ITT: Unpopular opinions

ITT: Unpopular opinions

>Cowboy Bebop is garbage
>KLK is better than TTGL
>SoL is the best genre
>Re:Zero is mediocre trash with cancerous fanbase

How is that an unpopular opinion?

I still can't understand why I didn't like Cowboy Bebop, depspite it having EVERYTHING that I love in it, it drives me crazy.. maybe I'll try again in a couple of years

>cancerous fanbase
What this really means is a fanbase where the people are fans and therefore you can't manipulate them into thinking the show is shit in your opinion, thinking your opinion means shit in the first place

This is an unpopular opinion?

Those opinions are pretty popular, user.

I don't care for many of the so-called "sacred cow" dubs, especially pic-related which is unfunny garbage

To me it was the impression that it's basically all style no substance. All the things that everyone considers deep or touching about it just fell flat for me and seemed super shallow. For instance, I couldn't care less about Spike's backstory, Vicious and that annoying woman, I thought all that was really redundant, and if that was supposed to be important, the authors failed to make it appear so. I think they should've stuck with episodic adventures and tongue-in-cheek humor. Mind you, I'm absolutely not one of those strictly against shifts in tone from light-hearted and quirky to serious and melancholy, I just think that here those shifts were poorly handled, and there's no organic cohesion of those two aspects.

Cowboy Bebop not that good only ending is good.

LoGH is a spherical overrated shit in a vacuum.

>Cowboy Bebop is garbage
I love it personally
>KLK is better than TTGL
both are terrible
>SoL is the best genre
what's sol
mm about the show - it tried to do
genre destructuration like nge or madoka, but failed because of the lack of realism and taste to do something better than just another fantasy harem
and it became just another fantasy harem with ruined good idea
about the fanbase - true

>what's sol
>this whole post

Why do I have to share Cred Forums with underaged faggots who can't lurk more?

I agree with all of these.

Newfag please go.

>SoL is the best genre
you know out of all your opinions this one's gotta trigger me the most, the worst part is a large portion of this board would agree with you

I'm convinced I love anime but only like about 10 worlds

>sol
>best genre
>best
>genre
die in a tire fire

>cowboy bebop is garbage
Nope, very well made, too western for you maybe?

>klk is better than ttgl
Absolute irredeemable shit taste. Ttgl isn't even THAT good, but it's fun. KLK was a clusterfuck that had no idea what it wanted to be. It failed on nearly everything it tried.

>Sol is the best genre
Disagree, but there are enough good series that I could respect someone with good taste in SoL

>re:zero
Haven't seen

That's fun. You don't like Bebop, Golden Boy, or Pizza Cats?

It's overrated, but still great.

Here are mine:
>Cel animation is far visually superior than digitial animation, even modern digital animation.

>aside from a few standouts, the worst era for anime was the 00's, and things have steadily improved since 2010

>cute for the sake of cute is generally boring unless it is really funny or well directed

>That's fun. You don't like Bebop, Golden Boy, or Pizza Cats?
Kind hard to judge bebop since it's been a while since I've watched it, but from what I remember it was pretty good.As for Golden Boy, I remember MC's voice being kinda annoying but it's been a while since i've watched it in it's entirety. I prefer Teyandee to Pizza Cats, I'm kind of a purist and ad-libbed gag dubs don't do anything for me.

I can appreciate both.

For example, the first time I ever saw Digimon Adventure it was in japanese, I checked out the three movie mashup in english and it's been one of my favorite things to watch when I need a laugh.

Joke dubs have a place, I wish they still were around.

I think the most cancerous thing about Re:Zero is not even the fans right now, but the all the anti-fans recently who hate on it as a way to try and fit in.

Seen so many garbage newfag posts like these lately that don't get called out just because they say "reddit:zero" or something in their post.

t. reddit:zero fag

>all style no substance
Style is substance, especially for Cowboy Bepop.
>I thought all that was really redundant, and if that was supposed to be important, the authors failed to make it appear so
You were never supposed to care about Vicious and Julia, that's something people misinterpret about the show. The two of them are active detriments to Spike and he has no real reason to get so worked up about them (Faye and Jet say as much themselves), but he does because of the tragedy of the character.
>those shifts were poorly handled, and there's no organic cohesion of those two aspects
I'll have to disagree.

>two correct opinions
>two incorrect opinions

anime sucks

>Cowboy Bebop is garbage

I love Dogakobo, but New Game and Sansha Sanyou might be the worse series I seen this year. New Game was a good waifu bait series though, and that last scene in the literally last few seconds of the show were actually funny.

Aim for the top is Garbage
Any Gundam > Eva
Manga is a terrible medium

Chu2 Ren was okay

Strike Witches < Sky Girls

Do you just have a hateboner for Anno?

I don't know how anyone could say this. New Game and Sansha were both great series, especially if you're a fan of most Dogakobo stuff. I'm not sure what people expected out of these series. The VA work in Sansha was outstanding and Dogakobo adapting something out of Kirara made for one of the better shows I've seen this year.

No I just thought having your giant robots plugged into the wall was dumb.

Gundam SEED Destiny is the best anime of all time. Iron Blooded Orphans comes close to dethroning it.

Shitgatari belongs in the trash

I kind of agree wit the Bebop thing. I mean I don't think it's garbage but I just can't get into it at all. It just doesn't jive with me, I guess.

Mushroom Samba was stupidly overrated.

Wind Rises > Kaguya-hime
Kon has never made anything close to a masterpiece

You call those unpopular opinions, I'll give you an unpopular opinion:
Sora no Woto was a shitshow that went nowhere with a deluded and militant fanbase.

Jesus man.

He is a redittor.

Not that unpopular, it's not well liked outside of its little cult.

> KLK is better than TTGL
It would have been if it kept up the pacing. As is, it's not even comparable.
> SoL is the best genre
kys

>kys

When will this garbage meme word get filtered? Fuck off underaged shitter.

> people aren't laughed off the site for preferring dubs
Remember when Cred Forums was good?

Anime that tries way too hard to be gritty and serious isn't enjoyable. I want to watch something entertaining, and death isn't entertaining.

> Aim for the top is Garbage
How about you murder yourself?

Haremshit has never been handled well.
Idolshit has never been handled well.
Yuri is literally ruining anime.
All mech series are the same.
EVA and Meguka are pretentious bullshit.
Tomo isn't a good character.

Mecha is the best genre, but partially because of all the unintended comedy

NGE is pretentious garbage full of retarded people trying to do retarded things while acting retarded and the payoff is orange juice.

>slice of life is a boring genre that rarely ever manages to create an enjoyable show since most of them are just bland cgdct series with no spark
>however, some good sol exist, like K-ON
>shounen is the best genre, especially battle shounen
>shounen is a genre
>the girls in nge look like ass
>bleach was better than naruto up until the fullbringer arc (excluding pain arc in naruto)
>kancolle threads should fuck off to /vg/ until actual news about the second season arises
>generals are fine as long as there is constantly something to discuss (and not waifuposting)
>one piece is the best manga
>haikyuu is the best anime
>my taste is better than yours

>Cowboy Bebop is garbage
It's just a good show with excellent music
>KLK is better than TTGL
I guess, they are both pretty shitty once the second half starts
>SoL is the best genre
True
Haven't seen the anime, I agree with the fanbase being cancerous

> however, some good sol exist, like K-ON

>FLCL is one of the worst shows I've ever seen
>Kill La Kill is superior to Gurren Lagann
>Patlabor 2 is Oshii's best film

I think bad things are bad

>>however, some good sol exist, like K-ON

That's not how you spell Nichijou

That's the one exception for whatever reason. I've even seen assholes try and defend shitty 4Kids dubs....

> Nichijou
That's not how you spell what's right on your pic.

>Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Yes it is.

> implying you don't understand what I'm talking about

How should harems be handled then?

It should stick to hentai

Panty & Stocking > Luluco > KLK > TTGL

Of all the Imaishi works I've seen, TTGL was the most boring.
Machspeed was so garbage that I won't even call it an anime.

Dragon Ball Super is more interesting than the entirety of DBZ.

>ITT: Unpopular opinions
>>Cowboy Bebop is garbage
i totally disagree
>>KLK is better than TTGL
wrong wrong wrong , both are fine
>>SoL is the best genre
are you fucking gay?
stop watching Orange and other fag tier shows
>>Re:Zero is mediocre trash with cancerous fanbase
that i must agree...

a wannabe snowflake , just kys

Kek

>NGE Is only average
>Yuri isn't a bad thing
>Slice of life is boring as fuck
>Japanese comedy is terrible
>All Mecha animes are god awful dog shit
>Elfen Lied Anime was better than the manga
>Being edgy and over the top isn't automatically bad
>JOJO is literally gay
>No anime should ever last more than 30 episodes + a movie
> p&s, klk, opm are all above average
>Madoka movies are all trash

I assume the NGE position is unpopular because it seems like everyone either abslutely LOVES it or they absolutely HATE it, no middle ground.

I hate anons who try and cause little faction wars with "it's shit" or "It's a masterpiece" groups, why can't we just watch something and enjoy it for what it is?

Reminder that if you cant enjoy a show because of what random anons think, you're doing it wrong. That said you're favorite show is dog shit.

But re zero was pretty bad

Tomino is a terrible director
Gunbuster is so boring it makes me angry
Anime hit its peak in the 80s
90s anime is bad outside of a handful of titles
HnK is the best battle shounen
Opm was kind of boring, but not terrible
Ninja Slayer was good

Tomino has some very interesting ideas, such as world building, but he's incredibly shitty at human relationships.

> That said you're favorite show is dog shit.
Isn't everyone's?

> Ninja Slayer was good
That's only an unpopular opinion if you count "Ninja Slayer was great" as an entirely different one.

Some seriously dogshit opinions you've got there

>I didn't really like Cowboy Bebop either, but people like different things
>I think Miyazaki films are average and I don't get the hype
>most of the 90s shoujo heroines with reverse harems were terrible, whiny brats
>I find it hard to like anime with big jiggling breast girls because I think it's boring

what? My opinions?! how dare you!

Bebop isn't garbage, you may just be watching it expecting something more "anime". It just happens to be from Japan.

TTGL is lame shonen self-insert with homestar runner animation.

SoL as a narrative device is fine and often the most potent source of comedy in well-written shows. SoL as a genre is mostly dogshit because it's inherently uneventful compared to most fiction.

>NGE is only average
>All Mecha animes are god awful dog shit
How does that work?

Please kill yourself

the 1 exception.

The mecha thing and a few other problems keep NGE from being great for me.

but other than that yes, all mecha shows are just shitty trash that shouldn't have even been made let alone watched.

Attack on Titan is the best comedy anime ever.

>No anime should ever last more than 30 episodes + a movie

This is a big one for me. The vast majority of shows don't even warrant 13 episodes, and almost all 26 episode series are painfully drawn out and stuffed with filler.

And that's okay. I do think you're missing some good series, but there is plenty of good anime that doesn't have robuts.

>likes KLK
>doesn't like bebop

u wot

I think 9-15 episodes is perfect. And then if it was really popular make a movie. and possibly a sequel to the movie if it's REALLY good. But no anime needs more than 1 season. Anime character grow stale so fucking quick its insane.

Most short series should just be ovas

opinions are valid

All Romance/Slice of Life/Harem/School/Musical/Idol anime are shit no matter what.

I say this is true of most genre fiction, since the most common function of genre conventions is to compensate for lack of depth in the narrative or character development.

Ping Pong and Mushishi are complete shit.

Rebuilds are better than the original series
Though that's more of a fact than an opinion

moe is cancer

I've actually found myself really enjoying some shows only to look at the episode playlist and think "fuck, I'm not even halfway through this?".

>Ping Pong
But Ping Pong _was_complete shit.

Thats the general consensus everywhere other than reddit though

>a boy falls in love with a girl
>unable to confess he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number

In fairness, this is only unpopular with mods.

inferno cop stopped being funny after like 3 episodes

>Romance
idk Kare Kano is pretty fantastic

but that's mostly in part due to snappy clever writing and some fucking stellar directing

Damn, the wind must be strong today, it's even blowing greater than signs the opposite direction.

DBZ is still good, just as fun as the original DB
Kai is garbage, I prefer the original
DBZ's pre-Kai dubbing is garbage and it's nostalgic-driven defense force needs to fuck off

most "comedy anime" is painfully unfunny

obviously this comes partly from a language barrier but also anime tends to completely butcher comedic timing and over-explains a joke that would work purely visually or with minimal dialogue

>facebook image file

I was waiting for this.
This thread should've ended here.

>the fullbring arc of Bleach was good
>Stone Ocean was the best part of Jojo >Dubbed anime is superior as long as the translation is accurate
>Most popular anime artstyles look like shit
>k-on was boring
>Samurai Champloo was better than bebop
>Harem anime is almost always shit
>Gintama was boring
>Afro Samurai is underrated
>Naruto went to hell mid-shippuden

>Dubbed anime is superior as long as the translation is accurate
There's a reason why this opinion is unpopular.

These threads are great.

wowza its almost like we all have our own personal tastes when it comes to anime!!! wow!!! Wow!!!!!!!! fuck you retard

I didn't like non non biyori very much

all the characters were extremely annoying especially hotaru, and it just felt liked "forced sentimentality"

like I feel nothing for these characters or the actions they're taking, but I'm still supposed to feel heartwarmed because of the imagery and the music and the oh so beautiful childhood innocence ohhh

nah

not my thing

the scenery was pretty great though, lots of wallpaper tier stuff

code geass is so boring

Cred Forums was never good.

Some of these might not be that unpopular but still

>shonen is garbage 99% of the time thanks to Shonen Jump being so popular that they can perpetuate their cliche shit
>slice of life is no fun unless there's a lot of drama or a lot of comedy
>anime as a whole tends to be trash but the absolute best/unique ones like Serial Experiments Lain are what make it worth it for me
>even then, anime and manga are both fundamentally flawed in that anime doesn't have western animation level budget so it's not able to show through animation as much as western stuff and unless it's something like Berserk, most manga are unable to mar art and writing like western comic books basically there's a lack of cohesion when it comes to anime/manga
>not only Cowboy Bebop, but most western friendly anime stuff like Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon, Trigun, etc. is heavily overrated
>despite being a Cred Forums guy who laughs at most anime OSTs, at the same time I believe there are a lot of anime tracks that are experimenting with certain combos of genres and making them work better than any other medium that does music if somebody talented were to take similar ideas great things can happen
>probably because I am older now, and this isn't to be pretentious, but I a appreciate mostly just seinen stuff when it comes to anime/manga since I can personally relate to a lot of it because of not only more mature concepts but because I have legit done bad shit in life and seinen are more likely to cover that type of stuff

You don't mind the original's copious amounts of time wasted? Would that not also be a nostalgic driven defense force kinda thing?

Oh no! I am so mad. here have a (you)

A good simple basic counterexample's Clannad: After Story which I honestly keep appreciating more the older I get and the more people I see around me get married.

Running out of posting space to explain but OG Tomino is great.

> Satuki didn't give everyone one or no star uniforms for the competition
Everyone knew that students of lower tiers are no match for the elites, so what was the point of the thing if victory was guaranteed for the four?

here's an opinion: SEL sucks and has no merit beyond its aesthetic

And its format, too. Not even gonna lie, fampai it's got one of the coolest "at first you don't know shit, then you find out what's up" progressions out there.

-mob psyco has good animation/art
-mob psyco is better than OPM

>not liking Gunbuster
>thinking 0083 is better than Eva

Shoot yourself in the face you stupid shit

Tamako Market is widely misunderstood and is actually one of KyoAni's better works. Especially if you consider it one part of a whole with Tamako Love Story.

amazing

>sol is boring except K-On
>battle shonen is best genre
>haikyuu is the best anime
have you watched like what, 50 anime series and know you think that you have taste?
fuck off underage faggot and go back to /reddit/ where you belong

>kys
when will this word get filtered? this should be bannable, fuck off and go back to where you belong fucking cancer
>>>/reddit/
>>>/youtube/

>yuri aisnt' a bad thing
>sol is boring
>jojo is literally gay
>p&s, klk, opm are above average

agreed

>An anime based on a VN will never be good
>no spoonfeeding == the elite you are hilarious, Cred Forums
>The most important twist in Madoka (i.e., Homura) was ripped off from Misfits (UK)
>Josei is the best genre
>Demographics can and should be used as a genre because it's fucking Japan, the land of tropes and stereotypes
>All manly men should read shoujo
>Using MAL as a means to keep track of what you've watched is acceptable
>Edgy shows are usually OK
>Anybody that praises Haikyuu as the best sports shonen has never watched Slam Dunk and is clearly underage
>Makoto Shinkai is a hack capable of capturing a only single emotion: melancholy
>If you haven't experienced at least 50 of either classic novels, films or anime your ''''serious'''' (see tryhard) opinion is irrelevant
>Cred Forums is delusional about being better than reddit

>Aim for the top is Garbage
It's incredibly rushed and does a shit job of making you care about any of the characters. Very overrated thanks to its flimsy sci-fi elements and ending. However, it's technically impressive for its time period and extremely interesting as a prototype for Evangelion. You can see a lot of parallels and bits of directing that weren't refined until years later.

>Any Gundam > Eva
>Manga is a terrible medium
Nah.

Not really an opinion but I rarely feel strong emotions towards any one show. 85% of the anime I watched I probably gave a 5-6/10.

Whisper of the Heart is the best Ghibli.
From Up on Poppy Hill is great.
Angel's Egg is better than Ghost in the Shell.
Anime films are in general better than anime TV shows.
Evangelion 3.0 is a great representation of Evangelion because everyone is absolutely miserable and nothing makes sense.
Misato is best girl.
Satoshi Kon is a better director than Miyazaki.
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya is better than The Wind Rises.

Mods selectively deleting posts, not just threads.
In an unpopular opinions thread.
Holy fuck, this neo Cred Forums.

>Whisper of the Heart is the best Ghibli.
this thread is for opinions not facts

ITT: Forced opinions

>anime peaked 20 years ago

KLK was a 8/10

Since everyone here thinks it was average at most

I don't like unnecessary ecchi fanservice. I didn't mind, but the older I grow, the more I think most of the time it's done so poorly it takes away from a good story/visuals. Panty shots are literally garbage, because they are overly done.

shit nigga, lurk more

>>unpopular
>>Re:Zero is mediocre trash with cancerous fanbase
reddit please go

Evangelion is one of the most overrated pieces of shit I have ever witnessed and literally every girl in it is shit

I've actually started re-watching Cowboy Bebop, and it's still great for me.

> implying the mods aren't drama queens prone to melting down at the slightest provocation
If you never had your posts deleted by a butt hurt mod, you just haven't been posting enough.

95% of all anime is garbage, Japanese have no idea how to write a coherent plot, it's all about melodrama and shitty epicness for the sake of it, characters are all the same retarded cliche stereotypes.

Epic. Cred Forums weaaboo's status: mad af :P

That's not an unpopular opinion. Most people, even on Cred Forums, know this.

/m/ everyone

I have never read a manga and never will

I refuse to believe anyone actually thinks that.

Gintama is garbage
Gurren Lagann is garbage
Ping Pong is garbage
Cromartie High School is garbage
Steins;Gate is garbage
Konosuba is garbage
HxH is garbage
Space Dandy is garbage
One Piece is garbage
Osomatsu-san is garbage
Kill la Kill is garbage
FMA and FMA Brotherhood are garbage
All forms of Berserk are garbage
Kimi no Na Wa is garbage
Clannad is garbage and Nagisa dies
Code Gayass is garbage
Haikyyaoi is garbage
Shokugeki no Fanservice is garbage
Cowboy Memepop is garbage
Boku no Meme Academia is garbage
One Meme Man is super garbage
Mob Shitco

Kill yourself. Ginko is best main character

>KLK is better than TTGL
both are terrible
wtf dude
u wot m8?

Microsoft excel is a masterpiece of japaniese animation

Kuma Miko's ending was on and it's the best SoL ever made.

holy fucking shit xD

But that's fact not unpopular opinion

It's true

The problem with the Digimon dub is that isn't a joke dub, that's an attempt at an actual dub

>All mech series are the same.
How many have you seen?

Ghost Stories is literally shit as a sub. Even the Japs with poor command of English preferred the gag dub version.

>Even the Japs with poor command of English preferred the gag dub version

The importance of narrative/story is overrated and is just a means for formal experimentation. See Tatami Galaxy, Space Dandy, FLCL. The thing you take away from these are that they are works of animation first and foremost.
Style over substance is a literal meme. A work becomes art through style. Form is everything that makes art meaningful.

There is tons of substance in Tatami Galaxy and even FLCL. You literally do not know what you are talking about nor do you understand the debate of style vs substance.

There IS a narrative in both FLCL and Tatami Galaxy and even Dandy. There's just a difference between episodic narratives that connect with a theme and ultimately do build to something and episode of the week no content other than flashy things on a TV screen.

Yes there is a narrative but they are a means to the form.

What the fuck are you attempting to mean? The story to Tatami Galaxy is very key to its meaning, without a narrative you could not properly express any of it. Hell despite its strange execution Tatami Galaxy IS an overarching story that Watashi learns from and grows from.

I'm arguing that Watashi's character arc for example is not the main draw of Tatami Galaxy. The primacy of narrative is just a commercial obligation.

Not to mention FLCL and Dandy are animation showcases. You also happen to equate narrative with substance which is a meme because it implies the animation part of an anime can't be meaningful on its own but only in service to the story.

>I'm arguing that Watashi's character arc for example is not the main draw of Tatami Galaxy
Maybe for you but that's a completely subjective opinion as the whole point of the series and novel it's based on its entirely Watashis character arc and the life lessons he learns.

I loved Cowboy Bepop and I found it to be one of the greatest shows of all time, but I understand how you feel.
I felt the same way about The Big O.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a high-fallutin', incomprehensible piece of shit written by a little pussy who can't handle loss.

>reddit please go
>literally supports reddit's favorite anime
>reddit:zero
fuck off

The earlier the decade, the worse the art but the better the story

Any series with an imbalanced gender cast (more girls than guys or vice versa to ridiculous proportions) is almost invariably assured garbage.
Beta MC has killed anime.
Harem and idolshit is garbage.
high school is the worst setting, and it's like starting a show out ten feet in the hole. hard to dig out of such a horrible setting.
Tokyo a shit, hokkaido is best.
Most SOL is shit but some are 10/10.
NGE was garbage.
Yuri a purest.
I liked shimoneta.
Skimpy outfits and pure waifus are cancerous.
I liked psycho pass.
Kyoani has never made an enjoyable show.
Most people have horrible taste in waifus and you should all die a painful, drawn out death.
Chaikaposters are the most cancerous and I will never watch it because of you insufferable faggots.

There is a difference between unpopular opinion and shit taste. Want to guess which one is yours?

You know that Anime you like? Well, it's shit.

Those aren't really "unpopular opinions" as much as "objectively verified bait".

I liked Danmachi

I love NGNL.

If I have a choice, I just pick whichever version's voices annoy me less, don't really care what language it's in

Only one off the top of my head that I preferred the dubs was Steins;gate, but still

Art style makes or breaks anime. I resisted giving anime a shot for a long time because I assumed it was all shitty-looking cartoons for kids, like DBZ.

For instance, I can't stand (and have never finished) watching Hunter x Hunter even though people rave about it, because the art is bad and the characters (especially the MC) look fucking retarded.

that's not a Japanese specific problem, it's all over hollywood too, just instead of melodrama it's over-the-top explosions and special effects.

>Cancerous fanbase

What does this actually mean? I've hardly see them anywhere other then their threads and maybe a handful in threads already being derailed. What makes them "Cancerous"? Is it because they like the show?

Very unpopular opinion.

NGE was just to fucking pretentious, and i think Anno actually knew it. It has to much symbolism compared to story, the story was meh at best and the animations were the only thing that i found interesting.

It means stop liking things that I don't like

>KLK is better than TTGL
How much shittier can one's tastes get?

KLK is good, but better than TTGL?
What the fuck is wrong with you?

I think Shinji and Asuka worked out their differences and are possibly in love with each other.

>jojo is literally gay
I can tell you haven't read/watched it yet then you underaged faggot, because I thought the same thing. It isn't gay until part 5.

Not him but TTGL isn't anything amazing by any stretch of the imagination. It's fun but not like it's the peak of anything, I personally enjoy KlK more because it has a really fun cast and at times it's plot isn't that bad.

I agree honestly, I can't think of a worse central premise than "keruururrr giant robotsss", the stupidity of that concept alone pretty much keeps me from enjoying anything else about the show

you know why no military IRL has made giant robots? because they'd be fucking useless and outclassed by literally any other kind of war machine

YEAH LET'S MAKE THIS GIANT MACHINE WITH LIKE FIFTY BILLION MOVING PARTS, AT LEAST 85% OF WHICH ARE ENTIRELY BALANCE-RELATED SO THE FUCKING THING DOESN'T FALL ON ITS "FACE" EVERY TWO SECONDS. THEN STRAP SOME LASERS ON IT OR SOME SHIT BECAUSE WHY NOT OR EVEN BETTER GIVE IT A GIANT SWORD BECAUSE WE MAY AS WELL STRIVE FOR MAXIMUM RETARDED

god damn i hate robot animes

dear lord re:zero was utter trash, no one in good conscience could possibly defend this garbage

how the fuck does it have a 8.7 on MAL? did I watch the same show as these people? sry I don't lurk Cred Forums much

>Ghibli's dramas would have been better as live-action movies
>Movie for movie, Satoshi Kon is a better animator than Miyazaki
>The angels and EVAs are the only good thing about NGE. Literally every character except maybe Misato is terrible.
>Steins;Gate is a decent thriller and nothing else, ditto for Monster.

I think Hollywood is pretty good at following the three act structure. It might lead to incredibly formulaic writing, but even formulaic writing is better than shit writing. In some anime, and a lot of JRPGs as well, there's a premise which leads to a plot that goes on with no build up until it seems the writers realize they're in the final act and have to through in some universe destroying villain. In other words, the pacing is shit, and there's no rising action to build dramatic tension and keep the plot engaging. This makes the climax entirely unsatisfying. It's no surprise that the most popular anime are the ones that adhere to the three act structure well.

yeah I guess that's true, but with how huge their budgets are compared to anime, you'd think they could hire better writers.

This post describes my entire Cred Forums experience. It's like you lads go out of your way to pick the shittiest shows to like unironically.

nhk is my favourite anime
>inb4 Cred Forums doesn't tolerate unpopular opnions in an unpopular opinion thread

I have never seen a Miyazaki movie. The artstyle on the posters just arouses an irrational hate in me for some reason - like it screams 'cringeworthy, fake and gay'.

Have you tried sitting down and watching one of them? Art isn't the selling point of Ghibli, you know?

Nice reading comprehension and good job fitting in you fucking retard
Amazing how this post was spot on

Miyazaki's aesthetic is sleepy and bland.

>Sol is pretty good
>Didn't watch NGE because it looks pretty boring
>Harems are ok as long as you use them as fillers between good shows
>Most manga is better than their adaptations

Thunderbolt fantasy is AOTY
Original shows are pretty much always better than adaptations
VLC is a good video player

Ghost In The Shell is strongly, strongly overrated. It has a lot of the same problems The Matrix has and I don't think it should get a pass because it came first.

the hollywood movie is going to be even worse

there are A LOT of us, user. A LOT

>Stands ruined Jojo
>Aku no Hana had a anime good adaptation and I loved the rotoscoping. It made things feel uncomfortable and eerie unlike the manga which looks like it should be comedy.
>Anime catering to normalfags outside of Japan is a mistake and we're paying for it. The original creators and companies don't even make that much off of them.
>Tumblr is as good of a source for fanart as Pixiv is as long as you know how to use it (ie: Get XKIT and use filters)
>Naruto is the new Dragonball and the series is just as good.
>I think 13-15 episodes is the perfect length for most anime.
>Fairy Tail is better than One Piece.
>More anime need to use hip-hop music and hip-hop style beats.
>I'm fine with CG in anime and I like it when the people doing it know what they're doing. (Majin Bone, Bubuki Buranki etc)
>SMT4 should have got an anime instead of Devil Survivor and P4 shouldn't have gotten a second one.

>Stands ruined Jojo
>im animeonly and part 2 is the best and joseph is an awesome jokester xD

Stands are the stupidest post-timeskip power up I've ever seen in my life.

Let me guess, your favourite Jojo is Josuke, right?

I do like watching an anime with the English dub sometimes. If I enjoy the dub that is. Fuck anyone who says otherwise.

>KLK is better than TTGL
KLK had more developed characters. I still don't know what Simon likes other than drilling, since the only thing that makes him happy is seeing Kamina and No Personality.
>SoL is the best genre
This is hardly unpopular.

>as a sub

>No I just thought having your giant robots plugged into the wall was dumb.
So you literally don't understand why they did it.
>Manga is a terrible medium
Confirmation.

Those ARE Greater-Than signs.

>in that anime doesn't have western animation level budget
>Hollywood is standard budget in the west
Western TV animation is far worse.

>probably because I am older now, and this isn't to be pretentious, but I a appreciate mostly just seinen stuff when it comes to anime/manga since I can personally relate to a lot of it because of not only more mature concepts but because I have legit done bad shit in life and seinen are more likely to cover that type of stuff
You realize seinen means "aimed at adults", right? It's obviously because you're older.

>It's no surprise that the most popular anime are the ones that adhere to the three act structure well.
>One Piece
>Dragon Ball
>three act structure

Though you're clearly missing the point of those things. Western RPGs have similar structures because it's about exploring and not about a story, and those shows are obviously not meant to be for a plot.

Madoka is boring as fuck and took all the willpower i have just to finish.

>Original shows are pretty much always better than adaptations
>Most manga is better than their adaptations

These. Are these even unpopular? I'm not one to say "the source material is always best", and I'm not even one to say "adapations should adhere strictly to the source material", but this is generally the case because most adaptations in general try to recreate the original without fully utilizing the medium they're in.

>Naruto is the new Dragonball and the series is just as good.
You mean One Piece, right? Regardless of quality, it's the only thing that has the right to be called that.

>Jojo is overrated
>I hate imoutos and onee-chans in anime
>Dragonball was shit
>christmas cakes are disgusting and deserve to be cakes
>nhk was garbage
>Harems are okay, but waifubait is a scourge on the industry
>Ghost in the Shell is fucking stupid
>Samurai Champloo kicks the ass of anything I've seen since

OH MY GOD PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON STUFF

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!