Vegeta wants to wish himself immortal to beat the Ginyu Force

>Vegeta wants to wish himself immortal to beat the Ginyu Force

What is the point of this? Why does Vegeta think wishing himself immortal will give him the strength to even beat them? They would keep kicking his ass until they were bored. Freeza would probably torture him forever.

>Saiyans get stronger when they're beaten nearly to death

..but he can't die, so what's considered near death? Does the wish negate the ability?

I realize I'm a dumb autist for asking these questions but im curious as to what you guys think

Toriyama is a hack

also Saiyans are supposed to be this prideful race, especially Vegeta. So wanting to wish yourself to be immortal or really strong is out of character.

Basically this

I wouldn't question if he wanted to be the strongest in the universe, but immortal?

Immortality's being incapable of dying. He can be thrown around, smashed against walls, bleeding out of every hole his body has, but he can never actually die, and thus can stay in a state of being near death all the time

the question is, what kind of immortality would he be given? It depends largely on that on how useful it will be.

he should have wished for invincibility

The dragon isn't even capable of making someone truly immortal.

The best it can do is restore your youth.

It's not capable of making you infinitely powerful, infinitely tough, or changing your DNA to support an infinite lifespan.

It's just a slightly more impressive version of typical Namekian magic.

>The dragon isn't even capable of making someone truly immortal.
Says who? Nobody has, in canon, ever actually managed to make the wish.

>The dragon isn't even capable of making someone truly immortal.
seems quite possible considering it happened in filler and it has been the plot device that the Freeza saga was based around.

>in filler
no1curr
>the plot device that the Freeza saga was based around
So?

>Frieza and Vegeta wanting immortality
>both people who know jack shit about Namekian culture or the power of the dragon balls
Hell, Frieza was about to kill every Namekian on the planet and make the dragonballs completely useless.

Riddle me this : If the dragon balls could make someone immortal then why the fuck didn't the Namekians wish for every single person on their planet to be immortal? Boom just like that they become the most powerful race in existence and can live peacefully.

Why they didn't make like DBMultiverse and fuse into a single Namekian? Yeah, it's a forbidden technique, but when the survival of your race is at stake, that's when you break things out of storage.

>So?
so it means it's more likely possible than not. You would have to provide proof otherwise that "the dragon isn't even capale of making someoen truly immortal"
You'd have to backup that claim not me.

does that mean brolly was immortal which is why his power was endless?

Although it's true that Garlic Jr. isn't canon, they have managed to find a way to get rid of him forever. If a canon villain were to become immortal, they could just apply the same principles to get rid of him.

Future Zamasu, on the other hand, is a canon character, and he has achieved immortality. Hell, he even super-wished it through Super-Shenron after gathering the Super-Dragon Balls, so he's probably the most immortal of them all. He's still around even though Beerus already destroyed his past self.

And even then, they'll STILL find a way to get rid of him.

Would the Evil Containment Wave?
His power was maximum, not endless. He was just so strong that he could tank anything Goku and co. had to throw at him. There's always someone bigger - at the very least, Beers would have had as much trouble with him as he did pre-God Goku or Vegeta.

>Riddle me this : If the dragon balls could make someone immortal then why the fuck didn't the Namekians wish for every single person on their planet to be immortal?
If no one died, the planet would suffer from a severe case of overpopulation.

>I realize I'm a dumb
You answered, your own question.

Counterpoint: the Namekians are clearly a spacefaring race.

>..but he can't die, so what's considered near death? Does the wish negate the ability?
Injury, user. He can't die, but if he's injured enough, he gets zenkai (until it got quietly written out during the buu saga and never referenced again). As long as he gets hurt enough, he'll power up in arbitrary degrees from healing. And his immortality would heal all his wounds.

>They would keep kicking his ass until they were bored. Freeza would probably torture him forever.
Because Freeza would have to personally see to kicking his ass constantly. Freeza has other shit to do. Besides that, Vegeta would get stronger over time once he recovers from getting hurt.

And if Immortality works like it does with Garlic Jr. the damage done would wear off eventually.
Even if he couldn't take Freeza down right then and there, he could make himself a thorn in his side by tearing up his shit and running away.