09/17-18: ¥1.076 billion ($10.5 million), -05%, ¥8.534 billion ($83.0 million) [51% capacity]

>09/17-18: ¥1.076 billion ($10.5 million), -05%, ¥8.534 billion ($83.0 million) [51% capacity]
>09/24-25: ¥862.5 million ($8.5 million), -20%, ¥11.165 billion ($108.8 million) [41% capacity]
>10/01-02: ¥915.0 million ($9.1 million), +06%, ¥12.825 billion ($125.2 million) *Projection*

>-20%

Well can we decide this now?

It's a flop

Koe No Katachi is set to pass this in sales.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>10 billion
>flop

Can't you even read?

It's $125.2 million, not 10 billion.

It's Ghostbuster tier flop.

It had a massive domestic advertising campaign though so they have to write that off. It made a lot of money, but they spent a lot to promote it.

The film is literally the biggest film of the year to date at the box office in Japan of course it isn't a flop.

It's ¥12.825 billion though. Can't you read?

>massive domestic advertising campaign

So you have sources on how much was spent on the advertising campaign?

>Budget is half-billion
>Already made 10 billion

Naisu baito

>Kizumonogatari $6m
>Koe no katachi $8m
>Kimi no na wa $110m

It is stupid to even compare Kimi no na wa to films like Koe no Katachi. Koe no Katachi is just in the realms of doing fairly well for a niche targeted otaku film. Kimi no na wa is near Miyazaki levels of box office takings. Completely different league.

Is this a bait?

Wait, are you agreeing with me or arguing against me? Don't say shit that confuses me.

You are aware of how cheap anime is in Japan, right?

Just pointing out that the guy posting this thread is an idiot.

>Ghostbuster tier flop

Why are you even converting it to dollars when yen is what matters in Japan and it hasn't even gotten an international release?

> beito

Not knowing phenomes in 2016

Ahhhh, I get it.
We're thinking the same, then.

Ghostbusters only made like $10m in Japan anyway, Koe no Katchi has made less than it did.

>Not knowing how it's pronounced bait in Australia.

Typical Amerifat.

>So you have sources on how much was spent on the advertising campaign?

600 gorillion dollars. It won't break even until it surpasses Avatar's gross.

Didn't Free! only make like $4m?

Why do people get all frustrated when they don't like something and try to prove it did badly?
Is this like a autism spectrum thing or a underage thing?

Converting what?

Nigga u fucked up, I ain't even 'bout moneh.

Sales figures validate your opinion because it indicates more people agree with you than the other person.

High Speed was one of the higher grossing KyoAni movies so I don't know what you're talking about.

>muh flop ghostbusters flop koe no floptachi
>not 'bout moneh

You're confused.

and it didn't make shit.

Hell yeah Kimi no Na wa just save the reputation of the anime on this decade its fucking great on par Spirited Away. Otaku cancer loser BTFO Normie Win

But why do they care? I though SAO was gay as fuck so I just avoid conversations and threads about it. I don't go research it's sales numbers and shit.

>It had a massive domestic advertising campaign
Do you have sources proving that the domestic advertising campaign is more or about 10 billion yen in worth proving your other claim that Kimi no Na wa is a flop?

If it didn't make shit, then why was it the third highest grossing KyoAni work until Koe no Katachi overtook it?

¥1,900,000,000 K-ON! Movie
¥1,018,396,150 Koe no Katachi (as of 9/28/2016)
-- ¥850,000,000 Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
-- ¥680,000,000 HighSpeed!: Free! Starting Days
-- ¥220,000,000 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!: Takanashi Rikka Kai
-- ¥205,000,000 Tamako Market: Tamako Love Story
-- ¥161,817,100 Kyoukai no Kanata -I'll Be Here- Mirai-hen
---- ¥42,971,350 Hibike! Euphonium ~Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso~
---- ¥93,040,600 Kyoukai no Kanata -I'll Be Here- Kako-hen
----------------------- Munto

Nigga u really stupid or wot?
I'm the nigga talking 'bout the budget, not the soft-ass white boii that mentioned that lame-ass feminazi movie.

Koe no Katachi - 893 million after 9 days
K-On movie - 691 million after 9 days

Really makes you think.

Even the K-On! taking is small fry compared to actual successful films like Kimi no na wa. All those are pretty much "flops" if put in the context of regular box office. I mean Even Kizumonogatari I beat the majority of those.

>Koe No Katachi is set to pass this in sales.

Dream on.

>Even the K-On! taking is small fry compared to actual successful films like Kimi no na wa.

So you've moved the goal post to Kimi no na wa when we're just talking about the fact that Koe no Katachi is already the second most profitable KyoAni movie ever made.

>I mean Even Kizumonogatari I beat the majority of those.

Kizumonogatari made less than Koe no Katachi though.

>So you've moved the goal post to Kimi no na wa when we're just talking about the fact that Koe no Katachi
I never setup any goalposts. I just said Free only made like $4m which isn't shit all and it isn't. Successful films can often make over $100m in Japan.

>profitable
Please learn what that means. Profit is not revenue.

I see it's another let's talk about how successful or unsuccessful KyoAni is thread. Don't you ever get tired? Some kind of personal vendetta I assume.

>Kizumonogatari made less than Koe no Katachi though.
That depends on your criteria, if you mean simple sales then probably yes, but Kizu will be more known 10 years after, Why? Because it has the better plot and it really makes you think.

>I just said Free only made like $4m

In Japan. And it's the fourth highest grossing KyoAni work, a studio known for its 90% success percentage.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558

You're literally comparing a worldwide release movie with a huge marketing budget over a locally released movie in terms of what they made. You're a retard.

>Girls und Panzer movie literally beat every one of these.

Really makes you think.

>That depends on your criteria, if you mean simple sales then probably yes

I accept your concession.

>actually using an ann link about disc sales
I think it might be you moving the goal posts here. I'm saying that as much as you might want to say how successful KyoAni are, their films aren't shit compared to mainstream success. It is tiny and niche.

>And Your Name literally ravege the ass of both LL and Girls und Panzer

Really makes you think.

The ANN links shows KyoAni's success rate, which is relevant to this debate.

>their films aren't shit compared to mainstream success

Which doesn't matter since they don't do international releases.

>¥1,018,396,150 Koe no Katachi

A very profitable mistake.

>The ANN links shows KyoAni's success rate
Disc sales have nothing to do with talking about how Free! did at the box office.

>The ANN links shows KyoAni's success rate
I am talking about mainstream success in Japan. Free wasn't even in the top 50 for films in the year it came out.

It ahould be up to 1.3Bil this weekend. If it stays at the top 4 vome next week topping Keion won't be far fetched and even Madoka would be reachable according to Casper.

>samefag retard banned

Nice