Ever still laugh when you remember some of the actors Ghibli has picked for...

Blake Johnson
Blake Johnson

Ever still laugh when you remember some of the actors Ghibli has picked for western dubs?

Landon Russell
Landon Russell

I wouldn't know because I haven't watched a single dub since 2000, live action or otherwise.

Dominic Nguyen
Dominic Nguyen

Christian Bale volunteered himself for voice acting for Howl's as he'd been impressed by Spirited Away immensely. Quite possibly the first ghibli film he saw.
Now whether you consider his take was well done or not is entirely up to you.

Carter Martin
Carter Martin

I honestly couldn't get over hearing Billy Crystal and Christian Bale when someone first showed me Howl's Moving Castle. It just seemed so ridiculous.

Nolan Davis
Nolan Davis

But does dubsman watch his anime subbed or dubbed?
But gotta say, I find it kinda funny how Bale is welsh and in the book Howl himself was welsh too, too bad it never comes up in the movie

Owen Butler
Owen Butler

But he was good in it lmao
"he watches dubs"
xd Xd xD nice bait
xd kys

Ayden Garcia
Ayden Garcia

Why would I laugh? Christian Bale is incredibly based.

Connor Clark
Connor Clark

Christian Bale
thread about Dubs

It is amazing that none has post that American Psycho meme yet

Gavin Lee
Gavin Lee

check 'em

Eli Morris
Eli Morris

Because we all acknowledged that it's funny without needing to meme post, faggot.

Brandon Stewart
Brandon Stewart

Does anyone remember that picture of Michael Jackson with an Evangelion manga in his bag? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Angel Brown
Angel Brown

lel dub memes
Fuck you it is never funny in any contexts. It's fucking cancerous

Isaiah Perez
Isaiah Perez

I just can't believe A-list actors being in anime has only made Ghibli more popular, not anime in general.

Jeremiah Cook
Jeremiah Cook

I think the Disney brand pushing Ghibli is what matters a lot more. And in that context it makes sense.

Hunter White
Hunter White

The general public only sees Ghibli as acceptable to watch as an individual, and shuns all other anime

Gavin Anderson
Gavin Anderson

Beetlejuice was Porco Rosso.

Logan Thompson
Logan Thompson

Disney pushing Ghibli makes sense. I'm surprised they haven't tried to get Shinkai's stuff yet.

Mason Barnes
Mason Barnes

Disney wasn't pushing Ghibli. John Lasseter is an enormous weeaboo faggot with a hard on for Miyazaki.

Alexander Barnes
Alexander Barnes

I don't think Spirited Away won the Oscar because of Lasseter senpai. And most animators love Miyazaki.

Leo Gutierrez
Leo Gutierrez

The Oscars
Yeah I'm sure Big Hero 6 totally deserved that Oscar too.

The animation category in the Oscars is a joke, not one person in Hollywood takes it seriously.

John Lasseter is literally the Steve Wozniak of Pixar. He made it what it is. Of course people take what he says seriously.

Jose Wilson
Jose Wilson

I wish Kate Blanchett was my mommy.

Joseph Ramirez
Joseph Ramirez

Why?

Daniel Nguyen
Daniel Nguyen

They did a really good job.

Andrew Harris
Andrew Harris

Checked

Jose Cook
Jose Cook

autism?

Landon King
Landon King

did someone say dubs?

Austin Rivera
Austin Rivera

In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

Aiden Fisher
Aiden Fisher

Kawaii as fuck.

Actually, this always scared the shit out of me. Almost as much as the Bilbo jump scare.

Dominic Thompson
Dominic Thompson

shitting on dubs
get dubs

Kek, also checked

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith

poetry

Jordan Sanchez
Jordan Sanchez

You can hear where he developed that Batman growl on Howl.

Ethan Reed
Ethan Reed

Shinkai stuff is sad melodrama. That's not what Disney wants to market. Disney is emperor of happy go lucky fairytale epics.

Matthew Watson
Matthew Watson

RIP Phil Hartmann

Zachary Johnson
Zachary Johnson

Fucking Billy Crystal, his voice just fit perfectly.

Hudson Taylor
Hudson Taylor

Not a dub but Kimura Takuya as Howl and JP from Redline kinda trips me out, same as Oguri Shun voicing various characters like Captain Harlock and the main dudes from Rainbow and Wangan Midnight.