I hate it because it is popular

>I hate it because it is popular

is that valid criticism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FlzZhGr8G9w?t=33s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Seeing Re:zero threads everyday makes me hate it even more so yeah

yes

Depends on the context of the criticism.

If it's re:0, then yes.

Guys, it's over. Let's just forget about it and stop triggering my PTSD

It's the one reason I refuse to watch One Punch Man.

Really glad I steered clear of Matsu threads when that was running. If I had seen the rabid fandom in action I would have never watched a pretty great show.

/blog

I would say it's akin to saying something is overrated. It's not a valid criticism of the work in question by itself.

No, unless you're a teenage hipster.

Liking only popular anime is born from fear of diversity. Marks my words, you fools.

If the great popularity causes harassment, then yes

The reason I sometimes get turned off of popular anime is all the people sperging about it. It sometimes gets to the point where I'm tired of hearing about it and it makes me not want to watch it, even if it interested me originally.

There is no such thing as valid or invalid criticism. Or rather, you personally decide whether criticism is valid or invalid, and that's different for every person.

Yes now fuck off.

No the logic is

>I hate the fanbase ergo I don't like dicussing it or seeing pictures of it regardless of its quality thus reducing my overall enjoyment of the media.

It's a negative externality caused by shitty plebs, like being in a bar and some stinky crazy hobo starts yelling about Xenu.

No, that's petty contrarian behaviour. View something not for its fanbase or how well known it is but on its own merits

It's like when someone says "Cowboy Bebop is over rated" it's highly venerated for good reason if someone hates it for that reason they're a filthy hipster.

youtu.be/FlzZhGr8G9w?t=33s

No, that's barely an argument.

People can like or hate whatever they want, but it invalidates future opinions because they have shown they let other people decide what they like and hate.

Yea, this is me.

I like what you wrote.

That's not a criticism but it's a valid reason to not like something

I donno man. There are certain shows that I just can't see how they're popular. Like SAO for instance, the first bit and beginning actually drew me in and I thought the internet was just hating it because it was popular like your saying OP. then it got a little meh when the two main characters got married. but then the fairies shit happened. Dear lord it took me a bottle of southern comfort and dedication to get through those final terrible episodes. everything that made it interesting at first was gone and it was just bad.

I haven't even attempted season 2.

What makes Toradora! so good?

good romance

It's more irritation for constantly seeing praise of something you think isn't praiseworthy, so basically "stop liking what I don't like".

I'd say not because it is popular, but because of the rabid followers that make it popular and try to force it on you. Not watching the show and/or developing hate for it would be the consequence of that.

If you're on Cred Forums

I do agree with that assertion. Fortunately, there is a way to get rid of such threads by simply hiding them.

It really helps with the nerves if those kind of threads are out of sight.

Are you implying that rightfully calling on the shit taste of faggots to make them realize their poor choices is somehow not valid?

Where do you think you are?

It's valid if you want it to be. But your valid isn't my valid, or anyone else's valid.

The only ones that say this are the people that do not actually enjoy watching anime and only enjoy discussing anime. Therefore, if they dislike the following of an anime that they would have to discuss it with, they will not watch it.

/thread

Nobody actually says that. It's more like
>I don't like this series and it's popularity has made it's flaws increasingly obvious to me due to overexposure and unwarranted praise

The real illogical bullshit is the fans who call everyone who dislikes something contrarian and accuses them of hating it for being popular.

Well If I can discuss it here then my standards go way down, even bad anime can be fun to discuss, and only the rare good anime is fun to watch.

only on Cred Forums

lurk more kid, only idiots use fallacies.

Popularity is a fair way to gauge whether or not something is probably shit or not.

It isn't for people with more than 70 IQ, in Cred Forums it is.

Well written characters with actual relationship building and development.

the characters.