91 Days

Episode 12 airs in 30 minutes.Are you ready to say Arrivederci?

PV:
youtube.com/watch?v=jrYQy7wnNRs
91days.family/story/episode12

Other urls found in this thread:

trendnews.yahoo.co.jp/archives/454564/
mentaiko-ittorasii.tumblr.com/post/150191436914/最後に天国見せてやろうってんだいい義弟を持てて幸せだろなぁネロ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He better kill that fucking Nero. 11 episodes I have been waiting to see that.

Will anyone survive?

Ah, well, anybody who survives will probably be mentally broken anyway.

I'll wait for subs so I shouldn't open the thread

Nero would be a hunted man for life is he survived anyways. Also Angelo's magnum opus is to destroy both the Galaxy Note and Spaghetti family.

Perish the thought, Nero will live. Avilio will have a nice bro moment with him before dying, the end.

Nice pic, it looks like an illustration rather than an anime frame.

Is this any good?
I only download finished animu because I tend to watch it all in one go.

This week I'm not the one to make the thread. This is yet another revenge story

Nah this is heading towards the everyone dies end. Avilio just might survive and become a real mobster but that is unlikely.

Please give this show the ending it deserves, Now time to leave no spoilers for me.

avilio will become a don, just watch.

Nah this is heading toward the "you must suffer as I suffered" end.
Nero will have to live alone, stripped of his family, money, and best friend, on the run.

Are those mutually exclusive?

pineapples strike again

No better time to move west to California

Friendship wins?

How old is Avilio again?

AOTS

That QUALITY

19 years old.

Delete this. Pineapples are my favorite fruit. Stop shitting on them!

Is this the first time we see him shirtless?

I feel sorry for him. He is a good person. He just wants justice for his family and friend. He did nothing wrong. What a fucking sad life he had.

>He did nothing wrong
His keikaku wasn't doori.

He became what he always wanted to be. A pineapple can.

Just caught up with this one. Surprised the threads are so dead. I thought Cred Forums would love it.

Anyway the biggest problem with this show, it reeks of amateur handy work. You almost don´t give a shit about anyone since you either know nothing about them, or the MC almost never interacts with them. Is like the director forgot the most important thing about revenge story, that the audience should also want revenge. Didn´t even hit me that the death of Angelo´s family is suppose to be something big. The hit on them wasn´t brutal nor interesting.

Is an alright show, nothing more, breath of fresh air from all the harem and isekais.

Anyway, what did you guys think about him killing his gay friend? Might be the highlight.

>good person
Angelo had terrible things happen to him, but he is not a good person

Nero shoots Angelo but its not certain if he died or not. Open end. They had a gay trip before that.

Dead thread for dead show
What a shame, I like 91days.

>Just caught up with this one. Surprised the threads are so dead. I thought Cred Forums would love it.
We're all waiting for subs.

I agree that this show is missing character development in parts, but
>Didn´t even hit me that the death of Angelo´s family is suppose to be something big. The hit on them wasn´t brutal nor interesting.
what show are you even paying attention to? It's the basis of the entire plot.

Is that seriously how it ends? pretty gay.

Is a baby´s first mafia work, that´s what it feels like. All the right ingredients, the wrong cook. Gungrave was a better gang show.

Novel added character development, but in such big amounts that iy almost looks like cheap fanservice. That is judging from fan translations

Wait, what?

Is the execution. It was handled so damn fast, and none of the emotions registered during the first episode. I thought the story was about the guy joining a gang later and just climbing ranks without revenge motive. If they did it like Fango´s death scene, it would have been so much better.

Yeah. But I feel like Angelo is truly dead after all

it was a good show for Shuka first original show

A lot of Angelo-Corteo interactions vere added, also some of Nero's inner thoughts about Avilio look like those of a shoujo heroine in love. Novel is partly translated by an amateur translator on Tumblr.

>Boring MC
>No chemistry on any of the characters
>Like one good looking girl
>Boring kekkadoris
What a fucking shit series. Is like a worse version of that zombie gangster game adaptation anime.

4 minutes until subs
fucking hype

there have been two good looking girls

fio and the waitress at the diner, how could you forget her

Ah come on, don´t be so lenient. You praise a kid for being able to ride his first bike, not an adult. Just because the standard is low, doesn´t mean we should praise every effort. They should have just aped a good mafia movie instead of doing this bland original that his actually doing every damn generic shit you can do in a generic mafia movie.

You can stop samefagging now.

?

IT'S COMING AAAH

>Tumblr
They are fucking cancer. But I bet is true, need them fujo money.

Oh, gotcha.

I don't think we're gonna see eye-to-eye on this.

Who died in the end?

this looks good, what is this anime about, user?

You.

To be frank, most of the cast are forgettable. Should we care about the paranoid four-eyes?
Should we care about the first guy Angelo killed?
Should we care about Tigre? Yeah I remember that henchman just because they screamed his name a million time in that one episode.
Should we care about Nero´s sister? Should we care about the Nero´s father? They are such none-characters that a generic cardboard cut out like Angelo and Nero stands out.

We don´t need to. As the popularity of this show speaks volumes already on who of us are more objectively correct.

Let us just watch this last episode and have some fun discussion.

Simple revenge story. Is kind of boring and lacks budget. OP is cool though even though it reuse some scenes to save some of the budget. MC is not all that fun to watch, the plans are simple and unthrilling.

>[HorribleSubs] 91 Days - 12 [720p].mkv

Everyone.

>0 screen time on the father, mother and brother
>They get killed
>MC wants payback
>We are suppose to care
>Long timeskip
>Guy just pickpocketing for all these years
>CRUAAAAZY MAN ATTACKS RANDOMLY
Why did the first episode go so wrong? And what is up with the lazy ED song?

Oh what ever man. Yes, its a revenge story, but very rarely do we get anime set in this time period so thats what makes it interesting. This show has some pretty good twists I thought. Did you really think Corteo would kill Fango?

Why are you still this mad over being blind?

>he is not a good person
Why not? Does killing criminals make you a bad person

I prefer this to muh painful flashbacks throughout whole series

>thinks that killing is ok sometimes
Get out. It's Christianity board

So, what did you guys think of the ending? Did Nero shoot him?

I wanted a slow episode one with the climax at the end. Guy is still brooding every episode, so is as bad as muh painful flashbacks

4/10. And since this is pandering to fujos outside of the anime material, no. It was only ambiguous to keep the shit fandom alive.

Nah I wasn't feeling this ending.

The ocean setting ruined it for, Fucking Japan and the obsession of going to the sea because they've never been before.

They played it way too safe but I enjoyed it overall, Solid 7/10 for me.

>It was only ambiguous to keep the shit fandom alive.
t. Mr. "I've never watched gangster movies"

I think he is completely insane because of that ending smile

What was the meaning of this?

I thought this show died several episodes ago when people realized it was bad. Watch The Departed instead, HK one or the remake.

Seriously though, why are there no prints of Nero leaving?
Why are there no prints of Avilio leaving? He must be alive since if we assume he died and his body got washed away, why are the footprints still there?
Am I missing something here?

NO BODY NO MURDER

Either to show that there was no body, thus MC lives, or some symbolic shit.

>t. muh sopranos
If only it was one tenth as good.

How the fuck did they not think to put Nero's footsteps when he walked away? Are we supposed to think he went back to the car walking backwards?

No body or anything, and every time someone in this show is shot they leak a few gallons of blood, so I think Angelo's traveling to the pineapple farm out back. Also Nero probably had a "If i have to live through this, so do you" kind of moment.

Infernal Affairs is shit, and The Departed is even more shit.

Depends on who's footprints those are. But it doesn't really make sense no matter what the outcome was. I guess one way you could look at it is that the footprints that keep going are Avilio's since he walked a head of Nero. But they don't really add up since he walked a few steps in front of him.

It was a friendship end after all

Will there be 91 episodes

What the fuck is this ending?

Walking away from the scene.

If you kill rapists and killers then it is ok. I'm atheist, former christian. God doesn't exist user. You should fuck off from this board if you still believe in those fairy tales. For fuck's sake it is 2016. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

>hurr, Avilio couldn't have possibly have gone swimming in the massive body of water in front of him, he had to walk to get away

An empty one, just like how Angelo felt when his revenge went according to keikaku.

They were already dead. Now they are in homo heaven together with Corteo.

Are these only Nero's footprints and Angelo's were already washed away?

They are fucking glorified island monkeys. How the fuck can they not know what the fucking ocean look like?

After Phantom I was expecting that end but it still hurt when it happened. I kept holding to the hope that they wouldn't actually do it. Y-you too, Shuka.

Either that, or they just conveniently swam a bit to get out of the frame.

It's a symbolic scene. It shows Nero and Avillio's footprints side by side, demonstrating how they walked together. One pair of footprints cuts short to symbolize that one of them went down a path the other couldn't follow. The final scene shows the sea erasing both of their footprints, indicating how in the end vengence is petty and empty, and everything that happened will eventually be forgotten.

Avllio wanted to kill Nero because of revenge, but didn't want to kill him because they were friends, so he didn't. Nero wanted to kill Avillio because of revenge, and didn't want to kill him because they were friends, but he did anyway. Or maybe he didn't kill Avillio at all, it's ambiguous. The point being that they were both in the same situation.

So why the tittle? Does all this take place on 91 days?

I feel really sad for Angelo, I wanted him and Nero to keep doing gay trips together. I guess you can't have a happy ending when it comes to mafia. I cried.

>that goddamn ave maria leitmotif

Over the course of 91 days, MC went from sitting in his house all emo to slaughtering, manipulating, and befriending the man that let him live

Really makes you think

I don't feel like doing anything right now.

It doesn't make sense.
At first I was thinking that perhaps Avilio's body was taken away or washed away by the sea but even so there would be traces of him being shot.
Perhaps this is Avilio and Nero walking away from the beach to begin new lives?
The symbolism of the footprints being washed away could be metaphorically washing away traces of their past lives and so that they now can begin anew.
Either way there would be more footprints/death evidence than this. Sasuga Shuka.

Are you dumb? It ended at day 12.

>I have never watched a gangster movie and know nothing about thematic closure

Yes.
Also, it aired over 13 weeks.

The final 91 days of prohibition was the deadliest because the mafia turned on each other scrambling for legitimate businesses and trying to distance themselves from illegal activities. We had people turning states evidence left and right during that time.

The ending left me so bitter.

>captcha: select places with sea

I liked the ending. Avilio gets his comeuppance and Nero is fixing to get whacked.

Just finished. Overall, I genuinely enjoyed this show. If only it had more of a budget it wouldve looked much better. Its left ambigious but I actually think that Avilio died at the end.

8/10 show
gonna miss our small group of 91 Days weeklys

>Quality code was more popular
nip should trying to copy good western works.

FFS go watch it again, they were killed in the diner. Both never made it to the ocean.

Really liked this series.
Also Angelo is dead. The whole theme doesn't get closure if Nero doesn't shoot him.

I guess Angelo did really become an angel.

Seriously hope this is some very advanced baiting.

>implying this isn't a shoujo heroine in love

fuck off

That would have been good. If there were no footprints on the beach at the end of the scene and Nero was just half dead there imaging all this

i'm a bit confused by the ending and the whole friendship angle it took but okay whatever

this was a pretty great show, also had some pretty civil threads for the most part which is always praiseworthy

That ending smile looked like more of a fulfilled and happy smile rather than an insane one. Combined with a that can of Pineapples, I think he did the same thing he did in the first episode. But this time, he missed on purpose.

Normally I would be frustrated but I only feel empty. Almost as empty as I did 8 years and 2 days ago. At least I'm not crying this time around.

Everyone ended up so bitter that they make up these endings.

The heart.

he swam away

You have a point user. Though I don't agree wholly. We see the pair being followed throughout their roadtrip but we never see the stalker take action. If it was a Gallasian spy wouldn't he have killed Nero and Avilio at the beach?
If so, does that make Nero simply a phantom or mirage at the end?

We all did.

It's more like a "going to carry on despite all that happened" smile

>Normally I would be frustrated but I only feel empty.

same here more or less

So what came of from the dialogue between Avilio and the new Don Galassia?

He walked back gently

I didn't really understand that part because it came out of nowhere, then it moved to Angelo and Nero's last gay trip.

it's what happened right after the end of the last chapter

Strega wanted Angelo to kill Nero.
Angelo didn't care one way or the other

>Are you ready to say Arrivederci?

sure my nigga, sure

Similar to the ending of Utena, Angelo turned into a can of pineapple slices while his loved one drives him away

It's a deep ending, because like a can of pineapple slices, Angelo was still existing, but there was a huge empty hole inside of him.

W..what aired 8 years ago user?

>chapter

Fucking spics.

why did he take Angelo on a gay date before killing him?

Fuck I knew it was going to end this way but doesn't make it hurt any less. Cried during the camping scene and at the end. The montage made me for a second think they would become frenemies. But I would've liked to see their deaths. Animation and voice acting for the two leads was excellent. And it was one of my favorites of the season.

fuck you got me there amigo, *episode

Strega wanted him to finish off Nero for him. (As he the last person that knows who really killed Don Galassia).

Leaving him alive could backfire for Strega

But Angelo dont give a fuck

What the fuck is with that ending? No blood, no nothing. Where did Nero get the pineapple because he sure didn't buy it. Also, did old stalker kill Nero after the credit?

user, please

Well fuck, it turned out to be at the bottom three for the summer season. Still waiting for Gun the Grave 2.

After this episode what is the true crime of the story: Corteo dying as a virgin?

I'm guessing Nero did kill Angelo. He was done at that point, and had nothing left to live for. Nero was doing him a service at this point.

As for Nero, he's screwed himself. I'm guessing he's still a marked man by the new Don.

It all makes sense now.

What happened to the promised mansion showdown?

Here lies Corteo. He never scored.

I'm sure he wanted to kill him but couldn't.

Angelo probably died a virgin as well, fuck bitches anyways acquire homoerotic revenge.

Upvote, what great shows like this would you say should be seen? I just got to see this after the epic Naruto anime series. Peace and love.

Wonder what will happen to nero? Be hunted down and killed by the galassia or just live aimlessly?

How would that have even happened?
In the set-up I mean

>Almost as empty as I did 8 years and 2 days ago.
You bitch.

Fuck this shit.

Angelo in bed would probably be like a dead fish, anyway

They had to throw that away from the storyboard. They were tight on the budget. Not even CG cars could give us that.

I see you are a true gentleman, much like I. A good recommendation would be Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion.

Strega seems like a smart guy and with Nero being on his own, I can't see him making it.

He only gets a boner when he shoots a Vanetti.

Head west to California

>Angelo probably died a virgin as well
Nero took care of that on his little trip to the sea before killing him.

Gotcha, Cowboy Bebop is next then. I will skip Evangelion, seems kind of too hardcore weeb if you know what I mean, don´t want to look like a nerd. Add me so I can discuss it later with you. Anime is the fucking best.

I would try "waking" him up if I had the chance.

that'd be lame, this wasn't an action show.

Cerotto was bro-tier

I have watched Evangelion and the fights are good but the MC is a pussy but if you liked Re:Zero is kind of the same also the end some experimental and philosophical shit

Re:Zero is my favourite of all time, the best. Now I must watch it I guess. Thank you brother.

Called it.

Sorry.

Go kill yourself
That entire sequence in the OP was pretty obviously symbolic.

Maybe he couldn't stand not knowing Angelo's answer to "why didn't you kill me?", he pulled out his gun right after Angelo said it.
I could go for some canned pineapple right now.

Avilio is obviously sleeping in the backseat, you idiots.

No, it's just that from how often that scene popped up in the OP and promo materials I expected them to have their friendly chat on the nature of revenge (the one they did during the gay honeymoon and the long walk on the beach) over a bottle of Lawless Heaven in some old mansion (maybe the Vanettis'), then proceed to duel and kill each other. Or maybe, since Nero revealed that he hadn't been able to shoot Angelo, Angelo would hesitate and it would end in pretty much the same way it actually did.

Seems like a good explanation as to why not.

I didn't mean a shoot-out, just a final confrontation, obligatory anime-philosophizing, and death.

Possibly. Before the anime aired, I was guessing that Angelo and Nero sitting in a ruined office and reminiscing to each other about the last 91 days before killing each other would be the framing device for the whole series.

>tfw no cares

F

good thing tigre made it out okay
only got hit in the leg
everyone else missed
what a lucky guy

Galassia sure are ruthless.

Honestly this endign only makes sense if they were fucking in background.

I actually thought he would be one of the people to live to the end.

>Angelo was still existing, but there was a huge empty hole inside of him
Haven't laughed over something on the internet for a while, thanks

FUCK THIS SHIT ;_;

But we sorta did get the anime philosophizing.
It was just in the subtext

Sleeping for eternity you mean.

What did they mean by this? Did Angelo truly become a can of pineapples in the end?

So what's the moral of the lesson? Taking revenge is pointless since what waiting for you at the end is nothing but emptiness?

It's like pottery

also you end in a can apparently

Just like Naruto. But Naruto had sweet fights and a real gay end.

He was always a can of pineapples, Avelio only existed in neros head.

So let me get it straight.
Nero hesitated pulling the trigger when he was young, thus he missed and Angelo ran with his life.
This time trigger was pulled swiftly and we hear a gunshot, thus highly empathizing he shot him.
The reason we don't see his body is because waves washed away his footprints by now, and his body was still there, just further down the beach.
It was good ending, i liked it.

It'll corrected in BD.

Any webm of the bestbros montage, pointing the gun at Angelo in the car, and the argument during the camp fire? Those were my favorite scenes from the episode.
Also, I just got this pointed out that Angelo wasn't talking to the Uncle with a whatever attitude, he was actually talking to Corteo who was rushing him. Too bad I didnt notice at the time.

TFW you will never watch Geass for the first time again

>people actually think angelo is dead

He's on the beach in Hawaii, Florida

>"Nero, why is can of pineapples in super important mafia meeting?"
>"... I want to give it a reason to live..."

They were killed in between the escape and the ocean, if you watch mobster movies the protagonist usually dies while they were on the run. They were spirits in this scene, Angelo is content and no longer have regrets in this world so he was able to move on. You see a lot of this shit in Eastern movies/shows it has influence buddhist spiritual teachings, something that the Japs recognize. Nero later moved on when he was driving and looked at the can of pineapple. I mean look at the footprints and you should see the symbolism. Nero was the footprint in front, and Angelo's footprint disappears first.

Geass' ending was amazing, though. This was just middling.

That's why you ALWAYS finish what you start, you don't half ass a job.

Nero should be thankful Angelo never engaged in costume play.

I feel like Shuka is aiming for a sequel, desu.

on all levels except physical, he was a can of pineapple

Perhaps an OVA of them in Florida?

And when there was only one set of footprints in the sand, that was when you turned into a can of pineapples and I carried you.

>yfw the stress of him having to run away from his own family turned a can of pineapples given to him to eat into a man

I don't see it

I hope not.

Anyone else find this reminiscent of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom?

More like 91 gays.

I was half expcting them to show a flashback of Nero and Avilio together and them in bed together in the middle of it.

Mafia beach episode with volleyball. Nero and Vanno against Avillio and Corteo.

Alcoholic American Batman fueled by cheap whisky and vengeance on Galassias kind of sequel?
Because i can't see how you can write a sequel to this unless you write another story in its universe making it essential spin off.

Should be Barbero in the bottom panel.

>You end in a can next to a very attractive mafia boss
FTFY

The Blu ray will have Episode 13, the real beach episode with everyone in bikinis.

>Nero went on vacation to Venice Italy
>he looks around
>sitting across from him is Angelo and Catwoman
>they both exchange knowing smiles and nods to each other
>Nero pays
>leaves
>credit rolls
Bravo Nolan.

If the don wants to carry around a can of pineapples you damn well let him.
Some say he killed his best friend vanno clemente over it.

>guy kills your entire family
>have a gay old time with him

you know, non-processed pineapple can make your tongue bleed a little as it has some mild protein-destroying enzymes

just like Angelo, pineapples are sweet but they make you suffer, but in the eat you eat them anyway, right? eat them and shit them out, satisfied with the pleasing sensation of hard stool pressing against your anus, owed to fibre, abundant in fruits and vegetables

>tfw Avelio will finally reunited with best boy

ARE
YOU
KIDDING
ME

D R O P P E D
R__________R
O__________O
P__________P
P__________P
E__________E
D R O P P E D

You mean Angelo and Corteo

So Angelo is dead?

that's the thing. nero didn't. did you watch the show?

>Avilio was dead all along and it was a can of pineapples from the kitchen that took human form and ran out into the woods that night swearing revenge

Truly AOTY

ENDING FUCKING SUCKS

because I don't like pineapples period

Avilio did.

Why are the Galassia so powerful again compared to the other two families?

You can't drop what you already finished, user. Accept it.

because they operate from Chicago, not some Bumfuck, Nowhere

Because they control Chicago while Vanettis are fighting over a small border town

>you are what you eat
it's like the Orco episode all over again

Probably older and bigger along with bigger area of influence.

It was implied they have full control of Chicago while the other 2 families fight for scraps in Lawless the name for that town is really fucking stupid.

But how did they get off the Island?

Nero hid Avillio in the can of pineapples.

So did Angelo and Nero fuck?

So they both live, right?

They're both dead, Nero's soul just moved on a bit slower than Angelo's. Angelo's only regret was never seeing the ocean, Nero's only regret was not being able to shoot 7 years ago. Now that Angelo told him, he not longer felt that guilt and was able to shoot thus freeing his own soul.

So the blu rays never gonna get subbed huh.

Oh user...

There was never an island.

It would've made more sense if no one interacted with them throughout their homo trip, but I think they are supposed to be very alive.

its not like thats the first time its happened in anime

they're dead, user

they've been dead for a while now

Friendship end wins as expected.
Nero won the truest Angelobowl and a can of pineapples and also did nothing wrong the entire show.
Even if he killed Angelo it wasn't because of hatred or something alike. He pushed himself to do it because it has to be done. You can't call it a revenge when a man isn't even looking at you and wouldn't know what happened adding that they just had a gay montage and a confession.

Seriously, though.

So Angelo was a ghost that was haunting him and never existed

The footprints at the end were Nero's return prints.

Nero regretted killing Angelo when he was a kid and was finally able to forgive himself, thus Angelo ghost turned into pineapples

I think the last time people interacted with him was the hitman they sent to kill them. That guy probably killed them when they go into their car.

I think we're underestimating pineapples symbolism.

All you are talking about is ghost shit, gay shit and regret shit.

>Cerotto's the local shinigami
>all souls that he has harvested turn into cans of pineapples

I thought the galessias saved angelo after he got shot by nero.

Maybe the island was the friends we made and the pineapples we ate along the way

So points for and against Avilio being dead

+ Nero's loyalty to his family
+ Avilio's insistence that he should have finished the job 7 years ago
+ Avilio revealing why he didn't kill him, thus leaving no lingering questions

- no body
- Nero smiling because of the pineapples
- Him talking about "just living" before that, indicating that he wouldn't let bitterness and regret consume him and just move on

Result: Spike Spiegel

>All people Cerotto interacted with are dead
>Three cans of pinepples he picked up were Corteo, Avilio and Nero

Jokes aside I think Avilio just left some pineapples for nero in the car before they got out on the beach because he knew nero doesn't like them. Nero, after everything found that funny and was laughing at it.

So you're saying that the scene with Strega was after the confrontation on the strand?
That doesn't make sense

Those were baked beans, though.

Daaamn, I hoped he would shoot him and he delivered.
Good story delivered in a good way - this is how anime should have been.

a fine addition to WEG threads though

I hate these fucking endings, WHYYYYYYY!

That's dumb.

GAY

poor cerotto driving a car while nero talks to a can of pineapples.
then nero pulls out a gun and points it at the can

This is easily the most plausible explanation so far. But still begs the question of how Angelo got any pineapples.

Cerotto himself was talking to a can of pineapples about how Corteo died a virgin, though.

Less than two minutes in and this smug motherfucker already made the episode, holy shit

he was talking to nero

I never remembered his name

But he always stuck out to me for some reason

Stopped on episode 10, should I finish it?

You might as well. It's like two more episodes.

Why stop there, though?

might as well

I wonder if you can make version of 91 Days in which Avillio is canonically a can of pineapples.

I will question everything if they decide to take the piss out of the show that much.

Because there was an episode about him getting shot and everyone said his name over and over again. Watch the fucking show.

>impeccable taste in clothing
>/fa/ haircut
>sick keikaku action
>kills virgins
>turns into a can of pineapples

best MC of the year

Make me

I'm just really bad with names

At least this didn't shit the bed as hard as Erased did. I actually feel somewhat satisfied for once.

So Nero was gunned right after it faded out, right?

Damn Nero is such a nice guy. He even kinda kept his promise to give Angelo a reason to live.

>not canned
gay

Shortly after.
The footsteps only went a little further

>implying Angelo doesn't carry at least two cans of emergency pineapples on his person at all times

This moment. This fucking moment made the entire show totally worth it.

I hope you like Dole.

Not UMI DA, but whatever

No Nero carried Angelo's body and put it on the dash.

As things became blurry that was Angelo looking at Nero.

The guy in the other car saw a body on a dash and couldn't believe it

Why is this so cute, I didn't even remember this scene

>you should've shot me 7 years ago
>Angelo recreates the scene for him on the beach to finally let Nero end it by walking away from him in front of him while Nero aims a revolver at his back

I'm pretty sure he's dead.

What else did you even expect? It was obvious as fuck.

I hate pineapples.

nero fucks up the fango hit. his best friend dies and its his fault. he runs away during the trip he picks up a can of pineapples.

I was waiting for angelo to do something smug and have a fist come at him off screen the entire episode.

What the fuck is this shit? I thought these niggers grew on trees.

The only reason I remembered his name is because it's the same name as Tigremunvunoscope.

In ancient Japanese mythology with sea come change, with sea comes new life even, as presented in that one episode of Mushi-shi. One submerges to raise as a new person, a new being free of former burdens. This reflects the way of nature - we're born of water, of warm maternal womb, from fluids we gain a more substantial form, only to have it perish over the years. We return to water to be reborn. Not only Japan, but numerous other Asian religious ceremonies are deeply connected with water - Hindu, for example. Submerge in the holy river and wait for your new incarnation, right? The Japanese tend to believe in reincarnation. Thus it wouldn't surprise me if Angelo was reborn as a can of pineapples.

Did people ever think that fango was angelos brother?

Did you know that pineapple is actually grass?

I feek even deader inside now.

I thought it was a bush

jesus imagining pineapples just growing around like grass is ruining me

Some retards did.

>fango
You mean Frate right? Then yes.

my life has been a lie

I looked it up online. Pineapples are fucking retarded.

>it's a pineapple thread

>91

MC confirmed.

Watching Avilio cry destroyed me. I didn't think I cared that much.

wtf i hate pineapples now

Some said Fango, some said Frate.

>It was far too late to make up for not shooting him the first time
>Despite the feuds, neither of them really wanted to kill each other
>Nero saying that they didn't need a reason to live, they should just live

Pretty sure he missed and Angelo is sleeping on the back seat.

don't worry he returned to the great pineapple savannah in heaven

He knew that idiot would come and save his ass.

>Alternate ending
>Angelo walks in front of Nero's gun
>Nero is about to pull the trigger
>a shark in a borsalino jumps out of the ocean and eats him
>Angelo turns around
>"Consider your debt to Don Calamari paid." the shark says as the flops back into the ocean
>cue 『ELISA - Rain or Shine』

Stop mentioning pineapple. It reminds me of that viral song

What the fuck was with that guy at the start that pulled out his hand and pretended it was a gun?

Didn't he even go "BANGU!"

What the fuck, man.

Literal 11/10 Anime of the century

You mean Batman?

What the fuck?

>Don Calamari

I'm very sad.

He made some "BAH" sound I thing. Laughed at that part.

H-He'll be okay, right?

That's going to be my headcanon from now on.

>we never see nero get ahold of the canned pineapple
>is actually angelo instead

>you will never have a friendship so strong that even after you kill his entire family he still hangs out with you and takes you on a date

It means end of the road.

He looked pretty fucking relieved until he saw the pineapples, then he looked unnerved. It looks like he shot him and was having a pang of guilt looking at the pineapple can.

Does this count as lovers suicide? Should we add 91 days to the long list of homo anime ending with the main couple killing themselves?

Literally Gungrave 2

Yes, nothing of value was lost.

Good, he doesn't deserve it but I'm glad all the same.

That's not enough to kill Tigre. He'll probably wake up in the morgue and they'll have to literally "Rasputin" him, before he stops moving.

>Long list

Can you name another one? Just curious

What?

Samurai Flamenco

Gungrave was much better than this.

>you will never gift Angelo a real fresh pineapple

>Gungrave was much better than this.
No.
Episode 2-14 and the last one were better than this.
But as a whole this was better.

The ending was pretty much the same

Most likely Nero got killed by the stalker but if it happened otherwise he could join the circus.

>bottom panel
That's not the face of someone who just shot the last person he had a real human connection with.
Angelo lives.

Yup
The monsters were garbage, but still better than this. 91 days was basically MC moving from point a to point b with no emotional payoff.

>look I know you're pissed and all but here's an offer you can't refuse
third panel should be "got myself a pineapple can"

Ai no Kusabi
Fuyu no semi
Pretty sure the main couple of Mirage of Blaze committed lovers suicide in their previous life.
Terra E can count too depending on how flexible you are when it comes to the time of death. And I'm pretty sure there are more.

Must've been taking after Pegasus' henchmen.

No. He definitely killed Angelo.

This scene was a representation of the saying "Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened."

He might have even left Angelo at the beach and is imagining how he is going to get out of there.

I just wanted Nero and Angelo to go on gay adventures for the rest of their lives dammit ;~;

You mean like that episode of Paranoia Agent where 3 people commit suicide (but don't realize they're dead) and lose their cast shadow?

>The monsters were garbage, but still better than this. 91 days was basically MC moving from point a to point b with no emotional payoff.
Well I disagree.
And I don't think anything will beat Gungrave to title of best mafia segment because I couldn't even specify what it did right that others fail to do.

It's okay user, they died and had one final roadtrip together. They're fine now.
Though really it's a shame. There should have been more roadtrips and less mafia drama.

Anyone bothered a bit by the complete lack of cops (barring those 5 minutes of that one episode)? I love mobster/prohibition settings, but the law is half of the recipe.

I'd like to see an animu of pic related.

Nice punchline

Either they are the same prints and the placing is lazy or they are newer prints, meaning both Nero and Angelo left the beach.

Unfortunately it's impossible to tell what was intended in this show and what was just QUALITY. Let's not forget Corteo's magic cork in episode 10.

Goddammit

Wasn't the city named Lawless?

But they did. Literally.
This kind of end should please everyone. If someone wanted Nero dead then the dude in the car killed him.
You can't see dead Angelo so you can still think that homo adventures continue.

In the last scene they drew in the shadows directly under the shoes, but there should be a larger body shadow.

The city isn't called Lawless for nothing.

Couldn't they live together?
All that ties them to their pasts is gone.
They could've simply said fuck it. We both lost all. Our destinies are intertwined.
The question I would ask myself with the gun pointed at Avilio.
Is life better with Avilio or without Avilio?
Atleast I would've given it a shot and tried to forget it all with him and build a new.

IS HE FUCKING ALIVE OR NOT ? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT EPISODE GUYS

>Nero made a pineapple can change the tires

that's what i was thinking. no matter what your interpretation of it is there seems to be enough in the episode to lend some truth to whatever theory you make up

But they're going to live together user.
Angelo is sleeping on the backseats in the last scene.

I guess this was still a shounen anime after all...

>he's the cart driver
That's all I hear

Would be better without the face

I really feel that nero killed him - it's the most logical interpretation of the events that transpired in the episode and what had led up to the ending, but my heart wants me to believe angelo is alive.

Cart driver is actually confirmed, though.

That's the problem, though. An ending like this offers nothing concrete, so on the flipside it feels unsatisfying to anyone who wanted a specific ending.

Gungrave had a strong family theme. All the mafia characters were connected by that bond. And it all shatters because of one man's greed and mistrustful nature. It's tragic, it's powerful. But the payoff is even greater when Brandon reveals his true purpose was never vengeance.
Avilio is a kid next to Brandon, and Nero was way more mature than Harry ever was.

People would start asking questions.
I think Nero thinks the same way as you.
Angelo is alive and they're going to hang out occasionally.

Fine.

I don't know user, as others said there's more than enough evidence to interpret it however you like.

[citation needed]

Angelo drove them into the tree

I would believe that Angelo was dead if not for Nero's comments about not needing a reason to live and just living. Why have him say that if he was going to kill Angelo?

This guy betrayed your trust, killed all your friends and family, ruined your life. You have a gun pointed at him, will you shoot?

My mind tells me that they're both dead, but my heart says otherwise. Idk I just want Nero and Avilio to go on gay trips for the rest of their lives

What cart?

Do pineapples go to heaven?

The tree was paid off by Galassia!

Get out.

Not if it's Angelo.

>Avilio is a kid next to Brandon
Well yes.
His development as a person was pretty much halted when his family got shot while Brandon got into mafia stuff in his very late teens.
For himself.

Well, not if he has something to barter with. Like say a can of delicious pineapples.

Nah, I've known him for 3 months and we kind of got along.

Nero was talking about himself that he would be able to live without needing a reason. Angelo couldn't, so Nero killed him.

the very last scene, that's the look of a man who just killed what is arguably his last friend if you can call angelo that

he looks at the pineapple, is reminded of angelo, is saddened then smiles as he reaffirms his intent to move on or some shit

That's not how it works. It's not that simple. They had a really strong bond and Nero had a really good personality and open mind.

Please do not split the heavens in part

Is this confirmed to be 12 episodes? What if we get ep13 with an explanation next week?

Drove them to pineapple field

>His development as a person was pretty much halted when his family got shot
Now that you mention it, that's probably the reason why his turning into a sobbing mess struck me so hard.

Newfriend? newfriend.

That was some Katanagatari tier ending

WORST
BEACH
EPISODE
EVER

That scene of reminded me of kid Angelo crying in the opening

Why did Avilio turn into a pineapple can?

Recent interview with Series Composition guy
trendnews.yahoo.co.jp/archives/454564/
I don't get anything, though

He doesn't look sad to me, he seems content rather.
I don't think he'd make that expression after killing his last friend as you said.

But the Katanagatari ending was great.
And I say that as a Togamefag

Would you kill 1 man or a 100? Would you kill your friend or a lover?

Nah, at least the Vanettis getting wiped out meant something. And Nero didn't go paling around with the new Galassia don.

Like I said, they still brought in that treasury guy who was run out of town in 5 minutes, and then there was the crooked walrus whose head was caved in by Fango. That's it, they never really do nothing.

Prohibition not-Chicago is the perfect setting for these cop-robbers shenanigans. Where the cops are equally as crooked as the mobsters they hunt. That and 40/50s LA.

Check that, LA Confidential anime when?

It's over, user. Time to get off.

But it might be because of an open mind that Nero realizes that killing Angelo would be a mercy

>crashing waves clean the beach of human footprints
>all that is left is a can of succulent pineapple slices
>exhausted Nero hears a faint voice from the can
>"Nero... Nero..."
>he opens the can and sees what he's expected, pineapple slices
>they talk to him
>"Nero, I loved you like a brother..."
>Nero sniffs
>"I loved you too, you bastard"
>"stick your dick through the hole"
>"what?"
>"the hole in the middle of pineapple slices, stick your dick inside"
>"b-but-"
>"it's okay, nii-san"

notto dis shittagain

>thought he was going to die a bitch death due to angelo's negligence
>he chose his own fate

made this show 10/10.

In the previous episode he also said something about giving Angelo a reason to live. So I am not sure how we are supposed to interpret the whole thing.

>the unprocessed pineapple starts to eat away at the penis causing strong irritation
such is life

But Nero said he wants to give Avilio a new purpose in life, user.

Not really, but they sure tried

He could have been saying that for both of them as well.

The discontinuation of footprints obviously meant Avilio throwing himself into the ocean

The fuck. Why was so hard for Nero to kill Angelo, the man who kill his whole family? He even take him to the beach and shit. While he killed his brother just like that

so who was the man strega said he wants avilio to kill and why did that other car drive to the ocean as well?

I feel so much better about ending thanks to that.

What about Nero's footprints? They end suddenly too.

I mean Avilio not Angelo

Angelo didn't kill nero when he could have, nero realized that. They both have nothing left to lose anymore.

Nero shoots Angelo, got as far as he did in a car before he and Galassia guy passed each other, credits roll, waves roll, Nero's footsteps got just little bit further than Angelos, he lived only little bit longer.

Because, otherwise why show that Galassia guy at all?

Nero understands that what Pineapple did to him he did to Pineapple.

>show is called 91 days
>91/12=7.58333.....
>91/13=7(a week)
Episode 13 confirmed, we haven't seen the last week yet

It's symbolic.
Nero's going to die soon after the end of the series when the Galassia guy catches up to him.

There was a recap episode.

Recap is Galassia's spy

So did he die in the end or what?

They made it look like Nero didn't deserve to die and was actually a good guy since he didn't kill the kid back then. Which is bullshit. He's as guilty as anyone else.

We already had 13 episodes the recap

>likes to hang out with Nero
>killed Corteo his supposedly only friend
>gets rid of Corteo ghost when aroung Nero
>didn't want to kill Nero all along
>aaand the true winner is
Poor Corteo.

Savage.

Pretty sure he gets whacked.

Episode 13 was 7.5

>Royal Palm
>pineapple grows like grass

it's all an illusion

Heavy breathing was the best.

There's already 13 episodes, one was just a recap because they couldn't finish in time. I'll take the recap and them shuffling things around over something like Wizard_Barristers.ppt.

I shoot my semen. As in, I ejaculate onto him. In a fully sexual way.

It's hard being in love with yandere.

I'd open him up if you know what I mean.

So we're all in agreement that Nero killed Angelo 7 years ago right?

Nero gave Angelo a good life, because had he survived this would have been his life. So when he pulled the trigger he forgave himself

>Cerotto means "band-aid" in Italian

the thick plottens

So Angelo was just a can of pineapples all along?

91 days is more intriguing than I thought.

According to Barbero (both in anime and LN), Avilio drove Nero crazy. He's infatuated with Avilio, so much that he doesn't even bother to do a background check on him. VI

10/10

>Lucky Star was a Haruhi ad
>Code Gayass was a Pizza Hut ad
>91 day was ? ? ?

How am I just now learning this

Pineapple ad.

Thanks for making me laugh user. I needed it after that depressing finale.

8/10. It was unpredictable, spectacular, believable, brutal, tightly paced and competently directed. Thanks Shuka.

What thread are you migrating to this fall? I'm backloging.

All what's said this show could have been more homosexual. You just know it. They could have added more scenes in some places. So it wan't actually all that gay. It was all up to viewer's mind.

W-What the fuck?

Unpredictable is strong, The only one that caught me off was Fango/Corteo moment.

>Are we supposed to think he went back to the car walking backwards?
Got me snickering

YOU CAN'T JUST SHOP A CAN OF PINEAPPLES ON EVERYTHING!

Gotta read them novel translations. This sounds gay.

Just like most of so called fujobait anime
If you take mob psycho as an example, there's nothing gay in the show, but the threads are literally "its time" tier

>ON EVERYTHING
Gee, only on Angelo

I feel like they threw a load of symbolic 'clues' and 'hints' all over the place purely because they wanted people to keep debating the ending for ages

fuck off anno

terrible show, but i still finished it

>Unpredictable
>Brutal
>Good
>Tight
Hello fellow anime fan lover. I would say is more akin to 9.9/10. But I love that you voice your opinion, where can I follow your reviews?

I really wanted Nero to spoon him right there and then

no homo

How are the sales?

Flop days.

91 sales.

You're probably right. It's rather useless to debate about it though. There are so many ways to interpret what happened it's better to just take your interpretaion as the truth, no one would be able to prove you're wrong anyways.
I think Angelo was killed by the Galassia nephew after he refused his offer. Nero was killed earlier and never reached the room Angelo was in. The roadtrip and the rest of the episode are just Angelo's visions as he's delirious with pain and on the verge of dying. It still happened though, to their souls that is.

I was expecting them to hate fuck at some point.

Did you predict Orco's death, Ganzo, the fact that Galassia were behing him, Avilio's choices in #11?

fake and gay
p-pls

91 Sales. No surprise, not gay enough for fujos, not good enough for the general public, not bad enough to shitpost, is just exist.

Damn, mind hacked. I thought I was clever.

Mentaiko liked Nero. That's reason enough for its existence.

>that fucking ESL samefag

Doujins when?

You mean how he got fed to the family?
What is asofai
What is GoT
What is RE
What is Hannibal
What is SotL
Read and watch more kid

>not good enough for the general public
why the fuck not
it sure is better than Durarara

Angelo is literally in the backseat, only he buys canned fucking pineapples.

Why was the show called 91 days if it ended on day twelve?

it actuality, Angelo's never existed in the first place - scratch that, probably there was this Angelo Lagusa kid back in the day, but Nero killed him

what we observe in 91 Days is Nero's unreliable narration causing him to justify a systematic destruction of his own family over grief, triggered by Corteo's sudden appearance with Lawless Heaven whiskey (presumably to save enough cash for his college)

Angelo was always a figment of Nero's imagination, his dark side who killed left and right and in the finale, at the brink of total devastation, Nero decides to give this dark side of his a reason to live, rather than to kill itself and him with it

and so Nero imagines shooting Angelo in the back, while in actuality he threw a can of sliced pineapple into the ocean, but it was brought back by a tide

in the finale Nero's finally a whole person and "Angelo" is banished forever

And now for something completely different.

They ran out of money for the remaining 79 days

Did he do any art?

>joker was mostly dissapointing but had great ending episode
>91 days was mostly entertaining, but last episode was shit
FUCK

Angelo nearly kills them, so Nero makes him fix the car. Nice.

I think Nero let Angelo live, but Nero was offed once the guy tailing them saw him leave alone. Either that or Nero killed Angelo, then let himself be offed by the tail. He knew they were being followed and didn't seem to care at least.

No Pineapples are vegetables

That was before Nero found out Angelo killed or caused the deaths of his entire family (minus Fio)

But the best episode of Joker Game was the Nazi one

Yes (Titus Andronicus), yes (process of elimination), no & no.

-Is worse than the top 10 best gangster movies
-No good action scenes
-No crazy kekkadoris
-Short
-MC is not all that likable or fun to watch
-Not a gang story, just a simple revenge story
-Opening gets taken down on youtube
-No budget
-Not much violence
-Boring direction except for two episodes
Is just not all that good, and lack the things most people like.

Seeing team work as whole sharing information was better for me.

It aired for 13 weeks, which is 91 days.

So when you think about it, the recap episode was planned.

The remaining 79 days correspond to Nero and Angelo's gay adventures after the anime ending.

This seriously blew my mind

He sure did.
mentaiko-ittorasii.tumblr.com/post/150191436914/最後に天国見せてやろうってんだいい義弟を持てて幸せだろなぁネロ

Source on this? Wish he'd draw a doujin of Nero.

why

I've written what I meant. It's certain that Orco wasn't eaten alive and couldn't have died in that process.
Read more to improve your reading comprehension. Start with the simple English texts.

New thread?

>tfw I was coincidentally eating pineapple and baked beans while watching the final episode

I think I felt something

It's been enjoyable and painful. See you around.

>I think I felt something
Don't worry, that's just Angelo.

pls no.

Is this AOTS?

>Being mad over simple recommendation
Nothing was unpredictable kiddo. Just read and watch more works.

>Fio
Isn't she in Chicago? With Galassias? The guys that decided to kill all her friends and family?
I'm pretty sure the new don will kill her too, she may plot revenge

Clearly its because he retraced his steps, to fool the chasers into thinking he's dead!

Fuck Nero. Angelo was stupid for not killing him.

Probably, since I dropped everything else I picked up from this season.

>Mentaiko likes 91 days
He has good taste as always.

Remember, Angelo is Italian for angel and angel means messenger. "Angelo" came back to the town because he received what? That's right, a message. This can't be a coincidence.

Yes.

Guys, I figured it out!

Before all the theater shit went down, the "Reason to live" Nero was referring to was the can of pineapples in the car he was gonna surprise Angelo with!!!

But Nero is for brofists and gunning down Galassias, not that. At the very least it should be Angelo and Nero.

DAT LAWLESS HEAVEN

No, it's an okay anime taking place in an universe you seldom see in the genre. It was interesting, but certainly not AOTS.

Angelo probably isn't manly enough for Mentaiko's tastes. He never drew him, not even once.

ESLs seem to grow in bolder numbers by the years on boards that aren't Cred Forums. I wish there was a way to filter them all out.

I really loved this.

It was slightly janky but it tried to be different and everything just fell into place for me. My favourite show of the season.

The ending with just the waves and no vocals was amazing. More anime should dare to do stuff like that.

>He never drew him
But user, he is right here

Funny you bring up Hannibal, sine it also opted for the ambiguous homo ending by the ocean.

Oh my, I never noticed.

Mob and ReLife exist.
This is still pretty good though.

Mob really wasn't that amazing plot-wise. In that aspect I'd say 91 days is better.

>ReLife exist.
I actually forgot that

None of you guys ever played Harvest Moon?

Same

Mob was great, I don't care about fanbase stuff so the show was fun for me.

I was waiting for this.

>ambiguous homo ending by the ocean
You mean the series? I wish I hadn't dropped it, the homo was good.

To be fair they never look quite as bushy.

>Relife exist
yeah and that's not something necessarily good

No
4/10

It's definitely a solid show, though I haven't watched enough anime this season to know if it can claim that title.

I don't know if Im more horrifed for the picture or for the link

Nope. I pound dat boipucci

>BAH!

We had Thunderblot so no

>puppet show
>anime

Man, he really likes pineapple.

Last sime I saw this it was with a bottle of Bourbon.
And a corn kernel.

For me, yes. Not like I watched that many, though.

But it started exactly 84 days ago.

Damn he's hot. I just wish he didnt have the goatee though

Oh you.

On a second rewatch, at like 11 minutes in when angelo is dreaming of the sea he wakes up with a gunshot, probably where nero shot him, so basically nero shot him but not fatally, just enough so that he'd live long enough for the galassia guy who was tailing them to save him.

A shame this thread is awful. That's the problem with shows one episode longer than the other ones, everyone else who has nothing left to watch ruins the threads of shows ending late.

>Galassia tending to Angelo's wounds
>what the fuck, why does this guy have so many cans of pineapples hidden in his clothes

This thread is so good it redeemed the episode.

How the fuck did I learn this just now?

Only correct answer

It's the knife wound from episode 11.
You're still right though, that entire scene takes place after the gay trip / beach part.

>said in previous threads that it'd end in the style of a classic gangster film
>it really fucking did
Well done, Shuka.

>He did nothing wrong.
Need I remind you that he ran over a poor lizard? What a monster.

mene

That's what I thought happened, plus the fact that the galessia guy drove past nero.

but in all honesty that was just a weird way of them doing a flash back

Now I want a mafia show featuring non perishables

So the single footprints at the end means Angelo lived, right? They wouldn't show Nero's footprints if Angelo was the only one walking on.

W-what
I have to rewatch it

This theory is on par with the "Fango/Frate is Angelo's brother" ones

I don't get the ending. i mean, I understand the book ending where Nero does what he wasn't able to do 7 years ago and closes up everything for good.

But in context it doesn't make much sense. It wasn't in a rage fit, revenge was completely meaningless and he just gave a throwaway line about living on. Plus the smile at the end. That's not the smile of someone who kills his last "friend" just because.
Or did he intend to kill him at the beach all along, no matter what?

And more importantly, why did Nero let Avilio drive again?

For funsies. And so he could give roadhead.

It looks more like they returned to their planet. Both tracks end abruptly with no further tracks of movement, not even going back.

It makes sense if he didn't actually kill Angelo.
But then again it's such an open ending that you can think whatever you want.

He is tailed by Galassia dude and knows he is about to get killed soon.

Tracks symbolize their lives, Nero lives just a bit longer then Angelo, thus his footprints are seen to go further.

>And more importantly, why did Nero let Avilio drive again?

Because he lo- I mean he trusted him, and Angelo is basically a dead pupped waiting for his execution.

That would would make sense. But on the other hand, his expression when shooting was of "getting it together" and finally being able to do what he couldn't before, twice.
Besides, no need for a gunshot if he was going to let him live, Galassias weren't close enough to hear it.

>this asshole actually got it his way

So Angelo was Nero's imaginary PTSD friend all along? Nero destroyed his own family and fled to Florida