Post yfw the hypest shonen arc ever is getting animated

Post yfw the hypest shonen arc ever is getting animated.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/new-baki-martial-arts-anime-will-portray-death-row-convicts-arc/.107029

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=70GxquyFGos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So what is this? Is the first time I've seen or heard of it

Same here, is it any good?

i watched like 3 eps few years ago, is manga worth getting into?

What the hell, the other thread died.

That's awesome, New Grappler Baki convict arc is some of the most absurd shit I ever read.

l u r k
m o r e

Its until final fight with AliĀ“s son? Or just the convicts?

People say it's like the Jojo of martial arts, it's simultaneously manly as fuck and incredibly gay. It also uses similar narrative devices, it's full of bullshit pseudo science and has a distinctive art style (which lots of people consider pretty ugly, you can judge yourself by the OP image). Starts out reasonably realistic and then keeps getting exponentially more ridiculous, but the tone is always serious which only makes it funnier.

No idea. Even if it's just convicts it would take a bunch of episodes, unless they do something like a recap movie cutting a lot of stuff.

JoJo is not gay faggot. There are campy poses, that's all.

I just hope it's good
Baki prisoner arc is like one of my favorite manga arcs of all time and I'm not sure it'll be done well
I guess it never hurts to have hope

Is the old anime worth re-watching, i remember it was mostly tournaments

Dunno what was the last fight or won at the end cause I was busy at school.

Also fuck memetobe is wrecking musashi

Son of Ogre is the best Baki, though.

Musashi's being actually retarded right now, shouldn't he be remotely cautious?

Are those drawings the character designs for the convicts in this anime, or those new manga covers that came out recently?

youtube.com/watch?v=70GxquyFGos

First time seeing this one. I wouldn't mind a CG series if it looked this good.

Is the new series direct sequel to old anime or is there some manga material in between to read?

Direct sequel.

Are the newest chapters of Baki Dou being translated? Also what do I miss skipping the first manga part if I watched the old anime? I Started reading from Prisoner Saga

How popular is this series in Japan?

New ova is a dream come true, so excited.

>being this much in denial

I'm sure it has a cult following and it's certainly the most important and successful series in Weekly Shonen Champion since it has over 100 volumes but the sales aren't spectacular compared to big shounen manga names (especially from WSJ).

It has 60+ million volumes sold.

Asides from that it's also the reason why a lot of people buy Shonen Champion.

InJapan the longest your manga runs = The most successful it is.

Yujiro's not in the convict saga much is he?

But there are funny moments of him in the convict saga.

hopefully they make some changes, so that whenever Yujiro's ofscreen, everyone's asking "where's yujiro?"

is this the series with that fucked up looking miyamoto musashi

I'd watch that

You think they'll actually do a full adaptation, or will they trim down a bunch of stuff? Also, you need at least the Chinese tournament to get a decent ending, otherwise it ends with Baki getting poisoned.

Baki anime tends to be shit, and that is saying a lot about a fucking Musashi fanfic. Somehow it just doesn't carry the same ridiculous ride as the manga

How the fuck is it that nobody ever replies when I make the threads, but when some nerd does it, it gets 22 posters?

It's incredibly good if you can read past the idiotic scanlations for some parts. The art is what matters, in the end.

Yes, but it's not the same 'series' as the Musashi one. That's series 4; this is series 2, and what is generally agreed upon as being the best arc of the manga. THIS is what you're in for with this OAD. And it won't be censored, because it's not TV.

Jojo is so gay, the CLAMP yaoi doujin made it less gay

The amount of ridiculous and fun in these series cannot be measured.
Most recent Baki-dou has a revived clone of musashi miyamoto and millions year old caveman saved from ice block ducking it out in an underground arena of what is technically worldwide martial arts black market

Wait, where the actual fuck did you get this week's raws? I need them so I can fucking TL them. None of the sites that I check have updated for 44 yet...

>Are the newest chapters of Baki Dou being translated?
Yes.

>Also what do I miss skipping the first manga part if I watched the old anime?
A few extra tertiary fights in the Maximum Tournament, some small bits of character development (Baki kissing Kozue), and the fact that Shibukawa's left eye is fake. That's basically all the significant things you miss. By God, is the Shibukawa reveal great, though.

scratch that, found the raws - gimme 30 minutes, I'll knock this chapter out, mes amis.

On the actual thread topic - hyped to see Sikorsky in action.

He does that with all his oppenent. He test them out by letting them beat the crap out of them and then just goes like " Oh well, this was interesting now let's do some major ass whooping and put you back into your place. "

Am I missing something? As far as I know, only a single OVA is confirmed, which obviously can't be a full adaptation or cover the other arcs in New Grappler.

So what's it gonna be then? A nonsensical, disjointed 40 minute highlight of the best parts of that arc from the manga? They haven't said there's gonna be more ovas, but if they said they're doing that arc it makes sense to assume it.

Can't wait to see Sikorsky getting Jacked in the bathroom.

I think testing the waters for a potential new TV series is more likely. The convict arc is about 150 chapters long, so even if you cut it down to size a bit you'd still have to do probably the longest OVA series of the last fifteen years to cover it (let alone the rest of New Grappler). I don't see that happening.

It's an OAD. We have no idea how long it is. Given how heavily and dramatically they're advertising the product - it's plastered all over the magazine, with "RESERVE YOUR COPY NOW" messages - I would imagine it's going to be longer than we think.

Also, there is this:
>The disc also contains a special video message from the author Itagaki and animated footage of the manga's popular scenes.
So you might get more fights than you'd think, and certain fights that you didn't expect.

Where is the new chapter

It's the 6th longest manga in Japan when you combine all the parts.

Yeah, forget what I said about that. The redraws (which I didn't notice in the Korean version) are going to take me longer than expected. I can probably be done in like 2 hours.

You must forgive me; I just finished like 12 semi-non-consecutive hours of general work on 105 - writing, redrawing, etc. It killed my brain and my will to expedite processes.

For now - here, have the featured character of the week, and my selected poem of the week.

This week's poem is my favorite excerpt from Paul Bowles' long poem "Next to Nothing":

"I have no idea of what is going to happen
or in which parts the pain will be.
We are only in spring, and spring has a twisting light.
Spring's images are made of crystal and cannot be recalled.
There will be suffering, but you know how to coax it.
There will be memories, but they can be deflected.
There will be your heart still moving
in the wind that has not stopped flying westward,
and you will give a signal. Will someone see it?"
-Bowles,

Let me know if you like it.

You probably answered in a previous thread, but where'd that batch of chapters 117 through 125 come from? Random LQ job?

I got bored and decided to piss off Reichan. They actually stopped putting out chapters because of me evidently, because they haven't done even 126 yet, despite him saying that they would.

by-the-by, my 126 is on batoto, we just didn't stick it on the spinyback reader yet because we're lazy and I don't particularly care. On that note, 105 should probably be out tomorrow. Or tonight. I dunno when the fuck the guy who uploads them wakes up anymore.

Arbitrary upload from what I'm doing on 127 right now. Death is staring me in the face from overwork. I feel like an average Nip.

I wonder if they're changing the VA cast.

Hope so.

I hope not. I'm familiarized with Yujiro's voice.

PICKLE FUCKING WHEN

>looks fucking great, can't wait to play this game
>it's a pachinko machine

post yfw this scene gets animated

fuug

The anatomy turns me off no matter how good the story is.
I just don't care.

the story is garbage too, it's all about the fights.

I was the same way but after a bit you stop being bothered by it, it's just stylized. Unlike some other "bad artists", Itagaki is at least consistent with himself and has a great understanding of how to frame things to communicate action and impact well.

Don't get me wrong, I still can enjoy stylized drawing like Shigurui though.
But not with this one. I think it is not for me.

a shame. it's the best martial arts manga hands-down, imo.

People think Itagaki is a bad artist? That's a shame, I could look at his art for hours it's so outrageous and confident.

I don't read it but I've always thought his art was absolutely perfect for a crazy martial-arts manga. Everyone looks so fuckin hard and powerful, like beasts made of steel cable.

This fight is totally badass.

I like the steel cable explanation. Look at this shit it's crazy.

Dhalsim can come back from that.

>new baki
holy fuck, about damn time, now hopefully they won't do that retarded CG shit they did with the last 2 seasons this will be good.