What is it about entry level anime that Cred Forums dislikes? I've thought a lot about this in my free time...

What is it about entry level anime that Cred Forums dislikes? I've thought a lot about this in my free time, and could only come up with the reasoning of "Normies stop liking what I like."

When I think of entry level shows, I think of old toonami and adult swim, and I wouldn't say any of them are bad. OP pic used as an example.

Because those entry level shows are usually poorly written. It's not always the case but it usually is.

>What is it about entry level anime that Cred Forums dislikes?
Entrylevel doesn't mean bad.
Entrylevel is discussed on Cred Forums.

What Cred Forums dislikes is people who come to Cred Forums thinking that entrylevel is all there is or all there needs to be.

>Normies
Fuck off, crossboarder.

Name 5 for the sake of argument

Why should I be the one to bring up examples for a topic you proposed? Why 5? You name something faggot.

>Normies

>156051701
Who in the fuck are you quoting?

I'll name 5 that aren't poorly written if that will calm the rash in your panties.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Cowboy Bebop
Attack on Titan (Pacing problems don't exactly count as writing problems)
Baccano
Death Note

He's obviously quoting an user from the future you fucking retard.

What's hard to understand? entry level = shit fanbase

That doesn't answer the question.

>What is it about entry level anime that Cred Forums dislikes?
Lurk for 2 years before posting and you will understand.

also this

I don't see the point in this. My answer is just going to be my personal opinion that which we can deduce nothing. Even if I like all of those you listed, or even if I hate all those you listed, it still serves no point in your argument that I don't understand in the first place.

>Attack on Titan
>Death Note
>Well written
"no"

Just your plain, garden-variety elitism.

>Normies stop liking what I like
thats pretty much it
90% hipster snobs here

I understand elitism, I understand the hipster anime enthusiast mindset, and I understand the shirty fanbase argument, but what I don't get is the rationality that something entry-level is shit because it's entry-level.

We don't necessarily dislike them, but most shows that have become "entry level" are already discussed to death, and we'd rather talk about all the new stuff coming out than dedicate all our threads to saying the same things over and over again (that's for the endless eight threads).
Plus some just attract cancer (AoT in particular).

See .
Stop being stupid.

but thats just not an accurate observation

It's inside job. If everyone stopped to speak about an anime when it has ended, this site would disappear. So next: deny you/anyone ever loved that show. As it triggers people who spent a lot of threads exchanging theories in 'fan' threads etc, you get your new daily dose of drama plus shitposting but it's OK, because the board is saved. Of course a lot of people who love baiting people help propagating these threads, so the inside job doesn't even need to make that many threads. Just to start the new 'trend' of shitting on a popular show.

An accurate observation of what?
If the OP of an entrylevel show is good you can have a civilized discussion about pretty much everything.
Unfortunately most OPs of entrylevel shows were written by newfags and crossboarders.

Yeah, no. Most of the time stuff gets random hate and gets dismissed simply because it is popular. Simply by making a thread about it, dumb cunts would label him with cringeworthy shit like "newfag" or "crossboarder"

>crossboarders
Do you realize how stupid this is to say? Cred Forums has over 60 boards, most people who use the site use at least 2 or 3

>Yeah, no.
I think you need to lurk more.

>Most of the time stuff gets random hate
Yes, and that is not exclusive to entrylevel stuff.

A crossboarder is not somebody who uses multiple boards.
A crossboarder is somebody who brings the board culture of one board to the other. Spamming Cred Forums memes here makes you a crossboarder. Browsing both Cred Forums and Cred Forums does not.

>I think you need to lurk more.
not an argument
There is dumb shitposting all the time and you know it.

>There is dumb shitposting all the time and you know it.
Of course there is.
And it's got very little to do with the anime in question and more to do with the question of how your post looks.
There are a few exceptions (Naruto, Re:Zero), but other than that, entrylevel shit is fine if you aren't a faggot.

>muh boardculture

OP please listen to this user, he is trying to give you a logical answer.

fucking this

Remember to pretend you dont like cowboy bebop!

Cowboy Bebop is actually good though.

Attack on Titan would be irredeemable shit if it wasn't for the animation and beautiful art direction.

>Attack on Titan would be irredeemable shit if it wasn't for the animation and beautiful art direction.
I can't say I agree with that. It'd be a lesser show than it is without those, sure. But irredeemable shit? No way. Not everyone's cup of tea, certainly. Flawed, yes, but not fatally.

>Cowboy Bebop is actually good though
yeah, thats the point. Still some anons feel the need to talk it down simply because it is popular

That's your opinion.

The only good part about AoT's story was Jean, he should've the main character instead of Eren and I probably would've liked it a lot more.

But of course, like all shonen, we have to get a generic moralfag protagonist to appease malfaggots.

Half of the show was inner monologues and whining. It was NGE all over again

I honestly don't like it because of the characters.

I just like the underlying theme that information is constantly withheld from the humans and they have to work with the smallest bits available to get by; Titans also go to great lengths to preserve it as much as possible.

It is definitely flawed, but that's usually the case with entrylevel shows; they gather untapped fans and develop their own original concepts in an appealing way, filling up with clichè when the route is not properly tested.

Wasn't it episode 8 or 9 where Armin was internally monolgueing for about 5 or 6 minutes?

Good god just shut the fuck up and get on with it.

>I can DO IT. I have to stand up and FIGHT!
almost every episode this shit happened

>I've thought a lot about this in my free time

Have sex

You lost me.

w-was this an o-offer?

If too many people are calling an 8/10 show a 10/10, there needs to be a few people who will point out its flaws and call it a 1/10 to balance things out.

This, Cowboy Bebop is 8/10, which is no insult considering most "normie" anime is usually 4-6 for me.

Thats just stupid. It is objectively not a 1/10 show. That would just be acting like a retarded contrarian. People dont have to hate it, just because so many people love it. Thats what I'm talking about. its dumb

>Pacing problems don't exactly count as writing problems

Fucking what?

there are a lot of other things, that play a role in bad pacing

>muh crossboarder boogeyman
Y tho

Entry level anime is called entry level for a reason. It panders to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR

some people really need this to be some sort of secret club

(You)

Almost all the anime you said there was shit....

Cred Forums is full of elitists, which is ironic because most elitists on Cred Forums are actually the scum of society. thats why you always see "lurk for x years" or "watch at least 6 billion anime", etc. you cant be elitist if you like entry-level anime (read: popular anime), because then you are just like everyone else.

Oh, please elaborate then.

Humanity needs contrarians. Like I said, it balances out the opposing force of the large majority who are willing to call average shows good and good ones masterpieces.

No, that's just stupid, and not even funny. That's why they're told to fuck off back to MAL.

No we just hate you and hope a fake elitist attitude might eventually drive out people like you. It works more than you think. Underage can only be told to fuck off so many times before they get upset and actually do it.

Why do you assume I'm underaged?

And sorry buddy, but I've been here for years, not going anywhere anytime soon.

Well, for example the voice acting and music can change the pacing.
Most importantly it might be influenced by the editing. How the scenes flow together (or not) can vastly change the pacing regardles of dialogue or plot points

mathematically, shouldnt you be calling it a 6/10 to balance it out?

>Attack on Titan
Eh. I enjoy the premise, 'steampunk skyhook ninja' is different enough, but the manga is paced so badly, which I definitely see as a writing flaw.
>Death Note
I can't speak for this one personally, but I heard that the last episodes were terrible.

No, it doesnt. Just judge how you judge it honestly without caring what the other people say

I love snk but the pacing is a big part of the shitty writing. You can't ignore this

>normie

It's normalfag you fucking retard. I know writing words like nigger and fsggot might seem scary for you millennials, but this is a safe space.

And that is basically the situation with Cred Forums's attitude towards "entry-level" shows. People who haven't seen much anime see an Attack on Titan or whatever, and gush breathlessly about how great it is. People who have seen a lot see its flaws more readily, and don't agree that it should be called the best thing ever.

So far, reasonable enough. But a lot of them get it in their heads that for there to be an overall balanced view of it, they need to call it the worst thing ever to counteract all the people saying it's great. This is of course a fucking stupid way to go about things; all it results in is arguments going nowhere and the less experienced digging their heels in and refusing to budge from "no fuck you, it's great".

What would actually help is a more civilised discussion of the series, acknowledging its good while bringing some attention to its flaws. Of course, that'll never happen because it's apparently more fun for Cred Forums to simply insult anyone who disagrees with them.

Everything after 'L' died was shit. Also, Light ended up losing because his team member fucked up instead of him. I guess you could say he lost because of his own ego, but it's pretty dumb he was never outsmarted

Because you make generalizations about Cred Forums as if a board can have a collective opinion. That's an underage crossboarder thing. Cred Forums is full of elitists. It's also full of people who will watch anything because they just love anime. nobody cares how long you've been here, your post is still stupid.

Then go somewhere else? If you don't know what you're getting here by now, you're really really thick headed.

Aside from generally having lackluster writing, pacing, or some other element, and having a lot of really obnoxious fans who lack any self-awareness, series that are "entry-level" usually piss people off because it reminds them of when they were in the same position and have contempt towards themselves when they think about the years they spent in blissful ignorance, having reprehensibly shit taste.

Logically anything considered "entry-level" has to be good to some degree. Popularity isn't indicative of quality but this goes both ways. It isn't indicative of positive OR negative quality. When something is that popular with people who aren't "in the know" it usually means it does one thing very well, and this one thing is something that just happens to have very broad appeal. In a way "entry-level" shows and comics almost feel cheap, like they're going for the easy route and appealing to something the masses can't help but like.

Nah, I'm too stubborn to leave just because some of the others are being stupid. And I think someone needs to try to be the voice of reason, even if it's seldom listened to.

Then don't go somewhere else because you're a good poster and I appreicate you.

So do half the fucking threads on here. It's always "why does Cred Forums think [x]". There's no literal collective opinion but there's a general attitude that's seen a lot and the elitist attitude is quite common.
Post 1 (one) picture of you streaming anime or reading manga on Mangafox and you'll get at least 5 people who shitpost at you about it. Streaming being much worse than Mangafox. If you actually cared about how they watched/read their content, and wanted to help them find better ways to do it, you would fucking suggest it to them. Instead, a large percentage of Cred Forums just shitposts about it because they want to feel like they are better than someone because of how they consume their media.

And in terms of the underaged crossboarder thing, Cred Forums was the main board I browsed for a long time, so I'm not a "crossboarder", and I'm not underaged, so that's two strikes for you. Also, the point of how long I've been here is that you acting like a cock hasn't made me leave yet. That's strikes 3 for you, out the door you go.

reddit

Arigatou.

Entry level =/= bad. There is good entry level shit (Bebop, Evangelion) and bad entry level shit (Shingeki no Kyojin, Sword Art Online)

It's literally just elitism, some retards just can't accept the fact that something actually enjoyable might be right at their face and they feel the need to dig up for it. Sure, if you enjoy something that's not so well-known (SSY for example) then it feels special because you think you're the only one who appreciates it when, in truth, there are thousands of other elitists who think the same way as you.

I wanna be someone who can enjoy both entry-level and not-so mainstream stuff, I don't feel the need to show to the world how knowledgeable I am or how refined my taste is.

You can keep listing "I'm not newfag. I'm not crossboarder" and much as you want. It's an anonymous site and I feel you write like a retard so I say so. Sounds more like someone shitposted your shitty thread and you have a complex about it. No one wants to help you fix your media intake. We just want to say "you're a retard" and then move on because it's not my job to try and convince a retard not to be retarded. At this point I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue.

Is it that Cred Forums is too elitist? If so, I think that's a stupid argument and hardly one of the biggest problems hindering discussion

Now Im interested in your opinion, name 5 anime this year that are well written, popular or not. Or do you think anime as a whole isnt well written and cant compare to real life cinema.

I'm not naming examples, but it's incredible how low the standards for the medium are if either of those are considered "well written"

But they are not hipsters though, most people here seem to like Moeshit, which is the most popular genre in Nippon and even caught on in the west lately. Hardly would consider anyone who likes ReZero, NewGame or any other show like that a hipster.

That's assuming equal numbers on both sides of the argument.

>im not naming examples
>because i have only seen 50 anime and I literally can't think of something this season without googling

>Cred Forums
>crossboarders
what?
Thats like complaining about "tourists" on Cred Forums

Humanity needs people who are true to themselves you retard, if you didnt like bepop rate it a 5/10 or even lower. But a 1/10 just for the sake of balancing sounds retarded.

>that aren't poorly written
fag

You need to lurk more, stop using "we" when referring to Cred Forums you newfag.

>we'd rather talk about all the new stuff coming out than dedicate all our threads to saying the same things over and over again
We may talk about new stuff that comes out, but that doesn't really mean we're not saying the same things over and over again.

We thinks we won't.

Just so you know, moat people who get frustrated over minor things like that and call you underage are most probably underage themselves. The elitist atmosphere that is dominant in Cred Forums is only really affecting those that are insecure about their position, making them in turn act elitist towards others, like an army camp or prison. If I want to watch a show I know I will search for the best quality to download, like 50GB for 24 episodes is normal to me but I won't look down on someone who prefers streaming or whatever. I also read manga on my phone using an application that I actually bought, I know that would make anyone on Cred Forums absolutely furious but who fucking cares, they're just a bunch of idiot kids.

>I wanna be someone who can enjoy both entry-level and not-so mainstream stuff, I don't feel the need to show to the world how knowledgeable I am or how refined my taste is.
Same. And really, if we're honest, no-one's taste is quite as refined as they'd like to think it is. Everyone I know, myself no exception, has some guilty pleasures. That show, that book, that band, that whatever that they know damn well isn't that great and they should be ashamed of even liking, but can't help loving.

>can't speak for this one

Then don't

Why is Cred Forums so up its own ass?

This is one of the only boards that has this problem.

He asked why Cred Forums doesn't like entry level anime. My contention is that Cred Forums is elitist and it's trendy here to not like entry-level stuff.

>bloat = quality
>Cred Forums is full of insecure kids
You and me both kiddo.

What is one getting here though? What is so great about Cred Forums. Ive been here for a long time now, trying to understand but its just a bunch of ?kids?, exchanging ideas, opinions about their favourite waifus. You cant tell me that all this shit is ironic. Cred Forums consits of 20-something grown up males talking about their favourite waifus. You cant make this shit up. Every now and then a nice thread pops up trying to have a disucssion and then gets shot down by someone saying that anyone who doesnt like Moe doesnt belong here. Its quite the shithole to be honest, not even fun like Cred Forums. Just waifu threads.

You know, I don't really watch new stuff as it comes out. I tried doing that in uhh, I guess it was fall 2012, and I just didn't like feeling like I had to keep up with it all. I also have a serious issue with watching anime week by week, because I hate waiting for the next episode. Not to mention, I like waiting for reviews and stuff, and it seems like all of the anime nowadays have incomplete source material which really drives me nuts. Probably why the last year or so I've only been reading manga.

Just watch anime you enjoy and participate in threads you like, or start a thread with an OP that sets a good tone, dude.

Oh, I'm not the person you were quoting, by the way.

>This is one of the only boards that has this problem.
This is one of the few boards that wants you to lurk for a while and adapt to Cred Forums before posting.
That's not a problem.

Thats cool now name some that you would deem well written this year. If you cant, i take it you dont even watch anime and just try to shitpost, so shut the fuck up.

>Why is Cred Forums so up its own ass?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being critical you dumb shonenfag.

I enjoy all the anime I watch but I like pointing out flaws in shows, it makes it all the more special when I discover something that's really excellent.

Except SnK has been poorly writen for two arcs already.
FMA is okay.

I'd say it's more related to years of people making threads without lurking for even 5 minutes to read the rules or get any feel for the board. You can only have so many "so why does Cred Forums not like (popular anime)?" before it gets annoying and you just want to tell them to fuck off. Also, you need to define "entry level". List 3-5 anime you consider entry level but quality anime, that Cred Forums is "elitist" towards. Since you are such an oldfag, you'll remember there was a time where naruto wasn't allowed so if anything, Cred Forums is much less elitist for that alone. I don't even see people getting worked up over the things you're saying they are. Maybe like 6 months or a year ago, but I think everyone who thought "enforcing board culture" would save Cred Forums gave up a long time ago.

You might have been here a long time, but long enough to remember when Cred Forums was good. Or at least, exponentially less shit.

Cred Forums needs a fucking revolution, this board just sucks, its weirdly hostile to newcomers/normalfags , yet has 90% of its threads consist of underage kids disucssing their favourite waifus. Its quite pathetic.

>J-Just keep your head down and don't cause any trouble and it'll be fine, man!

Would you eat at a restaurant like this? Because I wouldn't.

It's also one of the few boards that flies into an autistic rage on a whim if you say something people dislike. At least on Cred Forums everyone's too busy being diet Cred Forums to be serious and it just ends being some form of "ur a fag". But here it turns into an entire thread of horseshit.

See, like this. What about my post indicates I'm a "shonenfag"? I didn't even comment on any anime or manga, I was merely highlighting how caustic and responsive Cred Forums can be, and you've somehow already figured out what I like and insulted me over it.

It's either a problem with the board and its people, in which case it should be fixed, or it's a problem created by the medium itself, in which case it should also be fixed.

>adapt
this is not your hugbox faggot

That could be true, but what happened to it becoming like it is and how does one revert that progress.

This guy read the first 3 posts, then skipped to the bottom.

>At least on Cred Forums everyone's too busy being diet Cred Forums
>at least Cred Forums is shit
Yeah, Cred Forums is better than Cred Forums.
Your point?

Well, what I get out of Cred Forums is the occasional decent discussion, heads up on some anime or manga I've managed not to hear of before (or at least a reason to check out something I might have unfairly dismissed previously), some pictures. The signal to noise ratio probably isn't actually that much worse than any other given internet community, and the impermanence of it all does help a bit.

Years ago, Cred Forums was way way way worse than this, so I can agree with you there. If you made a thread with a video stream you'd literally get dozens of replies bitching at you, not that bad anymore. New naruto chapters were shitposted into oblivion. There were literal debates about how many anime you have to watch to be allowed to post, so yeah, Cred Forums has become way less elitist than it once was. But whether an anime is quality or not, someone should be allowed to post about say, SAO, without getting loads of shit for it. I do think old adult swim and toonami shows are a bad example, though. Never ever seen something like Ranma get shit here.

>this year

The term you are looking for is echo chamber.
Hugbox would imply we just welcome everybody.

>PEOPLE NEED TO ADAPT TO THIS BOARD AND BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BEFORE THEY POST STOP BEING DIFFERENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just accept its death and enjoy the fumes of its carcass. Moot died and left us with a bunch of ponyfag, normalfag mods who dont even browse this board, let alone care about it. The rest got fired or are hardly active. The only change would come from the staff, and they like how it is now.

Adapt to fucking what, are you telling me one should adapt to the shitposting and waifu threads on here? Thats all i am seeing here, to be honest. Just check the catalog and look at all those shitty threads that are up now. NONE of them are good ones.

Dumb frog poster.

>What about my post indicates I'm a "shonenfag"?
Sorry, that was just a kneejerk reaction.

I just think most shonen is made for the lowest common denominator most of the time.

Not him, but are you implying there aren't any well written anime this year?

>Adapt to fucking what,
>Thats all i am seeing here,
Then lurk more.

>Implying anyone who goes "plz recomend cartoons for i XD" isn't asking to be shit on.

It's just normalfags and newcomers fitting in by shitting on all their fellow normalfag-newcomer buddies.

I'm fine with that, as long as they keep talking about anime shows I like in a manner that isn't too frustrating.
Of course, it's very important that you set up a good example by being a quality poster who tries to have ontopic-discussion, but also be a good funny guy who tolerates and sometimes even participates in some offtopic-discussion.

Don't be the no-fun-allowed dude. That one is the worst kind of shitposter who doesn't realize he's actually shitposting and being a drag-on.

and what would that be?

It's like a decilish mix of hipsterism and virginity.

See the things you mentioned are the things i am here for too, but why cant everything be like that. Cred Forums has to enforce a change otherwise it will just get worse and worse.

I thought ERASED was pretty good. Granted, it's based on a manga, so there wasn't much independent writing that was needed, but good anime that aren't based on a manga/LN are extremely rare I find.

The answer is one word: hipsters

>fag gets called out
>gets upset and being outed and claims the problem lies with Cred Forums

Why does this always happen to you? Because youre just the 1000th incarnation of a butthurt newfag complaining he got bullied on Cred Forums. PROTIP: Resorting to calling the board autists or elitist weebs is a common defense mechanism and it doesn't help. You can just leave to a place where people don't shitpost your terrible thread.

Nope. I know what I meant.

thats not what Im talking about

To some people being a contrarian IS being true to themselves.

>baccano
>entry level

It's fine, I'm not insulted at all, but that's exactly my point. It's the norm here to instantly lash out at anyone you perceive to have an opinion you disagree with or who's taste differs. Why is this the case? Why does it become so personal? Like I said, this really only happens here. On Cred Forums you'll get called a faggot but everyone else is a faggot anyway so it really doesn't matter. Everyone unique, shitty taste is already taken into account when you post.

Meanwhile here it feels like there should be a goddamned entrance exam.

>I know what I meant.
Well, then you're an idiot.

I am talking about the present and past not the future. What is it that is supposed to be good on here, cause i aint seeing it. Its total bullshit.

Read the rules, lurk around the threads to see some opinions, think before posting. You don't come into some "club" and start trying to force your will. You're the one who have to adapt. Hell I waited 2 months before posting for the first time.

If you can't find anything you like on Cred Forums, either you aren't looking hard enough, or you shouldn't be here.
Which one of the two is it?
Are you going to lurk more or are you going to fuck off?

cool
Hugbox, still doesnt say "welcoming everybody"

>>An anime is good and approachable
>>See other people liking it
>>If I like the same things other people like, then we're the same
>>Obviously i am not the same as other people, because I am 400lbs and stuck to my bed
>>I should distance myself from normies by trashing what they like
>>Also I should stop calling them normies because they sre familar with that word now

Cred Forums doesn't welcome anybody.
Everybody gets shitposted the moment he proves to be a fag. Everybody gets called newfag at least once a month.

There is no hugbox mentality.

This.

because you are a cuck

>Cred Forums has to enforce a change otherwise it will just get worse and worse.
I'm not so sure, actually. As others point out, it has previously been much worse here. If memory serves, things didn't pick up because we insisted on better behaviour, but because the worst of the fuckwits left, saying "well fine, we'll create our own imageboard, with blackjack and hookers!" over some issue or other.

10/10 reply.

Then it is really weird that some faggots insist on "adapting" and not allowing certain opinions

you're a fucking faggot

For most cases the hate is over the top, but I personally found the fan base of cowboy bebop absolute cancer continuously circlejerking how it is 10/10 animu of all time from the 20 whole shows they have seen, don't get me wrong it's a good show but fuck off to reddit if you want have endless circlejerks with your hivemind. I guess you could saw it is the fanbases at fault mostly for overrating every single entry level show despite their low ass powerlevels and not bothering to actually look at other shit before coming to such early conclusions.

Rakugo, Mob Psycho, Erased, 91days. Are all decent to good. Solid 6-8/10s. The rest of this year are comedies or Moe shows which i dont like and therefore dont rate. Many people liked ReZero but i cant give it a higher score than 4/10. Now you have a frame of reference. Name your favourite in the last 2 years.

And that's what an echo chamber is about, allowing only one particular opinion and reinforcing it through repetition.

But really, it's not even that.
It's just that you're a step even before having your own opinion. You're unable to learn even Cred Forums's most basic fucking rules.

>aren't poorly written
>Death Note

>Hey there random girl I just met. I'll now proceed to tell you my real name and surname before I rape you with my buddies in the middle of the street.

The most irritating kind of attitude comes from people who think what they saw on toonami is the pinnacle of anime and nothing else comes close.

It's a fine line and impossible to judge as a hypothetical. Should people be allowed to have an SAO thread? Sure.

Should people be allowed to post "I'm 10 episodes in to SAO and I love it. Why does Cred Forums hate it? Probably just virgins or something" It can be very obvious when someone is in the beginnings of their anime phase and make threads like this, and usually they aren't even here for discussion. They just want a general to circlejerk in and not be disturbed by mean trolls. I think there is some merit to letting people know that shit is annoying and to lurk more. Everyone was a newfag at some point, the point is the lurk and learn how to post and then the newfags become the oldfags and the cycle continues.

It's a fine line between that and contrarian shitposting though. Like I said, it just always depends on the context

Those series are not good though.

They are only loved by 14-16 year old fags.

They arent elitists though, a huge chunk of Cred Forums likes Moe and lolis which are the most unelitist things you could like. This weird contradiction is just retarded.

>those
>well written

New Game, Love Live, Zestiria.

Good writing does not equal screaming teens throwing magical beams at each other.

Are you going for some subtle bait or are you actually this much of a crossboarding asshat? Do you not realize that the goal is for this place to be repulsive to Cred Forumstards? Everything is working as intended.

is Mob Psycho actually good? Like I said before, I usually dislike anime with incomplete source material, particularly if they have a manga because then I can easily read it, but even despite that Mob Psycho doesn't look that good to me. Especially since it's made by ONE, who, well, made One Punch Man, which is just stale after the 10th chapter.

>Name your favourite in the last 2 years.
Wizard Barristers

At one point you liked every single one of those series, but when you noticed people who liked them also liked having friends, careers, and no virginity, you decided to hate them.

been here for years and always hated faggots like you, who think that they are the gatekeepers of this "club" or something.
nobody is going to adapt to your shitty standards. people disagree with you. deal with it

>>
>this whole post

I am a here for quite some time now, and all i have seen are waifu threads. Or this is your girl for tonight- thread. Or what would do to me"insert pic of moe girl"- thread. Like thats all there is to it. The only good threads are the ones about shows airing at the moment or threads about opinions about older shows, but even they go to shit real fast due to Cred Forums consisting of mostly shitposters. Its a total shithole and to your nice little analogy. I do whatever the fuck i want, you safespace loving faggot.

There are no newfags or oldfags. Only anons.
And every user has the potential to be a great funny poster, or being a fucking retarded piece of shit, no matter how old he or she is in real life and how much anime or manga they've watched and how long they've posted on Cred Forums.

Be the best at it.

>>Mob isn't good because OPM was made by the same guy and regular people like both of those.

The fact that you didn't capitalize your post tells me you came here in 2012 at the earliest, which is fitting, an anti-elitist fag settling in as elitism was being killed by newfags.

No, I'm just admitting my bias towards it because of ONE. Haven't actually seen/read Mob Psycho. If I don't like OPM, do you think I'll dislike Mob Psycho?

That might not count but Haikyuu!! S2 was excellent and a huge improvement on the first season that I already thought was very good. Rakugo was excellent and is definitely a contender for my personal AOTY, and for all the occasional shitposting and bait threads it got recently, I believe Mob Psycho was a genuinely great show and of this year's highlights. There's also Jojo DiU, that,I ended up enjoying much more than all the parts that came before it thx to Josuke being a great protagonist and Kira being a even greater villain.

At one point everybody was a stupid baby. What's your point?

And this is a 18+ site. Are you really surprised that people get mad when 14y old kids come here to talk about how epic SAO or Naruto are?

I found a few things that are worth to stay for, but i am not shitposting when i say that 90% of all the threads are total bullshit. I guess thats just the culture of everyone being able to post whatever they want as long as it relates to anime, but Cred Forums could be so much greater.

>Its a total shithole
You are welcome to leave.

with your cancer and all your buzzwords

No, you dont fit in yet

Is this the only argument you can come up with? You've posted it several times already

Thinking of past Cred Forums makes me think of Pork Strangler. Those were the days. I miss him because it was fun to see him post in a single thread and have it devolve immediately into 200 people calling him different nicknames, and people even getting banned for posting in a Pork Strangler thread.

or maybe im just a lazy faggot. get a load of this guy.

>i am not shitposting when i say that 90% of all the threads are total bullshit.
No, that's fine. I'd sign that statement without a moment's hesitation.
10% of 150 is still 15 good threads.
10% isn't too bad a ratio, really, especially since we probably wouldn't even be able to agree on which 10% of those 150 it is.

SAO is pretty good though, as long as you have the ability to ignore pointless drama.

I think you would like it, then a month later when you see a normal person liking it, you'll say it was terribly written and only liked by 14yo faggots

>90% of all the threads are total bullshit.
That's just Sturgeon's Law at work. 90% of all discussion on any given forum (in the broadest possible sense of the word) is total bullshit.

Actually he does.
I have no idea why you think Cred Forums would be the right place for him.

elitism is and always was cancer

It's not long so you lose nothing in giving it a fair shot. It's a great adaptation.

If you don't like it here there's a red X at the upper left corner of your browser. No one here will change their opinions and taste to fit yours.

You realize I'm one of the people who was saying Cred Forums is filled with elitists, right? Don't get me confused with other people. I just genuinely didn't like OPM, I read it because I started getting into manga again and saw how highly rated it was, and was sorta like I don't really like this. Then I noticed how popular it was getting via the anime. I had heard about it here and there but didn't realize just how popular it was. I'm just not a fan because it seems really gimmicky.

I am here for about a month, started posting things every day from the start. No one noticed i am new here. Its too easy to "get" this culture. Its essentially just imitating being a dick/asshole/virgin anime fan on the net thats all. No idea why you guys pride yourself in lurking to "get" it or some bullshit phrase like that. Youtube comments seem more productive and hostile to be honest.

Because the way you posted there was cringeworthy. It seemed like the way people on Cred Forums post, that try to fit in.
>Cred Forumstard
>crossboarders

As long as you're not being an asshole on purpose, you're golden. Try to improve the thread by being a good poster.

Your choice though.

Cred Forums loved the manga before it was animated, just like it loved Akame Ga Kill manga before it was animated too. Cred Forums just doesn't like casuals liking the same thing as them. So basically op your assertion is correct.

I'll give it a go. I was planning on watching a few anime that finished or are finishing soon from this year, since all I've seen is ERASED so far (watching kimi no na wa soon, too)

Rakugo is high up on my list based on this thread + what I had already read about it. I like that the manga is finished so when I'm done it I can read from the manga. Does it look like the second season is going to recover the remainder of the manga, or is it too long for that?

No, crossboarders have been an Cred Forums concern for a long time.
If you don't believe me you are welcome to search the archive for the term.
Or you just lurk more, that would work too.

I think i confused you for someone else posting on this board with the same screenname

>Cred Forums was worse when big shonen were shitposted into oblivion.

It wasn't worse back then. You can discuss big3 shonen and mainstream shit like SAO ad nauseum on any number of other sites with like minded communities. It left more board real estate open for anime that likely wouldn't have seen much discussion elsewhere. Nowadays you have a good third of the board riddled with quasi-general threads for big shonen as well as other nigh-constant threads that really don't belong on Cred Forums.

>There were literal debates about how many anime you have to watch to be allowed to post
This has always existed and still persists, just with different wording. People still say "lurk two years before posting". The idea of a minimum powerlevel isn't even necessarily about taste.
Newcomers to anime have an inclination toward bad posting habits. They are more likely to make things like rec threads, even after the creation of /wsr/. They often have very little to contribute to a meta discussion of anime or a genre and thus often gravitate toward the aforementioned quasi-general threads of the entry level anime they are familiar with. Or, if they do decide to post, they often make for textbook examples of the proverbial Mount stupid.

People have been copying my username for years.

>Cred Forumstard in denial
Sorry I hurt your feelings, but it's not a meme that Cred Forums is a site wide example of every boards worst nightmare.

Decently well written for their purpose. It depends to what we are comparing them too? The greatest most well written books? Movies maybe? or just anime? If its just anime then they seem quite averagely well written so a 6/10 should reflect that. For exmaple Monster, Tatami Galaxy or Nausicaä, the real elitist anime, would get a almost perfect 10/10

If you're a natural, more power to you.
But I have no doubt that you'll get called newfag sooner or later. It's the go-to insult around here.

No. It is I who is Anonymous.

Not seeing how having a weekly chapter about Naruto when the new chapter comes out was ever a big deal.

Strangely, One Piece usually escaped being shitposted to death, probably because it was ridiculously popular at the time. Still is, but not to that extent.

You're a fucking retard and you should just leave. Christ people are so new they are actually just starting to understand Cred Forums. Yes, there is a lot of shit to wade through but the highs are the best and there's no other community like it. You weren't here for any of those so you probably don't understand.

>normies
Fuck off

Is it fun to be an anonymous parrot?

Why do you care about Cred Forumstards and why should i? I am on Cred Forums to talk about anime, i dont care about where or who the user is.

Because if it's okay for Naruto it's okay for every single long running shonen.

Granted filters make things a bit better but it doesn't help that a good chunk of the board is just permanently reserved for WSJ.

>2016
>being so new you unironically believe disliking a Cred Forums crossboarder is "trying to fit in"

Shiggy.

You should watch mob

Well i am mostly a mangareader, and Mob Psycho up to a certain point is one of my favourite manga. Top 50 easily and I read a lot of shit already. The anime is a perfect adaption and i would suggest you just check it out till at least episode 5. Drop it if you dont like it till then. Its a fine anime sadly not hitting that peak the manga had.

So what stuff is it okay for if not for naruto? When can you post a new chapter? And for what manga?

I dont need you tell me that. I come and go as i see fit.

Put it on your backlog, and watch it sometime in the future, a good chunk of the people that liked OPM disliked Mob and the opposite is true for people like you who disliked OPM. So yea give it a try, its different. I wouldnt even really recommend it to people who liked OPM. Only for the comedy i guess.

>Love Live
>Well written

If you lurked for 2 years before posting you'd know why.

because they don't discuss anime and get upset when people press them for real answers regarding anything.

Alright, will do anons. Thanks.

In my personal ideal world anything longrunning (in serialization for more than a year or so) or entrylevel (very vague and difficult to define but this is wishful think anyway so whatever) would be absent from the board.

That's all beside the point however. I'm not going to go out of my way to shitpost in those threads or make threads about how the shouldn't be here.

My point was that it isn't necessarily elitism for thinking it would be better for Cred Forums if that stuff was gone from the board. The people who complain about elitism or how every anime belongs on here want Cred Forums to become just like every other hugbox anime forum on the internet and lose the traits that made it stand apart from the rest.

>anything longrunning (in serialization for more than a year or so)
I sure hope you are not talking about manga.

Well i tested the waters a bit and looked at what opinions are looked down upon. I noticed stating my distaste for moe will get me directed to Cred Forums or called someone who deosnt belong here. Do you think i can still be a good poster, while also dislking moe and all this waifu crap. Not really fun to not be true to myself for longer periods of time.

Poor wording, I meant "in serialization with an anime that's been running longer than a year".

>in serialization for more than a year or so

Do you even know how long an average manga runs for?

Serialization for less than a year, even if its weekly, makes for horribly written and rushed material for shows.

Disliking moe is okay, although most people who say they do have no idea what moe means.
Saying moe is shit will get you problems.
All things waifu can be safely ignored.

But isnt that fucking stupid, to wait so long for the highs? Is it worth it? For example is the recent bleach and Pokemon meltdown such a high? Cause that was fucking amazing to watch, but waiting so long for those highs? I am new here so you will probably tell me to fuck off, but what are other highs i should look forward to?

I fucking detest all this waifu shit. The way to deal with it is not to complain in every waifu thread about how stupid it is, but to ignore all waifu threads.

You can't be a good poster as long as you use "moe" like it's some kind of genre.

ITT: newfags just learning how to Cred Forums

As long as i didnt talk down on Moe, no one noticed anything. I could state any opinion i wanted, i just had to package it in a bundle of insults like, tard, fag, faggot, newfag for anyone who disagrees with me. Cred Forums culture is easy to read cause its the same as a bunch of 16 year olds with too much time just let loose. I was 16 too some time ago, so i should know. What i was hoping for was a place that is not as casual and more elitist than say MAL or Reddit. But i gotta say Cred Forums has even worse taste than those places.

Then there's only one thing to do newfriend.

Go back to MAL or Reddit.

Is that the real reason? Cause if so i agree with that but why only /v. I mean they only come over for the next popular isekai anime or OPM last year. I dont see them as such a problem.

Dunno, taste is pretty much the same in all three. If anything, Cred Forums is just more direct in voicing their opinion.

Not an argument dumb Cred Forumsutist

Malfaggots wants grimderp edgelords to show how mature they are watching mature cartoons for mature adults, moralfags are for children and therefore not them

>why only /v.
It's not just Cred Forums.
Cred Forums tries to make everybody be a complete Cred Forumsnon. If somebody can tell that you're from a different community that hasn't been dead for at least 5 years, they're going to point it out to you.
We are a jealous waifu. You shall not have any other waifu's beside Cred Forums.

I am a long time anime fan, so i watched my fair share of moe shows when i was younger, i dont need any lecture. Moe is almost something i would consider a genre. It shapes the way characters and plot behave, too much in my opinion for it to not be one.

They are all bad, so my conclusion is that the majority of anime fans be it japan or the west have shit taste.

All these except AoT are actually good

Who said anything about arguing?

You wanted a place to belong right? Since you think you don't fit here because your tastes don't match with the others here.

At least in MAL or Reddit bad people won't hurt your feelings there.

You don't have to fuck off, but you can lament that you came too late to enjoy Cred Forums at its peak. You're right, anyone new is probably so confused why people care about this shitty board. It used to be worth it, but like every Internet community in history, it died. Now the only positive is the imageboard format, but even that is mostly dead with the state of generals and the catalog. There will still be posts that are exceptional and that you won't be able to get on more traditional forums or communities, but whether it's worth it to slog through waves of trash to find them is up to you. A lot of people are just here because they have been for a decade and are too stubborn to leave.

Are you new? every board on Cred Forums is full of hipsters

Yes, Baccano and Bebop bored me to death.

Pleb

Well you made a lot of sense of this situation. Thanks. I am actually kinda sad that am too late now. Well i will keep lurrking cause as you said there are really nice and insightful or hilarious threads every now and then.

Cred Forums isn't elitist you ningen. Cred Forums has a lot of shitposters and it so happens dadime are the calling call for ningen.

Anything that has:
A. A dub
B. An english release
C. is well known to dadimes

Is not welcome on here.

Well you're not wrong, but you're not right. Cred Forums certainly has that contrarian 16 year old aspect with kids using combination of meme words and insults, but honestly it's still better than MAL or reddit.

Just from the upvote system alone, reddit will always be worse. They literally have a popularity contest for opinions, and only show the ones that win. It goes against the very idea of having an open discussion and leads to nothing but circlejerks. As for MAL, I'd rather have people trying too hard to be contrarian than people who think they are open minded while being just as biased. A shitpost is just a shitpost, but MALfags will write 10 pages of pseduo intellectual nonsense that has no more content than someone going "it's shit and I didn't like it".

>A. A dub
Wrong.
>B. An english release
Wrong.
>C. is well known to dadimes
What the fuck is a dadime?

Most entry level shows are the only things most people even watch, and creates a very limited and closed-minded view of what anime can offer. If you look at most western fans, all they know is Naruto, Attack on Titan, SAO, and One Piece, maybe some other shoujo stuff. They claim those are the best anime ever, when they've never even had a chance to experience some other, better shows out there. And it's a shame, too, because I've seen some lesser known anime that I found to be better than any of the entry level stuff that I used to watch.

Tl;dr Entry level anime are generally viewed by stupid and ignorant people

>Cred Forums at its peak

What are you talking about?
Cred Forums has been the same for years generally speaking. It's just you who's getting tired with the board already since you're already familiar with almost all the 'original content' here.

Other than the image, that's not a bad post.

>ningen
>he uses romaji
Also I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Maybe it didn't come across but I'm fully aware a lot of this is just my own personal fatigue.

If you're asking what I personally mean by 'peak', I guess 06-09. Maybe it's just me because people were saying Cred Forums is dead in 06 as well, but think it's more than just fatigue. It's only in the past couple years with the new moderation that it went from boredom to active disdain.

Your mom was a whore ningen. Dadimes are you.

anyone who posts like they have brain damage isn't welcome either

I mean there is a reason why i am here over those other places. While i dislike most of what Cred Forums seems to like, i can still have honest and meaningful conversations about anime, something that mostly goes to shit on other places due to the reasons you named. Thats why the premise of Cred Forums isnt bad, just what people use it for is not up to my liking. I guess i could just fuck off, but i do like a few threads here and there. Being an anime fan who doesnt like moe or waifus is quite a lonely state.

>an anime fan who doesnt like moe [] is quite a lonely state.
Indeed. There probably aren't a whole lot of shows for you to watch.

I don't see the big deal in not watching stuff you don't want to watch.

No such thing as entry level anime. It's just that most of the anime Cred Forums likes is shit which is why it never gets popular. Though recently we've seen somewhat of a reverse trend where really old, established series like Berserk (CLANG aside) and JoJo have been getting adaptations.

Them you outta show yourself out.