How much has Cred Forums changed since 2011? What about the industry?

How much has Cred Forums changed since 2011? What about the industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6c7cAyK3
archived.moe/a/statistics/activity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not enough cute girls doing cute things
Bring back gar too

Cred Forums is pretty much the same

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

Indeed

Cred Forums Pass user since July 2013.

I was not here so i don't know

Wait, there is an actual, official stamp for it?
What about the old anonymity?

Since 2011 we had two huge changes in the industry: idol anime became their own thing, and mmo/mmo inspired isekai became their own thing. The first one is a lot huger though.

It's optional

WW2 was optional.

Agreed. Idolshit is way too strong and influential. It hurts everything else

Dude what

I think it's a new marketing scheme that numoot thought up.

>2016
>2013

Like you newfags would know.

Weren't the passes introduced in 2013 though?

Soon.jpg

>le idolshit is killing the industry meme
kys

nothing. nothing at all
The end is nigh. This world shall end. but on the other side, when the world forms again, we will be there, standing strong. with no hiro, no mod, calm post only, final destination.
So just hold on strong, for the time is nigh
ꕤ Cred Forums Pass user since November 2003

Passes were introduced in late 2012, newfriendo

>le
>kys
Fuck off.

pastebin.com/6c7cAyK3

ꕤ Cred Forums Pass user since November 2003

I was actually just about to buy a pass.
This shit is making me want to vomit. Hiro's not getting a single cent from me.

Remember when Cred Forums was small enough we could spam and a single show across the entire board?

>poorfags got so assblasted they actually created a userscript to block pass users
I'm loving this new feature

Can you report Cred Forums Pass users for using a signature?

Cred Forums isn't any bigger than it was in 2009. It's just that the catalog and general threads have decapitated that kind of posting behavior.

It wasn't the small userbase so much as the availability of shows. Cred Forums would watch the same show together because that's the only thing they could watch.

It's actually a pretty good shitposting tool

>go to a random thread on Cred Forums
>grab a yurop VPN
>post some random shit using the pass capcode
>laugh as the thread gets instantly derailed

>inb4 Hiro sells all pass users credit card info like he has done before

No it wasn't, read Albert Pike's Three World Wars

Cred Forums was definitely smaller, from lower post limits to fewer users. I could see how there were fewer shows available, since we still depended on fansubs back then. But, I think it was mostly a smaller userbase. Generals work out cause there are too many users. I recall K-ON posters were encouraged to make Generals after a while because all the fucking threads shit up everything else.

R2 and Haruhi s2 would overtake the entire board when subs came out is what stuck with me.

It wasn't much smaller though.
The main growth had already happened before 09.

Posting culture also changed with the catalog and thread searching, before that most people just looked maybe a couple of pages for a thread about a particular show and then just make a new one of they didn't find any.

We still get thread spam with shitty shows popular with normalfags, vasuals and crossboarders, like KLK and UBW

Cred Forums got even worse, the industry is about the same I notice, except that the number of shows steadily keep increasing, or so it seems.

nah it got way shittier

2009 was my freshman year and one of those posts are mine, this is fucked

Yeah and I have a 13 inch dick.

Is it honestly that unbelievable?

It's not really a capcode, per se. It's kinda like the old sage -> heaven trick.

P.S.: I'M BACK BITCHES!

>high schooler watching k-on

Yes definitely.

I had watched Lucky Star before. That shits pretty entry level and K-On was all over the internet

But haruhi aired before k-on

>fate and kill la kill are popular with normalfags

I remember when faggot fucktards like you began invading

I hope you didn't watch any GAR shows then.

Wasn't it only S2 that gained Haruhi it's site-wide meme status?

In the past 6 months Cred Forums has felt a lot quieter than any time in the past 4 years or so. I've been putting it down to two fairly shit seasons, but I'm just wondering whether the recovery will ever come.

It's because you're filtering all the generals.

Theres two kind of normalfags, those who are exposed to the internet like here and reddit and those that aren't. The latter find anime beyond stuff like Bebop and DBZ to be weird and foreign as hell. Since the early 2010s everyone who browses these kinds of sites and knows the web is at least somewhat knowledgeable of anime's existence and nature in a somewhat contemporary sense.

But Cred Forums's population finally stabilized and *stopped* dropping.
That just goes to show that your personal feelings have nothing to do with what's really going on.

I quit anime in 2011 and just started watching again lately. I'm pretty sure Cred Forums today talks about the industry and other meta shit way more than it used to. I don't remember there being stalker threads and discussions of things like directors, sakuga, the LN industry etc. Also the generals have been a bit difficult to get used to. That said this place does seem to be either more well behaved or just more heavily moderated because I've noticed a lot fewer spam/truly awful threads than I remember.

Maybe I'm doing it subconsciously, but I hang out in 2 or 3 generals from time to time myself so I'm not completely filtering them.

>That just goes to show that your personal feelings have nothing to do with what's really going on.
I don't disagree. I was merely saying what I perceived to be the case. Even if the population has stabilised (how is that even calculated anyway?), the board feels a lot less alive to me than it did around 2012/2013.

When was the last time the board went mental over an anime for example? KLK? I know that's more representative of an anime's popularity than anything, but it serves as a decent benchmark of how alive Cred Forums actually is.

I don't think anybody denies that there are degrees of normalfaggotry.

>Also the generals have been a bit difficult to get used to
That's because they are 90% meta memes. If you even leave a general you regularly participate in for a few weeks, you'll return and be completely out of the loop.

>the board feels a lot less alive to me than it did around 2012/2013.
You don't understand what generals do.
Generals prolong thread life in general because they catch all discussion and all one-off threads about a particular show.
Lots of anons nowadays are disappointed when a thread dies with less than 500 replies. It's disgusting.
Threads aren't random anymore.
The OPs are mostly streamlined memes, and unless you're good at hijacking or derailing a thread, it will be about one anime and one anime only.
I've been thinking about starting a thread that is forcefully about 2 anime that have nothing in common with each other just to see what would happen.
>When was the last time the board went mental over an anime for example? KLK?
It's basically impossible to get such spam nowadays by natural means. It can still happen, but somebody needs to put an effort in, and that somebody is going to get banned as soon as the mods are done doing nothing at all.

>Lots of anons nowadays are disappointed when a thread dies with less than 500 replies. It's disgusting.
Are you referring specifically to generals here or all threads?

>The OPs are mostly streamlined memes, and unless you're good at hijacking or derailing a thread, it will be about one anime and one anime only.
Now that you mention it, it's a long time since I've seen a quality thread hijack that was actually sustained. It was always a difficult thing to pull off, but it has definitely become more of a rare sight in recent years.

>Are you referring specifically to generals here or all threads?
Most threads.

Cred Forums feels pretty similar, I guess. But at least the spammers are kill.

>paying for Cred Forums.

What are you talking about? Current Cred Forums is so low energy compared to 2011, and it's not just this shit season.

I'm not sure if I fully agree with that. Something has to go drastically wrong for a popular general not to hit 500, but most other threads that are discussing one particular topic regularly don't hit that mark and unless people were really invested in what was being discussed, only idiots will complain.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but Kill la Kill airing was the last high energy Cred Forums period that I remember. And that was 2013/2014.

I think you may have some rose-tinted glasses, user.

But it's also possible I've forgotten how things were, I don't know.

>how is that even calculated anyway?
I use this statistic.
archived.moe/a/statistics/activity/
It's been less precise ever since moe died, but you can still recognize general trends.

>But it's also possible I've forgotten how things were, I don't know.
Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but prior to 2014 I remember there always being at least 1 anime a year that caused Cred Forums reached high energy levels.

Maybe it's also the fact that Cred Forums keeps getting older.

That might have more to do with the industry than Cred Forums

But I also think anons have actually gotten better at keeping themselves to one thread. Even if something as popular as code geass happened again I don't think it would dominate the entire catalog like what happened back then.

Ah, so it's based on actual interaction on the board. I was thinking about site hits and such. I'd be interested to see how many people re frequenting the board these days and just not engaging. There was a time where I engaged in at least one thread every day, but I remember there being weeks on end this summer where I scrolled the catalog and just left again.

Really? I would have said for sure that the general Cred Forums population feels younger than it ever has.

What has been your favorite time on Cred Forums?

>Even if something as popular as code geass happened again I don't think it would dominate the entire catalog like what happened back then.
Look at Re:Zero though. That was a shitty anime that still managed to occupy about 20-25% of the catalog during its peak. If we got something on the scale of Kill la Kill or Code Geass again, I'd be certainly interested to see whether Cred Forums has truly changed or whether it's indeed the industry that has been the problem for the past 2-3 years.

Idol anime exists much longer

>Really? I would have said for sure that the general Cred Forums population feels younger than it ever has.
Official prejudice (based on polls that nobody could possibly have lied on) has it that Cred Forums is getting slightly older every year, on average.
This would make it different from Cred Forums which is mostly occupied by 18 year olds (and younger), but since anime is a hobby for outsiders that probably won't find a way back into society while vidya is to a good part a hobby that you do before you grow up and get a job, it sort of makes sense.

>Look at Re:Zero though.
And then look at Danganronpa.
That shit had hilariously fast threads. They went past the bump limits in typically less than 50 minutes.

This site is dead and you are literally paying money to confirm yourself as a newfag. What has this world come to?

But they are rather well contained though. 2 or 3 threads max at a time. I barely even notice them, which couldn't be said about the Re:Zero threads.

That is precisely my point.
At the activity they had going, they could easily have filled several more threads, and they refused to.
The board is changing.

Remember that the bump limit increased by 66% over 2011, so threads won't be created as often

Very good point. It's only when you put it as a percentage that I realise how significant of an increase that really is.

Would I therefore be right in saying that Re:Zero was more popular than I thought considering that it managed to sustain so many threads despite this new Cred Forums environment?

I don't know how much traffic the threads actually had. I can imagine a good number of them may have been made solely to irritate people that don't like re:zero.

I barely noticed them either. That's why in the middle of the season when Macross Delta fell off and I needed some entertainment I ended up giving Rezero a try instead of Dangenrompa. Containment has its drawbacks.

>Containment has its drawbacks.
I agree. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to strike a healthy balance between containment and thread spam. It's usually either one or the other.

2011 actually. Summer was way better than spring which was great and somehow fall was just as good. Also Nichijou, Fate Zero, Penguindrum and Steins;Gate all being two core made a really solid ongoing lineup. I think 2008-2009 were really lively and interesting years for the board so 2010-2011 was the sweet spot.

Hug me Cred Forums, I'm scared

As far as I can tell the biggest plus for generals is that less popular shows/threads can have productive discussion without falling off page 10 with less than 10 posts. I think you could strike a balance if you did something like have a bot make all the seasonal generals and then make it so those bot-made generals wouldn't fall of page 10 until they hit 500. The other 100 or so threads could be a free for all.

>can have productive discussion
That's some very wishful thinking, user.

Are you saying that with widespread mobileposting people can't even be bothered to check/bump a thread regularly?
I would tell them to kill themselves and let the thread die.

The death of fansubs.

Good because it finally ended all the autist drama bullshit that surrounded the fansubbing scene.

Bad because it means if a show like Joshiraku ever comes along again, it probably won't get the quality subtitles it deserves.

>productive discussion
Image dumping and "I want to X Y's Z" memes are not productive discussion.

>wouldn't fall of page 10 until they hit 500
But why?
There is literally no reason why threads need to reach 500 posts. This mindset is precisely why we get all this garbage - because the actual discussion is over and the thread should have died long ago.

>Bad because it means if a show like Joshiraku ever comes along again, it probably won't get the quality subtitles it deserves.
Oh, shut up.
Shows like Joshiraku never were subbed on time, but given enough popularity they DO get subbed eventually.

Main change on Cred Forums is everyone uses the catalog instead of page view, and auto-refreshing threads and (you)s have made people more likely to just sit around in single threads instead of posting in a whole bunch of different ones.

Generals have also become more commonplace but personally I don't understand the big deal with generals anyways. Keeps all the cancerous fanbases contained.

2011 was the last truly great year for anime.

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

>I don't understand the big deal with generals anyways. Keeps all the cancerous fanbases contained.
Fanbases didn't used to be as cancerous because they were part of Cred Forums.
Generals are no longer part of Cred Forums. They develop their own rules and their own memes.

Have you *seen* the JoJo threads?
JoJo fans used to be considered gentlemen on Cred Forums.

Yes, but his point is that now it would get the CR subs and then no one would ever bother subbing it properly because there's no incentive.

>image.jpg
>since 2011

Get out.

Mobile posters are the new cancer but we can't get rid of them.

Passposters are the freshest cancer and Hiro is pretending you can just "not use the feature" if you don't like it.

Cred Forums can't keep up with running costs, that's why the pass shit was added.

That was before the catalog.

Also don't you remember when KLK aired?

Bruh, with all due respect you need to get a life.

And that will be the reason he's not getting any money from me.

Jesus were passes really already out in 2012? Doesn't feel like it was that long ago Jewt started shilling them.

I fucking hate mobile posters. Especially when they refuse to use capital letters appropriately, employ abbreviations, and use mobile Youtube links.

Oreimo OVA was after the catalogue and it literally conquered Cred Forums. That was before generals were allowed, though.

>That was before generals were allowed, though.

Didn't IM@S have generals for a long time?

As someone who began posting only a month ago. I find it kinda sad how people wasted more than 1 year of their life on this pathetic site, I dont even want to know how you guys look like.

iM@S doesn't count, they were cool. Translating the anime&manga and shit.
Then when generals got really big again, one mod wanted to remove them all, but only killed iM@S before being fired. RIdiculous.

Most people on Cred Forums look normal.

Well for one a bunch of revisionists appeared and started forcing thread topics to conform to made up standards and the moderation complied. That's why you can't have fun here anymore.

Bruh on everything I'm so glad they added the catalog. I remember how shit it was going the pages of spam especially back when Higurashi was around

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the catalog and auto-refreshing threads are a thing.

Catalog was good when only we had it in the form of NEET catalog.
Giving plebs catalog was a terrible decision, same with extension.

I think 2009-2012 was such a good time that even though the industry situation right now is pretty good, people are declaring it dead left and right. I personally think 2017 will be our greatest year since.

>I'm pretty sure Cred Forums today talks about the industry and other meta shit way more than it used to. I don't remember there being stalker threads and discussions of things like directors, sakuga, the LN industry etc.
I will most likely get shat on for this but I think it's a good thing. Even though the level of discussion and knowledge is very shallow right now it might open avenues to better quality discussions eventually.

I've been here since 2006-ish. I have never had a "life" outside the internet. Honestly I think Cred Forums changes every few months. There is a new "trend" for threads every once in a while. Some stick and others seem to disappear or fade into obscurity, being completely forgotten over time. As the site becomes more well known there's bound to be more people coming in and that seems to influence the way many people here create threads, discuss, and perceive anime & manga. This can be good or bad depending on your own opinions.

Same thing happened on Cred Forums when video games were becoming more accessible to normalfags. You know, way back when crossboarding was pretty normal and Cred Forums was raiding other boards on Cred Forums.

It'll happen on Cred Forums as well unfortunately even though that was the reason I left Cred Forums completely some 5 years ago.

Killing the iM@S generals should have been reversed when that retard was fired. It's so difficult to discuss even the iM@S anime on Cred Forums any more.

They also actually used the textboards for discussion.

This