Reminder that all Asuka wanted was to be besties with Rei...

Reminder that all Asuka wanted was to be besties with Rei. She was probably super excited to hang out and do girl stuff and talk about robots with her copilot, but Rei was rude and mean for no reason.

You don't need a reason to be "rude and mean" to Asuka.

Not like you could find a reason, cause Asuka is gentle and kind to all.

But who was on the wrong here?

>demanding friendship for convenience
>she just wanted to be besties!
Asukafags sure have a selective memory.

Asuka didn't want to be besties with anyone.
Not even Hikari.

This goes back to Rei's refusal. She could have been Asuka's friend but chose not to. Rei thought she was superior. Asuka is good at pegging people.

Funnily, Rei thought she was being the wise one, but it was Asuka calling her a doll that was the real advice received in the elevator. We know how that ended.

This. She approached Rei for the politics of it, and she used Hikari.
I'm lukewarm toward Rei, but I fucking hate Asuka. I've known too many people just like her, and they're toxic individuals who were only detrimental to my life.

Rei utterly destroyed her.

She talked about real sacrifice and bonds and Asuka just talked about Rei.

She had her on the ropes the whole time. All she could do was arrogantly smirk while she was losing. It was embarrassing for her and for Unit 02.

Almost everyone except for LOL (((Moot))) agrees.

Rei dominated

Oh fuck, not only has the pol pasta spread here, it's become Rei instead of Asuka.

wew

>We know how that ended.

Asuka in a coma and Rei saving the day by sacrificing herself after realizing her love for Shinji?

Becoming besties was supposed to be Asuka and Rei's entwined destinies

But Rei stayed engrossed in her textbook and wouldn't spare Asuka a second look.

The offer that Rei never took would sour Asuka's whole outlook.

When each of them descended into despair, their jilted bestie wouldn't even deign to care.

Sisters of the sun and moon, refusing friendship would prove to be their doom.

Condemning their hearts to experience only gloom.

Did Asuka and Rei ever dream of returning to that day? Would they change what they had to say or are they forever set in their way?

Who was in the wrong then? Asuka or Rei?

Asuka kept trying to invite Rei places and start conversations until Zeruel. Rei disliked Asuka immediately and never referred to her as more than the pilot of Eva-02, even inside her stream of consciousness monologue where she's bitchy at the color red.

It's both of them being precious little wrecks. Asuka had an expectation of the Children to be some elite clique of people like she pretended to be where she'd be validated. Rei jealously and passive-aggressively defended her tiny bubble life and her one bond to everything from an apparent interloper, same as she'd behaved before Asuka arrived.

Asuka's cute.

>Asuka is good at pegging people

Clearly we've been reading the same doujins then.

Asuka is an innocent maiden.

test

check'd

Ok.

Asuka hate Rei because she reminds her of a doll, while Rei said nothing in her defense.

Can't defend from the truth.

Who would want to be friends with an angry, screaming German hag anyway? Rei sure dodged a bullet there

why did the bitch jump to her death

Cause she murdered Rei.

>this is what Asukafags actually believe

Asuka never wanted to be besties with Rei. Asuka only saw Rei as a rival to be conquered. The incidents you refer to all have lines of dialogue that make Asuka's intentions damned clear.

When they first encounter, she places herself above Rei and demands to be friends because she'd find it convenient. Asuka is not asking for actual friendships here, and Rei responds in tone; an artificial friendship should have an artificial start: orders.

Asuka's disdain for Rei and dismissive attitude shows you what Asuka actually thinks. Asuka speaks behind Rei's back like in the Matarael episode as well.

Basically, Asuka is the worst and Rei is a saint in comparison.

BESTIES

Maybe in images, but not in NGE.

Asuka was in the wrong.

>Asuka
>friends
I don't think you understand what's going on. Asuka doesn't want friends, at most just extensions of her fragile ego. Rei sees right through her and doesn't entertain her bullshit.
There's nothing to be said. Asuka's projecting because she has a complex about that. She's the one with something to prove and it's ultimately (and in vain) it's to herself.

Rei did defend herself by denying what Asuka said.

Besides, actions prove things, not words. Rei proves she's not a doll by not acting like one, Asuka proves that she is a doll by acting like one.

I don't think someone has a duty to prove anything to a person who's clearly egocentric, but you're right that it is refuted and the case is ironic.

Asuka may see Rei as a doll, but that's because in her mind it's like Rei is the perfect loved one while she's the broken unloved one.

>he can't detect other people's bullshit
Unlike Rei, you'd get played good by Asuka

>toxic
Fuck off tumblr.

>an artificial friendship should have an artificial start: orders.
So I guess that means Rei has no actual feelings for Gendo, using your logic. The glasses were just a prank, brah.

Except up until EoE Rei acted clearly doll-like. She probably took a hint from Asuka afterwards.

From her terrible example? Perhaps.

That is not my logic, and what you write makes no sense.

When Asuka cites "convenience" as reason for friendship, it contradicts the fundamental concept of friendship itself.

When Gendo spontaneously hurts himself to the point of inflicting severe burns on his hands, forcing him to wear Mickey-Mouse style gloves for the remainder of his life, Rei (and the viewer) feels that the interest in her is genuine.

Your logic does not work. Rei doesn't appreciate false friendships, and as she discovers and over the course of the series accepts that Gendo isn't as interested in her well-being as she initially thought, she abandons him.

[citation needed]

What we see in NGE's Rei is a very introverted and expressionless character that questions her own existence and the relationship between her and her "boss", Gendo/NERV. In other words, Rei is not a doll.

Asuka on the other hand, is not capable of fighting her "boss", Gendo and NERV. She has a dependence, a string tying her to her puppetmaster, and without it, she collapses. This literally happened.

The questioning of Gendo and her own existence comes before Asuka ever says anything.

No, the doll remark probably hit home.

Except the gloves were to hide Adam too and were nowhere near as garish as Mickey Mouse. If you insists on exxaggerating things to paint Rei in a better light I'm afraid I cannot have a reasonable conversation with you.

Indeed, a newfag such as yourself doesn't even know how to sage.

>The questioning of Gendo and her own existence comes before Asuka ever says anything.
But perhaps Asuka was the catalyst.

>She has a dependence, a string tying her to her puppetmaster, and without it, she collapses. This literally happened.

Except she denied orders in the first episode of her appearnce.
>literally
Fuck off tumblrite, we're done here. Tired of seeing the same flimsy arguments propped up by newfags who don't know they've been destroyed before.

I'm not wasting my time with cancer.

>No, the doll remark probably hit home.
>probably
The power of wishful thinking.

Saying it didn't is fanwank as much as saying it absolutely did.

>Except the gloves were to hide Adam too and were nowhere near as garish as Mickey Mouse. If you insists on exxaggerating things to paint Rei in a better light I'm afraid I cannot have a reasonable conversation with you.

Gendo did not operate Adam into his hand at that point. In fact, he had not yet received Adam either. What you suggest is impossible. user, you are clearly biased, and you are fabricating evidence. If we cannot have reasonable conversation, it is because of you.

sage? what does that even have to do with anyhting? FYI I'm not proud of this, but I've been here since 2004.

>Except she denied orders in the first episode of her appearnce.
Misato approved it, and Asuka was doing what she was programming to: pilot. Programming a person works by giving them an urge to serve your interests, unconscious or conscious, and Asuka is a brainwashed puppet programmed to pilot EVA.

Without it, she collapses, and this literally happened.

>Fuck off tumblrite, we're done here. Tired of seeing the same flimsy arguments propped up by newfags who don't know they've been destroyed before.
>I'm not wasting my time with cancer.

You've lost your composure. "Literally" is a normal word, and I used it because yes, Asuka does actually collapse not only as a person, but physically as well after having having her doll strings cut. She is laying down looking to attempt to take her life in a bathroom tub, and is catatonic in a hospital bed.

This happened. I want to have rational, reasonable conversation, but you need to remain objective.

>spacing your posts like that and abuse of the word literally
>muh 2004
No.

And Asuka got in 02 before Misato approved. If you're misrepresenting things, it's clear we can't have a reasonable conversation. I was willing to give you another chance, textwall kun, but you're up to the same shit as always. Literally.

And I'm suggesting Gendo had in mind to grab Adam anyhow, regardless of whether he had it in his hand or not, which you choose to craft a strawman out of.

>No, the doll remark probably hit home.
It definitely hit home, she repeats it when she steals the Impact.

It's not a misrepresentation, because my point is that Asuka is brainwashed to desire to piloting to the point of complete and utter dependence. Evangelion shows that without serving NERV, Asuka cannot function as a person. Like I said, in fact precisely like I said, Asuka has this uncontrollable urge to pilot the EVA and be the best at it, and this is how she is NERV's doll.

Gendo and NERV controls Asuka absolutely because Asuka literally cannot function without NERV and their EVA's, their approval. Again, Evangelion proves this by showing Asuka's complete nervous breakdown when removed from her controller.

>And I'm suggesting Gendo had in mind to grab Adam anyhow, regardless of whether he had it in his hand or not, which you choose to craft a strawman out of.
You suggested no such thing back then. You are suggesting it now, and it is entirely and completely unfounded nonsense. Not to mention, it is irrelevant and you are making the strawman, not me.
Let me remind you and refocus you on the actual subject, which was Rei's relationships, in this case Gendo's compared to Asuka's. The glove remark is a red herring and a strawman on your part.

The central idea was never about the glove, but the fact that Gendo burned himself, hurt himself and thus appears convincing in his devotion to Rei, whereas Asuka who admits that she is not interested in friendship or Rei as much as she thinks any friendship will be convenient.

Now, you've completely failed to address any of the facts mentioned earlier in the interim, and let's be entirely clear on this:

You are not the one giving chances, I am. Yes, I am taking the time to converse with someone such as you that lies, cheats, misrepresents, creates strawmen and red herrings, when it'd be enough to tell you to get out.

So if you want to be reasonable and rational, you should concede these actualities.

>textwall-kun thinks anyone actually fully reads its posts
You're the one who brought up the mickey-mouse gloves, asshat.

>muh complete dependence
Except that's demonstrably disproven in Asuka's introduction episode, as explained earlier.

Would Rei care if I raped Assuka?

Aren't you ashamed of how fast you collapse into shitposting and off-topic tempter tantrums, "fireposter"?

I could almost sense some willingness to discuss Evangelion honestly from you, almost - but when reality struck, you retreated into your shitposting shell. Here's to hoping you come out of it some day.

Kill yourself.

>restoring to boogeymen
Embarrassing.

Would Rei care if I killed Assuka?

>restoring
>so mad he can't even pick the right words
Embarrassing.

Here's your (you), you dumb faggot. Now fuck off.

Woopsie.

Would Rei care if I told Assuka to fuck off?

This is the Hillary Clinton:
And this is the Trump:
Of Eva waifuwars.

I'm (You)
and I resent the comparison to Hillary.