Why isn't there new modern Dragon Quest anime? The last DQ anime was pic related, which aired in 1991...

Why isn't there new modern Dragon Quest anime? The last DQ anime was pic related, which aired in 1991. I thought Japanese love DQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

vjump.shueisha.co.jp/push/dqx_soutenn/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why watch Dragon Quest if they can play it?

The manga of Dai's Great Adventure did have a good successful run though.

cuz toriyama is too lazy to make more than 2 design a year

>I thought Japanese love DQ?
They do. They don't love anime though.

Pretty much every single fantasy anime or manga is some sort of DQ bastardization.

Where do you think the hero, demon continent and demon king bullshit comes from?

Are DQ games ad long as FF games? And which one is the best starting point?

Dai great adventure manga is great
but The Emblem of Rotto manga & its sequel are masterpieces, it could be the best manga I've ever read

I miss adventuring fantasy things in general, with a group of friends traveling meeting new places and people while they quest.

Most of nowdays anime feels kind of static with everything taking place in the same place.

Yes, they are as long as traditional FF or more. DQIX since its one of the most accessible (easy) and since its for DS you shouldn't have problems finding it.

Was the first DQ anime even good?

It was very generic.

Not for the time it was released though.

do you like toei original endings?

The game is by SquareEnix, the manga is published by Shueisha.

When this manga first started Enix didn't have a manga imprint.

you would have to suffer Modern Toriyama designs if they do

would it be worth it?

there are 2 ongoing dragon quest manga that are published by shueisha at this very moment

some scanlation group, please pick this up

vjump.shueisha.co.jp/push/dqx_soutenn/index.html

Not him but I keep hearing IV is a good place to start.

Something I loved about it is how the pervert loser sidekick became the 2nd strongest character by the end of the manga, and he got not one but 2 hot wives that he earned over the course of the series.

>two hot wives that he earned over the course of the series.

Pink hair gunner and the fortuneteller? I never read the entire thing and honestly the only thing I actually remember is the anime the manga just could read some random volumes since the editing in my country was shit.

Did the hot blonde Princess got a husband too?

Looks nice

dragon quest games are mad long bruh. i'd recommend beginning from the start if you can seeing as the games just get harder from there

But is this an actual manga beening published monthly with a plot? from the page it looks more like a promotional thing for the game

yeah, it's a manga with a plot, it have 7 volumes out already

Because it's shit.

>Did the hot blonde Princess got a husband too

She just settled to forever waiting for the D(ai).

Because they have The Hero Yoshihiko.

Emblem of Roto is more modern than Dai

I've never played DQ, what am I missing out on?

that manga is fucking great

I always found them pretty annoying, not saving before bosses was always a pain in the ass. It was a patience test.

Some titles like Vi or viii were nice, but the rest its pretty mediocre

Is it completely scanned in English?
I've been meaning to read it for a while.

Yes.

>Why watch Dragon Quest if they can play it?
This. Ever since Dragon Quest VIII in 2004, pretty much every game has had good enough graphics to stand on its own. And Yuji Horii is working on so many games at the same time, I think his effort is better spent on just the games.

The series that needs anime adaptations is Suikoden. Since Konami is dead and the creator/writer of Suikoden is basically just writing books now. Let him work on a revival anime series for Suikoden.

From DQVII and on, Dragon Quest games have been much longer than FF games. In fact, they set world records for the longest games of their type.

The most consistently good video game series.

>pervert loser sidekick became the 2nd strongest character

how original, and the girls love him for nothing? he might be the template for modern MC

a lot of grinding, the battles are more interesting than FF, it at least keep you awake

>Yuji Horii is working on so many games at the same time

i though he only worked on DQ

Yes. And there's anywhere from 5-10 DQ games coming out each year. He even writes the stories and oversees the production of the spinoffs.

Emblem of Roto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dai's Big Adventure

both are great tho

>The series that needs anime adaptations is Suikoden
I still belive it will resurrect someday, I just hope its not on the form of a mobile phone game.

DQ its pretty much dead since $quare took over Enix.

They singlehanded someway managed to fuck the two best selling RPG granchises. All to "adapt to the times" because "players nowdays don't like that" they said. And he we are with shitty online games that sell like shit.

It was a movie, though. Even then, it's still not that modern (1996).

I can't find it anymore and my dumb 14 years old self thought it was a good idea to throw out MANGA when moving houses, but I had a hilarious volume of a Dragon Quest V parody done by Toriyama only that the main character was replaced by Dr. Slump and it was your usual otaku bashing parody, but done well.
Other DQ characters sometimes make appearances in Arale, but they're more cameos than anything.

Since Konami owns the entire rights to the series, I doubt it will. I mean, I really hope you're right and I want it to come back. But Konami has killed everything. Even Castlevania and Metal Gear. Let alone ZOE, Suikoden and Goemon.

Suikoden should have gotten an anime series 2 decades ago when it was popular.

>DQ its pretty much dead since $quare took over Enix.

Just the opposite. Its the only SquareEnix property that has gained more fans after the merger. In Japan alone, DQIX is the best selling game in the series and Dragon Quest X has more subs than Final Fantasy XIV.

The problem is, they kept blocking the games from coming to the west. But the few games we do get sell quite well. DQVII came out 2 weeks ago and sold out in like 4 days. People still can't find a copy and its on a 1-2 month back order for Amazon.

Dragon Quest (and Edios) is basically keeping Square alive.

>mfw Final Fantasy XV flops
>they rush out a dozen sequels and block all Enix games