How come the endings to retro anime are so much better than modern day series?

How come the endings to retro anime are so much better than modern day series?

Just came here to say I'm on episode 20 of this series and I have loved every second.

I finished it this morning after taking a year to watch since I wanted the journey to seem as lengthy as it was and it really paid off. My only problem was it got pretty repetitive and formulaic every now and then but the planets always had interesting concepts or people to make them memorable.

Are you up to Ryuzu yet? She's honestly second best girl next to Maetel. I think you're almost up to the Firefly episode which is also one of my favourites and one of the best written in my opinion.

>implying B-project did not have the best ending in modern narrative history

Would you travel the stars with Maetel?

Ofc

Yeah I met ryuzu and the firefly and they were awesome. But I just can't wait to learn a bit more about Maetel every episode.

>How come the endings to retro anime are so much better than modern day series?
Because most modern day anime are promotionals and advertising for half finished source material from light novels, visual novels and manga.

Older anime could actually have a plot and put a conclusion at the end. Modern anime is all about keeping the series going and going and going. Also mostly advertisement for merch and the source material. That´s also the reason why romance is basically never concluded nowadays. Can´t continue the series if MC and love interest get together.

Oh you find out more about her but I won't spoil. I was planning on watching the Maetel Legends OVA next since it reveals more about her background. So what do I watch next from Leiji Matsumoto? I've seen the following:

Galaxy Express 999, Arcadia of my Youth,and the Queen Emeraldes OVA. I was thinking if I don't start the Maetel OVA tonight then I'll watch The Cockpit since it seems awesome.

>Older anime could actually have a plot and put a conclusion at the end. Modern anime is all about keeping the series going and going and going.

Pretty much all modern anime follows that formula of never getting anything done, yeah. And yes i know that Takahashi made really fucking long anime/manga with tons of filler. Doesn´t change the fact that most other anime back then did have some sort of conclusion.

Main characters in modern series never really feel like they go through character growth which affects them, you could argue they do but they don't really seem that changed compared to how they started out in certain series.

Well most modern MCs are self-inserts. It just makes sense that they don´t show any growth or even much of a personality in the first place. They´re basically not even characters, more like blank slates that get swept away by the plot happening around them.

Since a lot of 80s anime was influenced by American action movies do you think this has a similar effect with the rise of SJWs taking hold in Hollywood?

>How come the endings to retro anime are so much better
Explain this shit then OP

>Modern anime is all about keeping the series going and going and going
What are you talking about? Modern anime has trouble getting more than 12 episodes out.

Yeah, the LN or the manga or whatever the anime is based on. Obviously not the anime itself which is just the ad for the source material.

>endings to retro anime

Well, they were allowed to write endings/stories.
Arguably after a long run, but atleast there were endings.

>modern day series
Don't have the opportunity nor motivation to write and ending, because of adaptation.

>he didn't robot in the end

Wasted my time.

Because retro anime is so much better than modern day series.

They aren't as much adaptations as original shows.