Help me find a fansubber for Tanoshii Moomin Ikka ep. 25-78

Moomin is famous Finnish-Swedish chapter book series by Tove Jansson that became big in Japan, Russia, and many other countries. Please read this summary (philnel.com/2012/10/12/moomins/).

Moomin was immensely big in Japan (e.g., there's even a Moominvalley and cafe in Japan), and the 1990 series called "Tanoshii Moomin Ikka" (myanimelist.net/anime/2150/Tanoshii_Muumin_Ikka), which ran for 78 episodes, is universally considered the best anime adaptation, even by the original creator Tove Jansson.

Saikou no Cool (saikounocool.blogspot.com/) has fansubbed the first 24 episodes of Tanoshii Moomin Ikka, but he has mysteriously disappeared for a year. I was wondering if you could help me find either a group or individual to pick up where he started in order to finish fansubbing the last 54 episodes? The American dub is absolutely atrocious. You will help spread famous classic literature by helping me with this endeavor.

Here is the beautiful Japanese opening (youtube.com/watch?v=e_hvZlL_XnQ) which the US dub ruined.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=199455
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish you luck.

Do you know any fansubbers that would like to do it?

I don't, sorry.

Been trying to remember the guy who was subbing this. Thanks. Good luck.

>That feel when you'll never be as cool as Snufkin

It could end up being easier to just learn one of the nordic languages.

It's definitely a lot easier than learning Japanese.

The original Japanese of the 1990 series is best though because Scandinavian dubs changed the openings, and I do think watching it in the original language would be better. I'm still going to read the original chapter books though, but they're already translated in English.

I think most of the show is dubbed in Norwegian, but I have no idea where to find it.

Has the 90's moomin series not been fully fansubbed?

I figured it had been because it's pretty popular. That kinda sucks.

So no one knows any active fansubbers that might be interested? Saikou no Cool has pretty much dropped it. Silver Zero Subs is also busy with a lot of other stuff.

I tried asking Horriblesubs, but they didn't respond.

>Horriblesubs
.. horriblesubs rip from crunchyroll, they don't do anything themselves.
go ask commie subs.

EI MUUMITALOA LUKITA YÖKSI HEI MUU-U-MIIT

You might have better luck on /m/

There was a guy who did Subs for all of Medarot a few months ago and seems to be trying to sub a bunch of other old kids anime

They're a bunch of commies. I went to their IRC channel and got booted after asking politely.

He's working on two projects right now, so I doubt he's available. Still, you can search up "SquareSubs" and contact him on his blog or something. He did great work with Medabots.

At least you're as gay as him.

I own all of the dubbed Finnish episodes. I could sub them but I lack the RAW files

I can give you the raw files. I would be deeply indebted if you did this. Here are the raw files, friend.

You just need to do it for Ep. 25-78:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=199455

I honestly think I could give it a shot. But he translations might differ from the Japanese since it would go from Japanese to Finnish to English. I'll see to it tomorrow and think if I can invest the time

What is your email address?

I will be very happy if you get this done. I've been feeling like I should watch this for awhile now.

Was Moomins in the Riviera any good?

I personally prefer the idyllic feel of the original 9 chapter books and the 90s anime over the comic strip, which tends to be a bit more mature.

You just need to get one of the translators interesed in this. Make your case, have them watch it, if they like it as much as you do, one will surely want to translate it out of love.

Which episodes numbers are the spooky ones?

Muumit best anime ever.

>dubsubs
no

Moomin in any of the nordic languages is awesome, but you gotta admit the japanese cast is nothing to scoff at.

I heard the Finnish and Swedish dubs are at least accurate whereas the same cannot be said for the English dub. The English dub for Tico of the Seven Seas was significantly bastardized.

>The English dub for
As an example,**

>Had no idea that the Groke was supposed to have dialogue until years later

I would still prefer someone translating the Japanese. I'm sad.

Saikou no Cool is lame for just dropping it without a word.

>translating
fansubbing it in English from the Japanese**

It can't be helped.