Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 21

Zophis and his army of ancient demons have been quelled, Gash bell moves into it's third arc as of volume 18! We are at the point where the series has really hit it's stride!

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc
Opening 2: youtube.com/watch?v=_aMy1lJsRtE
Opening 3 (current): youtube.com/watch?v=ezEO8ekCfIw

Previous dead threads: pastebin.com/shcpTS7q
Previous active threads:
Volume 15: Volume 16: Volume 17: Volume 18: Volume 19: Volume 20:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/konjiki-no-gash-bell-),
youtube.com/watch?v=zYbShIwFlNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around, after that all the above starts to really shine and continues to get better; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english.

A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for the last 3 volumes, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now other then the last 3 volumes as jpgs on otakusmash, and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel in most cases. They also have 18-30, but thye quality isn't much better then Null's and the translation is still iffy.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great due to changes it makes and missing the last arc (nontheless, here's a link to the anime episodes: anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/konjiki-no-gash-bell-), and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to.

HOWEVER, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then, and use your judgement for how often you post/how long what you are posting is. Don't overdo it.

DON'T POST SPOILERS (IE ANYTHING PAST THE CURRENT DUMPED PAGE OF THE CURRENT VOLUME) OUTSIDE OF SPOILER TAGS

Yay OP hope your captcha isn't being a nigger today

I hope so too

In case anybody isn't aware, there wasn't a thread ysterday because my captcha wasn't loading every time I tried to make the thread over a course of 2 hours, and then when it finally did posting was down entirely due to SSL errors

I mean, the captcha werks for me (tm), so maybe your internet's just shitty. You could also try reverting to captcha v1 with Cred Forums x or similar

>Keith
I know it was in the last thread but no one posted this thing
youtube.com/watch?v=zYbShIwFlNQ

Glad to see Gash getting some love. It was the first series that I really got attached to, and was my driving force to write comics

I hope that one day I'll write a battle comic just as good if not better than this

Does Kyanchome ever become useful?

Ever since the past arc

Yes

So when Keith showed up in the human world, he ended up working in a Japanese restaurant

That's why his Beethoven gibberish had him listing Japanese dishes

Neat

F

Tricked!

KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU

incoming some of the best fight choreography in the series (although I'm kinda biased for liking clone abilities)

Holy shit, I laughed too hard at this

Ahhhh yeah
Shit just got real
*Kyanchome intensifies*

I dunno how Raiku does it but he makes a duck billed child in a onesie pajama suit come across as a badass.

>I dunno how Raiku does it

He's channeling the Hippo

I like how it shows one of the clones chasing after the book keeper.
Like it or not Kyanchome knows how to end these battles.

That's what makes Kyanchome so great. Until the endgame he's entirely misdirection-based so his powers are practically all dependent on his wits.

perspective, poses, expresions and bigdamn heroes

So do they all have approximately the same strength as the regular one?

>barehanding a Gigano

Even if its a bunch of em, for Kyanchome that's pretty solid

No, each Dima Buruku clone is stronger and faster then Kyanchome

Even stronger.

I think they're stronger than the original.

>his smile and optimism: restored

What does a dima prefix signify?

>tosses his own spell back at him

Couldn't the guy have like...desummoned his own attack?

That it's a powerful spell with a large energy cost iirc.

Only two spells in the manga have it, so it's hard to say for certain, but it seems to signify multiple attack angles/directions

Attack of the army of super saiyan Rayman clones!

>kiyo not having any heart power left
I thought he was the king of fucking asspull heart power

That only works for Baou, which actually becomes more powerful the less heart power he has

I thought Baou was, more powerful the more heart power he has used, not the less he has. Though the rules regarding Baou do seem to completely change by the end of this arc.

Thanks Op. Wasn't able to be on here yesterday and couldn't find an archive copy, so I thought something happened or you were chased off. Glad you're still dumping the series!

IRON MAN FOLGORE
INVINCIBLE FOLGORE

I mean, is there a distinction between how much you use and how much you have left, really?

If you've used 80% of it, that's the same as only having 20% left, no?

>throwing each other is the main strat

Human cannonballs need more love nowadays

Not really, I mean during the Demolt fight he was casting spells as often as he could to build up power, not to reduce his power. This was also all while he was constantly being refilled at some rate by the moonstone. Baou seems to capture some amount of energy that doesn't otherwise get utilized, and store it up for when it is cast itself. Besides it wouldn't make sense for his book to glow progressively brighter when storing up energy for Baou if he was instead draining his energy.

I fucking love this sequence

Ah, I guess that's true

This is incredibly silly

Kyanchome, please

You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker.

KEIKAKU DOORI

They need to learn to tech throws, throwing is too OP in this manga.

Oh god this payoff

HA
Jokes on you, my clones were only pretending to be retarded

I made the same joke last thread I think

So Baou literally gets more powerful the less mana you have. Fucking nerf this shit Raikou

There isn't an enhanced version of Zaguruzemu that they get later is there? They also never boost the true Baou with Zaguruzemu do they?

Nope, there isn't, but there is a better version of jikerudo that repels enemy spells and attracts enemies inside of it before electrocuting them

And no they never try to use it with true Baou

BEST GIRL HAS ARRIVED

Laila isn't there.

>That goddamn bitch.

Cherish is just a better version of Leila

Best girl?
All I see is some low class prostitute

Umagon's third spell would have been insanely overpowered if they got it earlier.

His spells seem powerful in general.
Maybe its the trade off for being a horse and the lack of being able to communicate?

Well, that's the invicible Folgore. He's ripped as heck

Keith's got some kink in him.
But I can't tell if he's an S or an M

>tfw awkwardly attracted to Keith

FUCK, what is with me and shorter men

Can Won Lee fuck the curse out of Lee Yen?

F

Fucking amazing.

What happens if a demon suffers too much damage but their book is safe? Has it been established?

She this is one of the things that confuses me about Leo's whole curse plan
>hahaha I will curse people into helping me
>hahaha I will use their strength to break Faudo's seal
>hahaha if they don't obey I will make them weaker!

I mean hows she supposed to 'help' him if she's fucking bedridden

So far I assume they just actually die, but I'm not sure

If a demon takes too much damage their book catches fire, thats kinda what happened with Kido.

They die, same as if a human got damaged too much

No, the book doesn't automatically go aflame, with Kid the book just got grazed by a spell.

Nice.

these guys are great

That ain't Megumi and Tio.

You know, I'll say one negate thing about this arc

Its a real clusterfuck of characters

I mean I've read through the series already and I practically forgot these 2 existed

Ahh so that's what happened.
You're not the only one, captcha is being a complete bitch to me lately too. It's infuriating just trying to post, so I can't imagine the bullshit you must deal with for a long storytime dump like this.

Good luck OP.

Hmm..I actually had the same issue, but it was two days ago, not yesterday. Uninstalling and reinstalling 4chanX seemed to fix the issue.

Fuck yeah Kanchome's gonna get gud

>SOMEONE WILL DIE
>ITS IN YOUR HANDS
>Zatch is literally a child

Uhhh no, he probably shouldn't be the one to make the decision. He's probably the least qualified.

I just finished it, some tears were shed. A great read.

My only nitpicks would be the giga-asspull called answer talker and the boost power ups given by Zeon and that some of the later stronger spells make the splashpages a huge mindfuck, you can barely follow what happens with so many explosions and energy buzzing around.

Speaking of answer talker, am I crazy or is it implied that Prof. Riddle has it too?

It's training for him to be king, gotta learn how to make important decisions while under a lot of pressure.

There's a good chance that Zeon could break the lock by himself via Zigadirasu, rendering this choice moot. But they don't know that.

The fact that these are all literal childern being put in a position where they are fighting for their lives and are constantly at fear of being attacked and aren't in a world they are familar with and how messed up that is is kind of a running theme, user

It seems like a ton of early characters have some sort of "proto answer talker". Apollo, Riddles, Sunbeam, etc

Who is this fuccboi?

Even if they're weaken they should be able to gather enough strength for a single spell which is all he needs.

A guy that is likely in the top five as far as human partners go in physical ability.

Yeah I forgot about these guys too.

>dat serious kiyomaro

So that'd be, what, like

1. Gensou
2. Sherry
3. Lee Yen
4. Ashie

Who would even be 5?

>CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Folgore, on endurance if not physical strength.

How old is Keith? He smokes and stuff, is this underage smoking?

>boi
>guy

THIS GODDESS IS A MAN???

Yes

Crazy right? but yea later on it becomes far more apparent.

Demons don't have silly concepts like "underage drinking" or "college application" or "age of consent"

wiki says 17, but as always IDK where that info is from

STILL WAITING ON ARTBOOK user

I was 100% sure he was a girl until the flashback I think.

Kyanchome's time in the circus is really paying off now. Damn this is brilliant.

I love this little duckbilled crybaby. He's such a great character.

If Gash were the protag of F/Z, everything would turn out alright

I love that this doesn't just end here with "I'll find a third way", like this sort of scene would in other series's, but that Ashie actually goes "No you stupid fuck there's only 2 choices", and then gash comes up with an actual third one

We might lose the internet next week thanks to Obama giving away ICANN.

Is this the first time Gash gets Zeon-esque eyes?

I think it's willpower based.

Pfff you are only being selfish Gash, what a joke of a King

>dat serious Kanchome

Awesome

Prisma Illya agrees

That's a gorgeous page.

nah, he actually has a point, which is why I love how this is handled rather then how this trope happens in other manga/anime/shows

No? He's had these sort of eyes whenever he gets passionate since like volume 1

It's even been brought up as a plot point with Barry. have you not been paying attention?

I'm saving these just to look at later this is great.

I love how proud folgore is that his kid was actually able to be strong.

>that look of pride

You earned it kyanchome. You earned it.

>Prisma Illya

That aint Suzy

>you will never witness your own death

>Kiyomaru's smirk
fuck, I'm hard

this is a blue board

>This is the best way into Faudo's body
No it's really not.

I forgot about these guys

And now it's time for worst boy, a shit in everything even name.

I forgot - is this the arc where Kiyo gets answer talker or the next one?

Near the end of this one.

The climax of this one

>As for as I know
As far as I know

Kanchome pls

Translator's note: He's saying poop dick.

>That Kanchome in the bottom left panel
Reaction pic worthy

OPs sister here. He locked himself in the toilet again. He may be some time.

Captcha is starting to act up again

TOKYO
O
K
Y
O

>Captcha is starting to act up again
Likely story, from a Cyborg! I'm on to you.

Sadly, no.
And believe me, it's not for the lack of trying.

From the beginning you always see that gash had the disposition of a king.

Just get a Cred Forums pass

man i'm thinking about it

Lewd

This gon be gud

I like how Folgore appears to have acid resistant boots.

>SILENCE, YOU PIECE OF TRASH! I AM A GOD!

something about this line gets me

>silence you piece of trash, I am a god

Well, at least Unko Tin Tin has good self esteem all things considered

Eat shit, Unko Tintin.

Wait, did Tio and Megumi swap places from the last poll?

Leila a cute
A cuuuuuuute!

Surprised Paamoon was so high. Good taste with Ted tho.

It was clearly the Suzy bullying that improved her rank

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?

>Raiku casually having a lunch date with the V man
I ship it

There's something amazing about Raiku eating at a family restaurant with Victoreem that I can't quite explain

They're for swimming in pussy

>Folgore dropped to fucking 19th place
Even though the top 10s pretty good; this is inexcusable. Fucking nips and their shit taste.

>zeon

For fuck's sake, how come he gets so high when he does nothing for so long?

Definitely Folgore.

Heh
I thought that the vaginal fluids were basic though

Nips have a thing for evil/dark/edgy versions of MCs.

Weeelll technically it wasn't the "greatest," there are still the millennial problems. Also Wiles' proof was extremely long and some people think that it's not elegant enough as Fermat claimed

I feel like the brain should be obvious here

I thought the belief now is that Fermat didn't actually figure out the real solution

>for any natural number greater than 2, there are no natural number that satisfy x^n + y^n = z^n
>yet 3² + 4² = 5²
I don't get it
Or does the problem refer to n and not x, y and z?

Yeah, he probably didn't, but still it's an interesting problem to prove. It's a shame there's no elegant solution though

To n

>that face
OH BOY

It refers to n.
So basically it's:
x^3 + y^3 != z^3
x^4 + y^4 != z^4
and so on.

Yeah, n is typically the variable for a natural number

Tetsu no Folgore...

Muteki Folgooorrrreeee

>In number theory, Fermat's Last Theorem (sometimes called Fermat's conjecture, especially in older texts) states that no three positive integers a, b, and c can satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than two.

Love how he's about to cry
foreshadowing how scary demon kiyo can be

>All of them are only pretending to cover their ears

kek, never noticed that till now

I love kiyomaro is bullying the demon skeleton who has his friends dangling over a lake of magma.

You're moving up Suzy.

>Fucking Sunbeam and Momon

No fucks at all.

heh

Isn't she able to see that Kiyomaro's doing that?

adrenaline

This whole page is amazing.

Oh, I see.
That reminds me of something I realized, but it's pretty much useless.
Basically, Σi³ = (Σi)².
It's a pretty cool thing, but it's worthless.

>using adrenaline to paint
What?
oh yeah, i ∈ N

A tail?

I don't quite get what you mean. The sum of the square root of -1?

Correct!

basically, the sum of the cubed natural numbers is equal to the square of the sum of the natural numbers

that's what she gets for bullying suzume

Time for best ship

You know i feel bad for this nun. There is no way she was anyway prepared for any of this. Like at least the rest of them are aware of the bullshit that demons can be. She's been thrown into this with no preparation. She must be terrified.

Best ship

2^3 + 3^3 = (2+3)^2
35 = 25
Sorry I'm such a retard, but yeah I must be misunderstanding something.

It's a sum m8.
1^3 + 2^3 = (1+2)^2

>that last panel
The eternal struggle of man against nature.

Running! haven't seen that in a while

basically
1^3 + 2^3 + 3^3 = (1+2+3)^2
1^3 + 2^3 + 3^3 + 4^3 = (1+2+3+4)^2
And so on

>not even in a life-or-death situation, the monkeyrabbit cant stop being a perv.

gotta respect that level of dedication...

buzurai is gone :(

He was my favorite.

Right, right, was thinking along the lines of "any natural numbers" since it was Fermat's last theorem and such.

>1+8 = 3^2
>1+8+27 = 6^2
oh shit you're right.

He was a monster of the week nobody. What the fuck are you smoking.

I mean, there's an actual proof of it if you're interested

Eat shiiiiiiiiiit.

Too weak to fight but not enough to shot a Dioga spell. Personal interpretation Leo and his plan was badly implemented and that's why it failed.

How many of Leo's group genuinely wanted to work as allies? How many had battle experience?

And to add on to that: any natural number is true, since that number will be the limit of the sum of all the preceding natural numbers before it

These motherfuckers.

But he was so cool and cute.

Megumi didn't deserve to have her innocence broken.

I wonder if Zaruchimu's partner dresses that way so they'll match

His partner is the bald guy behind him

I know

did zaruchimu ninja'ed his partner when he was running from the police, after robbed a bank?

You'd think Momon's time slow spell would be the first thing that came to mind here

How do you pronounce Alishe? Is it ah-lee-sheh or is it like Alice with a speech impediment?

No one's used to fighting with Momon, not even his book master.

Yup.

I assume Ash-ee

>Momon in the back

That is just asking for trouble

Oh my god that face.

Tias panties are so cute.

>Megumi's thighs
Yummy

>They actually did use Momon's time slow spell
user was onto something.

I love the way Zaruchimu's shadow spells work

I love the way Zaruchimu's shadow spell tangles Tio, Megumi and Sister Chivas in this panel.

>he.

goddamn androgynous designs...

>Tentacle rape
Is no series safe?

Yeah he was pretty cool. Liked how much of an asshole he was. If he had a mouth he probably would have been smug most of the time

VERY SHIT

>be a ninja style demon
>have the power of shadow

This is the exact trope I can never get enough of.

What? Previously thought of joke character finally awakens their fighting spirit and is effective? That's because it is the best trope.

Everytime Mangakas get a chance to talk about their lives they complain that they have no time to do anything.

What a life.

To be fair that's true of everybody who isn't rich as fuck

I don't think I've laughed this hard at a manga before. I was not ready for that.

Was the movie any good?

>That mega castle he drew as 'his new house'
I fucking wish.

>last panel
>that smirk
diamonds

HASHIRIDASHITAAAAAAAAAA

OMOI GA IMA DEMOOOOO

There were two movies.
I only remember the second one, but it was about Vulcan 300. It was alright, nothing to write home about.

I think the first was about the 101th demon in the contest or some bullshit, I can't remember. All I remember is a girl in a boat at the start and then there was a cave. I dunno.

If I remember correctly, the anime pronounces it as "Ah-le-shi"

End of volume 21

The anime/manga divergence point is next volume, so anons who have only seen the anime should be warry of stuff in spoiler tags, and should pay extra attention

That sounds like an excellent event, especially for elementary schoolers to attend. Lucky bastards.

Aw. She's got a gash-bot. That kiyo made...how did that come about?

Much thanks.

is it possible to get this off the top of your head?

>That bottom right panel
Raiku is speaking directly to us.

Unko Tin Tin a cute

Thank you, user.

Yeah the 1st movie was about the 101 demon in the contest.
IIRC in actuality he was supposed originally supposed to be in the contest but Zatch ended up taking his place, and he ended up sending Zatch and Kiyo to the Demon world.
I don't remember much but I liked it better than second movie.

Yeah there are many young children who can do insane and complex calculations in an instant irl. Its crazy. A tragedy I didn't get that gift.

Umagon's too fucking adorable

This is where I stopped watching the anime years ago.

I know most of the stuff that happens in the final arc, but the rest of this one will be mostly new to me.

He is great

Oh man. There's no way you can be prepared for what is about to happen.

Poor Suzy

>he's smoking two cigars through his nostrils

OTP.

Best girl.

This guy sucks on the Dream Tag Tournament game.
His normals don't chain correctly.
His specials are unsafe ON HIT.

It's even lewder animated

Some day all that deferred sadness is going to come crashing down on Suzy.

Ah. there's a mistranslation here. In Panel 6, it should read "Yoiko's" Hamaguchi, not Yoruko.

Only reason I actually know this is because Arino from gamecenterCX is actually a part of Yoiko.

Alright, added to the list

>thirsted a kiss so bad she crawled on his arm just to get to his face

I felt really bad for her when they revealed the whole "Momon is purposefully fucking up her mission by avoiding demons", and then continued feeling bad for her till the end.

This isn't over?! I was like 7 when the anime came out, I watched up until the episode where there was a lady with a Chinese dress and they were on some island, And that fucking PS2 fighting game was LIT.

It has been over for a while but that doesn't stop people from enjoying stuff from the past.

Oh I'm not complaining, I was just surprised to see this again, even back when I was in school I only ever knew less than 7 people who knew about it.

>I watched up until the episode where there was a lady with a Chinese dress and they were on some island

That was like 10 volumes ago. You should go back and read the threads, catch up to where we are, and follow the storytimes with us.

You never even got to where the series gets really good

>sunbeam will never look sternly at you so you get your shit together and work out a plan
why live

Fucking Sunbeam.

>Gash Man 2: Dr. Raiku's Ambition

Then I will be doing that, thanks.

>you will never be Albert

>He
fuck, I always that that he was a she. Guess I remembered that wrong

Honestly Alishe seems almost like two different characters, from before and after the curse is removed or more before and after the flashback. The dissonance there is likely why so many people don't remember the character or remember them wrong.

Komachi reference?

Someone needs to edit a (you) over Kiyo's head

Because sometimes thats how dealing with folks around here feels like.