Anyone else feeling disappointed with Berserk lately?

Anyone else feeling disappointed with Berserk lately?

The 347 chapter left us wanting more, and indeed things will get interesting again, but damn, this Falconia arc sucks so much.

I cannot stand all the comedy and moe faces anymore, the previous arcs were so good, loved every single one of them, but this one is making me feel sad.

I just want this arc to end, Miura making just one more and just put an end to this.

>I cannot stand all the comedy and moe faces anymore

Just grow up dude. The series is developing into something else and it makes perfect sense.

this

I don't want Guts going nuts all the time and killing lots of demons, I know that gets old, but I don't want the manga becoming what it is now.

It's just bad, his party is terrible. Serpico was good when he appeared, now he's still ok/meh, Schierke is awesome, Farny have a great development, but the rest... please just kill them, Miura.

Isidro, Isma, Magnifico... I wish they all drop dead soon, it's just boring, even Puck became obsolete, fucking comic relief.

>grow up dude accept the cringy moeshit

If growin up means enjoying Isidro and the other stooges, then I hope I never grow up.

>this Falconia arc sucks so much.
Rickert bitch-slapping griffith was pretty sweet

Puck has been comic relief since the beginning you fucking mongoloid.

>lately

>tfw still read chapters 1-30 every few months
its good until guts fight the sea beast whale
goes to shit after

>Implying Falconia and Elfhelm won't devolve into demon rape/murder in the end

It's called build-up, user.

Puck's whole existance and meaning has always been to be the comic relief. Pretty sure Miura himself said he added Puck to the story to not make his story constantly dreadful and depressing

if it's true, shits gonna hit the fan so hard.

the whole room will get coated in shit.

the fan will cease to work.

Early on he actually played a somewhat active role in the manga and the comic relief was somewhat subtle. Now he's just a gag character.

>post yfw Puck is eventually killed off for whatever reason

>fans who don't like the direction the story is going but can do nothing to stop it
>fans who do like the direction the story is going it but have to put up with 3 chapters per year
>first anime adaptation was good overall but had powerpoint animation and ended after one arc
>disappointing films with awkward looking 3d
>19 years of waiting for a second adaptation and it's 3d and worse than the movies

Being a Berserk fan at all is suffering.

I just consider Berserk to be concluded.

This manga has been going for 26 fucking years. Literally.

Manga is the stupidest fucking shit.

The animation for the original anime wasn't THAT bad, it was FAR more tolerable than the current abomination the 2016 anime has. The art style was pretty solid and the voice acting is great. Those bloopers though.

The CG in the movies isn't as bad as the animes, and the movies for the most part are animated in 2D style, they're also good enough for me.

At this point we'll probably never get the Berserk anime adaptation that it deserves, I've come to accept that.

Video games to an extent
>Crappy DC games comes over not even properly called Berserk
>Amazing PS2 game never leaves Japan, PS2 has region lock, emulation isn't perfect
>Finally get a new one and it's a fucking Warriors game
Ahhhh..at least I have the Souls series, or better yet Dragons Dogma.
>Removed the Guts and Griffith shit from the PC version
Feels bad.

>It's a fucking warriors game

think about what you just complained about. It's Berserk, you ALWAYS see Guts ripping and tearing through large groups of enemies, hordes even, a warriors game fits enough.

And have you looked at any of the trailers or anything? It looks like it's covering everything, there are enemies from all the arcs, the attention to detail in the game looks amazing, a lot of love looks like it was put into this game, it looks extremely promising to me, despite some repetitive hack and slash, it'll be good enough to look past it as an amazing Berserk game.

What did you want? A first person elder scrolls looking piece of garbage where you run around and fight 1-5 enemies at once? I'd rather have waves of enemies to rip apart the way Berserk is meant to be portrayed?

That was sweet indeed. Rickert is a great character.

He was less annoying and was kinda helpful, now he's just comic relief and nothing else, he and Ivalera and Isidro and Isma and Magnifico and...

God I hope so

>new series is fucking hideous crap with terrible direction
>Miura style changed to awful shit and he went digital

>Anyone else feeling disappointed with Berserk lately?

Not at all, it's just like we always dreamed about

OP here, I personally love the animation of the 97 anime, it's just the censorship and not having Puck and Skull Knight that sucks to me.

They did great with what they had, also it was 97, they couldn't do more arcs, but I wish I had everything like that, just without censor, etc.

The game looks great, but that kind of gameplay gets old real soon, and only fit Guts. They should do one with that graphics and covering the story just like it's going to be, but with the PS2 game style.

To be fair, they never really covered the parts where Puck and SK appear.

Besides the first episode, but that's not a huge deal.

What does bother me about the 97 anime is that they left it at the biggest cliffhanger. They should have at least gone to the point where they escape the eclipse with SK, then it would've been more appropriate to wrap it up.

There's a reason Falconia was remade from another city that went through a mass sacrifice ritual...

If I remember well, Skull Knight does shows up before the eclipse and warn Guts about stuff.

I agree, they should have made one more episode to show SK saving them.

If he does, I've forgotten.

>Anyone else feeling disappointed with Berserk lately?
Nope. I started reading Berserk over 5 years ago, unlike you.

Here:

"On the night of Guts' departure from the Band of the Hawk, Skull Knight approaches him for the first time to leave him with a prophecy. While nearing Guts' campfire, his aura alone throws Guts off kilter initially, resulting in the former Hawk becoming unnecessarily anxious and uneasy, when in fact, Skull Knight is peaceful in his approach. He begins to speak of a perilous event, coined "the Eclipse", that will take place in a year's time, stating that Guts and his companions will be swept away in a torrent of madness and death. Further cautioning the "struggler", Skull Knight tells Guts to fight to survive in spite of his impending doom before leaving the campsite and vanishing into the night."

So you're good in eating shit, unlike him
Miura doesnt give a fuck about his readers, manga is dead

>eating shit comeback
0/10, get original.

I have a theory which I think is pretty plausible. The people complaining that Berserk is getting "too silly" started reading it within the past 5 or so years, sometime recently at the very least. Here's why:

1. When you read the entirety of Berserk in a short sitting, the scene that sticks out the most is the eclipse. Obviously. But it sticks out so much then, that it becomes the defining scene of Berserk for all these readers who blew through it in like a weekend.

Imagine if you had read it monthly since like 2000, or earlier — there wouldn't be the same effect then, and you'd realize what I realize, which is that "dark and grim" is NOT what "Berserk is supposed to be," it is much more than that and is more characteristic of an epic that keeps changing and throwing new things at us.

2. If you started reading it in the past 5 years, chances are it's because of the Souls games, and if that's the case, chances are you came only because of its relation to those games, which are almost purely dark and grim. That's what you like, that's all you want; you didn't want an adventurous story, you just wanted more of the Souls games, the violence and dark fantasy that are shown in those games. It also means you most likely don't have a proper background in literature or non-video game art in general.

I love it, i really dig what Miura is doing right now. I heard comments like yours everywhere wondering if it really declined in quality. I waited till i could binge read the latest 5 chapters and read them all in one go. All i can say is its excellent in a different not as savage kind of way. I am glad Miura is trying something new, now that we are reliving the eclipse again, i wonder how dark it is going to get again. My only complaint would be Miura getting used to the digital medium, his linework is still a bit too thick and you can notice differecnes if you are an artist yourself, but thats only on the characters. The background looks as beautiful as ever. Berserk was always supposed to be a shoujo anyways.

Moeshit would be all the bullshit Cred Forums is enjoying all the time like ReZero or Kyoanis bullshit. Berserk is still far from that Moe shit. Call it shoujo or pretty looking but not Moe thats something totally different.

I haven't been reading berserk for more than 5 years, I admit, but I never played dark souls.

We're not saying that it has to be dark and edgy like the eclipse all the time senpai, even the golden age has funny stuff, but now it's just TOO MUCH of it, it's getting annoying.

This Falconia arc is too silly compared to all the others, we have too many comic relief dudes and nobody cares about them as we cared about the original band of the hawk.

Actually, the ones I care know are exactly the one's that are not clowns, Serpico and Farny. Schierke is great, she's a child and is funny in a good way, it fits, but Isidro and the rest gotta go.

>I care now*

What if all this anger and frustration with those character leads up to them being brutally slaughtered? Would that be enough catharsis for your murder boner to be satisfied?

That would be very nice, as long as Isidro dies I'm already happy desu.

I don't even need bloodbath every chapter, I like slow things, but without the comic monkeys.

>This Falconia arc is too silly compared to all the others
But do you realize what is going on in the story? Right now, Falconia is in its prime, thriving as the only safe haven on the planet, filled with people who are excited to be there, and Guts and the gang are on the elf island, the last bastion of light-hearted fantasy in the world of Berserk... it is THE PERFECT TIME for maximum comedy from Miura.

And we have never seen anything like it, because Berserk is an epic, not a tragedy. Because we've never been on the elf island before, and we've never seen Falconia in its prime before.

Chances are high that it's not going to. That would go against what Miura's been building up for quite some time, and be more akin to going backwards in the story rather than moving forwards.

"He is reminiscent of Yahiko from Rurouni Kenshin, in many ways."

This is the best comparison I have read. I hated Yahiko so much and feel the same way about Isidro.

Yes, but I am afraid that the faces and the comic shit won't go away, my hope is exactly this, I tell myself that it's just an arc thing.

Puck in Black Swordsman and Lost Children arcs was an anchor for Guts' conscience

after that he just became le silly meme elf who makes funny chestnut faces

I really miss that puck.

This is starting to remind me of all those vinland saga threads.

That would actually make me sad

You'd expect one of the human companions to die but if puck gets offed no one would be ready for it.

Puck will return! Next year.