Classic anime thread

Let's talk about classic anime, especially those on Blu-ray. I'll start with a pic from my favorite anime.

>Bitchy Shinji

>not allowing her to be a bitch as long as you get to taste her jollof rice pussy

The most classic anime out there

the ending was sick and disgusting.

>not liking a grown man fucking his loli
Pleb

Unimaginative copypaste by Gainax with fanservice instead of substance.

Just like their Ideon copypaste actually.

Everything Gainax makes is superior to your plebshit

None of those are anything alike.
And stop spouting /m/ memes, Ideon is a terrible show. The movie, Be Invoked is fine. The show is a bland piece of shit.

despite being a newf/a/g, i really liked most of the ranma anime. is the manga as good as people says it is? should i read?

Are you implying NGE isn't bland shit?

I'm watching Captain Harlock, J-decker, and Neo Ranga for the first time, while rewatching Outlaw star since I haven't seen it since I was like ten.

About to finish my God knows what number rewatch of Escaflowne. 20 years later and it's still my favourite anime OST.

>Outlaw star
You realize that show is from 1998 right?
Saying that anime is classic is like saying Limp Bizkit is classic.
At least let it age a full 20 years.

0/8.
C'mon, you can do better than that. That level of bad b8 won't get you anything.

Neo Ranga is from 1998 as well. I figured these threads are basically for just Cel drawn shows. Just steal a few years from Captain harlock, it's by far the oldest show that's been posted in this thread, it even fucking beats out the guy who posted cities of gold.

You know what irks me?
The usage of the word classic in this thread. 80% of the anime in this thread are not classic.

Just being old doesn't qualify an anime as a classic.
Most of the anime in the thread aren't even that old either.

Pic related. A classic anime.
Millions of people the world over have seen it.
Most of them don't know it's anime. Most of them wouldn't' have cared even if you told them.
Granted anime as a term didn't exist at the time.

does the original mobile suit gundam wing count yet? like the one with wing zero, death scythe, heavy arms and the likes. I remember staying up with my friends every saturday to watch every new episode when it came on saturdays when i was a kid and toonami JUST started

does this count?

I always wonder what happens between Millerna, Allen and Dryden.
Of course it does.

calm down guy, its a great anime 25 yr olds loved as kids. let it be.

jesus christ this thread reminded me that no matter how much nostalgia glasses i put on the 90's were utterly shit

That shit taste.

For the reason that your taste don't exactly match mine.

I've been rewatching Tenchi Muyo. It's still the best harem to date.

Fuck yes you should. Why aren't you reading it right now?

I liked her except when she was acting like a vegan

Using it as a criticism of Eva is a stupid meme but Ideon is a great show.

I liked the series overall, but was lukewarm on the ending. Jean was a pretty cool hero most of the series, but was worthless during the climax. On top of that, Nadia's moments with her family were super rushed.

It's worth watching, though. Even the Island Arc had great moments that I wouldn't trade for anything.