How would you react if a new anime was released that was better than NGE?

How would you react if a new anime was released that was better than NGE?

I know it's hard to comprehend, but (theoretically) it is possible that one day a new TV anime could be on the same level as NGE. Isn't that interesting?

It's already happened.

I'd really like to see it, but i m a huge NGE fag so i wont admit that anything could be better.

>I know it's hard to comprehend, but (theoretically) it is possible that one day a new TV anime could be on the same level as NGE. Isn't that interesting?
Madoka happened. It is not better, but very close to same level.

Nice meme

I guess i might watch it.

>How would you react if a new anime was released that was better than NGE?

You mean a new show this season or the dozens of shows over the last 20 years that already did it?

Utena came out ages ago user

Trigger's big budget mecha anime will dethrone NGE

You're not going to beat Eva by trying to copy it in the same genre. Just like all these crappy MMOs will never surpass World of Warcraft by copying it.

Plenty of shows have been better than Eva specifically because they were unique. While all the Eva clones failed.

I'm sure there must have been at least one anime out there produced ever since 1996 that's objectively better than Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Maybe I've even watched it.
Neon Genesis Evangelion was the fourth anime TV series I ever finished watching, so there has never been, and there will never be anything that will make me feel the same way I felt back when I first watched it.

Damn, beat me to it.

NGE is shit that only reddit intellectuals like, real men watch K-on!

NGE existed long before reddit, you smelly teenager. I bet you aren't even old enough to remember the old internet.

Please leave. This is an adult discussion thread.

>adult discussion

>DAE like EVA because smart?

>I know it's hard to comprehend

Speak for yourself, Eureka 7 already happened.

Congratulations on actually affirming the criticisms that you're not old enough to be posting ITT.

hows that for confirmation you neckbeard weeb.

EVA is for edgy "too deep for me" children

This thread is going straight into shitposting territory real quick, and it's both of your faults.

One of you is too immature to accept that not everyone has the same taste or likes whatever you do, and the other is too much of a tactless ass to explain his opinion without sounding like a douche.

Basically, you're both acting like children and need to grow the fuck up or get the fuck out.

This desu.

A new neon genesis would be completely incomparable to neon genesis.

The only quality they would have in common is quality itself. You can't try to rehash the past, you have to forge something new.

motherfucker did you not see where i said i was 12

Medaka Box

Hideaki Anno already announces he's back working at Rebuild 4.0, so there you have it!
>inb4 hurr rebuilds are bad!

I'll believe it when I see it

>2deep4u
>Congratulations!

Quality is subjective, there are a bunch of anime that could be better than NGE in certain anons eyes.

Now if were talking influence and controversy, now that I don't think has been topped since Eva.

So hyped for that shit, too bad we won't get it till 2018 or later probably

I would bet it's ready for 2017, 2018 at most.
>tfw you will be able to laugh at all the people who dismissed the rebuilds when 4.0 gets relased
Can't wait!

So I've been lucky enough to have missed Evangelion while I was an edgy teen and I just finished the series and EoE recently.

Should I watch the rebuilds? what should I expect

How would you react if a new anime was released that was even worse than NGE?

I know it's hard to comprehend, but (theoretically) it is possible that one day a new TV anime could be as bad as NGE. Isn't that interesting?

Ignore the purists, the Rebuilds are phenomenal in their own way. You can love both.

You're definitely missing out. Watch them.

NGE is pretty terrible, but there's definitely worse.. much worse..

JOJO

So, now you're a grown adult with the mind of an edgy teenager? Is that supposed to be better?

Expect a lot of action, eye candy and an orgasmic soundtrack. Try to forget any background lore you know about the tv series because a huge chunk of it does not apply to the movies.

What this guy: said
Rebuilds are WAY better, and I watched the originals back in the day. Those who say otherwise just can't stop diddling their member berries long enough to take off the nostalgia glasses.

>anime that was better than NGE

I'm an adult with a fairly optimistic mind actually.
I used to be edgy and I think if I would have watched NGE back then I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

>1.11 is alright
>2.22 is horrible, besides the ending
>3.33 is a love/hate experience, but has potential to be masterpiece if thoroughly explained

Rebuilds are wasted potential and aren't that interesting. I don't think they either really understand what made Evangelion good or they are trying too much to adjust it to modern audiences.

> 3.33 ...has potential to be masterpiece if thoroughly explained

This. Be patient, guys

NGE is my favorite thing ever in any medium. but I don't believe in ranking, I prefer tiers. plenty stuff deserves to be up there with eva.

>3.33 etc.
Except that they already had a lot left to explain with 1.11 and 2.22 alone. Instead of using 3.33 for that, they did that timeskip and introduced a whole other load of shit, and now all that's left is 4.44 which will have to try and fit everything if it wants to make any sense, and the movie will end before anything interesting happens because all its runtime is going to be used on trying to knot the hanging threads of all the previous parts.

Rebuilds ARE bad.

Why does Shinji not use honorifics sometimes?

t. nostalgiafag

objectively, undeniably BAAAAAD.

It has nothing to do with nostalgia. How the fuck can you defend something that copies and rehashes its original material into something worse?

Its funny that the joke your using to poke fun at the people who prefer the original Eva was actually making fun of franchises that were being milked and rehashed hence the JJ Abrams jokes.

I wasn't surprised or anything.

The same way idiots back in the day claimed the Utena and Escaflowne movies were better than the TV show. He probably only cares about the production budget and hype.

>He thinks the Utena movie wasn't better than the series

wait, there was an Escaflowne movie?

>He thinks lesbians and trucks is good at all

>1.11 is alright
Agree. It is basically a compilation movie. Dat ramiel.

>2.22 is horrible, besides the ending
Why? Becaue Mari or the non-canon angel?

>3.33 is a love/hate experience, but has potential to be masterpiece if thoroughly explained
There better be a shitload of explaining.

>all that disgusting CGI
Glad I never watched those movies now.

You can't retroactively turn shit into a masterpiece, what's not there is not there.

>implying
RahXephon > NGE

Dust off your VHS' and go to bed grandpa.

The action scenes from that Angel were seriously awesome. Those screams combined with the lasers and everything gave me some seriously intense goosebumps.

It happened 8 years before NGE aired

>VHS
I think you mean blu ray rips.

Yeah, Ramiel is the best thing Rebuild has going for it. antiCGIfags might have a point elsewhere but Ramiel worked.

NGE isn't that good, people only like it because it's nostalgic.

People like(d) it because it was Sienen while most everything else they'd seen was Shounen. Its the same reason people in America obsessed over the Batman Animated Series. Because it seemed more mature than any other animated show on TV.

But both shows still had good writing, overlooking their demographic.

>How would you react if a new anime was released that was better than NGE?
Every anime is like that for me, I didn't like NGE.