dailymotion.com/video/x4uqqzi_zaregoto-series-ova-vol-1-pv2_fun

Was there a thread about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

wavemotioncannon.com/2016/03/21/shinbo-is-dead-a-new-generation-of-shaft/
vimeo.com/129314425
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3_xDxXuSw
twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/780482191797133312
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This looks like so shit. Why does Shaft have to ruin everything? I wish another studio would have done this. I was waiting for a zaregoto anime forever and now I don't care anymore.

Shaft

Better than the last preview.

It's alright.

>Shaft
>Yuki Yase
Why? Why couldn't this be given the same treatment of Katanagatari? Or even better the okitegami treatment?

> Or even better the okitegami treatment?
Shitty live action?

Yes but that unironically was the best Nisio adaptation. Second best was Katanagatari.

I watched a couple of episodes and it looked pretty good.

MONOGATARI KILLER

Monogatari killer is time.

Monogatari killer was KnK

Seriously? I only watched the first episode and was already mad that they made it so that Kyouko and Yakusuke didn't know each other at the beginning.

Wow, looks pretty good

Where's Aikawa?

She'll only be in the last OVA, this is a PV for the first.

充~電~中

IRC pls go

Zaregotomonogatari

Is IRC shitposting still a thing?

Is this only volume 1 adaption?

Yes

It's a shame, because I liked volume 2 a lot more.

At the very least we still occasionally get a coordinated group of people all using the same shitty bait.

They'll probably adapt it if this sells well.

Surely we will get more than 2 volumes, r-right?

Seems likely

Not so sure about it being the best Nisio adaptation, but I definitely enjoyed it a lot. It was definitely one of the best Japanese live action shows I've seen. Though it was a bit odd that they changed that Yakusuke and Kyouko knew one another, but it was pretty great.

Maybe I'll give it another try. I read the first three books, am safe from spoilers?

Is there anything Aoi can't do?

Nope, she's just that great.I'm actually glad they waited until now just for that.

so its 1 ep OVA not a full series?

One OVA a month for 8 months.

>seiyuu cocksuckers are going to watch this because of that ugly midget

ugh

i hope they make it up with god tier anmation

It looks nice, but I wouldn't expect any particularly good animation.

Where's the real one?

Shaft sucks at PVs cuz of deadline or w.e but I expect it to be in the same vein as Tsuki or Hana.

I know a lot of people hate that Shaft is turning it into Gatari with the style but its really only from the character design standpoint. The direction and story is going to be completely different.

Maybe its because when I read this years ago I imagined the monogatari style so I am not as surprised as most people. But it shouldnt be the factor that turns people off.

The first book isnt the best in the series but its very interesting.

Neither of those had "god tier animation"

Well the show isn't action orientated.For the first novel that is.

I know it isn't, I'm saying that zaregoto wont have "god tier animation".

I think thats obvious the second you read "shaft studio"

SHAFT DOES IT AGAIN THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

【2016年 09月 26日(月)】 **3,815

GREAT!

I hope this series can get a TV series that can cover 2 books. The faster it gets to the parts that arent translated the better.

Just dont announce a movie. We will never get it and when we do it will probably be split into 3 movies.

Volume 1 character commentaries are going to be by Aikawa Jun and Nagatoro Toromi (some character from Saikyou series).

Fucking amazing.

>Not doing Zaregoto like katanagatari
>Follow the pre-established art direction
>It's all just fucking "SHAFT"
Fuck, Shaft is a fucking one trick pony at this point. Everything looks the fucking same.

>Katanagatari was a financial failure
>Follows a working style
>Its all ANIPLEX fault

All shaft is gonna produce is going to reek of 'gatari from now on, it's fucking terrible.
Studio hits one goldmine and BOOM stagnation.

It looks good overall. Kunagisa and Iichan are pretty close to what I imagined. But I still don't get why they didn't just have the same person voice all the triplet maids.

Well, I'm pretty sure the three maids are supposed to sound the same.

From now on? Sangatsu no Lion and Fate are going to be completely different. This is only Gatari like because Nisio's name is attached to a big franchise.

Besides Koufuku and Nisekoi was very different from gatari style.

Yeah, so they could have used the same person. If there's a noticeable difference between how the maids sound, then you can't wonder whether or not they swapped between scenes.

Kofuku and Grafiti didn't have the Gatari art style but the directoral style and cuts were Gatari prime.

The two ADs on this will surely deliver with the later episodes

Those cuts are just general Shaft stuff. They didn't start all of this with Monogatari.

Fuck, I misread your post.

Is this the new season of monogatari?

No its Zaregoto. Thats like asking if every kyoani anime is a new season of k-on.

Who is that even supposed to be on the right?

Why Shaft can adapt designs perfectly while Kyoani can't?

I don't think he was being serious.

We had a good thread till studiowar fags entered.

Shaft is so creatively bankrupt

I guess we has a nice thread for a while, I hope you have fun shitposting about studios.

Are you shitposting?

No since its very similar to Take's art. Didnt you see the side by sides.

Looks generic as fuck.

>yuki kaji as MC

It doesn't get any more generic than that.

>ruining Take's art and character designs
thanks shaft. why didn't they give this to white fox instead?

> Take's art and character designs
are nothing special

THIS.

Kyoani should have animated it and it would be like having a musaigen s2

Sad that we couldn't get 100 posts before shitposters.

We will never have nice threads for this series, won't we? All thanks to shaft and kyoanifags sperging out like usual. Guess I'll enjoy this without an Cred Forums commentary track then.

Looks like Bakeshit part 10

It's funny we're just a couple years from shaft having done bakeshit for an entire decade

why is shaft so based, looking forward to it

it's not our fault that shaft is fucking lazy

The mc looks and sounds like araragi. They're blatantly trying to bank on monogatari success. Didn't they get the memo that it isn't a cash cow anymore?

anti-shaft fags get btfo and can only try shit posting once again

Most of us here like shaft. Idk why you are forcing this anti shaft meme same with anti any studio. Its stupid and only works on Cred Forums because your user.

This is bunch of nonsense!!

>My waifu finally gets animated
Still not sure how to feel about Zaregoto getting an anime. It can go wrong in so many ways.

>shaft
>animated

>shaft
>animation

HAHA get fucked

Samefag using the same meme

Okay.

>Yuki Kaji playing an emo protagonist again
Yawn.

I liked it when it was called Danganronpa.

>Calling Ii-chan as emo
>Yawn

You sound like an underage from ANN forums.

Looks pretty neat

Maybe one day they'll get tired and go away. Sometime in the distant future.

You could discuss this on IRC. SHAFT has more haters than Zaregoto has fans in this board.

Damn, Shaft has a run this year.

But he's literally a fucking emo. This shit was written back when the emo meme was in full force.

Yeah, Kizumonogatari flopping, 3-gatsu probably flopping and looking like shit, and Zaregoto confirming they're creatively bankrupt. How do they manage it?

How often will it be relesed? I need to pick up translation again, I'm stuck after vol 3

Looks cheap and drab , voices sound miscast and off somehow and like something only Cred Forums will obsess over and be grandiose about. Have fun being stupid about this OVA Cred Forums and maybe find a f way to pit it against Hibike Euphonium in some sort of non comparison while your at it.

Dont worry about their finance. Just watch anime for entertainment. If you cant enjoy it watch something else.

Cred Forumsis kind of making Yuuki Aoi annoying to me somehow lately which isn't easy cause I kind of like her, just don't fucking utterly obsess over her like a drooling retard.

Once a month.
You should, Vol 5 is the best

Reminder that Zaregoto's MC is basically the poor man's Oreki.

Everybody is is the same boat right now but hard to feel sorry for Shaft fanboys really the way they've acted for years now.

Pulling out some great stuff recently.

It's sad to see them making Fate next year. Though it's the first Fate anime with full canon status.

But I hope they will announce another show for 2017.

Who vol 1 on shelf here?

:>

Have you never seen Ef? Shinbou was using that style way before Monogatari.

>oreki
poormans ginko

All of shafts style can be traced back to PaniPoni Dash and Moon Phase. Idk why people think this is a new concept for shaft.

Idk why people have a problem when shaft uses their cliches but fine when other studios do it.
Kyoani has Yamada's infamous leg cut scenes.

Ghbili has a similar character designs and sometimes even messages.

I doubt most ppl can pick up JC Staffs similar color pallets and some of their directors have a distinctive visual direction. Kasai Kenichi likes using clouds in characters a lot.

The more you understand studios and their directors the easier it is to understand them. But Cred Forums and many anime fans only see studios.

Maybe those shows just aren't as constantly in your face about it. I mean it does seem to be Shafts primary selling point and the main thing brain dead millennials seem to love about the label.

Cred Forums and most anime fans either being loudmouth idiots or just plain idiots waiting for someone to tell them what to think about something or whether it's "hype" or not is 99% of the problem with anime and it's community right now. Anime fans got exceptionally dumb with the latest generation. They aren't even going to know who these people are except maybe Yamada cause she's affiliated with Kyoani which is topical pretty much always for shitposting reasons.

Also Cred Forums and anime fans only see 3 studios at a given time. Kyoani, Shaft and whoever else made the latest hit LN thing with cute girls.

Yamada uses the leg shots once a show in a way that actually means something.
Ghibli have that character design because the character designer and the staff are familiar with it since the late 80s.
Meanwhile Shaft throughout all their different directors have the same cut style, editing style, character and scene positioning. It worked for SZS and was funny in Hidamari but now it's overmilked. But they can't seem to move past that. And it's a shame because I had big hopes for Oishi after the trio went in seperate ways but he didn't move forward.

> he didn't move forward.
Watch Kizu

Clearly you dont know what you are talking about. Im not saying this in an offensive manner. But each director at shaft has their own unique quirks to them and its apparent when you take off the hate goggles. YaseYuuki is far different from Itamura and he is completely different from Naoyuki.

Idk what to tell you apart from look for their styles but its clear that it isnt the same old same old.

If close ups and headtilts are peoples biggest gripe with Shaft than its their fault for being autistic. I can say that almost every Dezaki anime follows some similar pattern of visual tropes but it doesnt make it bad. People are choosing what they want to like and hate.

I did. The storyboards were great but he still is constrained by the same cutting and editing style that was already stale in 2009.
I'm assuming you're talking about the differences between the directors stated in this article wavemotioncannon.com/2016/03/21/shinbo-is-dead-a-new-generation-of-shaft/
The thing is despite they are a copycat under a copycat to the degree that you end up with a bastardization of a style reached in Nisekoi S2 and in Kagerou Daze.
If you want to watch how a director can be influenced by another while maintaining his own style and sharing the same staff? See Miyazaki and Takahata's 80s and 90s works. They came from the same school of thought, share the same staff mostly and their directing style couldn't even be more different.

I can agree to a degree that shaft does have a template that might "constraint" some directors. Looking at those who left shaft they went on and made different series but still maintained some shaft flare to them.

Oonuma who molded much of shafts eariler works does carry Shaft to silver link. Hatakeyama Mamoru evolved but still takes the visual directions he learned at shaft with him.

So i can agree that someone is pinning them to follow a certain template. But I still dont find it to be bad. Is studio brand identity really a bad thing?

I hate seeing people say Kyoani only does moeblobs when they are so much more than that. And i hate seeing people say shaft is a 1 trick pony.

Idk what else to say you can just love them or hate them at this point but you should expect what they are going to deliever.

Outside of the Rakuga guy. No one of the ex Shaft guys archived anything after Shaft.

Oonuma?

>cutting and editing style
>stale

HAHAHA what the fuck are you even talking about? Fast cuts are used by acclaimed directors Like Scorcese and Aronofsky all the time. You being a faggot and not liking that style does not make it stale.

Thats like saying if someone used Kon's editing style for 10 shows it would be stale. Idk anymore. Anime fans just nitpick anything.

Stanley Kubrick movies are stale, ne?

Are you really comparing Scorsese to Yuki Yase? Are you that retarded? I'm talking about the shitty cutting style all Shaft directors use changing angles and camera positions 14 times in a minute to hide the fact that there is no actual animation. See the infamous Owari slap scene for an example.

Shaft fast cutting is very messy to be honest. I feel like they don't know how to do it properly.

Sure, you feel.

I like it. You dont. End of convo.

It's true though.

>convo
>>>/reddit/

I like that cut it was dramatic.

No you don't. You're hyst a deluded Shaftfag.

Never been to reddit. But it seems you have since you know how they talk.

Maybe you should use a new webm so it's not blatantly obvious that you're the one person who has been starting Shaft versus Kyoani shitposting nonstop for months.

I do. Anyone that has a problem with it are nitpicking fags. Good animation isnt just sakuga generic bs.

I thought It was done well in Kizu, specially during the intro.

>I like that
Ok then. I'm sorry for barging into this thread. You're guys are beyond salvation.

Fast cutting only properly works out when they're blocked out correctly. SHAFT fast cutting often times break continuity since they obviously don't really plan out the scene before hand. Some retards believe it's actually an artistic choice.

What are you? Trying to save Cred Forums one person at a time. Stop being a fag this is all cartoons.

The problem with the new fag shitposting is that back in the days it was all about baiting people.

Now it's just talking with oneself. But we are living in the age of paid Trump and Hillary dank memes

vimeo.com/129314425

Different intentions for fast cuts.

Anime are pretty similar because every scene is handcrafted and exactly planed on storyboards.

There is no need to deal with cameras and actors.

I to to scroll up. I forgot this was a Zaregoto thread.

looks stale as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3_xDxXuSw

Shaft in October is some amazing stuff.

Just let them find some non-issue to fight about with each other over again and point and laugh. It'll come soon enough.

>Comparing John fucking Seale to any jap storyboarder
It's not fair user. Also in relation to this thread he used this style to convey motion in a fast action movie. It's not convient for a talking scene or anything of the like when you don't have anything to show.

Most OVAs would just you know...animate a full cut or something. I don't see it as often for TV series anymore sadly as anime has gone into this cheap mass production milk x fanboys mode this decade which even then it can barely manage half the time

fuck off already

Calm down moodie, it's all going to be okay.

Is it even debatable that Shaft is the best animation production company at this point?

I stopped watching SHAFT shows after Nise. Do they still do this annoying shit?

Nope. They should make every director retire and have Sinbo direct everything.

Yes, it's highly debatable.

sorry, meant to say worst animation production company

Ya noticeably in Nisekoi

Why is the color design so awful? The characters and environment are fundamentally at odds and not in a striking way. It just looks poorly designed. I have no hopes left for this adaptation.

Now they do this

who?

So lazy and ugly.

>It's not convient for a talking scene or anything of the like when you don't have anything to show.

fast cuts are used in conversation all the fucking time.

Shaft cuts bad PVs. They already fixed some of the issues from the first PV. By the time we get the OVA, next month, it should look good.

Its never fair to judge shaft by their PVs especially when they are notorious with bad deadlines.

>Koe no Katachi will gross more than all 3 Kizu movies combined

Really makes me think.

Yes to show or emphasize something. Not just for the sake of it. Doing something for the sake of it is an amateur controlla.

>They already fixed some of the issues from the first PV
[citation needed]

twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/780482191797133312

So the plot description for this is pretty vague. What is it really about? It says it even becomes a fighting genre in volume 2?

>butthurt anti-shaft fags

Wow
They really did

The only fix is with the second image having more detail. The rest are just typical nonsensical changes from SHAFT.

Yup ignore shading and coloring. Thats just nonsnse.

It is basically Unreliable narrator : The Anime

Not ignoring shading that's why I said only the second was improved upon. The rest are exactly the same save for diferent backgrounds, in fact the background of the 3rd image was more detailed in PV1.

From an educated intellect's perspective, I do not comprehend why anyone would hate Shaft and the original materials it adopts from. The tendency of people hating Shaft seems to grow upwards the more uncivilized that person is, am I wrong?

>butthurt shaft fag

Yes, you're wrong.

Now you are convincing me that you are blind. If backgrounds is all you care about than you totally missed the improvement with the 3rd image.

I love SHAFT but the PVs for this look like shit. That's what happens with rushed production + a low tier director, I guess.

It's mystery with unreliable narrator/detective and eccentric geniuses as all the actors and suspects.

Closest thing in monogatari for comparison might be koimonogatari and owarimonogatari 1.

What did the 3rd image improve? I just see the character being closer, it has the same exact shading and less saturated colors.

Look at them in motion. Stills arent doing it justice. But from what I see its far better colored. Only thing useless is the birds but even I think thats an improvement.

What is Shinobu doing here?

Araragi's eye and hair colour changed.

Doesn't even look like shinobu. Would have been a better bait if you use Tomo.

【2016年 09月 27日(火)】 **3,916
100 points in just 5 hours.

How would it have looked if SHAFT animated katanagatari?

Like any other episode of Bake

Like SHAFT animated katanagatari

Is it good?

Exactly like bakeshit

If that means Oishi is directing I would take that over white fox any day.

If you wanted a better insult you should have said second season.

I don't think Oishi is that good anymore. The trio charm went off after Oonuma left. Kizu was a disappointment for a project that took 5 years storyboarding (according to Oishi himself).

Kizu is stunning. Stop falling for the meme

>watch the movie
>come out with a conclusion before reading/a/
>Cred Forums thinks I'm falling for a meme
This is the same thing that happened with the second half of Death Note and both are shit. So no this isn't a meme but a personal observation.

>wanting Phantom Sales S2

Kyoanus basically admitted that was like a practice run for their newbie animators.

Kizu is a bad adaptation of the great book. But it's a very good movie.

>But it's a very good movie.
Maybe it would be if it wasn't 3 part movie.

Better than expected and it felt much less Mekaku than the first one. It's obviously too monogatar-ish, but it can't be helped. Maybe it will by a slightely better adaptation than the monogatari arc adapted by fucking Itamura.

>hard to feel sorry for Shaft fanboys really the way they've acted for years now

Since when?

What will SHAFT do after they run out of Nisio stuff to adapt?

Since they became relevant back in 09 and took over Gainax fags' spot.

Nisio will write more

Whatever their masters tell them to do

>Kizu
>good movie
LUL

Oh I forgot that he's like printing machine.

Kizu is barely passable as a theatrical feature

I doubt they'll adapt anything after zokuowari. Thankfully it's all being translated.

I think that as long as it's selling more than 7k they're going to adapt more.

If it was just shaft maybe, but aniplex will probably try a new 20K+ bet like they are doing with zaregoto.

>The direction is going to be completely different.

You must be blind.

So this is the power of SHAFT PVs?

The charm disappeared when they all stopped living in cardboard boxes and wasting all their time and money on opiates.

>The trio charm went off after Oonuma left.
t. Oonuma

When did he say that?

I liked it, expecially Ichan has the aura he should have. Tomo seems a bit too alive, but this is ok since those are only scenes where she is with him.
BG looks good
other than that everything is ok.

come on, i'm a shaft fag but I will never say shaft could ever do godtier animation. Still this is detective story (sorta/parody), it doesnt really need good animations

>based nonsense-kun
>emo

get fucked, please

too bad the point of this book is exactly ''you shouldn't play detective''

studiowar bullshit. It started when KnK was ''the monogatari likker'', but failed; after that kyoani and shaft are in a stupid war, but only on Cred Forums

Nisio can write a novel every month,and he did while doing katanagatari so if they want they can go on forever

Hopefully the 2nd OVA will come soon after.

I want to see the Most Perfect Being in the World animated.

it's one every month for 8 volumes