>we want the yahari audience
is harem getting stagnant?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4
youtube.com/watch?v=M_w9b3Tl9EA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>getting
It's been stagnant for a long time.

If anything, I think it's starting to start moving again, but that's just a personal impression without any evidence to support it whatsoever.

Yes. That's why we're getting a twist. Isekai harems.

An isekai battle shonen on a mech academy harem.

i think this is about to happen in that iseki mech-magic one

...isn't that just Infinite Stratos?

That's not really a twist at all. Or anything remotely new.

That one? could not even finish chapter 1 and its not because its harem, its because of the whole "you cannot contact anyone outside the school for 3 years" ... serious, why the fuck they come up with this BS that would never happen in the real world for obvious reasons?

I forgot to mention Musical

>IS
>isekai

>2 girls
>harem

Ooookay

What the name of this show user?

So how long until harem leaders start getting written off pretending they are busy doing something else, and we get only girls all the time?

It's called a "love triangle".
Please get your weeb terminology right.

It already happened.

Im pretty sure they will call straight romance "harem" too someday

No, that was a girl harem.
Girl friend beta is a normal harem without the guy.

God forbid.

>iseki mech-magic one
That's the one with the model otaku right?

Man the season is already over. I was planning on picking this up but never did.
Should I regret my decision?

You mean 5 girls with only 4 volumes

That would literally be the worst manga in history.

Yes. It was AOTS.

I want to go back to old mundane harems with no outstanding premise, carried by a zany cast and shameless fanservice.

You know, back when protagonists were perverts and delinquents instead of otaku and Gary Stus. A time when you could have non-virgin heroines and a male side-cast.

>A time when you could have non-virgin heroines
Im gonna need some examples

Pervert protagonists are almost always the fucking worst though, especially if they're the kind that actively seek out a harem

this
i just want to go back to space and robots
youtube.com/watch?v=TfadJj4d5K4
youtube.com/watch?v=M_w9b3Tl9EA

Dude is has been stagnant for years, having isekai with harems is not reviving the genre, is the same shit only that your local violent tsundere is now a elf and the childhood friend the white mage.

Harem is 3 girls or more for the same guy. 2 girls is just love triangle, 1 girl is UST all the way.

>Yes. That's why we're getting a even more stagnant genre.

>when you could have non-virgin

examples please, purityfags are one of the oldest and hard to kill fags ever.

I think I can do this
A loner mecha otaku gets hit by a truck
he gets reincarnated in generic fantasyland
In generic fantasyland magic and knights and everything else
Knights use power armors, and only 1/1000 men can uses them.
Naturally he gets sent to a generic fantasyland all girls power armor school
There he meets his harem of tsundere, ojou, kuudere, "cool beauty" what ever the fuck that means, and of course his childhood friend who he grew up with in generic fantasyland.
They then proceed to fight crime and stuff.
Oh and on the other side of generic fantasyland mech school is generic fantasyland magic school. Naturally he can use magic too, and has what amounts to a second harem there. Oh right there's an elf girl, cat girl, and fox girl.

Question has ever be a harem where the guy has to chose withing 2 differents harems?

What do you mean?

Lets say MC have 2 childhood friends, one of them is the student council president, and of course the whole student council is made of girls. The other girl has her own club that is also full of girls, he tries to spend time with both of them, sometimes helping on the council work or being in the club, each side is basically a harem but they dont like the idea of "sharing" MC with another group, so they basically fight to have him for each group.

How you fill each harem doesnt matter.

sauce?

That would just be 1 guys very large harem. You've just scalled up from two girls in the harem fighting each other over him to two tribes of girls fighting each other over him. Points for something slightly different.

Well since harem series tend to stale any advacement on the plot, we could fill that with character development for each girl on each harem and even show why they cant get along.

Also how will you like to fill the harems? symetricals in the sense of having each one same archetype but different way of show it (a shy and easy to embarrass girl in one, a more quiet and reserved on the other) or be more asymetrical (there is just one tsundere and no counterpart on the other side)

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

well instead of having the girls be tsundere to the main character have the two lead girls be tsundere for each other. Their dynamic with each other should be one of if not the main focuses of the show.
Also since you're doing Student Council on one end make the other one a sports club. that. When it comes to filling the clubs for argument sake lets say you get
Pres
Vice pres
Secrtary
Treasurer
bonus slot for main character
for a sports club you can pretty easily pair this off with
Captain
vice captain
rookie member
bonus member maybe an upper clansmen (we should have a senpai somewhere) or something
Main character can be the manager
This way you have harem of 8 members, and you can set up a good contrast between the the ordered Student council, and disordered sports club. You also shouldn't worry off the bat about their character types. Worry instead about backstories for them and makes their personalities fit those.

I think you should find a way to make both sides dislike each other aside from ordervschaos thing. You know, hate is better when its personal.

Cutefu

It's not about order vs chaos. The whole thing should amount to being just a big pissing contest between the two childhood friends. Both of whom are leaders of their respective clubs. We don't need to make every member of each others clubs hate the other club. We need to make it believable that they would be in conflict because their respective leaders are in opposition. Maybe student council cuts funding. the other one responds with something else.

Exactly. Christ I hated Sora no Otoshimono.

Following the leader is a pretty common problem nowadays. It is not so much that there aren't new ideas but rather that people look where the money goes and want to make the same idea that has been shown to work.

Leading to a sickening number of clones.

Gee, I wonder who the main girl and the future winner of the bowl is.

It's light novel adaptation right? What's it about? Is it just literal rom com?

>pic

Is that from Yandere Kanojo right? man I am sad that it ended.

Romcom with a snarky bitch as main girl

>Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

That many words in the title is not a good sign