Season 2 was pretty good!!

why did it get so much hate???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j7c5NHpoQMs
youtube.com/watch?v=hIlYZihSPY8
youtube.com/watch?v=Mqy4L8zwvEE
youtube.com/watch?v=LS6UVMXMHHo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably because of Hei losing his powers, Suou taking up a lot of screentime and the ending.
I really don't think it deserves most of the hate, but it did do some things wrong.

Sauce please? The man on the left looks like Hei from Darker Than Black but i don't remember seeing the girl on the right from the tv series or the OVA.
Also...S2 never.

Hei-bo was not as cool as S1 Hei, Suou was a boring character, no Yin, no Huang, no Kirihara

Also the plot was confusing without multiple views and no Gaiden to bridge the seasons at the time.

That being said I actually like S2 and think it's better than people give it credit for

Hei is bae

Season 2 is only bad when compared to Season 1, which was fantastic.

On its own its pretty good, aside from that terrible ending.

>Suou taking up a lot of screentime
Well, she was the main character. Hei was just her mentor.

My main issue is the story didn't properly develop Suou. I remember one scene with her going cold assassin mode, and thinking she would finally begin to get developed as a contractor, and then things went back to usual.

The ending was also a total mess, especially if you consider how the second season pretty much came down to nothing since the ending rendered it almost meaningless.

But people change overtime! literal moot point there.

plot was't that confusing imho.

>Season 2 was pretty good!!
Are you from the future?

>!!
>???
Fucking underage.

Hei being a depressed bum would have made more sense if they had released Gaiden before S2

Replacing Chinese electric batman with... a sniper girl? I like Suou but she didn't really do much.

Someone bump the thread with the OP

youtube.com/watch?v=j7c5NHpoQMs

okay

cuz she was still half human and shit. remember the aquarium memory implants!

season 3 never

Yeah i totally want a season 3 as well.
though it would have to start from the end of the first season desu

I want to be Hei's Yin.

lying beside the fucking whisky flask...kek

>kys

Fuck off back to facebook normalfag.

best song coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=hIlYZihSPY8

was the op/ed as good remotely in s2?

Yeah, both were pretty good.

I felt the OP was OK while the ED was pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mqy4L8zwvEE
Loved this one.

The finale. Before the finale, the threads were fun as fuck with a lot of original content, and "Hei will die posting", but then the finale happened and everyone forgot that episodes 1-10 were a fun ride. The show suffered from airing in that period where everyone decided to only make 1 cours shows.

Season 1 was a masterpiece while season 2 was some little girl using a sniper rifle and Ashenkazi allegories and other dumb bullshit.

This made me laugh more then I'd like to admit.

Amber's and Hei's fate still make me depressed to this day and it's why I can't rewatch DtB.

>not youtube.com/watch?v=LS6UVMXMHHo

TSUKIAKARI NO MICHISHIRUBE

Cause author did side character hijacking, it didn't need to be called Darker than Black when it was a side story that took up the core part of what was suppose to be Hei's story. In other words these characters don't become relevant past this chapter 2.

Bait and switch.

clever

Would have been more interesting if Suou got the pikachu powers

Wasn't the second season done without the guy who came up with the whole charcaters, setting and story for S1 and he hated it too?

the ending

no.

maybe. but the absence of yin in the first few episodes should be an automatic give away that something happened to her.

It was alright, but it was another potentially engaging story ruined by
>muh pacifist morals

>mahou shoujo contractor
Fuck off.

Worst girl got Hei's love. He should have picked the blonde chick or the policewoman

S2 is divided into like 4 subarcs of 3 episodes each and the qualify just drops with each of them, by the end it managed to go reach uncharted territories of retarded.

- No Yin (HORRIBLE idea to leave the best waifu in the series out)
- Hei is uncool
- Weird OC sniper girl takes up too much of the story
- Ending is anticlimactic nonsensical shit, just like first season's ending

DTB as a whole is a series that seems like it has all the ingredients to be successful, but never puts them in the right order and proportion.

Suou was an incredibly poormain character and didn't fit the series. Really the overarching issue with it is that it abandons everything people liked from the first series in favor of a shitty DTB themed magical girl series.

>Hei is uncool

I kind of disliked S2 at first (S1 is still one of my favourite shows), but it's almost immeasurably better now that you can watch the OVA between it and S1. So fucking confusing without it.

Also Suou's power just didn't fit in-universe. The contractor powers up until then... I hesitate to say that they're 'realistic' as such, but they're all pretty straightforward manipulation of elemental and physical forces. Having someone pulling an anti-tank rifle out of hammerspace is just weird, and don't even get me started on the magical girl transformation sequence they decided to use for that. It was retarded.

I actually liked the Suou and HoboHei dynamic, but it and Suou herself just weren't developed enough. Loads of time wasted on bizarre little arcs that barely went anywhere (crossdressing dad/paedoson anyone?), and you just can't afford to do that if you're only going to make 12 episodes.

The Izanami/Izanagi thing all but requires you to know the original myth those names come from, have watched the OVA that wasn't out until later and rewatch S2 at least once to make any sense of it at all. That's just bad storytelling.

That said, I loved the high school drama bait and switch in the first episode. 'Oh shit, they're going lighter with the main story with the actual DTB plot happening in the backg- oh wait no, everything is depressing again, and 90% of these characters aren't going to make it to the end. We're good.'

I'd say without the OVA it's a 4/10 but with it S2 it's a perfectly watchable 6/10. Still incredibly disappointing compared to S1's (IMO) 10/10 though.