Talks shit an entire arc about how even if Kenshin did break his vow and use a real sword he'd still lose

>Talks shit an entire arc about how even if Kenshin did break his vow and use a real sword he'd still lose
>Minutes into his fight with Kenshin takes a shit ton of blows that would've been fatal if Kenshin had been using a real sword
Is there a bigger jobber?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0k7oaV0Csc8
youtube.com/watch?v=nrJYBW7uYH0
youtube.com/watch?v=xedqB0wALJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=swHyRAKufOA
youtube.com/watch?v=WLHzxXRmoJ0
youtu.be/g05L8H22SpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>weakness is fire
>ability is fire
He was basically designed to lose.
It's a wonder he held on for as long as he did.

Kenshin would of lost the fight entirely if not for Shishio's condition. Never seen such a cop out.

The whole point was warriors like Kenshin fading away into irrelevancy. Shishio was a faggot who couldn't let go of the past and it killed him. That's been a recurring theme in the series: all these assholes who set themselves up as villains can't let the war go end up driving themselves to self-destruction and death. The protags are people who let that shit go and try to move on.

maybe thats the point but he went down in a blaze of glory
its like saying germany lost in ww2 because they fought both us and russia

>muh edgeless katana

>Is there a bigger jobber?
Sano

No, they lost because they fought Russia and because of incompetent leadership.
They lost the air-battle against England because Hitler decided to use the planes for air-raids instead of actually winning that battle.
The Americans came to the continent when the war was already over but quickly declared themselves the victors and nobody was around to disagree because England and consorts were so deeply in debt with the USA and Russia doesn't get a say because they were dirty communists.

Well, at least the USA managed to defeat Japan.

>he went down in a blaze of glory
He died with his entire legacy erased and the survivors of the movement moving on or committing suicide.

>its like saying germany lost in ww2 because they fought both us and russia
>Fought two countries with comparatively endless industrial capacity and resources

It's more complicated than that as says, but it's not wrong.

>Enishi
Now there was a quality villain. Had a genuine reason to want to kill the MC, had a real history with him, it's easy to sympathise with him wanting Kenshin dead, and he completely murked Kenshin both mentally and physically on multiple occasions and didn't need shitty gimmicks to do it.

Shishio was a beta faggot compared to this guy.

Just started this shit, does it ever get good?

Kenshin is awesome, you just have bad taste. Sorry, we can't do anything for you.

who's this hottie?

Bump

Stop doing empty bumps. If you have something to say, say it. If you have nothing to say, allow the thread to die.
There will be other Kenshin threads.

This.

All Kenshin wanted is to move on, yet all these fags refused and had to bug him with it.

Makoto CCO

If Kenshin used a real sword, there'd be no villain and fights would last less than a single episode.

Yet he still was the more interesting and entertaining villain. Enishi's emoshit made me yawn to no end.

If he used a real sword and tried to kill his opponents

No, if Kenshin used a norma sword then he would one way or another become the villian.

And Kenshin would probably won't be staying at Kaoru for very long.

>He died with his entire legacy erased and the survivors of the movement moving on or committing suicide.
Except Japan ended up embracing something pretty close to Shishio's philosophy later so his legacy didn't even die.
If anything, he was ultimately proven right since their own country choose his beliefs over Kenshin's.

Rurouni Kenshin had a solid ost. This track sent shivers down my spine when I first heard it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0k7oaV0Csc8

He'd technically "lose" at that point. Many of the fights in the story aren't about brute force, but mental strength and firm belief in their way of life.

Isn't that suppose to be the theme though. Kenshin did some fuck up shit and wanted to put it behind him, but that doesnt mean that the people around him that were effected by it were just gonna forget it

kenshin beating sojiro was fucking bullshit. he should've lost that fight

It gets good around when Jine shows up. After that things really take off.

just posting the perfect version
dat head split, i loled hard

Kenshin spent 3 seasons jobbing.

I just like character like Kenshin's master. Undoubtedly the strongest person in the entire world but doesn't care if anyone knows it or not. Genius, intuitive, muscular, fast, perfect...so he makes nice pots alone in a mountain somewhere and berates his tiny disciple that should never have picked up the most taxing swordstyle in history.

>The Americans came to the continent when the war was already over
G8 b8 m8. Your offensives in France, Sicily,a and Italy were all going smashingly before the US showed up. Yes, clearly the war was on its last legs in 1941.

True. It's what is happening in Vinland Saga too.

His theme was great in the Live-Action remake

youtube.com/watch?v=nrJYBW7uYH0

Are you on drugs? Shishio was the definition of boring; one of the most paint-by-numbers, uninspiring villains in all of Shounen. The only interesting thing about him was his design. That's it. Everything else was sleep-inducing drivel. Enishi at the very least had a personality, and his story was far more interesting.

The same guy did the ost for Tenchu and the way of the samurai games. I love his work.

Are the live action movies worth watching? This is coming from a big fan. Does it cover everything in the manga?

The first may as well be it's own thing as it doesn't hint at anything in the other two right after it

Oh and they replaced the actor for Yahiko in one from the next two for some reason

Shishio was great. I know the whole survival of the fittest shit is really over used, but Shishio was right in believing in it, he was worried about Japan being colonized. He did everything for his country.

Shishio literally did nothing wrong and the only kind of faggots who disliked him are Enishifags

>even remembering anything about this shit anime

pretty sure you're on the spectrum lad.

I remember my friends having a party to watch this showdown when it aired on Toonami.

We had a barbecue.

whats Cred Forums's opinion on the live action movie?

>ever forgetting this song

youtube.com/watch?v=xedqB0wALJ0

I've never liked Sobakasu in japanese or english. Same with 1/2.

welp guess I'm rewatching this this weekend

what type of virgin watches op and eds

it's great for archiving old videos that get taken down

Nekki Basara?

People weren't listening to his song.

Enishi was a little bit throwing a tantrum with power he got out of nowhere.

Shishio had the charisma and charm of being a self-made man aiming to the top to save the country he loves from a very real danger nobody is preparing for.

He was basically a samurai Godfather. Enishi is your typical "you kill my X so I gonna torture you" run of the mill baddie with Mary Sue abilities. Basically feudal Sasuke.

Are there any Samurai animes as good as RK?

>she will never put you ear on you back and hug you
>you will never ride in a bike with her along the sunflower fields

there's this

samurai camploo ok as well

Kenshin had to fight some very tough fights before even making it to him.

>Enishi was a little bit throwing a tantrum with power he got out of nowhere.

He trained in kenjutsu and got further training as he moved up the ranks of the Triad.

It's not rocket science.

>tantrum

Getting revenge over your sister's killer isn't a "tantrum".

In Shishio's defense, he also had to tank most of the characters before fighting Kenshin. But they were all weak and exhausted, and Shishio was in top form.

I guess Kenshin's victory is still more impressive.

>Getting revenge over your sister's killer isn't a "tantrum".
It is when you refuse to use reason and fucking find what really happened. Again, like Sasuke.

>It is when you refuse to use reason and fucking find what really happened

Are you retarded? He saw Kenshin kill his sister and he knows his sister became Kenshin's wife in order to get revenge for her fiancee.

You're using what you know as a reader and assuming that characters who aren't supposed to know to know the same thing as you.

You'd be a shit author if you ever wrote anything. End yourself.

They're pretty entertaining but not perfect. Most of the Juppongatana in movies 2 and 3 except Anji, Cho and Sojiro don't get to do much (Saito kills Usui in about ten seconds), and they skip Sanosuke learning Futami Kiwami (though he still gets a decent fight with Anji).

Writing and acting is fine, costumes and sets are nice, and the fight scenes are really cool despite some iffy wire work in spots - Kenshin vs Cho, Aoshi vs Okina and Shishio vs everyone at once are my favorites. Fun to watch for both fans and new viewers, in my opinion.

Reminds me of Bram Stoker's Dracula a little bit. Which makes that part where Shishio bites Kenshin's neck even funnier in retrospect.

It was tho, the reds were gonna win by a landslide victory.
What do you think would happen after Berlin was taken over?
The entire idea behind the US joining the war was rushing that side up so that the allies could have a chance to catch up to the soviet army and compete for german territory.
The western allies basically were dealing with simple garrissons left there to stall them while the most elite and bunk of the nazi troops were being rushed to the russian front in a effort to stop them.

Where is our Kenshin reboot anime

>Adopted by a loving rich japanese family as a child.
>Kills all of them and steals all of their money because he was jealous of their happiness.

Other characters in the series suffered far worse than his "muh sister" motive.

like who?

Deen attempted it and it was garbage.

>minutes

How long do you expect a fucking sword fight to last?

Not so much jobbing, but this is what you call COMPOSURE

It took literal spontaneous human combustion to stop this man. Nigga was OP as fuck.

He just didnt give 2 fucks if his ability was fire when his weakness was that, or that that place was full of fire and oil.

Shishio was just a beast anyways, that guy had his body all fucked up and still took damage like a madman and fought in that place against everyone(he challenged everyone like the madman he was) despite knowing he had a fighting timelimit.
The only thing he didn't expect was the kid leaving him like that and that the kid got emotions that lead him to lose against Kenshin. But that kid still gave him important information of how Kenshi fought.
In the end what matters is that Seijuro was the strongest and if he gave a fuck other than drinking he could have finished things early and bang the 2 ninjas at the same time later that night.

Even dying didn't stop his ambition. He ended up trying to take over hell with his dead crew.

He was double teamed and still had the upper hand. If you want to get fully logical about it, him being double teamed puts him at a far greater disadvantage than if it was just him and Kenshin with Kenshin using a real sword.

How does Enishi fit this? He's the complete opposite of this considering how much the war fucked him over.

That being said, this is so fucking true. Enishi coming out of nowhere and all of a sudden being far better than anyone else that isn't Kenshin's trainer, that one little kid, and maybe Shishio was mad frustrating. It would've been a far more interesting arc if Enishi would've done something far more practical for someone like his character like being some kind of guy who had been legit planning something since that very day. There's absolutely zero reason for him to be that physically skilled.

>would of

to be fair he probably succeeded too.

>He was double teamed and still had the upper hand. If you want to get fully logical about it, him being double teamed puts him at a far greater disadvantage than if it was just him and Kenshin with Kenshin using a real sword.
Not to mention at least one of those characters legitimately tried to kill him.

If he didn't manage to pull it off with the people he had when we last saw him, he just needed to kill time until stragglers like Soujiro show up.

I love this guy

It's top5 power level shounen.

Shishio won though.

"the strong shall live and the weak shall die."

Kenshin was strong and Shishio was weak.

I would say Shura no Toki is worth watching, even if it's not as good as Kenshin.

Most of the really good ones like Lone Wolf & Cub, Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, etc. never got proper anime adaptations.

Enishi hit the jackpot and got to study writings from Chinese commanders who were developing counter strategies to Japanese weapons/martial arts from all raids that were carried out on their coast.

But rising to the top in the continent in any other case made Enishi impressive to challenge the best in Japan.

>Even if I lose, I win
Just sophistry. He lost according to his own philosophy.

I think Kenshin vs Jine and Soujiro vs Kenshin in Rengoku were also great. The Kenshin vs random soldiers during the Bakumatsu was also an awesome fight scene.

>dat woodwind
youtube.com/watch?v=swHyRAKufOA

He was literally plot powered, don't try and make sense of his bullshit.

Just bad writing.

Which Kenshin had a fucking TON of, looking back.

Kenshin taking down those thugs in Kaoru's dojo barehanded was also cool, and I like how they mirrored that in the third movie when the police came to arrest him.

Funniest bit was Kenshin and friends watching a kabuki play about the Battousai in part 2. I liked that the movies retained a sense of humor without getting too "oro oro" levels of wacky.

The correct thing is to say that Shishio was right rather than winning. Kenshin had to best him in a fight thus proving Shishio's philosophy.

Why did Tomoe slice his face? Very rude of her.

>jobber
That word does not mean what you think it means

This nigger conquered hell, have some respect.

How isn't Enishi a self-made man? He literally rose to the top of a Continent-wide criminal empire all by himself.

Post your favorite ED.

Hard mode: no Heart of Sword

youtube.com/watch?v=WLHzxXRmoJ0

damn, I forgot about that. I want a spinoff of him conquering hell.

It's Gonna Rain
youtu.be/g05L8H22SpQ

>He was double teamed and still had the upper hand.
Everyone he fought was injured and severely fatigued beforehand, while he was completely refreshed.

Tweaked plot to fit movie format. The characters are spot on. Especially Kaoru & Sanosuke