This fucker could have literally solved all of his problems by investing in a psychotherapist for the pilots but...

This fucker could have literally solved all of his problems by investing in a psychotherapist for the pilots but instead he just wastes money on stupid shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BUIpX3XVVb8
m.fanfiction.net/s/6895532/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and for himself

Who the fuck put him in charge of saving the world anyway.

Take the fucking Ritalin, Shinji.

The UN.
It happened in the first episode.

Shinji's real psychological breakdown comes after the last angel, and he never gave a flying fuck about Asuka.

A psychotherapist won't stop the Jews, user.

Japs don't believe in psychotherapy. You either carry your weight or sudoku. That's why Gendo was so desperately trying to give Shinji an opportunity to man the fuck up on his own
>surrounds him by easy as fuck pussy
>gives him a badass robot
Gendo is an example father that nips can relate to. Shinji is a shamefur dispray.

He only failed because Rei betrayed him at the last moment.
A Therapist wouldn't stop that from happening.

>investing in a psychotherapist
How was that going to bring his wife back?

>sex a woman
>said woman dies
>start having sex with her daughter

Is there anything more alpha than that?

He should have asked the Elric brothers.

This.

I guess that can be a key to a prosperous society but fuck man that sounds pretty cruel.

Japan is not so prosperous and it has one of the highest suicide ratio in the developped countries

Things that cold have saved everything:

>Gendo being a little bit less cold towards Shinji
>Shinji spending time with a good male role model
>picking a different pilot instead of Shinji
>sending Asuka to therapy
>Gendo not fucking trusting a clone-angel-freak thing with the fate of humanity

That's how most of the world did it. Send them to boarding school, send money, drink and wait for them to get bigger, stronger and resentful.

Cruel that Shinji wasn't more grateful, user.

>>picking a different pilot instead of Shinji
I thought it had to be Shinji. Rei could pilot EVA 01 but Shinji was the only one who could do it to it's full potential.

I honestly think that the whole point of EVA was presenting a mecha anime as it would've happened in reality with an added "fuck you" from Anno
>turns out kids are fucking afraid to pilot giant robots because it's fucking dangerous and they're just kids. Also robots are creepy and eat each other because why would anything nice ever happen?
>placing one of those pilot kids in a harem doesn't help or even get him laid because everyone is a broken human being that can't just go straight to a healthy relationship even if they meet someone from the opposite sex. Just like you, user

It did have to be Shinji but they didn't know that until he left and 01 got fussy. He was called in an emergency and he stayed voluntarily, nobody made an effort to keep him but Misato. Who also fired him.

>"Anno understands the Japanese national attraction to characters like Rei as the product of a stunted imaginative landscape borne of Japan's defeat in the Second World War. Japan lost the war to the Americans. Since that time, the education we received is not one that creates adults. Even for us, people in their 40s, and for the generation older than me, in their 50s and 60s, there's no reasonable model of what an adult should be like."
Anno's still butthurt his glorious Nippon navy lost WWII.

Seriously, though: it was an essential part of the plan that the Eva pilots be fucked in the head.

You remember the synchronization meter that keeps being displayed? The better your synch, the better the eva functions as your minds merge. A mentally healthy person CAN'T SYNCH, because their sense of self is whole and undamaged. You need an adolescent whose sense of self is wavering, incomplete, damaged, and fluid, in order for the souls to partially merge. For an eva to rape your brain, your mind has to be weakened and vulnerable.

If the pilots went to a psychotherapist, they would stop being able to pilot.

Did Shinji have any feelings for Asuka?
Did Asuka have any feelings for Shinji ?

Shinji probably just saw Asuka as fap material, but I can't help but feel that Asuka felt something for him...

While i agree with some of that didn't Asukas sync rates collapse after her mental trauma?

To be fair, the same thing happened to men in western countries after ww2 as well

Anno is butthurt that Rei is Japan's favorite character. He got so mad he made the Rebuilds.

I mean the only time outside of the rebuilds where Asuka shows any romantic interest in Shinji was the kiss, but im pretty sure that was because she was jelous Kaji was banging someone else.

oh nooo, are you saying evangelion is retarded?

it is

don't you have a new game to watch?

Yeah, because she was specifically traumatized by the eva forcefully merging with her, and couldn't bring herself to open up to it again.

Trauma alone wasn't sufficient; Gendo needed kids that were traumatized in just the right way. The correct combination of weak sense of self and obedience. He had that whole school full of pilot candidate kids with tragic backstories, but most of them weren't broken quite right. Too rebellious, or too healthy, or whatever.

A lot of Gendo's bizarre behavior makes sense when you realize he's trying to drive the pilots a certain kind of crazy. He's absurdly cold and distant to his son, for example, in order to make his son desperate for connection and affection, weakening his mental barriers and letting him merge brains with his giant robot mom.

I'm not a huge Eva fan or anything, but the show really does have an internal logic.

Name 1 (one) anime that isn't retarded

Sorry son but you're full of shit.

That the kids need to be "mentally fucked up" to pilot is a silly theory that has nothing going for it. It doesn't make sense because objectively, more focus and sanity brings higher synch ratios.

>more focus and sanity brings higher synch ratios
There is nothing in the show that indicates this

ofc they had feelings for each others, it's just that they are teenagers so they probably didn't quite understand their feelings completely and maybe didn't want to show them due to it being somewhat embarrassing.

The fact that Asuka gets worse and worse, and her synch ratio drops accordingly. In the same way Shinji stabilizes and increases his.

Hell, even if this wasn't the case you'd still have zero proof. I think it's time that meme theory is retired. Don't spread it any more.

i'd ghost in the shell, space dandy, kill la kill, cowboy bebop

evangelion is just wrist cutting pretentious bs

Muumit.

Best ots as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=BUIpX3XVVb8

Wow, you really didn't understand the show. I thought the "too deep" thing was a joke, but it looks like some people actually couldn't get it.

But Shinji's highest sync ratio is produced when he goes beserk. For Asuka, as the other user mentioned, her sync ratio drops when she becomes defensive

You're just butthurt that your theory is shit.

Everything in the show proves your wrong. Sorry, but it's time to grow up and for you to accept that.

>But Shinji's highest sync ratio is produced when he goes beserk.
So? That more lends credit to what I'm saying.

>For Asuka, as the other user mentioned, her sync ratio drops when she becomes defensive
It drops when her mental health deteriorates. Calling it "defensive" is categorically wrong.

>I just want to hug her and make it all be alright

I'm pretty sure Unit 01 goes berserk because Yui is literally fighting Shinji's battles for him.

Asuka's mom doesn't go berserk until EoE because Asuka explicitly blocks out her mother and the Eva because she convinces herself she doesn't need them.

Its pretty funny to me when somebody says Asuka doesn't have development during EoE. Her mother finally gets through to her, she for the first time accepts pride sourced from a source other than her loud ego, she openly invites shinji to help her fight the MP-Evas, gets wrecked despite opening up to her mother, and then gets choked with all her mental defenses down in EoE by someone who's usually a pushover.

And after all that she commits literally the first no bullshit non-self centered act of compassion or sympathy in her life and it disgusts her, precisely because an act of genuine compassion will feel awkward for someone used to upholding such a massive ego.

Judging by the Reifags on this board, I get the feeling that Anno might not like them because they hyperfocus on how perfect Rei is. Rei is best girl, but she basically becomes the fucking GOD of Self-Actualization, there is no comparison.

>inb4 that one faggot comes in here and blames me for Rei Q, despite going in depth on why Asuka is fucked up

Who wouldn't, though at that point you're talking about being a parent, more than a bf. Because that recuperation is gonna take years.

>hug her and make it all be alright
It doesn't work like that.

Impeccable taste.

always assumed synch ratios worked differently depending on the "personality" of the EVA and its relationship with the pilots

After EoE, or if you're Kaji with a backhand maybe. Tough love maybe. She needs a parent, more than a companion.

I just wish 3.0 aged the characters up. I get the impression that Anno probably went about trying to downplay the existential themes for the Rebuilds, and Rei just got hit hard with it because existentialism IS her character.

>Its pretty funny to me when somebody says Asuka doesn't have development during EoE. Her mother finally gets through to her, she for the first time accepts pride sourced from a source other than her loud ego, she openly invites shinji to help her fight the MP-Evas, gets wrecked despite opening up to her mother, and then gets choked with all her mental defenses down in EoE by someone who's usually a pushover.

It's true that Asuka doesn't have much development in EoE though. Development is clear, concise and defined by definite character change, which isn't present in Asuka. Asuka in EoE is downright shallow.

Then consider that if Asuka's mother is the one who reaches out, it's not actually Asuka developing. Consider a runner - he develops when he becomes better at running. He trains or motivates himself to use all his strength to run faster.

If we gave him a car, he'd become faster but he wouldn't develop as a runner. He'd just be along for the ride with the car. It's the same with Asuka and her EVA, and Asuka piloting the EVA isn't supposed to be a good thing, it's a symbol of regression - this is why she dies.

I do feel that Shinji had the chance to help her atleast a few times in the series, just that he couldn't see past her surface and i certainly can't blame him for that, Asuka sure made it very hard to see what lies beneath, not to mention that he's 14.

I'm not sure why Kaji couldn't help her more though, he knew well that everything wasn't alright, maybe he just didn't realize how badly things were.

Unfortunately.

>defined by definite character change

Read the rest of my post
>she commits literally the first no bullshit non-self centered act of compassion or sympathy in her life and it disgusts her, precisely because an act of genuine compassion will feel awkward for someone used to upholding such a massive ego.

Just because each character doesn't get an entire trippy live action sequence like Shinji does, where Rei and Kaworu go through why escapism is bad for him in the long run and accept.

Forget Kimochi Warui, just the fact she carresses his face out of sympathy while being choked proves that she's over some psychological hill, because she sure as shit would never do that before. She could hardly talk about her stepmother without exploding into self defense.

>Then consider that if Asuka's mother is the one who reaches out, it's not actually Asuka developing.

By this metric Shinji doesn't develop either since Rei has to walk him through why his worldview is flawed.

This isn't giving a character a car in a footrace, its pushing them over the crest of a hill.

In asuka's case where her self is tied too close to her ego, it is precisely through having her false ego shattered in the mindrape, and the pride she borrows from her mother prove not up to snuff that she's pushed over the hill.

Your analogy works for when your ego is in a ditch and need to climb out, not when its been buried alive under its own weight and needs to be trimmed.

>Read the rest of my post
I did, and it's covered where I mentioned that Asuka does not have detailed character development, and that she is shallow.

>By this metric Shinji doesn't develop either since Rei has to walk him through why his worldview is flawed.
Again covered by my post implicitly - because Shinji is detailed, and Shinji does walk through the process, and thus improving him, he has quantifiably improved.

Her encounter with her mother is pure regression, as she needs to accept that her mother is dead to move on, and develop personally. Asuka piloting the EVA is regression, and in this moment she only became more dependent on it and is likely to regress even further if she survived.

10/10 would buy BD set

She reflexively, frankly shared the details of her relationship with her stepmother with Shinji just because he was paying attention. Then she got mad when she realized it. She hated wanting to.

Ran out of space for third block

Just because each character doesn't get an entire trippy live action sequence like Shinji does, where Rei and Kaworu go through why escapism is bad for him in the long run and accept reality, doesn't mean there wasn't an obvious character change.

It does lean on implications a bit I'll give you that, but you don't need a damn internal monolog to show character development is or has happened. Especially for the foil of the main character, who himself gets 4/10 of the movie dedicated to his own psychological session.

The touch would not have happened if she didn't change. Its plain and simple.

My point is, and this comes from experience with ego that I remember building up as a defense when I was 14. It takes being blown the fuck out hard enough to shock you to your core to really change who you are as a person.

He had no interest in healing the pilots. Hell, he probably wanted them to be mentally unstable.

Fucking genius.

Yeah, what she needed was a Shinji that would not only listen, be loving and caring but also confront her about her problems and that really is somewhat above what a 14 year old who you've just met a few months back can provide.

Shinji got quite close to breaching her mental barriers in the show but then all that end of the world shit happened.

Her problem was never her JUST her mother being dead. Don't know where you got that.

Encountering her mother isn't regression. Its letting someone in and allowing sympathy and pride to come from someone other than herself. Instead of having to conjure it up out of thin air and constantly maintain the air of confidence.

Kaji was her trying to prove that she's an adult and "independent" despite the irony of it all.

>in this moment she only became more dependent on it
She was dependent on reinforcing her own ego, not on her mother's life force. Her mother just didn't get poked by the Hedgehog spines.

Could've gotten worse and more dependent on Unit 02 if she had survived, which is why its important that she dies, showing that even that is not enough.

Or it could've been a sign that its okay to let other people in, that's she's not buried alive any more and can start progressing.

This.

>Her problem was never her JUST her mother being dead. Don't know where you got that.
I never said her problem was just her dead mother. Don't know where you got that.

>She was dependent on reinforcing her own ego, not on her mother's life force.
The root cause is the loss of her mother, for which Asuka is overcompensating for. She is obsessed with something she'll never be able to change, and her delusions are deeply rooted in that fact. Piloting the EVA is also a negative for Asuka, so the scene represents Asuka lashing out and regressing, which is why she dies at the end.

It is not a "sign that it's OK to let other people in", because her mother is not truly "other people". Asuka was a lost cause that would never progress in her life, and the narrative acknowledge this by introducing a plot device to animate her for a few scenes.

The main point however, is that Asuka in EoE and the final part of Evangelion has no effective character development. The character isn't supposed to have it either, as Asuka is merely a foil and a plot device for other characters. The character development some people argue that Asuka has, is in fact their own projection.

Evangelion 4.0/Final when

Never ever.
And it's probably for the best anyway.

IT'S GENDO.

I know that feel user. I know.

>muh therapy
I'm loving this meme.

Does NERV represent a sort of modern day Knights Templar?

Does anyone have that fic of Shinji being confrontational with Asuka which finally made him and her work out a relationship?

No, but I do have a redirect
>>>/evageeks/
>>>/gaia/

It all starts with a mother consumed in her work, then literally eaten by it, and discarding Asuka for a stuffed toy. From there, a father also distracted by work and a stepmom talking about walking out. So Asuka declares herself an adult, not a child dependent on everyone and vulnerable to just not being wanted. Shinji is a little boy who refuses her gracious invitations to raise himself to her level, engaging with him anyway would make her a little girl. But she's willing to be a little girl to a mother who's there and wants her.

You mean Re-Take?
Evageeks has a nice wiki though

That's about it. The community is utter cancer.

>a group of deluded old men that claimed to have a greater mission but ended up shitting themselves and dying in the desert after achieving nothing
Sounds about right

Where did the Knights Templar are Illuminati meme come from?

Spotted the shitskin.

If by old men you man the Seele council, they pretty much succeeded.

>Evageeks has a nice wiki though
It includes fanon without citation or notes.

psychotherapy can't fix mentally retarded people

Succeeded in being manipulated by Gendo you mean. They never had anything going for them besides blindly following the scrolls and hoping that it somehow turns out good for them in the end. They did clone a bunch of Kaworus and made some freaky EVAs but it lead them literally nowhere.

Only for stuff that doesn't have an official explanation. They usually write something like "the general consensus on x is that" when they don't have a source

They seemed to be satisfied with how things turned out at the beginning of Instrumentality.

>They seemed to be satisfied with how things turned out at the beginning of Instrumentality.
Because Gendo failed at the last moment for a completely unrelated reason. At no point before did they have an upper hand. And even then they were more of a death cult seeing how they never had a way to affect how the instrumentality itself goes, unlike Gendo.
>you've succeeded in anticipating the end of the world and waiting for it rain down on your head

you mean the end of eva?

There are a lot of those in manga form and just written, here's one i read recently, just adorable, this fic might have them a bit out of character but not so much that you would really notice.

m.fanfiction.net/s/6895532/1/

Would it change anything though?
Shinji was actually making quite a progress with his mental state, until incident with Unit 03 and after that things went to shit in rapid succession- Shinji runs away, gets swallowed by EVA, Kaworu appears. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I'm pretty sure it's way too short for any therapy to take effect.
The same goes for Asuka. It wouldn't shield her from the mind rape.
Proper mental care could make them both more honest and open with their feelings and allow them to forge stronger relationship with each other and the rest of the cast, but it wouldn't prevent third impact from happening. Psychotherapy isn't magic. Even with all the meds involved there are still people who are too far gone, or simply too reluctant to accept any help

Therapy is a meme, though. It only works for those who don't actually have any problems.

>using a therapist
>when every character in the show is fucked in the head

i'vebeen in therapy for 3 years and i'm still a piece of shit, what makese you think it'd work for people with real problems?

That's objectively false. Source: myself.

Couldn't tell desu. I'm too poor to afford one and don't know anyone with any experiences in that area

Could have just did your own research online instead of spouting shit.

It's helped me a bit so far, and I definitely had (have) a real problem.

Too much effort dess

t. Anons who never had any real problems

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

Or why not just make a shit ton of rei clones and use them so you would never be in short supply of a pilot

Good joke.

Was suggesting an alternative for the user, unless you misquoted on the latter.

>Cred Forums- Armchair Psychology

It's not a joke. What makes you think it is?

>Muh psychologists

Let me tell you that's fucking bullshit. They are simply just a fuck to hear your weird shit and give you candy. They ain't helping anyone that much, certainly not enough in this situation.

I study wikipedia articles user
Don't fuck with me

Gendo is pretty alpha. Being that powerful gets the pussy, but chairman Keel was alpha over him with his Jewgolds.

Look, what I can tell you is there are a lot of shit psychologists, but that doesn't mean good ones don't exist or they don't help people with their problems.

>"help"
>"people"
Good one.

Your over-eagerness to blog in a prominent fashion immediately typecasts you as exactly the type of metrosexual normalfag shit who actually "benefits" from therapy.

You didn't need help you needed a sounding board to bitch to.

I cannot fully agree.

I think the main point was that the pilots need to be old enough to do rational decisions (many agree this is starting from 14 years, due to the child brain being developed to the stage where "adulthood" starts). This is why the pilots are not super young - not able to comprehend situations or do rational decisions.

The pilot cannot be too close to adulthood. As EVA-units require a mothers soul for the partial merging of souls (sync ratio) - which in turn is a metaphor for pregnancy - a mentally grown up adult cannot pilot the EVA for they have "outgrown" also their parental bonds. The loss of the pilots mother leaves the pilot yearning for what was lost (and as Asuka realizes the EVA is in fact her mother, her sync ratio jumps from 0 to near berserk-inducing levels).

So the mental trauma of the pilot does not matter. Obedience is a "must" for any pilot - however Asuka, Shinji and Rei all break orders from time to time (sometimes with grave consequences).

>Kek la kek
>not retarded

>you didn't need help
I attempted suicide twice. But yeah, no big deal, right? I totally don't need help, especially if a random person on a vietnamese tapestry board claims I don't.

Japan is pretty fucked up in multiple ways.
They don't believe alcoholism is a thing, even though so much of japan drinks ultra heavily.

They don't believe in psychologists. You basically deal with your shit by yourself and don't let it affect others. And if you can't do that, you're a failure.

Gays are shunned in Japan due to the fact that being gay doesn't help continue the family line.

And for whatever reason, they are convinced their culture is super sophisticated that foreigners couldn't possibly understand. Even being able to use something as simple as chopsticks will surprise many japanese people.

I sincerely doubt your "attempts" were damnable in any way. You probably downed a bunch of OTC shit because you were so "committed" to dying.

Even if I did, so what? If someone is feeling suicidal they definitely need help.
But I'm wasting words here. You look like the kind of retard who denies mental illnesses exist altogether just to spite the tumblr crowd. Here's your last (You).

Eh just ignore the fag, seems hes been shitting on the idea of therapy for a lot of the thread.

I honestly love NGE threads

>I attempted suicide twice. But yeah, no big deal, right
Where there's a will, there's a way. A person who truly wants to die will always find a way to do so. Are you female by chance? It's usually them who attempt the lesser of the lethal methods available.

Suicidality isn't black and white, it's a sliding scale. And it doesn't have to be all the way at the black end of the spectrum for it to be a problem.

>It only works for those who don't actually have any problems
That's quite the statement. Therapy works for just about everyone, but that only applies if the person genuinely wants to change for the better, otherwise it's pointless and a waste of time.

At least this one has some discussion.

Actually, Japan is not impressed by your chopstick use.

I've heard so many stories about japanese people complimenting foreigners on their use of chopsticks, like its a surprise that they can handle two pieces of wood.

Well, I know some German, went to Germany, no one is the least interested and rather want to speak English (for practice?).

Good that the japs are even somehow intrigued or reacting.

>Even being able to use something as simple as chopsticks will surprise many japanese people
>''oh wow, foreigners know how to eat with bronze age asian technology.''

>(for practice?).
It's because they don't want to be the one to put up with someone speaking their language bad. So rather than get annoyed by you speaking German like a retard and them having to make an effort to understand you, they prefer speaking English and putting that burden on you.

>no one is the least interested and rather want to speak English
Yeah, whenever I'm forced to study something with refugees I also prefer to speak english with them sometimes because their german is pretty bad.

Anybody else wish Gendo and Shinji would've gotten time to bond in 2.0 during the dinner scene that was sadly busted because of the Bardiel incident?

>>Shinji spending time with a good male role model

Kaji was the closest thing to that. Then he died

>Gendo being a little bit less cold towards Shinji
Explained as him not wanting to because he believed he couldn't be loved
>Shinji spending time with a good male role model
Kaji died
>Picking a different pilot instead of Shinji
Had to be Shinji, Rei could pilot it but after a while it rejected her
>sending asuka to therapy
Yeah this would've helped but Asuka would be too proud to do it
>Gendo not fucking trusting a clone-angel-freak thing with the fate of humanity
He couldn't have started instrumentality his way without Rei

He said could, most bad shit happened just because the illuminati jews are moving things behind the scene to fuck things up.

Doesn't change the fact that he literally kissed a guy. Fucking gay.

That fucker could have fixed all the troubles in his life had he open his hearth a little more to his son.
I know he Shinji is Gendo 2.0 but really, you have a man that has been starving for love all his life and then distances the only one captable of loving him outside of his wife.
If something, anything made him realise the love he was searching for was the same love he could have gave to his son then maybe this wouldn't end in tang.

?

Well thats what makes the show a tragedy.

The characters all have emotional problems that could be solvable, but they are unable to or unwilling to make those changes.
So they all suffer and the world ends.

I know that, i'm just stating the obvious like OP.

I'm not sure how a psychotherapist would handle kids piloting giant robots to save the world.

Who says he didnt? How did her soul get into the eva or whatever?

I spilled some soap suds on my hand the other day, and I looked my hand for a second.

Fucking anime.

Well it wouldn't help them in the battles themselves, but it was certainly help their mental state outside.

What use are pilots if they are too fucked up to function?

Asuka is a great example. She got caught up in her issues that her sync rate with her eva dropped to the point of her being useless.

Which just exacerbated her already existing inferiority complex.

>Do you believe that maybe the reason you feel so calm in an envoirment full of blood smelling liquid is because you miss your mother's womb?

Boo fucking Hoo. Get on with it and get in the fucking mech. The end. What a fucking retard.

You know theres multiple reasons why child soldiers generally aren't used outside shithole countries.

Kill youself

Why does the concept of therapy trigger you so much?

I couldn't care less.

Because I am not a faggot

You do sound mad tho

He's obviously a fag in denial criying for attention.

T. Butthurt retard that is seeking psychiatric help

He also could've solved everyone's problem with instrumentality

But shinji had to pussy out and reject being with everyone

Real answer:

What makes you think psychotherapists are even a thing in the post-Second Impact world?

We're talking about a world where, even before the fucking apocalypse, they had active meta-biology colleges in universities around the world. They were in the process of, and after Second Impact finished, developing technology to move souls from one body to another, and also create gigantic humanoid god-clones.

In the series itself, they were monitoring the pilots' psychological signs constantly. Ritsuko was the one in charge of that, and they talked not only about sync rates but various other issues, doing constant tests, and using their tech to basically monitor the pilots brainwaves and capacity to mentally handle the situation.

I'd say the implication is that psycho-therapy as a concept didn't survive the Second Impact where an entire generation barely scraped by in the ruins of the old world, and this brand new one was run by sentient brain-powered super-computers and mood measuring tech, and the entire thing was run by a mad scientist with a weird elektra complex who was fucking her mom's old boyfriend.

All they cared about was that the gauges showed the pilots weren't too mentally disturbed to pilot. They couldn't have fixed the pilots if they tried, because even when their technology showed there was a problem, the people at the top were too hilariously broken to do anything about it, and it's possible nobody with the training TO do anything about it survived the hell that came after the year 2000. Certainly nobody with that training was in the employ of NERV.

Also, even if they DID have a therapist on hand, it'd probably be this guy, because Anno was gay for Ikuhara like that, and also he'd fit how fucked up everyone is.