Anyone else noticed JC Staff is really stepping up their game lately...

Anyone else noticed JC Staff is really stepping up their game lately? Practically everything they've done since WIXOSS has been average to great.

What is Taboo Tattoo?

I mean, at least it looks decent.

The manga was a mess so no wonder the anime wasn't any good.

Amanchu was trash.

It was comfy as fuck.

>implying taboo tattoo wasn't fun

J.C Staff isn't adapting as much as they used to but then neither are most studios as contractors try to cram everything through A-1 now so more than a few studios like J.C staff, Xebec and the like have actually been on the upswing

>comfy
That's a euphemism for trash

They're obviously overworked as they've been doing 4 shows this season that are absolutely awful

They are literally doing long shonenshit with mediocre animation like Soma and Psiman. FW and Amanchu were as you said, average at best. Taboo isn't even worth mentioning

Flying Witch is the best anime this year.

Sounds like a case of shit taste.

Joshiraku is when they started really coming into their own. I remember people where still memeing >JC staff in the middle of that airing.

>this amount of denial
I'm sorry, I didn't know it was a hugbox thread.

>FW and Amanchu were as you said, average at best.
Jesus this is some shitty taste.

>FW and Amanchu were as you said, average at best.
Clearly you're the one who is in denial.

Are we being raided?

I'm more surprised at DEEN.

What was it, a decade of mediocrity and then they push out Rakugo, KonoSuba, Sakamoto and Agetarou? I haven't seen Super Lovers so I can't comment on that nor do I know anything about how the Hatsukoi Monster adaptation will go but the aforementioned shows were all enjoyable adaptations. Maybe not the best budget but the effort is there.

Rakugo was the only one of those that was good, though.

Did you watch Agetarou? It was really good.

Oh boy. Another episode where Cred Forums seemingly tries to justify a studios perceived consistency despite knowing fuck all about how anime production works.

I agree on Amanchu

they haven't stepped up their at all
all their recent manga adaptions have been shit compared to the source (excluding stuff with shit source already)

Rakugo and Agetarou had notable directors at the helm, little to do with Deen improving. Even then, they weren't very good. Konosuba and Sakamoto are straight garbage.

Do you guys hate Konosuba because it was popular? They literally just adapted it straight from the books except for that one part with Whiz

I don't care how they adapted it, I think it's a bad show.

It's what we do best.
Studio wars and Stalker shitflinging wouldn't be so prevalent after all if that wasn't the case.

It was fun to watch and the writing was semi-decent but I'm not gonna deny that the animation was sloppy.
I get why the other faggot calls it garbage.

Why would you assume it's a popularity contest? It's like high school all over again.

Shokugeki was the turning point that put JC Staff back on the map again.

Just invaded by meme spouting crossboarders like yourself.

They were never bad, people just memed them as "STAFF, the studio of failures"

Right now their favorite studio to rag on is A-1
Before that it was >Badhouse

I agree, and I wish more people on Cred Forums were watching it.

No, because it wasn't funny and looked like shit, why the hell would you think it supposedly being popular had anything to do with it?

Why is she eating ramen in a swimsuit?

I watched the first five episodes of Konosuba and couldn't figure out what people liked so much about it. The jokes weren't very good, the girls were all obnoxious, their voices were like audio poison. I mean this with no malice, but I do not understand what was liked about it. Aqua was the dumb one with Schrodinger's pantsu, Megumin liked explosions and sometimes her height was a source of humour, Darkness got turned on by pain, it was all so played out and predictable. Especially Megumin, she seemed like she was invented by a 13-year-old girl who is so quirky and random.

Not trying to shit on you for liking it, or anyone for that matter, but I always find it kind of a relief when other people on Cred Forums are as baffled as I am by Konosuba's popularity.

That's probably because she's a 13 year old meant to be so quirky and random

No I mean like an actual one, not an anime one.

It's the typical modern self aware bullshit that people love and eat up because they don't actually have the taste or time to sit through something that takes itself seriously. Not that I'd necessarily start with anime when it comes to that.

The Mahou Sensou of our generation