Ever still laugh when you remember some of the actors Ghibli has picked for western dubs?

Ever still laugh when you remember some of the actors Ghibli has picked for western dubs?

I wouldn't know because I haven't watched a single dub since 2000, live action or otherwise.

Christian Bale volunteered himself for voice acting for Howl's as he'd been impressed by Spirited Away immensely. Quite possibly the first ghibli film he saw.
Now whether you consider his take was well done or not is entirely up to you.

I honestly couldn't get over hearing Billy Crystal and Christian Bale when someone first showed me Howl's Moving Castle. It just seemed so ridiculous.

But does dubsman watch his anime subbed or dubbed?
But gotta say, I find it kinda funny how Bale is welsh and in the book Howl himself was welsh too, too bad it never comes up in the movie

But he was good in it lmao
>"he watches dubs"
>xd Xd xD nice bait
>xd kys

Why would I laugh? Christian Bale is incredibly based.

>Christian Bale
>thread about Dubs

It is amazing that none has post that American Psycho meme yet

check 'em

Because we all acknowledged that it's funny without needing to meme post, faggot.

Does anyone remember that picture of Michael Jackson with an Evangelion manga in his bag? I couldn't find it anywhere.

>lel dub memes
Fuck you it is never funny in any contexts. It's fucking cancerous

I just can't believe A-list actors being in anime has only made Ghibli more popular, not anime in general.

I think the Disney brand pushing Ghibli is what matters a lot more. And in that context it makes sense.

The general public only sees Ghibli as acceptable to watch as an individual, and shuns all other anime

>Beetlejuice was Porco Rosso.

Disney pushing Ghibli makes sense. I'm surprised they haven't tried to get Shinkai's stuff yet.

Disney wasn't pushing Ghibli. John Lasseter is an enormous weeaboo faggot with a hard on for Miyazaki.

I don't think Spirited Away won the Oscar because of Lasseter senpai. And most animators love Miyazaki.

>The Oscars
Yeah I'm sure Big Hero 6 totally deserved that Oscar too.

The animation category in the Oscars is a joke, not one person in Hollywood takes it seriously.

John Lasseter is literally the Steve Wozniak of Pixar. He made it what it is. Of course people take what he says seriously.

I wish Kate Blanchett was my mommy.

Why?

They did a really good job.

Checked

autism?

did someone say dubs?

In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!

Kawaii as fuck.

Actually, this always scared the shit out of me. Almost as much as the Bilbo jump scare.

>shitting on dubs
>get dubs

Kek, also checked

poetry

You can hear where he developed that Batman growl on Howl.

Shinkai stuff is sad melodrama. That's not what Disney wants to market. Disney is emperor of happy go lucky fairytale epics.

RIP Phil Hartmann

Fucking Billy Crystal, his voice just fit perfectly.

Not a dub but Kimura Takuya as Howl and JP from Redline kinda trips me out, same as Oguri Shun voicing various characters like Captain Harlock and the main dudes from Rainbow and Wangan Midnight.