Why does Cred Forums love isekai so much? Every season there's an isekai anime...

Why does Cred Forums love isekai so much? Every season there's an isekai anime, and it always ends up being one of the most discussed anime on the board.

Seriously, what's up with that? What's so great about isekai that Cred Forums can't stop talking about them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bQI7W7lAoc
alphapolis.co.jp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It doesn't cover OP's life.

It creates a very relatable main character in an exotic world which doesn't have them. That way, among other things, the worlds "rules" can be explained to the MC without it seeming unnatural; if the MC has always been there, then it's strange for him to be unaware of stuff that even random bypassers would know.

Another way of doing it is by giving them amnesia, but that's usually used in rpgs.

>Discuss = love
It's the opposite, OP. Cred Forums rarely talks about good anime just as Cred Forums rarely talks about good movies. There are exceptions like Flying Witch and The Thing but en large we talk about shit that's controversial because of how sub par shit or weird it is.

Yep, only good things are so under the radar only hipsters care about them.

And that's how the world works.

Shitposting potential

Because it's shitposting wildcard.
All i have to do is open my txt file with posts about how shit it is that i prepared before hand and just fill blanks with mc's name.
And I don't even need to watch a single episode of it.

I love it, other world anime is great.

Cred Forums is shit, and most don't even like anime here.

Isekai gets shit on the most because no "muh pathetic mc to self insert to" meme.

ex.

>isekai
>no mc to self insert

This delusion

>and most don't even like anime here.
You're on the wrong board, friendo.

>he likes anime
I bet your browse Cred Forums too.

Something something modern isekai is shit something something A CONNECTICUT YANKEE IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT TWELVE KINGDOMS MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH EL-HAZARD.

GOD I LOVE NOSTALGIA GOGGLES DON'T YOU?

Because they happened to be decent.

Its really weird to me how every thread can have the exact same posts. Its like there's certain anons that just want to post the same exact thing day after day. There must be at least ten anons who take shifts for that Mark Twain book thing.
Either way Benio would be a great isekai MC. Transport her to a loli world. Fuck, just make a story about a loli world. That would be enough for Cred Forums.

Name one decent isekai.

I know it's actually a gookshit LN but Dungeon Defense is based as fuck. The son of a harem protagonist and a yandere gets sent to be a demon lord in his video game world and has to out keikaku doori a bunch of other demons and all while seducing some via murder. It's like my first time reading Death Note all over again.

You don't like isekai on principle so any suggestion I produce will have you snorting and frothing at the mouth

Just don't samefag and say 12k again. Your pattern is way too obvious.

Escapism. We all fucking hate life and want a breather from it. Somethimes we all think what if I went to another world and was actually important/useful, maybe then my life wouldnt suck. Thats the appeal.

I want more cute anime girl isekai

Escaflowne

>isekai
When did this dank meme start? Reddit?

Alice in Wonderland

Your move faggot.

Newfag.

OP I hope you aren't implying pic related wasn't good.

Agreed.

Pretty much this.

2ch

Butthurt faggots like you and .

what about reverse isekai?

Garzey's Wing

youtube.com/watch?v=3bQI7W7lAoc

user you're a genius.

>There are exceptions like Flying Witch
no

This count?

that's the only one I can think of

Fucking rude

Kinda, Also GATE looked into it a little when Rory and co went.

It's certainly more interesting than the usual Isekai shit we get.

Season 2 never

Someday, we'll agree that SAO is best isekai.

aren't we getting a movie?

The fantastical setting.
People have always liked fantastical locations, and isekai is all about a character that is close to us exploring a completely new world that is different from our normal mundane one.

>Isekai this, Isekai that, Isekai blah blah blah

Like kids saying a fancy new word they learned over and over.

cour

I bet cuck is still the most funniest words for all the underage kids browsing Cred Forums.

Isekai from the PoV of the shithead goddess that keeps reincarnating people from Japan into fantasy worlds when?

Thanks a lot to whoever recommended Vending Machine Reincarnation, it's fucking great

Newfag detected.

Shit anime is the one that gets more discussed on Cred Forums. If you pay attention you'll realize good shows only get commented when they're airing and just occasionally get a thread to remember how good they were.

The rest of the time is 90℅ shitposting about shows nobody likes but everyone watches just to have something to bitch about.

Nice one

>Vending Machine Reincarnation
>That goddamn description

OP both you and me know very well that you don't intend to discuss anything anime related but make a shitposting general for narou WNs.

Why don't you like name the series you want us to shit on and make our lives a little more easier.

The MC of DD is unique as the way he talks and thinks is the exact same as Cred Forums in general. cynical and psycho.

Its just so quotable like Joker from Dark knight

>If you want to break my stubbornness then you need to forward global warming by 600 years. Unfortunately, my mothers and siblings did not have the capability to immediately raise the carbon dioxide exhaust quantity around the world by seventy times the current amount at that time.

>With my final bit of hope, I gazed at Lapis, Farnese, and the witches. All of them disregarded my gaze. The witches even waved their arms as if they were the people of Pyeongyang and were passionately seeing off their leader. The witches were beaming brightly.

>— Be eaten well, your highness!

>Originally, I was highly positive. The world was beautiful and the righteousness in my chest flopped around like a just caught mackerel. To be specific, I was like this until a month ago. However, after having witnessed my mothers do a 1:1:1:1 deathmatch in the middle of the funeral, I politely recycled my hopes and dreams into the trash.

>That’s so. This world is tragic. Even if you’re vexed, what can you do. This is the truth. The carbon dioxide exhaust rate won’t go down, China will grasp capital over the entire world, Justin Bieber will receive the Nobel Prize in literature……, and in 122 years you’ll be dead, I’ll be dead, we’ll all be dead.

You get all the Isekai cliches, but mentally picture them with a talking vending machine instead of a regular protagonist, it's golden.

Isn't Digimon an Isekai?

Yes

>trying to push the "Cred Forums doesn't like videogames" meme shit on Cred Forums
No, go back.

You're right, because I like manga and LN more than anime.

Isekai gets kinda boring after a while. Rather than shows where a relatable character goes to a fantasy world, I find stories about a character from a fantastical world (or even just the past) visiting ours and being fascinated by it much more interesting. Despite GATE being trash, I liked those portions of it, stuff like Rory being intrigued by a car.

just what the fantasy people can really do in our world?

What's the main plot?

running from the gov wanting to study them?
some harmless and repetitive slice of life?

I still don't get what isekai truly means. I see anime that are it. I also don't undertstand why the term really started being used on Cred Forums a lot in the last year or so

Works like Re:Zero and Inuyasha and Muv-Luv Alternative demonstrates that isekai can be done well if you don't fall back on tired clichés designed as shortcuts to world building, like using a completely stereotypical Dragon Quest type world, or having literal stat screens and videogame mechanics.

>I find stories about a character from a fantastical world (or even just the past) visiting ours and being fascinated by it much more interesting

it would inevitably lead to

>Isekai gets kinda boring after a while.

Fantasy to reality or reality to fantasy is just a matter of preference.

I like the "transported to a fantasy world" isekai more, as the world is only limited by the authors ability to world build. This depends on the author being good at it though.

So no proof? Good to know

>Every season there's an isekai anime
Not really, no.

>Inuyasha
>done well

KAGOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because Cred Forums is more about seasonal anime, with an occasional sprinkling of the older stuff.

Yeah, no clue why it suddenly got popular.

Pic unrelated.

>I still don't get what isekai truly means
Other world.
That's it.
Transplant people or persons from World A into World B and enjoy misunderstandings and hax and blah blah blah. It's gained traction because as a significant plot device it has been a veritable deluge of them in the spotlight.

If you don't like it then prepare your ass for the next season.
The one isekai to rule them all is coming.

Is that all you can imagine in that setting? What a lack of imagination.

What's that?

>I find stories about a character from a fantastical world (or even just the past) visiting ours and being fascinated by it much more interesting.
Hataraku no Maou-sama might be up your alley.
It's not very good, though.

Isekai is garbage

I skipped this show.

The bitch looks way to much like the Asuna which sent my cringe reflex into overdrive.

It just appears that the board likes it. Cred Forums isn't one person, there's just always a few generals on the front page because the mods are faggots and allows them to happen.

I don't get the sense they do at all. The like bringing up popular stuff like Re:Zero to be ironic fake and stupid about but they don't seem to like that one either in realiry

Cred Forums doesn't talk about good anime. All the conversation about isekai is because it sucks.

So that's how the shitposters do it. Fucking knew it had to be a madlib master meme template file of some sort

Drifters.
It's about various historical figures like Nobunaga, Hannibal and Sundance Kid thrown in a fantasy world to fight a war against monsters led by other historical figures.

If Cred Forums liked isekai we wouldn't have 300+
Threads about fixing isekai

Most honest thread on Cred Forums in fucking years holy shit

Autism

That's also why the farmboy or sheltered noble convention is so popular in fantasy stories. But really you can have any character who needs shit explained by having them travel to the other side of the world or another country. They don't even have to be human sometimes, like hobbits in Tolkien's stuff.

OH right, drifters.

Hobbits are anarchists

You want us to talk about moeshit where nothing happens instead?

>moeshit

Keep frothing user, keep frothing

Nardia
Wizard of oz

too bad Cred Forums wasnt around when my favorite isekai was airing on tv

What's the fall Isekai this year

Triggered?

I probably am paranoid/see too much into things, but I've noticed that isekai threads,especially the one about the less ironic ones, tend to have a lot of Cred Forums posters. Did anyone else notice it?

There is none, the meme is over.

Drifters.

I'm not a filthy crossboarder like you faggot.

Because deep down we all want to be transported into a videogame world as a perfect God with his own harem of hot girls.

You are a queer though
So /lgbt/ is the right place for you

N-New Game

Aren't you supposed to be in class?

Arent you suppose to be at the gay club?

I hope so, there's so much to cover but they might be able to wrap everything up plot wise so I can at least watch a goddamn chess match

Manga was better.

Please lurk 2 years before posting newfag.

getta load of this faggot

I...I don't understand.

You're missing out on comedy gold.

Konosuba has literally been the only good isekai anime to air in years.

A shitter reincarnates into another world as a vending machine, what part of that is hard to understand?

That said, i've yet to read it.

But only with isekai MC can you use the culture shock plot when a character goes to a complete different world with a complete different set of ideas, values and moral standards. Too bad no series tells much about this aspect.

It's popular now in Japan, which is why it's popular here. If done right, it can be a good fish-out-of-water story where the main character has to come to grips with his new reality and how his own worldview conflicts with the new world he finds himself thrust into, see Now and Then, Here and There.

If done wrong (which it most often is), it becomes wish-fulfillment wankery of the worst kind. But that kind of story is popular in Japan right now, so here we are.

One of Mark Twain's worst works, A New York Yankee in the Court of King Arthur, was the latter kind of isekai story. And before you get triggered, I'm not knocking Twain. I'm just pointing out that it was a very weak story.

>not watching isekai

why the fuck are you worried about it, shit for brains?

Fuck, I just realized that I butchered the title in that post.

And I got a duplicate file error when I tried to upload a picture of the cover, only to find that beat me to the punch. In this moment, I'm really proud of Cred Forums.

>If done right, it can be a good fish-out-of-water story where the main character has to come to grips with his new reality and how his own worldview conflicts with the new world he finds himself thrust into, see Now and Then, Here and There

This. What I can never understand is how can a modern citizen protagonist could be completely fine with tons of shits in those Not!Middle-Age fantasy lands like caste system, monarchy, slavery... while trying to fight for world peace. It never makes sense.

A justification would be the monarchs and shit pushing the heroes onto whatever calamity is happening (demon olrs or periodic monster waves) and expertly manpulating everything so the heroes don't notice anything under the hood.

That sounds reasonable and could actually become an interesting plot.

But how about after defeating those calamities? The heroes should point their sword toward monarchs then.

Isekai MCs are almost never okay with caste systems though.

Themes of discrimination and oppression against the lower classes (whether it be nobles oppressing the peasantry or the peasantry oppressing the "inferior" races) are incredibly common, often included as the sob story of the poor trampled heroine or to make a shithead villain more unlikable.

The stupid thing is that many isekai MCs who are not okay with caste systems are still very much okay with monarchy.

The hero could have a Suzaku-esque mentality of preferring to fix the system peacefully from within than violently rebelling against it.

Or they could just not give a shit.

We need a Lelouch-esque isekai MC now.

Or establish their own country.

>The stupid thing is that many isekai MCs who are not okay with caste systems are still very much okay with monarchy.

Yes, that the most stupid thing. Apparently, isekai MCs fail to understand caste systems exist because of monarchy. If you aren't ok with it, start a full-scale revolution to overthrow the whole system, otherwise nothing will change. Even if if they kill a shit load of evil noble, as long as there is still a king dictates over the people, another bunch of evil nobles will appear.

But then they will become kings/queens themselves, never see any isekai MC trying to create a democracy.

so edgy, it is a actually fun

>tfw you will never be isekai'd
>tfw you will never pet a demi-human's fur or an elf's ears
>tfw you will never go on adventures in a comfy party
>tfw you may not be a hero but you'll at least be proud that you've helped some peasants out by subjugating a monster
>tfw you were born in a world where only great skill or talent will allow you to rise to the top, otherwise you need to be wellbred or have various connections
>tfw even when you do reach the top, what's the point? the world is slowly dying anyway and you will only enjoy some nicer tech and pleasures

japanese truck can help you

At least with Konosuba, possibly other isekais as well, it can be explained as such:
Good girls trapped in shit anime

I don't think most of the countries out there would be monarchy only. There might be a republic out there, an empire or a mercenary state run by guilds and shit. I am aware that heroes happen to be mostly summoned from kingdoms though.

>shit anime

I hope someday a proper translator picks up Dukes Daughter. Turtle translators need to die out.

I want to fuck You in front of the other two.

Fast translators can pick it up if they want to. The problem is, most fast translators aren't really dedicated and drop it within a month, then it never ever gets picked back up.

>an empire or a mercenary state run by guilds and shit
Anyway, they are likely all totalitarian nations where the masses is oppressed and has no democratic right. Even the republic could be a state where discrimination is a common practice with majority of people are second class citizens. Somehow I get the feeling isekai authors just have something against democracy.

What can a modern person do in fantasy land?

Jerk off to how morally superior he is?
Inexplicably become the best at magic(and everything else) despite having no experience with it, knowledge of it, or any reason whatsoever to have even a lick of talent in it?
Impress everyone with some preschool level scribbles?
Amaze people by adding 1 and 1 together?
Have everyone gasp at how he can say "please" despite just being a filthy commoner?
Introduce fertilizer, crop rotation, water wheels/windmills, public education, laws more complicated than "I don't like you, and now you're stabbed", or do you have anything that hasn't been done 500 times in every single one of these press-printed piles of refuse?
Throw a shitfit over how there's still such a thing as social status in fantasy land?
Get an underaged waifu who's perfect in every single way other than some detail that makes every single person in that world think they're HitlerSatan Mcbabyrape through the incredible feat of not immediately abusing her on sight?
Becoming Jesus to the furry race, who are just as good as humans at everything and unjustly persecuted for no reason whatsoever(or ancient history, that's also inaccurate anyway because you really do have to sympathize with them), by virtue of letting them eat at the table while he keeps them in slavery and forces them engage in combat with insurmountable odds on a near-daily basis?

No thank you, I've seen quite enough of that.

The mercenary state would be all might makes right. And money.

why is every female main character in isekai a dukes daughter? they are never the daughter of a baron or anything else

because then they would be the MC of an otome game.

if you aren't daughter of duke, you might as well be daughter of plebeian

There wasn't any last fall either.

This. It's looking out to be a good, too, but it probably isn't gonna get a lot of threads thankfully

>What can a modern person do in fantasy land?

How about:
>preaching modern doctrines about human rights to peasants
>making them aware of their unfair treatments
>rallying them to fight their kings and lords, >putting all nobles and royalties to guillotine
>then creating a system in which they get to vote the guy in charge

Did any series do that?

I don't like isekai but this show is just hilarious. You should try it.

>What can a modern person do in fantasy land?

adapt to it and change for the better

There are easier ways to get yourself killed.

>sent my cringe reflex into overdrive

2012's netizens called, they want you back

I like them but mostly a specific type of isekai.

I like the ones where the people are just playing a MMO. The reason is simple. I love MMOs but real MMOs are shit. Like really shit. Most of these series wouldn't be entirely feasible as a real MMO, they've got a lot of really interesting ideas going on and they're close to the type of MMO I want to play.

I just want that one true MMO we've all dreamed of and until we get it, these stories are something to keep the hope alive.

Re:Zero for one bought a shitton of crossboarders and redditers to nest this shithole even more.
Also it was the worst isekai anime in a good god damn while. Coincidence? Nah.

Undeserved

Pay up, Katsuragi.

The first episode of Escaflowne.

>The stupid thing is that many isekai MCs who are not okay with caste systems are still very much okay with monarchy.

Are you implying that a caste structure is an inherent part of a monarchical system? Because that just isn't true.

It's already gotten some good porn, tho.

Because...we can't handle the truth.

Fox is treading new ground!

>Too bad no series tells much about this aspect.
Because most isekai stories have worlds with values strangely modern, considering the tech level.

I mean, a ton of them are basically "Japanese MC goes to Fantasy Japan", with basically the same world every time. There are a couple exceptions that turn things around and such, but honestly, I can't imagine a person who's never experienced (very significant) culture shock being able to properly write about it.

Wasn't that more or less how the French Revolution went? I'll admit my history knowledge is a bit lacking in some parts.

The shit?

This requires the general populace to have enough animosity towards the monarch, to actually risk their lives.

Just telling a population, "hey, you're being oppressed!" doesn't really work.

True enough, I left out the whole crippling poverty thing for some reason. I also don't get some people's view that nobility based governments are always bad. A good monarch can do far more for a nation than a good president, it's just that a bad one can fuck things up far more dramatically. I say this as a born and bred burger too.

That He-Man movie with Dolph Lungren

Why the fuck does that need to be partially animated? What advantage does it have over just making the guy live action

Because 3D is PD

If my waifu became real, I wouldn't want a live action version of her. Same applies here.

Because Cred Forums is comprised of casuals, crossboarders, and LN readers that have yet to develop taste. Not saying Isekai is generally bad, but most of them are.

The best English-translated VN out there is isekai.

Why is Sariel such a dumb bitch.

Lazy dungeon master is pretty good. Dungeon defense is still the best i've read so far, dungeon meshi is also pretty funny for fantasy. why is it that dungeon fantasies are the best

Mushoku Tensei,
Read it and become a minion, like me

>go to Tokyo2020
>die to a japanese truck or catch japanese flu

Are you ready?

She can't help herself. It doesn't help that Kuro and her followers probably encouraged her to be a dumb bitch.

dont forget your tracksuit

No?

I mean Konosuba was a good show. Re: Zero is good. Log Horizon was good. And that's it. Pretty much no one here likes Sword Art Online, much less the gamut of completely forgettable Isekai shows.

easy to self-insert

I personally like the stories about MCs in those kind of settings where they just don't give a fuck about that kind of stuff. Like I prefer the MCs that have and stick to their own objectives and don't bother getting involved in things like that. This of course doesn't work in stories where the MC is summoned by the royalty or something but the accidentally appeared in the world / or reincarnated in the world settings it would.

Yeah there is a dungeon story about and MC being chosen to create a dungeon and he ends up creating a democratic country inside the dungeon. He gets energy from the people living in the dungeon and in return he provided the people with perfect living conditions for crop growing, etc.

A Hero's War. There's two summoned guys. One is currently leading a slave rebellion taking over a certain country and the other is leading a industrial revolution and introducing modern ideas of government in another small kingdom area.

Konosuba and Re:Zero were actually good.

Fuck that. Carroll was just a snarky autistic math geek. Alice's sole function was to serve as a naive boke; a foil against talking animals dancing around making trite logical wordplay.

>Why does Cred Forums love isekai so much?

Are you fucking retarded or do you just not browse Cred Forums? iskeai gets more shit here than almost any genre the only one that comes close is probably battle harems.

I like anime

Shield Hero anime when? I want my Tanuki waifu.

The Chronicles of Narnia

I wanna see Raphtalia in loli form!

>not Gulliver's Travels

>gets shit on the most because no "muh pathetic mc to self insert to"

What

Dog Days

Yeah I sure love the idea of a demon lord falling in love with working in a burger joint.

It gets a little too retarded though sometimes.

>"when I was 5 I commited my first murder"

>that fedora tipping "intellectual" wank when he first met his general

>Re:Zero
>done well

Please.

Konosuba was good. Re:Zero was acceptable. There's a difference.

Konotsuba>Overlord>>>>>>>>SAO>Rezero>Generic horizon

>SAO>Rezero
Ah, you poor baby. That's where you fucked up.

It's objectively true.

>186,019 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Vol.1
>266,227 Sword Art Online Vol.18

Re Zero volume 1, which has had time to accumulate sales for years, can't even touch a volume of SAO that's only been out for one month.

>Quality of a show = how much it sells
You're retarded

Objectively, that's all that matters. You're a retard for caring about things that don't matter.

>Objectively
But it's not objective at all. There's so many factors beyond the quality of a show that dictate how much it sells, that saying that quality = sales requires you to be the most simple-minded person in the planet.

Just edgy teens without a taste.

>Why does Cred Forums love isekai so much?

For me? Because of this.

RIP Argnar, killed to make a point.

I don't have enough money to fly to Japan.

Will a British truck suffice?

Well, this world has a reincarnation system, which is better than simply having your soul collapse, which was what would happen eventually anyways.
So better he died now than later.

Sword Art Online

>not understanding what objective means
>not using the reasonable person standard
>thinking the general public's opinion is worth anything

Soon™
Perhaps never

Woulda like pierrot to handle it, A character from Divine Gate looks someqhat like naofumi so i think they can nail the style.

>shiro gives the hero a dog's death
>surprised when sariel retaliates

Maybe if Shiro wasn't such an autistic faggot Sariel wouldn't be giving her grief. If Shiro wants everyone dead so badly why doesn't she use her god powers to vaporize everyone on the planet?

Are you talking LNs or anime?

She doesn't NEED everyone dead, just enough to be able to destroy the system. If the hero system was captured then it's resources liberated then there would have no need to summon a fucking tataract queen in the middle of the war.

But for some fucking reason Sariel wants everything to go as the system intends, making everything harder.

> If Shiro wants everyone dead so badly why doesn't she use her god powers to vaporize everyone on the planet?

Because Kuro.
If you go back to earlier chapters when she first ascended, and D told her to help out the Demon King and such, her immediate plan was to kill everyone. But she can't do that, so instead she's opting to just have the really strong people kill each other until it's "safe" to remove the system.

If the system really does contain so much energy that its removal will shore up all of the planet's needs you have to wonder where D got so much energy to create it in the first place when the planet dying was the reason she was called over.

Killing the demon king would restore a metric shit ton of resources to the system. Having a hero available to do just that would go a long way. Kill 9/10ths of all humans and demons or kill the demon king, you'll free up the same amount of resources either way.

But Shiro is already planning on killing Ariel.

The moment the system falls Ariel's soul is consigned to oblivion.

She's just delaying it until the very end so Ariel can see things through herself.

Also killing her early would still be moot since her soul has eroded considerably due to the XP That is bits and pieces of other souls she has gained along the way

I wonder if Sariel is actually a retarded moralfag or if she knows something that Shiro doesn't and is trying to stop her from fucking up enormously.

1: Cred Forums is not a singular entity and has lots of different opinions
2: People have different opinions than your own, get the fuck over it and quit crying
3: What the fuck are you smoking while you browse Cred Forums because I've only seen 2 isekai shows in recent years gain any notable degree of popularity
4: Why the fuck shouldn't anyone like a show just because it's isekai? Because a meme told you it's cool to dislike them? Sorry not everyone is as obsessed with their anonymous online reputation as you and judges things on an individual basis to be good or not while you just glance at the genre, check if there's a meme associated with it, and instantly go on Cred Forums to complain about it without watching.

Sorry there was just a lot of stupidity concentrated in your post despite it's small size.

>3: What the fuck are you smoking while you browse Cred Forums because I've only seen 2 isekai shows in recent years gain any notable degree of popularity
Which two do you think? We've got Overlord, Re:Zero, Konosuba, and that's just three right there. Add in things like Maou-Sama and No Game, No Life, maybe even Sword Art despite that mostly being shit, etc.

>SAO

Wait unil you see Alicization.

I've put up with enough SAO, I don't give a fuck about Alicization.

"Any regular discussion at all" does not constitute "most discussed anime on the board"

Re:Zero and Konosuba were the only ones I saw get any significant attention. Any others got roughly the same levels of popularity that any other genre of show would get.

Maybe it's just your autistic obsessive hatred of them that's distorting your view. You see 1 single thread about any of those shows and it becomes the only thing you focus on, and then mistakenly start to believe the entire board is that thread. Kind of like how you pick out just 1 of the points I made and pretend all the others aren't there.

Woah now, buddy, you probably need to calm the fuck down.

I was asking because I was curious which two out of the many, many series that have had plenty of attention and threads you seem to think are the only ones Cred Forums ever cared about. I happen to be quite fine with Isekai stuff, but apparently you've got some kind of super butthurt raw nerve.

I didn't comment on any of your other points because they're all valid, but apparently you seem to thing that's some kind of insult?

you know i think op just posted that just so there could be an isekai thread

I responded to OP and if you respond to me I'll assume you're the OP. If you're a different person give some indication.

Isekai killed the magical school battle harem genre, so it's cool in my book.

To think that during winter season of last year we had four of them when next season we have none at all.

Truly, what exciting times we live in.

Its an anonymous image board dude, if you care so much you can simply check that a new poster has posted.

>guys let's have a civil discussion about this isekai series
>this thread has been pruned or deleted
>OBVIOUS SHITPOSTING BAIT also isekai thread
>506 replies and 147 images omitted
Sasuga janitor-kun.

>Every season there's an isekai anime, and it always ends up being one of the most discussed anime on the board.

Isekai are filled with ridiculous plots ready for make internet memeys and twitter gifs, because the average user is too obsessed with social media and only care about animes with memey potential

Can confirm, am user.

Yeah, can't argue with that. Wish someone made an edit of that pic where an user tried to make a discussion and then it all goes to shit. But for isekai threads.

This get three season but still with zero fanarts in pixiv.
Some in Planet Earth watched this?

>Just make sure you're always in every thread on the board the instant it starts and check the post count literally every time the thread updates and keep track of the numbers even as the posts/poster numbers rise into the hundreds it's that easy. It's a foolproof method because we all know nobody ever posts in threads more than once, just ignore the fact that there's already a 2:1 ratio of posts to posters in this thread already.

Well clearly there's nothing you're not going to try to act smug and condescending about here even if it doesn't make sense so I guess there's no point talking to you any further.

Create your isekai plot, Cred Forums. Now. Hurry up you faggots.

Its getting doujins at least

the average people only watch animes in marathon with BD releases.
See catalog and look all those people spend more time shitposting in Cred Forums that watching Tv releases of animes

A vending machine gets hit by a Japanese truck and is reincarnated as an ordinary medieval salaryman.

You're the one sperging out guy, I asked a simple question and instead of answering it went on a spergy rant. When confronted with your dumbshittery, you went on another one.

You can always back out with dignity, or even not reply at all, its an anonymous image board, there is literally no need to get so buttflustered.

Still waiting for adventures of the monkey.

>magical school battle harem
There are a few isekai light novels that have both.

Luckily, we're not likely to have any of those adapted, considering only three or so isekai stories get adapted per year.

Knight's & Magic is the closest thing to that, but without the "harem", and with mechs.

>Why does Cred Forums love isekai so much? Every season there's an isekai anime, and it always ends up being one of the most discussed anime on the board.

Because 99% of japan literature are isekai, most get animes and Baka-Tsuki only translate isekai novels because are popular. A lot of user read the novel and when get animes is most discussed anime on the board because everybody (japan and internet) know the novel.

I'm a different person jeez do you even watch the post count idiot.

>Baka-Tsuki only translate isekai novels because are popular.
I think you need to check around more mate.

There is literally an LN sales thread up on Cred Forums right now that disproves what you just said.
Less than half of the best selling LNs this week are isekai. Fucking Shinkai Meme Magic's novel adaption is the top selling LN.

A NEET loser gets hit by a truck and reincarnates into a world that's suspiciously like dragon quest and there is magic and levels and menues he can use to gain new abilities. He lucks out in that he's actually super strong and powerfully magical and using his modern day skills he acquired by being a NEET he easily solves the worlds problems and all the cute girls want to ride his dick for being so handsome and amazing.

I call it "I was a NEET who got hit by a truck and reincarnated into a videogame style fantasy world where I was super strong and girls loved me".

I'd buy 10 BD copies.

>no usage of the term "chiirem" (short for cheat harem) anywhere in this summary
It's shit.

THE MAGIC SCHOOL BATTLEHAREM GENRE DIED

BUT I'M STILL MAD

Link to said thread?

I ended up writing a couple stories for it, but keep jumping to different ideas, that I sort of just half-assed everything.
It's officially canon that all worlds are just in a simulated reality, and there's some random Admin that occasionally likes to dick around.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

Next season, Magic School Battleharem Isekai

When will the TL for manga start? Or at least TL to keep going on.

>shieldbro at place 30
First time i see him on the weekly rankings. Hang in there!

A few people get transported to a videogame world.
Turns out such video game is full of glitches.

Barack Obama dies, and he gets reincarnated in the distant, distant past, as a multi-celled being in a single-cell world. He retains his wits and thought processes for him, somehow, and he decides to change the world.

>animes

>a very relatable main character

t. useless NEET

Twelve Kingdoms is legitimately great and anyone who hasn't watched/read it should.

Not always!

Occasionally he's a mediocre office worker instead who's never kissed a girl!

Or maybe even an ordinary high school student!

>people defending isekai

Twelve Kingdoms.

Not that user.

Mushitko Tensei is terrible.

>I personally like the stories about MCs in those kind of settings where they just don't give a fuck about that kind of stuff

So edgy.

Isekai, or rather LNs in general, have a serious lack of /ss/.

An elf hero was slain in battle and reincarnated into modern Tokyo, where he works as gay prostitute.

Is there a well-written yuri isekai?

>but don't you see, big brother? I'm not a cripple in this world! I can walk on my own two legs!
>SHUT THE FUCK UP DONED YOU ESCAPIST LITTLE SHIT

What the fuck is that outfit.
Armor with a side slit and nothing worn underneath?
For what reason?
Wouldn't that chafe like crazy?

>isekai is all about a character that is close to us

Says you.

>“Each piece of equipment provides Percentage-type Magic. You may feel as if you are wearing the equipment, but it is actually a manifestation of your willpower.”
She complains about it too for being too risque, but the looks don't affect its ability. This series is the author's attempt at going full generic for as much as he could. Didn't make it much farther than the basic isekai setting.

>terrorists attack Tokyo Olympic 2020
>everyone wearing a tracksuit was immediately respawned in another world
>they were all super badass athletes
>they went on great adventures together
>the act of terrorism was actually orchestrated by a valkyrie who was bored of isekai losers
make it happen Japan

>Its just so quotable like Joker from Dark knight
>this is what Nolanfags actually believe

Cred Forums was right to shun you faggots.

Fuck off norm.

A farmer loses the last of his family,decides to go on an adventure, and gets mistaken for a legendary hero every step of the way.

Where's the isekai?

>Rather than shows where a relatable character goes to a fantasy world, I find stories about a character from a fantastical world (or even just the past) visiting ours and being fascinated by it much more interesting

It's just a shitty modern wank gimmick.

>Moralfag MC ends up in foreign world with different systems and morals than his own
>Proceeds to tell everyone how he's right and they're all wrong and generally stirs up trouble instead of respecting the fact he's an outsider.

I hate this. Its sickening.

A regular peasant gets hit by a dragon and is reincarnated into modern day Japan as a great diplomat that saves the world.

>while trying to fight for world peace

No isekai protag actually does this.

Why would it be edgy? Why does MC have to care about some other world's problems just because they're stuck there now. Why can't they focus on their own problems? I mean sure care about those stuff if they get dragged into it but don't go looking for trouble just because.

Group of crusaders get transported to a fantasy world, decide it must be part of God's plan; Deus Vult intensifies.

Is Prisma Illya isekai?

Because lack of creativity.

Xander is that you?

This thread brings up a good point: Why couldn't there be a "reverse isekai" where someone with magic comes to a mostly modern world and finds ways to integrate it?

Kinda like how Lelei in GATE is able to use modern science books to improve her magic. I suppose it might be best used in almost a "proto Nanoha" series where they are basically the one inventing the magitech through experimentation.

Still modern wank.

A snake oil salesman was killed in an FBI raid, and was transported into a medieval fantasy world where he continue conning people, while accidentally saving the world.

GATE.

But GATE is on the other side of the wish-fulfillment mary sue protagonist coin.

>he actually drinks the moral relativism kool-aid.
I bet you think that refugees "can't help themselves" when they rape women, as well.
Stay cucked, libcucks.

That's not it. But caste systems are just as worse as monarchy, both are unjust rule of the minor elites over the defenseless masses.

Is there a isekai slice of life?

Just because you're competent enough to be in the army and in a marriage, doesn't mean you don't have other wishes to fulfill.

Reading comprehension isn't your friend I see.

Back then in Austria they had people who were in the Habsburg caste, and everyone else who weren't.

It caused trenches and mustard gases, just saying.

How about a Japanese NEET getting reincarnated in a fantasy world and preaching the virtues of NEETdom instead?

about 3/4ths of the way through, he dies and gets reincarnated as the actual hero everyone thought he'd be.

People were saying Grimgar is SoL, although still about adventuring.

> Why couldn't there be a "reverse isekai" where someone with magic comes to a mostly modern world and finds ways to integrate it?
This is literally every urban fantasy harem series where the magical main heroine transfers into the protagonist's class and struggles with modern sensibilities.

If he reincarnated into the same world it isn't isekai.

>I just want that one true MMO we've all dreamed of

There is no such thing.

Except the MCs who keep buying slaves and propping up absolute monarchies disagree with you.

Already been done.

It's pretty funny too.

Cause that didn't exist in the era before modern technology and government let any lazy shit fake autism for free money. If you didn't work you starved. If you had autism you were put down.

When's the last time we had a series like that?

In most recent urban fantasy battle harems the entire world already runs on magic so there's no culture clash. Like in Asswar and Rakudai.

>There are a couple exceptions that turn things around and such, but honestly, I can't imagine a person who's never experienced (very significant) culture shock being able to properly write about it.

Exactly. Fucking people who just copy shit from popular tropes will never be able to do it properly.

Who says a fantasy world doesn't have the elements necessary to support a population of NEETs?

We're not talking about 12th century Europe here.

I guess there's also ones like UchiMusume or Eh?! Heibon desu yo. That VRMMO Ossan no Katsudouki I guess probably counts as well.

I want a comedy romance reverse isekai of a cute wizard boy coming to the real girl and meeting a girl and having various misadventures with his magic.

would it still be isekai if you get transported from your world, to another world, then back again? honestly i'm too drunk currently to piece it together properly

Because muh modern progressivism.

>muh hero and demon king subversion

I fucking hate this shit. Only Dragon Quest still plays it straight. Why can't we have more?

God, that Ossan VRMMO series is such a shameless ripoff of Only Sense Online.

It requires doing research about another culture or time-period and doing some deep thought exercises about how one would approach it, etc. Unfortunately the majority of these isekai stories made into LNs are signed from amateur novels on Syosetu that are written off the cuff. Usually with little planning, and people without decent literary skills.

Is it? Honestly, there are just SO many of them these days that I haven't bothered keeping track. I read a few of them, but I'm sure there are 100s or 1000s more.

alphapolis.co.jp/
They specialize in pretty much only isekai stories. I'm sure you can find something like that there. Probably under the ren-ai or josei tags.

God I hate this shit.
It's a fantasy world based on medieval Europe with magic and monsters thrown in the mix, but everyone speaks modern Japanese and acts with modern Japanese mannerisms? The shady slave dealer talks and acts like a Yakuza loan shark? The teenage adventurer girl acts like your average Japanese school girl? The knight girl acts like your typical kendo club member? Fuck off with that shit.

Both are shit.

I want the WMT genre to return.

>Why does MC have to care about some other world's problems just because they're stuck there now

Because common decency.

Sounds stupid.

>Cred Forums is shit, and most don't even like anime here.
Fuck off.

>Eh?! Heibon desu yo

That was the most boring shit I have ever read.

>why do i care if some ancient evil destroys the universe?...oh wait, i LIVE THERE TOO

>tfw you will never have an isekai where the Demon Lord tears the world to pieces and plays with humanity

If the populace doesn't have enough hatred, just plant it into them, like how terrorists do. Basically, all you need to do is making some terrorists attack to the nobles and government, then leaving some hints behind to make them think the peasants do it, then retaliation begins and the clueless peasants only have their direct oppressor to hate. An economy based solely on crops will also help. Creating a large enough famine will make them rebel.

Uh, user, please take a look at the real world. The only places where absolute monarchy still exist are some pisspoor African shitholes. There must be a good reason why the rest of the world don't use that system anymore.
Also why do you think we have no king ever since the birth of the nation if monarchy is that effective?

I unironically like Konosuba. I also unironically like Galaxy Express 999, LotGH, Aria, and Mushishi.

The Wilhelm Maji Tenshi genre?

Twelve Kingdoms is awful, I would read mushitko tensei 10 times over than watch 12k one more time. At least that one actually has a story structure except for the rushed final volume.

12k MC is just insufferable and never goes through any development whatsoever, she actually never grows up as a queen in the end.

Or rather can you really call anything in that series character development?
Characters stumble from one issue to another and simply change their emotional alignment completely. Like out of the blue. Its irrational as fuck and cheesy.

Recaps, recaps, pointless episodes and even more recaps because hell, that episode count won't go up by itself.
Did I mention the horrible cast of shallow side characters with nothing going for them and no development yet? Well now I did.

That show had so many issues that honestly you should be ashamed to say it was better than anything else.

Nice shitposting thread you got here.

t. Robespierre

>I unironically like Konosuba
Because it's actually good

>Twelve Kingdoms is awful

Stopped reading there.

No it's not.

>why do I care if some asshole elf destroys the world? I don't live there anymore! Tee hee!
>I'm not letting you back on Earth unless you save the world first
>OH FUCK

Wilhelm a best.

yes it is

It's fun, I wouldn't really call it a good show.

Not really unless you like stupid comedies.

But I do.

Democracy isn't all positives either user, and causing a revolt to destabilize and overthrow the government is how half of those African shitholes ended up with their dictators.

Well, not every Japanese writer cares to study anything that isn't Japanese, especially Western culture and history.

>So edgy
The only thing edgy is your brain user. I really dig the hilarious banter in that series.

Isekai genre is nothing new, and before the word "Isekai" was cool and invented, we had Escaflowne, Fushigi no Yuugi, and Rayearth in the 90s. But t's quite striking to see that the LN market has been reviving this genre to appeal to the modern crowd.

Democracy is a joke. Look where we are now. We are choosing between a man with a vagina and a madman. Or Johnson if he's lucky.

>>OH FUCK
>Not Nai waa

And of course, any modern-era character transported to another world is always totally on-board with slavery.

>Bears are fast; they can run more than 60 kilometers an hour (37 mph) – that’s twice as fast as an Olympic sprinter.
>Their smelling ability is extremely sensitive, with one hundred times more nasal mucosa area than a human.
>A bear’s hearing ability is excellent, and like dogs, bears hear high pitches, exceeding human frequency range and sensitivity.
>Bears are very strong and powerful animals. They have been known to bend open car doors and pry open windshields in their search for food. Bears routinely roll over huge rocks and logs in search of food.
>Eeeeh?! Seriously?! Were bears always such a cheat-like existence?!

>Iyaaa, it's not like I want to show off or anything. As a humble Japanese person, I must perfectly integrate in to society by myself as a human. Yep, moderation is best!

>hilarious banter

Where's the hilarity? I only see the edginess.

>Eh?! I can seriously fool people into thinking I'm human?! Seriously?! Was Disguise always such a ridiculous cheat skill?! Uwa, the rogue class is a seriously god-like class!

That is really annoying to read.

While modern Japanese society has a negative view on slavery (or at least, I hope so) they don't really have the sort of extreme history to make having slavery in their stories seem offensive.
There were quite a few LNs that had the transportee struggle with the idea, and eventually tolerate it, but then there are a lot of web novels that just have the transportee gleefully abuse the system of slavery to their needs, because look at how useful it is!

Nevermind the fact that slavery was usually something the rich had, and something like a walk-in slave shop probably wouldn't be very common.

>Uwaaaa, this is bad
>Seriously bad
>Who would've thought Meido-chan's had already leveled up enough to see through my (formerly) impenetrable ?!
>Just whose fault is it that Meido-chan's status parameters have risen so unreasonably high? Show yourself, you bastard!
>Oh, that's right
>It was me
>Iyaa, no matter how you look at it, this is all my fault for not being careful enough, isn't it? Before I realized it, Meido-chan had become a splendid maid that had surpassed her master. A splendid maid with a cheat-like Appraisal.
>How will I explain this to Meido-chan? "Huh?! I was a bear all along?! No way?! I never noticed! Sorry, it seems like your master is a klutz, tee hee~" Like hell that will work!
>"Bearington-sama?"
>Yes, that's me
>"Bearington-sama, I deeply apologize."
>Eh- She's apologizing?! Shouldn't the roles be reversed here?!
>"This maid has realized that her conduct has been inappropriate up until now. Indeed, it should be impossible for a bear to use utensils, yet I had been setting them out for every meal nevertheless. If only I had realized earlier, Bearington-sama would not have needed to trouble himself for my foolishness."
>That's what you're apologizing for?! And please, don't stop preparing the chopsticks! If I stop eating salmon with them, my remaining pride as a Japanese man will disappear!
>"Growl." (Meido-chan)
>"Yes, Bearington-sama."
>"Growl. Roar. Grr." (You don't mind that I'm a bear?)
>"Nothing has changed. Bearington-sama is Bearington-sama. It was Bearington-sama that took the unwanted and injured me from the slave quarters when no one else would and gave my life meaning. Even now, it seems almost like a dream. Whether Bearington-sama is a human or a bear is irrelevant. What matters is that Bearington-sama is my wonderful master, kinder and stronger than anyone else."
>"G-growl." (I-is that so...)
>"I-in addition, I've read that bears have the most wild mating rituals..."
>...you lost me.

Because they did it wrong. Those African "revolutions" are either funded by foreign powers to control the countries or started by power hungry generals to put themselves to power. A properly established democracy won't suffer those problems, just look at Mandela and Southern Africa. Isekai MCs could learn from that.

Which make you wonder where did they really come from? Japanese or some ISIS controlled area.

The French revolution had its roots in long running poor harvests, increasing food prices, massive crown debt and all the classes wanting to reform society but the king didn't let them. And even then it was just confined to Paris, huge amounts of peasantry fought for the monarchists and were put down to secure the revolution.

I want to kiss a Tanuki!

I just love fantasy settings in general. Swords and Magic is fun.

That's the thing though, good intentions don't always survive the process, again I bring things back to the French Revolution. Of course, an isekai MC would perfectly ensure that doesn't happen, but that's somewhat besides the point. What I was sort of saying is that a monarchy is not inherently evil; somebody raised from a young age to lead would theoretically be more likely to do a good job of it than somebody who was elected.
In short, as I said before; a good monarch can do a lot more good, but a shitty one can fuck things up far worse. Democracy is just the safer middle ground where the leaders have a harder time doing dramatic good, but also a harder time fucking things up in a short period of time. At least from what I've seen. I will also admit I just see more "romance", if you will, in following a king, but that's not a good basis for government.

>madman
Except said madman shares a lot of similarity with the Founding Fathers, he is their legitimate successor, that's why gun owners all over the country support him.

10/10 would read.

He asked for isekai SoL. I gave him isekai SoL.

Yeah, basically. Reminder that the Brits at that time were fucking disgusted the Frenchies actually did that since they were proud of their own monarchs.

Well, good SoL wouldn't be boring.

Which is hilarious since bongs had already chopped their king's head earlier.

It's not new, but all of those were just generally considered fantasy series. And they were the exception rather than the rule. Anime/manga just didn't have that many fantasy series until the whole isekai craze came along. It's boosted interest in fantasy as a side affect, since most isekai seem to take place in fantasy settings.

I mean, other than those 3, what other popular ones were there before that? Lodoss and Slayers? And after that? Hack//Sign kinda sorta? Spice and Wolf? Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu kinda bombed.

> that a monarchy is not inherently evil
>somebody raised from a young age to lead would theoretically be more likely to do a good job of it than somebody who was elected
The problem is, most political science theories disagree with you. Even in an absolute monarchy, the monarch doesn't rule all by himself. He needs a bureaucracy, a royalty and usually a shit load of nobles to enforce his will to the country. And here is where problems arise. Those people are elites with ton of privileges and little to none responsibility. They wield many power without being properly watched, and power tend to corrupt humans. It's the lack of check and balance that lead monarchy to its eventual downfall. No matter how good the king is, as long as there is no check and balance, corruption and injustice will happen on daily basic.

Not all Brits were like that, the Brits going independent in the colonies certainly weren't.

Good point then, I've just lost a lot of faith in democracy recently for similar problems. I guess no matter what shit's fucked.

As they say, nothing is better than a benevolent dictator. But few things are worse than a tyrant.

Obviously a benevolent dictatorship is the best way to go about doing things.

Even the colonies had a split between brits that supported the crown and hated it. But yeah, as you say not everyone in any government is perfectly happy with any form of government.

>I guess no matter what shit's fucked.
Indeed. Best one can do is try to minimize the damage, and push things to a better direction.

Where can I find the benevolent dictator you guys talk about? Certainly not in our history, I think.

This desu.

Their qualm wasn't with monarchy, it was not being represented in the matters of their own taxation.

I literally live in one such country.

You should feel happy then, since we are going to elect a totalitarian dictator to the office.

I'm not even going to give either of them that much credit.

Which one?

Julius Caesar

The good news is congress doesn't pass legislation anymore, they merely spend the entire time arguing and fillibustering things. Gerrymandering districts so you always win your seat is the best part about democracy!

Singapore.

Well i guess hillary was going to get the chair one day so it was just a matter of time.

Except for the whole caning thing over minor civil infractions?

I bet the founding fathers are turning in their graves. I wish pic related was a final contender.

They already forgot about that.

And besides, they only did it to the king, not anyone remotely rich looking like in France.

>Julius Caesar

The megalomaniac madman who got himself stabbed?

It's a small loss considering what we gained and have now.

Isn't he kissing hillary's ass now? i heard something to such an effect.

I don't go outside often so that's fine for me.

Kemono no Souja Erin

Yeah, and we call them Murricans.

Unless her health problems get her first.

They were kind of assholes too when you think about it with the whole slaves being a thing while talking about freedom for all. I really can't tell how many people actually support either party anymore or if it's just a set of really loud people supporting each side. Everyone I talk seems to hate both here in SE Michigan.
Still, I didn't mean for this to derail the thread so badly, let's get back to talking about isekai stuff.

There have probably been a few good instances.

But most systems of government are just theory and hypothetical. After all, "governance" is an imagined construct that humans create, so any system we make is only as good as we (very fallible) humans choose to enforce it.

He wants people to vote Hillary, cause he knows voting Third Party in America is a lost cause (which is why he became a Democrat, just to run for President). He's still disagreeing with her on quite a few things though, but he just doesn't want the "other guy" in office.

Hillary did the exact same thing eight years ago with Barry.

the DNC brutally murdered his campaign

They have their justification. They really thought of slaves as literal subhumans, while they're only fighting for human rights. I guess isekai people think the same way about their slaves.

Basically yes. Hillary is so shit, millennials are leaving her. It's going to be a painful fight for the presidency. He's helping her just to make sure the orangutang doesn't get it.
I hate them both, but one is objectively better than the other. The Chump is a climate denier and anyone with a science degree will tell you the environment is shitting itself.
I honestly hope she gets a seizure and has to give it up to Bernie.

Well, Elves, Dwarves and Beastkin are literally sub-human, so it's fine.

>I really can't tell how many people actually support either party anymore or if it's just a set of really loud people supporting each side. Everyone I talk seems to hate both here in SE Michigan.

Maybe Trump is right and the system is rigged.

>Kemono no Souja Erin

That was so good. It's the perfect blend of WMT and fantasy.

t. The Pope

>I honestly hope she gets a seizure and has to give it up to Bernie.
You shouldn't hope that, since if it ever happens, either Chump will get a free ticket to the WH or Obummer will remain there and postpone election for eternity.

What if the vehicle through which the dictatorship is implemented is not a hereditary ruling class but a fiercely competitive meritocracy?

I'm not talking about those kind of issues. I'm talking about caring about the living standards of the people and those kind of things. One person no matter how strong is not going to be able to do shit about that.

I'm also not considering whether the MC even has a cheat or not. Should the MC care about the Demon King if he or she is really just some totally normal person that lives already a hard life just because he reincarnated in a fantasy world with his past life memories?

Yeah, common decency. You realize that common decency applies to common standards of society and those common standards of society would be different in another world?

Everyone hates congress but think their local congressman is doing a good job. Hence they re-elect them even though they do nothing nationally.

Rand Paul would have been the best choice. This is fact. Trump is a disaster and so is shillary.

Is your current dictator as benevolent as LKY?

UchiMusume isn't Isekai, it's just a fantasy story.

True, but on a certain level Latina is a person taken out of her 'world' and having to learn how to live in another one.

No, the DNC will have to hold an emergency meeting and select the best possible candidate, and since it was Bernie vs Hillary till the end, the ticket goes to him by default. Also looking at all the scientific polls it showed Bernie would have steam rolled the chimp to oblivion. Besides, Obama wasn't too bad since he started to do more liberal stuff towards the end of this term. Pence would have to take a back seat or might be replaced for Warren since he and Bernie have bad history together.

>I'm talking about caring about the living standards of the people and those kind of things
The reasons protagonists have are pretty silly, but my reason for trying to improve general living standards, is to maintain my own, very modern and spoiled living standard.

I mean, alone I won't be able to do much, sure, but (assuming I'm in a position with money/power like a "Summoned Hero", reincarnated Prince or Noble) I could probably invest into R&D and let scholars make use of my (albeit limited) knowledge of science to make stuff better.

Won't have immediate changes, but it's gotta be better than nothing. On the other hand, if I have other real problems, aside from missing soft furniture and not wanting to die of disease, yeah, I don't think I'll invest much time into it.

His son? Yeah, but today's PAP is more incompetent than before.

See but my initial point was a MC that wasn't in one of those kinds of glorified positions. Should a MC with their own share of problems get involved in that kind of thing just because some people think they should because of modern day standards and blah blah blah.

>Using personal knowledge of modern science in medieval setting
I've thought about this before and decided if it was a sudden thing, I'd probably not be very useful. We a vague amount about a lot of things today, but very few of us have studied them with enough depth to be able to reproduce them or explain to lay people how to reproduce them.

Give me one month to prepare and I could run myself through a crash course of mechanical engineering, materials science, medicine, etc. to be able to do a lot more. Especially if you could say, take a book or two with you.

IE: We know vaguely how a combustion engine works, but would you be able to explain in enough detail for a metallurgist/blacksmith to build one?

One could explain the basic shape of a wing to get lift, but designing the rest of the plane around it? I almost feel like it would be easier making a basic jet engine than combustion since it just requires restricting the fuel in the chamber and ignition.

Could you explain with enough detail in order to make gunpowder? Etc.

>quoting last chapter
Get the fuck out.
It's actually embarrassing that I'm enjoying the same book as fedora level idiots like you.
And at least get a better picture, faggot.

The thing about lots of NEETs is that they tend to be really full of themselves despite having no accomplishments to show for. Classic "I'm smart but lazy" faggots. So they'd just assume they could do anything with no qualifications.

>degree in science
>took multiple in depth courses in geology, mineralogy, chemistry, astrology, biology and maths
>been working with metallurgy and construction since childhood
>had a job as a mechanic shop assistant (not an actual mechanic, but I can diagnose car problems)
>enough first aid to patch up gun wounds thanks to army training
Gunpower is easy mode. I could build a fucking EFP/IED from scratch if I wanted to.

Names for the same things should differ, making it harder to explain how to replicate something. Getting the materials could be complicated too since some stuff might not be obtainable or wont produce the same results.

>You realize that common decency applies to common standards of society and those common standards of society would be different in another world?

Pretty sure being kind to others is a pretty universal value.

A tip of the fedora to you I guess. But you don't exactly represent the average person. And even for those of us that took STEM classes in college, unless they were for a major and used regularly afterwards, its easy to forget the fine details.

>fantasy world gets invaded by robots
>the heroes managed to repel them
>scientists try to replicate them but they could never do so since it's built by inhuman eldritch knowledge incomprehensible by mere humans
>even the modern isekai programmer can't figure them out

I like for this to happen. Human tech is easy to top but demon tech is another matter.

>UchiMusume

Just another shitty daughteru manga.

That's why the writer of Otome Sensou gets my respect for doing that.

Aren't you basically explaining that one isekai that just got picked up for an anime? With the trap not-spaniard piloting the magitech and altering it via modern programming concepts?

This image comes to mind.
I think even without prep-time or a STEM degree most people from our time (that aren't stupid) would probably know more about engineering and science than even the greatest scientists/engineers from these medieval-era fantasy worlds and could probably get by pretty well as an "inventor".

>Should the MC care about the Demon King if he or she is really just some totally normal person that lives already a hard life just because he reincarnated in a fantasy world with his past life memories?

inb4 the Demon King makes his life even harder once his place got invaded

Not enough source material atm.
Movie is coming to adapt vol 6 though

What? That Magic Knight shit? That shit is modern tech wank. This is the opposite. Demonic technology is incomprehensible to even modern humans.

Re:Zero

>Another way of doing it is by giving them amnesia, but that's usually used in rpgs.
My favorite was when the MC thought he had amnesia, everyone else thought he was from another world, but it turns out to be completely wrong.
As seen in Eiyuu Senki. What a trip that last part was.

There's enough material. There wasn't for a long while cause the author was sick or some shit, but there's enough now.

Movie is just to revitalize interest.

Luckily for me I've inherited my family's 'curse.' My grandfather, my father and I all have execellent memories, but with out continuous education (neither of them had high school degrees but were self taught mechanics and engineers) they ended up getting dementia and Alzheimer due to no mental stimulation and lead poisonings. I'm so far the only one who retained my higher IQ with out the draw back of going batshit insane. It's a double edge sword but I think I know how to manage it. I made this 13 years ago and earlier this year I made it out of memory due to boredom on my breaks. I have a few more diagrams in my head that I want to remake, but my paper stash is running low.
My nickname amongst m friends is elephant man because of my ability to recall entire conversations from years ago, which freaks them the fuck out. Hell, I can remember almost every thread I've been in that I wasn't stoned out of my mind.

That one is shit tho.

Ideally you'd want to run these concepts past bright minds to put them on the right track and get them moving things along. They were just as bright back then, they just need the right spark and basic understanding.

>I think even without prep-time or a STEM degree most people from our time (that aren't stupid) would probably know more about engineering and science than even the greatest scientists/engineers from these medieval-era fantasy worlds and could probably get by pretty well as an "inventor".
Are you a good businessman? Then you'd be a good inventor. If you can't pitch a product for shit it doesn't matter how amazing it is if you can't convince investors to give you the funds to mass produce it and customers to buy it.

Would be nice if we could take something like this poster to another world with us.

But at best, most people will only remember basic concepts, and things like "How long is a meter", "How do I make a magnet?" and so on will be easily forgotten.

Like said, it'd be easier to run the information by actual scholars and such, but unless you already have money, that's not going to end well.

Your options are to memorize important scientific details, or be already be someone important.

I just want an isekai where the MC fails to adminhack and has to get a job as a farmer to survive but then realizes he has a cheat ability but it brings him nothing but misfortune only to triumph through hard work. Then his girlfriend cheats on him because another reincarnator came along and his cheat is awesome.

Literally a cuck.

>Could you explain with enough detail in order to make gunpowder? Etc.
Most of the gun-smithing isekai WN MCs actually end up substituting a convenient explosive magical substance of some kind in my experience. It's a miracle they don't blow their hands off while they do it.

>Arifureta MC makes a revolver that shoots bullets with ten times the muzzle velocity of a regular revolver
>"Recoil? What's that?"

Thats not Isekai, that Planescape:Torment

Newfag spotted. Lot of isekai is discussed on Cred Forums way before the anime adaptations - be it manga or LN material.

Thats actuall off the meaning of whats implied by genre. Its not just about other world, its reincarnations/starting life anew stories.

What porn? Best girl is a man.

Overlord was before Konosuba. Log horizon too.

The latest Isekai i read is about Barrista that has by the will of god inmplement Japanese law system in a magical kingdom. Seems fun.

Kumo stopped being good after Arachne

>become communist faggots and preach on a soap box about diversity and social justice

Wow, that sounds like an awful story.

I wouldn't call it bad after Arachne. It's just not the same. Became more about twists and turns, than the pure need to survive and grow for hundreds of chapters.

>huge amounts of peasantry fought for the monarchists and were put down to secure the revolution.
Not really. That's mostly british propaganda and overblown events.

History student here

KONOSUBA
ISN'T
AN
ISEKAI
YOU
CUNT

(you)

You wot m8?

Konosuba is literally a parody of the most cliched isekai possible.

If it isn't an isekai what is?

>Every season an isekai anime ends up being one of the most discussed anime
Nigger it's been two seasons in a row, are you trying to insinuate that Grimgar was the most discussed anime in winter when Boku Dake ga Cuck me Machi aired as well? Or what about the contending thirty constant threads about Dagashi Kashi?

He probably doesn't know the difference between isekai and tensei.

Konosuba aired that season you know.

Doraemon can do anything

>no matter what happens shit's fucked
Nope user.
Technology changes the whole system drastically and at a ridiculous pace. I suggest looking at bitcoin technology and other similar technologies that are going to be common in the future. Remember, credit cards didn't even exist at one point. When the monetary system changes, its going to get harder to justify certain jobs and everything will increasingly rely on programming.
The future will belong to autists.

>The future will belong to autists.
By that point, it'll become increasingly difficult for isekai protagonists to reform agriculture and shit.

By that point, futuristic land-whales will be reincarnating into urban fantasy stories.

Just once, I want an Isekai anime to end up revealing that the dude's in a LARP and he just didn't know it.

Wasn't there an Isekai about some Protag who uses magic/alchemy to make guns and tanks and tons of shit despite how he shouldn't know how to due to not having the details down?

Arifureta.
Mother fucker makes a pistol out of a magical exploding mineral, that his convenient "Transmutation" ability lets him find and identify without a hitch. So not only can he make a (VERY) Powerful and fully functional revolver, it doesn't tear itself apart at each shot. (Again, because of his ever convenient transmutation)

I think him creating all these futuristic weapons and vehicles was handwaved as him being a gun otaku, or something.

>otaku have enough knowledge to create advance machinery and technology

In what world?

In a fantasy world of course.

Little did you know, I intentionally walked into that one.

Only fags without tastes defend isekai shit. They are everything that's wrong with the anime industry: stereotypes and cliches everywhere, the same copypasted dragon quest rpg world, harem made of useless stereotypated girls and all of this because they try everything to appeal to the pathetic virging otaku who want to self insert in their pathetic fantasy instead of creating an actual decent story.

Some of this stories even try to add some DARK and MATURE twist but they just come as ridiculous and edgy.

This thread made me decide on watching Konosuba and pull an all-nighter, totally worth it.

Because it's fun.

Does anyone have the non-shit version of this gif that is longer and doesn't feel like it came directly from tumblr? Been looking for it for ages.

A psychopath gets transported into a fantasy world. He fucking hates it. So he tries to BURN it all down with TECHNOLOGY and KNOWLEDGE to draw the gods' attention so they let him back.

>I think him creating all these futuristic weapons and vehicles was handwaved as him being a gun otaku, or something.
Wasn't that another series altogether about a military otaku who was also a metalworker?

>What if the vehicle through which the dictatorship is implemented is not a hereditary ruling class but a fiercely competitive meritocracy?
Matter not. The greatest problem isn't the monarch himself, but the totalitarian system devoid of check and balance, which will eventually lead to the corruption of power on all levels of the system. Nobles and government officers don't need to care about the opinion of the people and can abuse power however they want.

Isekai isn't a fucking genre.
It's a narrative device.

Easy and cheap way to set an universe and introduce strife, characters and concepts to the reader. Easy doesn't mean good, so that device is mostly used for shitty writers. This is what makes people think 'isekai' is a type since they tend to regroup the ten thousand shitty stories together (against the dozen or so which are good).

He also built a bike and a SUV with engines powered by magic.

I wonder if he knows how to make an automatic gear transmission, functioning brakes, power steering, suspension, etc etc or if his SUV is just a box on wheels?

>but the totalitarian system devoid of check and balance, which will eventually lead to the corruption of power on all levels of the system. Nobles and government officers don't need to care about the opinion of the people and can abuse power however they want.
Unless the system is designed to allow for expedient remove unqualified and unsuited and corrupt individuals.
In the case of Singapore, this is by having the anti-corruption agency be independent of normal law enforcement and report directly to the Office of the Prime Minister, an office which is itself occupied by a benevolent dictator at the head of a meritocracy.

>Incorporated within the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), the Bureau is headed by a director who reports directly to the Prime Minister. CPIB is therefore independent from the Singapore Police Force and other government agencies to prevent any undue interference in its investigations.

>It also has the utmost right, similar to the Singapore's Internal Security Department, to detain suspects of corrupt practices without legal proceedings.

>The Prevention of Corruption Act provides extensive powers to CPIB in the investigation of corruption, including:
>The power to investigate not just the suspect, but also the suspect's family or agents and to examine their financial and other records.
>The power to require the attendance of witnesses for interview.
>The power to investigate any other seizable offence which is disclosed in the course of a corruption investigation.

>Probes carried out by the CPIB are habitually completed efficiently and with limited public exposure.

Yeah, you better hope the absolute monarch is as benevolent as you think they'll be because that is basically the secret police right there.

Nope, but I got a webm.

kek'd heartily

Thanks m8

Isn't all this isekai just because otaku have literally reached rock bottom and can't not self-insert themselves into everything? And then they're too inept to make a proper fantasy setting to even jump into so the whole thing is just a pile of trash they set on fire. Whatever happened to good fantasy series that aren't isekai?

>All revolutionists are communists
You make the founding fathers sad, user.

There is an actual LN about a vending machine isekai'd to medieval ages

cuz fish out of water stores is a fun literary device

>muv luv alternative
>good

Get a load of this faggot

I was about to say something about liberalism, then I remembered that Americans in their idiocy somehow convinced themselves that Left=liberal when the classical meaning which we still use in Europe is more to the right.

That's exactly the problem with dictatorship. They have to maintain a large secret police force to control both the bureaucracy and the people. That secret police force's official use is usually anti-corruption, but since it wields nearly limitless power, it can also easily be used to silence the dictator's political enemies and oppress the people, which ironically the worst form of corruption.

You Europoors are always weird, nothing new.

ARMY OF DARKNESS

It's worked for Singapore so far, they've been pretty good at making sure only people who actually have the country's best interests at heart have made it to the position of Prime Minister.

But then you look just across the Causeway to their cousin Malaysia, and check out the corrupt shitshow that their government turned into thanks to a too weak judiciary, a too powerful executive, and an easily bought legislature.

>m-muh value of democracy
>everything else except democracies is Bad guyz!!!!

As expected of westerner, your worldview are so naive

I guess you could say we were lucky to have someone with only the best interests for our country to be in charge.

Thing is (and to go back on topic), so will most isekai MCs, because that's how the story is going to be written.

Do you have any problem with democracy, the most successful political system in the world?

Alice in Wonderland.

What is the difference

My country, we have two actually. And they both are the best leader of our nation.

Not like these elected shit leader who didn't do shit

This is fucking retarded. Many people had these ideas and got fucking GUTTED

>Introduce fertilizer
Already in use
>crop rotation
In use
>water wheels/windmills
In use
>public education
Already in use even for the poor. See monks on wikipedia
>laws more complicated than "I don't like you, and now you're stabbed",
Already in use,problem is the implementation in larger scale.

Actual things that help
>Showing them the germ theory and proving it.
>Advancing metalurgy and introducing mols and basic concepts of chemistry like lead poisoning
>Basic mathematics like newtons theorem etc. They probably know pythagora already so you dumb fucks cant even achieve this
>Cellulose
>etc etc

Too bad youre unable to do any of that due to lack of vocabulary and money

>Talk about enforcing modern values on underdeveloped worlds where 99% of the populace can't even write their own name

Trying to apply a single idea you guys talk about and you will plunge those poor lands into endless chaos and turmoil.

Actually no, i just have problem with you westerner saying democracy=perfect all the time without even bothering to see the negative aspect of it

>This is fucking retarded. Many people had these ideas and got fucking GUTTED
They aren't isekai protagonist.

Democracy isnt most succesful system in the world. Most countries arent fully democratic and in many cases they dont want to be.

So what you're saying is invest into the printing press, and encourage the rise of literacy?

Meanwhile, hope for longevity, because nothing we do will have a significant effect in the short term.

>democracy
>succesful

Yeah tell that to iraq, afghanistan and many african states

Things that will make you a top tier isekai protagonist
> Steel making
> explosives making
> Firearms

There ya go. Kings don't care about shit that won't win them castles.

>Cred Forums as a whole having shittaste
What else is new?

don't forget about some simple but effective methods for obtaining, refining, or harvesting raw materials. A new crop rotation system would make the farms produce a lot more, and inventing things like minecarts or a rail system would greatly boost a kingdom.

> Crop rotation
> You mean we have to plant LESS crops? Hang him!
> Rail system
> You mean we have to use 20000 tons of our 3000 ton steel stockpile?
Yeah no. You're not going to make it, isekai boy.

>Steel making
>explosives making
>Firearms
That shit takes centuries and will produce at best arquebuses which didnt instantly throw out the bow. No stranger will have the vast resources needed for such undertaking nor do they have the knowledge required.

Youd have to remember metals composition,the process of making blackpowder and then make the local lords vouch for you.

No, I mean to leave them alone, since they are too stupid to understand what we may say and thus any change will result in disaster.

I wonder how a man in his mid-30's, with many useful technical and social skills that got him gainfully employed, with family or in a relationship would function in an isekai?
You know, not some deadbeat salaryman, but like a researcher or practicing engineer with some years under his belt. The kind of guy NEET's can't self-insert into at all.

>That shit takes centuries
> It takes centuries to forge a steel tube
> it takes centuries to grab flint and fertilizer
> It takes centuries to smelt glass flasks for chemistry
Anyone with a little bit of real world forge and chemistry experience can do this. You don't need centuries of random discovery if you already know the process and end goal.

And i supposed some dumfuck from nowhere can use the king's valuable resources to make shit that doesn't make any sense in their minds? Not to mention have no guarantee will work?

>some years of experence under his belt*

Fail. Engineers and researches need much higher level of technology to achieve tangible results.

mid 1800s and early 1900s would work but anything before it is just futile

Take a look at the leading nation of the world and the system it's using.
They're doing it wrong, mostly due to the incompetency of the government and the tribal, sectarian nature of the natives.

You can't craft fine machinery without building piles of helping equipment. However you can absolutely craft basic shapes with a hammer and forge. What do you think a blunderbuss is? It's a fucking hollow rod.

Source? I can't find anything with reverse search.

It takes centuries to develope a metal tube strong enough to withstand an explosion inside it. Taking modern steel for granted is stupid. Its leagues above of what medieval people had.

>it takes centuries to grab flint and fertilizer
Yes,without right composition you arent making a poof worth jack

>It takes centuries to smelt glass flasks for chemistry
You also need to gather resources which are not labeled in a way we have them. They might not be discovered at all

Scientists in the 1930's researched atomic theory using pen, paper, and nothing more fancy than a high school lab. Just because you're retarded doesn't mean it can't be done.

I kinda agree with user that it'd be doomed to failure unless our MC has autistic love for his trade and he has know-how to jury-rig shit to move along the tech tree.

>Atomic theory
Nice,your atomic theory will be rotting in someones attic

>successful
Ha ha ha ha ha!

> Getting materials for glass making and firearms
Did you seriously imply that medieval age people won't understand what SAND and POOP is? Go back to school kid.

>Take a look at the leading nation of the world and the system it's using.

You do realize thay the reason america and europe is the leading power is because they have massive headstart in industrialization right?
And america become a superpower after ww2 because its homeland and industrial centers are untouched compare to the rest.

>They're doing it wrong, mostly due to the incompetency of the government and the tribal, sectarian nature of the natives.

And that is not the fault of democracy? Not every nation and culture are compatible with democracy. Many are doing just fine with authorian leadership before some self-rightous retard decided to spread "muh freedum" and fuck everything up

The user you are talking to is not well educated. I think you should stop trying to convince his retarded ass.

Faraday did give us the basis of electromagnetism and electric motors as a result with iron shavings and natural magnets, alright. An electric motor would be stupidly awesome tech in any medieval world and you can probably get your arrogant mage bro' to toss some low level lightning to start up your electromagnet.

Well yes,glass was pretty rare and expensive and making it was hard. Random dude doesnt have access for it.

>Implying shit will explode
wew

>And america become a superpower after ww2 because its homeland and industrial centers are untouched compare to the rest.

You do realize that there is a reason why between two superpowers emerged after the ww2, only the US still exists now, right?

>Not every nation and culture are compatible with democracy

No nation and culture is compatible with democracy since the beginning. Shits take time. Give them another 100 years and things will change for the better.

The hard part of glass is making a kiln that will burn hot enough. Guess you gotta step back a few tiers to get some refined coal and coke.

Anyone? Please help.

That's not because of democracy yo. That's because of facism, I.E. ruled by business.

Can you really call a two party system a democracy? When your choices are Cthulhu or Satan are you really being given a choice?

You can at least not choose anything at all, and there is still independent candidates.

>You do realize that there is a reason why between two superpowers emerged afterFrustration with the bad economy combined with Gorbachev’s hands-off approach to Soviet satellites to inspire a series of independence movements in the republics on the USSR’s fringes the ww2, only the US still exists now, right?

Wow its not like the ussr collapse because of the frustration with the bad economy combined with Gorbachev’s hands-off approach to soviet sattelite states. Not to mention Gorbachev cozying up with reagan pretty much alienated him to the rest of the warsaw pact.
No sir! Its because those damn ruskies do not believe in democracy!

>No nation and culture is compatible with democracy since the beginning. Shits take time. Give them another 100 years and things will change for the better.

You can say that to other form of goverment. Oh and good to know it only took 100 years for thing to get better, such a short time. Its not like 100 years of unrest is enough to destroy a nation

Goddamn i fucked up the first quote

USSR was never a super power

>choose nothing
Then everyone else will choose for you.
>independent candidates
They will never win because the nation is too polarized and they can only pander to minorities with free weed.

>not choose anything at all
And a true democratic goverment would not made some of its citizen to not vote at all.

>No sir! Its because those damn ruskies do not believe in democracy!

The reason the USSR's economy collapsed was because they followed a failed communist economic theory instead of a capitalist one like the rest of the democratic world, you see.

>You can say that to other form of goverment

No other form of government has managed to become as prosperous as democracy.

>Oh and good to know it only took 100 years for thing to get better, such a short time. Its not like 100 years of unrest is enough to destroy a nation

100 years of unrest in exchange for a stable and prosperous future. Totally worth it, at least better than a few centuries of poverty and fogginess. I.E. The dark age.

>No other form of government has managed to become as prosperous as democracy.
China is doing pretty well user. Also many democracies are shitholes just like authoritarian countries.

>stable and prosperous future.
Its not like democracies in europe have fallen. >"This time it will be different!"

>The reason the USSR's economy collapsed was because they followed a failed communist economic theory instead of a capitalist one like the rest of the democratic world, you see.

Wow i never realized that capitalist=democracy, truly amazing discovery.
And no, economy is not the only factor of ussr collapsing, politics also played an important part.

>No other form of government has managed to become as prosperous as democracy.

>what is singapore
>what is cuba
>what is china
>what is saudi arabia
>what is indonesia during suharto
>what is spain during franco

I could go on and on, not to mention the historical empires.

>100 years of unrest in exchange for a stable and prosperous future. Totally worth it, at least better than a few centuries of poverty and fogginess. I.E. The dark age.

So authoritan goverment=dark age? Nice logic there.
And democracy=stable and prosperous future? Are you fucking for real?, do you even watch news or read history? How naive can you be?