Upbeat OP showing the heroes looking happy and cool

>upbeat OP showing the heroes looking happy and cool
>music gets all sinister as they tease the villain(s)

Sends tingles up my spine

What do you like inside an OP?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ezEO8ekCfIw
youtube.com/watch?v=2LcHja63l-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=V0Z1OJbqvQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IV5DD-4Q8V8
youtube.com/watch?v=IL-Z_OfNv8E
youtube.com/watch?v=1SqUa9_lCsc
youtube.com/watch?v=aNgT6MxOURQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>OP hits a high note
>the name of the singer/band suddenly appears

When they incorporate the credits interestingly into the images or allow the on screen action to affect them in some way

>episode nearing the end
>subtle intro to the ED starts playing in the background
>picks up right as the screen transitions to the credits
Gets me every time. I don't have many good things to say about Psycho-pass, but the one episode where they pulled that shit was 10/10

Parts where the characters "sing" the OP

I love when the OP shows a dead character that still has an influence on the cast.

Didn't PP 1st OP or ED do this?

All of this

PP? I think a lot shows nowadays put the OP/ED band credits right when it gets to the good part

>slice of life show with an OP like a battle shounen

One of the only saving graces of PP2 was they always did this in a majority of the episodes.

>Characters being represented in abstract ways, especially silhouettes, and still being recognisable through their quirks

The chorus of this falls a little flat, but I fucking love the buildup in this one youtube.com/watch?v=ezEO8ekCfIw

I think the sound effects make that part even better, oddly.

>Characters pop up/appear onscreen
>instead of just posing individually, they notice and react to each other

Can't think of any examples though

Also somewhat like what I said earlier, I'm a sucker for running in OPs but only if you can feel the personality from it and it's not just a generic run. I love how in this they managed to animate six different, but totally in-character runs: youtube.com/watch?v=2LcHja63l-Y

This, every time. The first anime I watched that did this was FMA '03 so it always feels a little nostalgic to me. Hearing the start of this when it was time to go off on another adventure ...

Fuck I typed so much, but I really love a good OP.

>What do you like inside an OP?

/o/

youtube.com/watch?v=V0Z1OJbqvQQ

The same thing any decent Cred Forumsnon wants in their anime in general: lots of cute girls doing cute things.

Where you do think this is, Cred Forums? Such a silly, obvious question.

OPs that shows young versions of main characters

Yui is such a cutie..

>OP plays during the episode

I like themes that make me want to die

>character whistles/hums OP

>OP spoils something

A well-choreographed dance.

>does is subtly enough that you only notice it while rewatching

>new OP starts before a new arc, showing off a bunch of characters and scenarios you don't recognize

>characters appear in the OP/ED only after their introductory episode

this right here is mai shit

These bother me, I only like it if it's done like said or the spoiler-y OP airs only once we know all the scenarios that appear in it. Ex. while I like Brotherhood's 1st OP I don't like how it shows a bunch of the homunculi right away. I thought Mob Psycho 100 was a good example because the nature of the OP makes it feel like nonsense anyway so you don't recognise things until later.
youtube.com/watch?v=IV5DD-4Q8V8
Also there's that part near the end where the sketchy just animation could make you think it's Mob using his powers again, but it's actually Ritsu.

>that JC Staff OP/ED where the characters face the camera, clapping to the music with their eyes closed and wide smiles

>mfw when this

FMA Brotherhood's first OP does this by showing Ed, Al, and Hohenheim when they were younger.

>OP/ED is slightly altered for each episode

Literally every one of them

>OP plays during final battle

Call it tired, call it cliche, but humans love certain story patterns for a reason

The oldest legends were accompanied by music to help the singer remember the story

>montage of manga panels

>well-sync'd fight choreograph
youtube.com/watch?v=IL-Z_OfNv8E

>exquisite color palette

>they show you the girl's panties

That's the joke

Misleading OPs are the best.

Keion jumps.

Could this be the cutest shot of Yui in the show?

D-I-S-C-O
youtube.com/watch?v=1SqUa9_lCsc

Kyoukai no Kanata and Nagi no Asukara did this very well and I loved it.

You get me.

I like the OP to be a complete rendition of Igor Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. The entire composition. All of it. Cute girls running back and forth trying desperately to find new ways to pop into the screen for 35 minutes. There's only like a minute and ten seconds left for the actual show after that OP is finally finished. It's fucking awesome.

This was the absolute worst for Seraph. The ending spoiled it too. The biggest plot twist at the beginning of the manga was that after it was shown and thought that Mika (the blond boy) was killed when he was a young boy, he was actually still alive and grew up to be a vampire. The anime adapts the reveal at the end of episode 3, but the opening and ending which started on episode 2 showed him as a vampire. No idea why they decided to spoil it so blatantly.
youtube.com/watch?v=aNgT6MxOURQ

>1st season design
Not really