Decide to watch Log Horizon

>decide to watch Log Horizon
>give it the random episode test
>weeaboo ninja, retarded fighter and autistic furry who only says cat puns pop up on my screen

fucking dropped

Other urls found in this thread:

archived.moe/a/thread/95479152
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just like a real online game desu.

>random episode test
What the fuck user?

Kill yourself

you did well, shit was a boring fest.

You take a series, open a random number generator then watch the episode that comes up

If it's shit then its dropped

Good, don't bother with this garbage.

That's the most autistic way to judge a series as I've ever seen. Just do the one episode test like all of the normal people in the world. If the first episode is shit, drop it.

Why would you do that instead of watching it from the beginning like a fucking functioning human being?

First episodes are always shit

If an anime can't make me care about its characters in a single episode it doesn't deserve to have me watch it

anime makers know this so they cheat and make the first few episodes more engaging

if the series can't get me to care and understand the plot in a random episode why should I waste my time with multiple early episodes?

What is this shit?

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANTHROPOMORPHIC CHARACTER

>autistic random episode test
>implying Cred Forums cares about anyone's opinions
This isn't your blog, faggot

>First episodes are always shit

>they cheat and make the first few episodes more engaging

Is this some philosophical riddle or are you having a stroke?

if a series can't get me to care and understand the storyline in a single random episode then its shit, plain and simple

I should clarify

The first few episodes are always the worst, but animes crafters know you'll watch them first so they make them introduce the story so you have to watch them

I don't want to waste my time watching shit early episodes, so if an anime can't make me care with a random episode then I don't watch it cause its shit

>the first few episodes introduce the story

You mean like every kind of media that tells a story ever? Kill yourself you moron.

>implying I don't give any series the random episode/chapter test

I dodge a lot of bullets this way, and things like OPM or Firefly I still watch cause they're not shit

Its not my fault most anime forgers can't write a good standalone episode for the life of them

Strange, most shows generally have the first few episodes be a complete arc, with the first episode being an attempt to hook the viewer.

I don't know what the fuck you watch, maybe shitty slice of life shows with no centralized plot, but maybe stop being a faggot and doing this random episode test.

if every single episode can't hold my attention on its own merits it doesn't deserve to waste my time

if the random episode is good I'll watch from the beginning but im not playing into to gooks hands by watching the first episodes first

Beautiful thread.

This actually isn't that bad an idea. It's how everyone in the toonami generation was introduced to anime, and those shows were good enough to change our hobbies for a decade and more to come.

finally someone who isn't an autistic millennial

im curious what have you watched?

>toonami
>good
>implying it isn't the shitty programming block that formed the autistic normalfag DBZ fanbase and the like

what the hell do you expect when you watch a random episode in the middle of e series?

Sword Art Online was dodged, Fairy Tale was dodged, Fullmetal Alchemist was dodged

I'd say I'm doing pretty good so far

I expect it to be able to make me understand the story, care about the characters and enjoy the episode

If it can't then it's dropped

so, youve watched what exactly?

Well I dodged Bleach, I dodged Attack on Titan and I dodged Pokemon

A lot of those shows had recaps though.

>weeaboo ninja, retarded fighter and autistic furry
Sounds like your standard MMO party, completely realistic.

And if the random episode I get isn't a recap then it's dropped, ez pz

You didn't answer his question.

The idea is that the episode piques your curiosity. You see what the show is in medias res and decide if what you see is interesting enough to pursue further.

Its not so much what I've watched as what I haven't watched

I've avoided a lot of bad series

You also dodged the question kek

says someone who gives no shits about story and character development. i bet you think its awesome how kyoukai no rinne told you the same shit multiple times.

the show is in its second season, if you don't know what his haori does, go watch the first season and pay some attention to the shit you are watching.

How can you know they're bad if you didn't watch them ?

The 3-episode rule exist for a reason. Watching one episode at random is nonsense and watching only the first one is never going to show the big picture. If you drop it at the first episode you were not interested at all but if after three episodes the series is going nowhere you have the right to quit.

If you avoid a lot of things it's easier to list what you have watched.

well I've read a lot of books

Just missing the DPS that spends more time dead than alive, the mage who uses the wrong spells, and the healer who is too busy watching TV to heal.

why should I care?

So when are you going to tell the class what anime you've actually watched?

That's honestly an unexpected answer because the way you filter television is clearly biased towards more episodic works. But that still really isn't an answer to the initial question.

look I haven't really watched any anime, cause nothing's really passed my test yet

but as soon as something does it'll be amazing and I'll have saved a lot of time from watching opening episodes

It's almost as if it's a real MMO.

>fucking dropped
>he still hasn't heard nyanta pimpin new dub
For shame. For shame

Look at this guy. Look at him and laugh.

>>The first few episodes are always the worst, but animes crafters know you'll watch them first so they make them introduce the story so you have to watch them
>
>I don't want to waste my time watching shit early episodes, so if an anime can't make me care with a random episode then I don't watch it cause its shit
This isn't regular autism.... this advanced autism.

>cause nothing's really passed my test yet
Thats because your test is retarded you dumbfuck

just cause it hasn't worked yet doesn't mean it won't work

3 episode rule is fucking stupid too you newfag.

In 3 episodes you don't even get the main theme of the series.

>this thread

>random episode test
I could care less about your shitty taste, why the fuck would you think that test is remotely a good idea?

>He was not here when based Mamare posted in Cred Forums

Dropped it about 6 episodes in, what a fucking disgrace to MMO isekai bullshit. I felt like I was watching a fucking kids show. OP is right.

While OP just happened to stumble upon a shitfest of a show, this is still a fucking stupid way to judge most of them.

It's flawed because to, use some examples from other types of works, there's going to be a clear bias towards shows that maintain a status quo like the Simpsons or Ed, Edd n Eddy over dramas with a large cast like Game of Thrones.

I wasn't sold on following Log Horizon but after the author posted here and it got stickied, I followed the ride.

It was Nyanderful.

>decide to watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>Entire episode is just some college freshman watching a historical documentary for a 1500 word book report

fucking dropped

fuck all of you, it works, i have yet to watch a bad anime

As far as the plot goes this is correct but in three episodes you can also get a good idea of the visual direction, animation quality, sound track, etc. etc. which can really hamper your enjoyment if it doesn't mesh well with you. As much as we'd all like to say plot beats out all of those, these things are crucial in this medium.

You're a fucking retard.

Whatever helps you to sleep at night user
Also what shows did you really watched?

>literally hasn't even watched a single anime start to finish
>still claims to know that there's a general tend of first episodes being bad
>simultaneously claims first episodes are intentionally made more interesting
>of course he wouldn't know since he's never actually finished an anime
>just because my strategy, which I have no basis in anything since it is backed up by literally zero experience on my part, has never yet worked even a single time, doesn't mean it's a bad strategy!
This is some premium grade shitposting user, please continue

Got a link to the archive for that?

well then, I'm sure you'd love to share them with us wouldn't you

>fuck all of you, it works, i have yet to watch a bad anime
Except for the fact that the entire point of weeding out bad anime is so you that you can find the good ones
Pulling the weeds out of your garden is pretty useless if you don't, you know, actually have a garden

I'd rather skip 100 good animes than watch 1 bad one

my method has worked for this perfectly

>My retarded way of judging a show works, I am right

Some of us suffer through shit shows just to judge them and comment how bad they are. You on the other hand are some lottery fuckball faggot who decides a shows worth based on one episode at random.

The bait in this thread is real, or at least we got plebs posting. This is the last time I bump this shit thread goodbye.

I mean if i dont watch anime at all i wont watch bad anime either.

He was here three times, IIRC. This is the first one where he appeared in Cred Forums.
archived.moe/a/thread/95479152

Unfortunately, I don't have the other two. Maybe other user could share em.

So what series have you seen?
No seriously

That's fine - I appreciate this, user

>mfw my reply was there

God bless this author.

I've seen OPM which sort of passed my test but not really so I don't count it, watching it was good but the episode I randomly got was bad

kono suba i watched with a friend who told me i was retarded and made me watch it with him, it was also good

Since OPM was good despite not passing I watched Mob Psycho 100

my process hasn't turned up anything yet but it will

>I've seen OPM which sort of passed my test but not really so I don't count it, watching it was good but the episode I randomly got was bad
So your test failed but the anime was still good
>kono suba i watched with a friend who told me i was retarded and made me watch it with him, it was also good
>Since OPM was good despite not passing I watched Mob Psycho 100
You didn't subject either of these two to the test but still enjoyed them

So you're telling me you have three cases where an anime was good despite failing your test
Yet you don't even have ONE case of an anime passing your test and ending up being good

So how can you claim you test is any good?

>>give it the random episode test

but I don't have a single result of my test being bad either

you can look at the internet and find thousands of people complaining about animes they watched which passed their 3 episode test

there are thousands of failures to the 3 episode test but my test hasn't had one

How was born this 3 episode rul?

ITT

OP, let me tell ya. You made me remember the good ol' days when trolling was a true art form. I guess I can let gookmoot kill Cred Forums now with a smile on my face, knowing it wasn't all a perpetual slide from shit into dumber shit.

Godspeed you crazy bastard.

He didn't say it was shit and he didn't drop it because he didn't understand the storyline either, he simply dropped it because he found out the show simply didn't mesh well with his overall taste, he didn't care for the characters, their designs or the way they interacted. Read a little man, honestly Log Horizon is really shit.

This goes in my book as one of the most retarded and completely autistic things I have seen on this board.
>picks some random shit in the middle of the series and claims to know for a fact a series is trash based on a zero context, perhaps even one-off weird moment in an anime
>says that "first episodes are always shit" and thinks they aren't a good indicator of quality, but thinks that some random moment in the middle is a good indicator
It's like if you open something like Evangelion and see some retarded cube monster destroying a city and drop it because it isn't cool enough, but if you randomly get the part where an eva unit goes berserk, you'd probably pick it up because of muh badass mechas. Go kill yourself OP

>defending your autism
No, OP, you are shit.

That would work on a show that was episodic and has some monster-of-the-week thing going. Some shows makes you invest on characters and plot before character development and twists/reveals. If you do this for all shows, you basically ruin it before it has time to grow on you.

Sorry to break it you but I'm not OP and not everyone loves Log Horizong, and even more, it's perfectly ok to dislike a show or series simply because you don't like its "style" or more specifically its character designs.

This is probably bait, but I'll bite. I do the same when picking a book to read; just flip to some random page in the middle and see if the prose agrees with me, so OP's test may not be too far off the mark.

You are both stupid. The first few episodes are always better animated, that's where the bigger part of the budget go. The other problem is that the story won't catch on in 1-3 episodes. You wo't get a clear picture of the animation, nor the story.
Choosing completely random is wrong as well. You might end up with a recap episode, or just find a bad episode of an otherwise good anime. Choosing 3 random episodes would be better, but there is a much better approach.
The best way to decide, is to watch the very last episode, then the one before it. The last episode will give you a taste of the story and you can decide if it's retarded or not. Th second to last episode will give you a clear taste of the general animation. That's the lowest point, if it's bearable there, it will be good every other episode.

We are not talking about Log horizon here,we are talking about the stupid method that OP uses for picking series

I'll say though, this is something you can probably check by cover alone, like you don't even need to watch an actual episode to see you dislike it style so Op was definitely trying to look past that somehow or simply didn't bother looking up anything prior to watching.

That's quite autistic

>spoiling the last episode is better than choosing a random episode

my way works, and doesn't spoil the anime

your way would just ruin it for yourself

>Sword Art Online was dodged
Whew, you dodged a bullet there user.

I already made my point don't try to deviate your argument, as shit as you might consider OP's method it still gives him a superficial understanding of the show, which in this case was enough for him to realize it wasn't his thing.

This is retarded. Watching the last two episodes in reverse order spoils the tension of the entire series.

99% of anime has a fucking stupid twist in the end that ruins the whole show. This way, I can weed it out before spending my time on it.

Random also spoils you retard. What if you hit an episode with a big reveal? Or an important character death.

How would you know if it ruins the show if you haven't seen the show and have no idea the context of the twist. As an example the last two episode of tatami galaxy is entirely different from the rest of the series.

except that's so unlikely to happen it effectively can't

its called statistic retard

so what have the op watched? i wanna know

No, you're trying too hard. OP's version is just believable enough while still being hilarious, and he's stuck to it admirably. Trying to find something even dumber is either a bad change of strategy or stupid one-up-manship.

>How would you know if it ruins the show if you haven't seen the show and have no idea the context of the twist.
I watch the openings.

>As an example the last two episode of tatami galaxy is entirely different from the rest of the series.
Shit, you got me with this. I'll go and watch the third to last episode too. But still, watching last and second to last episodes usually is enough.

If there is a reveal in 1 episode and you don't include he first or last episode in the random selection (which you seem to imply is what you do) you have a 1/10 chance with most series. If you watch several hundred anime (which you should if you're even posting on Cred Forums) you've spoiled 50-60 series for yourself.

The day when the OP sifts through the shit piles of anime and finds that one diamond, the heavens shall rejoice and once more an epic tier anime will be forged of fire.

I am 100% certain that this is bait.

Simply because I can't allow myself to believe this idiocy breathes the same air as I do.

OP's strategy makes sense.
>3x throughput of 3 episode rule
>doesn't go by high budget initial episodes reducing chance of false positive
Better to miss a good anime than watch a bad one.

So many newfags ITT thinkinh that the OP created the random episode test, this test has been on Cred Forums since 2002.

>Better to miss a good anime than watch a bad one.

the op haven't watched anything he just random pick a episode watch half of it and call it shit

I'm not trying to find something dumber.

My method is simply:
>read summary
>watch pv and op
>watch first episode
Then I make my decision. If I end up not liking it part way through I drop it.

>Shit, you got me with this. I'll go and watch the third to last episode too. But still, watching last and second to last episodes usually is enough.
Are you fucking stupid? I mean you can't be serious.

If you're going to watch three episodes anyway why not watch the enjoyable ones then just drop it if you stop liking it?

I mean seriously, why watch three disconnected episodes.

If you do this in a plot heavy anime of course you're going to appreciate it less because you don't know the characters, context, or motivations. As an example from the last seasons imagine doing this with 91 Days, or Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. it would completely ruin the series.

> Disgrace to MMO isekai bullshit
user pls

How is that not true? The vast majority of Cred Forumsnons will not watch every good anime ever made therefore missing a good anime is not catastrophic. But time is a big bottleneck because watching anime takes time so wasting time on a bad series is terrible mistake.
You're testing for good series.

>ooh a Log Horizon thread
>it's just people pissing at OP

Prove you aren't just shitposting right now, OP

well I can't really blame you. the show really did nose dive by making the show ever not about tactician and his knight bro

>How is that not true?
You can drop a bad series at any time. If a good series goes on your black list you likely will never pick it back up.

>You're testing for good series.
Yes, and you're very likely to ruin good series for yourself.

Especially if you watch three episodes. You'll spoil yourself more often than not because you're watching a quarter of the series.

There aren't enough good anime for this to be true.

muh random episode rule;
0 successes

Seems very productive

You watch ONE random episode, not three dumbass.
>If a good series goes on your black list you likely will never pick it back up.
Maybe if your stupid.
Yes there are.

Try random episode rule
mfw get last episode

yeah but also 0 failures

it's better to miss every single good anime than watch 1 bad anime,

with this method I dodged Sword Art Online, Fairy Tale, Fullmetal Alchemist and Himouto! Umaru-chan

you gotta have some perspective

Stupidity really has no limits

>Maybe if your stupid.
What is even the point then?

You watch a random episode, get a bad one, and later you come back and watch a different random episode? In this case you may eventually find a singleton good episode in a bad series and get a false positive, unless you have a cut off point.

Even so, even if you only watch one if you exclude the first and last episode you still have a 10% chance of spoiling yourself (if the series has only one twist, worse if it has more, but I'm going off the idea it has one twist per cour).

Over hundreds of series (which anyone on Cred Forums should have watched hundred before they even think about posting) you'll be spoiling dozens of shows for yourself.

This method is retarded.

Just watch a series, drop it when you stop enjoying it. If the first few high quality episodes don't grab you then nothing will. The only thing that really drops off is animation quality, writing, dialogue, voice acting, and sound don't have hard drop offs due to budget in most cases. If the story doesn't interest you then don't watch it.

If I decide to watch a series solely for the animation then very likely the animation is fantastic enough it won't have a drop off.

Please link me a series with a bad plot, and amazing animation in the first episode that turns to shit by episode 3 to prove me wrong, go ahead.

>Defendind the stupid random episode method
>Calls other people stupid
Are you mentally challenged by any chance

>what is rerolling?

god its like I'm arguing with a class of retards, no wonder you all still use the 3 episode rule

The very least you can do is buy a shitload more screens and watch as many anime as possible at once. After all, "time is such a bottle neck".

But FMA is good thats one failure right there user-kun

Spoiling is low probability and if episode is good you enqueue the series, by the time you get around to it you will have forgot any spoiler.
If you're a serious anime watcher you have to cut corners in order to maximize consumption of quality anime. We can't all afford to watch a couple garbage series every year.
Are you?
Once you have identified a good series you watch it seriously dingus.

So it's the "random episode minus the last episode" rule now?

>it's better to miss every single good anime than watch 1 bad anime,

it failed the test, ergo its shit, ergo shut up

Log Horizon is not a bad portrayal of an actual MMO

>weeaboo ninja, retarded fighter and autistic furry who only says cat puns pop up on my screen

See? MMORPGs are full of weeaboos who think they're ninjas and unfunny furry faggots!

(you)

Are you going to skip the first three episodes as well, if you r going to randumb do it randumber

>Spoiling is low probability and if episode is good you enqueue the series, by the time you get around to it you will have forgot any spoiler.
I mean if you actually have a terrible memory.

>If you're a serious anime watcher you have to cut corners in order to maximize consumption of quality anime. We can't all afford to watch a couple garbage series every year.
Again, if you're fucking retarded. Missing good series is FAR worse than watching a bad series because a bad series you can simply drop.

I mean fucking hell I watch 20-30 shows a season and work through my backlog at a rate of 1 show per week + a film, occasionally watching 2 a week. I would much rather drop a show I don't like on episode 5 and start a new one rather than miss a good show.

You are actually retarded, god damn.

people are complaining you could spoil yourself (even though its statistically impossible to do so w/ the random test) so I posted a fix

if you get an episode that doesn't sound good when you read up on it, then you reroll or just drop the series

it's really not that hard user

>You watch ONE random episode, not three dumbass.
Ah yes, it would be retarded to watch THREE random episodes. Get a grip user.

How are you supposed which episode has spoilers and which ones don't if you haven't seen the show it.

>I mean if you actually have a terrible memory.
Not all of us are idiot savants emphasis on the idiot in your case.
>Missing good series is FAR worse than watching a bad series because a bad series you can simply drop.
Nope, there's plenty of good series I don't need to hit every single one. A bad series is time wasted not watching a good series.

>(even though its statistically impossible to do so w/ the random test)
You keeps saying this, and are simply wrong.

If a show has 1 spoiler, and you exclude the first 2 episodes because of high budget (something that you said this is trying to avoid), and the last episode (because of not wanting to see resolution), then you have 10 eligible episodes (if the series is 13 episodes long).

If there is 1 spoiler (which we shall just use as an average), then you have a 10% chance.

How the fuck is 10% a statistic impossibility. If you watch hundreds of anime that dozens of spoiled series that you ruined for yourself.

>what is reading comprehension

you read the episode synopsis on the series wiki, if it sounds good you watch, if it doesn't you reroll or drop the series

if the series isn't big enough to have a synopsis on all its episodes it's probably not worth it anyway, so then just drop it

OP, Madoka Magica has a lot of fucking spoiler moments, you would have to have really terrible memory to not remember the interesting spoilers in good shows.

>Not all of us are idiot savants emphasis on the idiot in your case.
No seriously, do you just forget what you watch?

>Nope, there's plenty of good series I don't need to hit every single one. A bad series is time wasted not watching a good series.
I actually can't take you seriously. You realize you can just stop watching a bad series, right?

Please tell me a show that has a great start and shits the bed, they're actually very uncommon. There aren't enough for you to worry about and it's far worse to ruin good series for yourself that possibly watch 3 of a bad one.

Fucking hell, I am being trolled I should just stop replying.

Fuck every single on of you. I'm out.

10% is 1 in 10, that's a really low chance, so yes I would consider it a statistic impassibility

i wouldn't know cause I dropped that shit when it failed the test, magic girls is a dumb overused cliche

The synopsis likely will have a spoiler.

>if the series isn't big enough to have a synopsis on all its episodes it's probably not worth it anyway, so then just drop it
Fucking hell, I can't stop laughing.

synopsis's can't have spoilers in them, that's why they're synopsis's not retellings

and it's true, if an anime is so shit nobody has bothered to make a synopsis then its not worth my time

>10% is 1 in 10
Good job, you know what percentage means.

>that's a really low chance, so yes I would consider it a statistic impassibility
Fucking hell, seriously? So you're saying ruining 10% of anime for yourself is better than watching and extra episode or two of bad series? How fucking autistic is your time keeping?

Good anime doesn't rely on epic twists.

we only have so much time on this earth, I'd rather not waste it watching shitty anime

I can't help it if you don't value your time

The vast majority of series have episode summaries, not spoiler free synopsis.

I can't fucking handle how much of a newfag you are.

Go on, tell me your favorite anime. I'd love to fucking hear.

But you get the main theme by watching a random fucking episode that could be a filler for all you know

do you do the random chapter test?

>we only have so much time on this earth, I'd rather not waste it watching shitty anime
You realize we've been having this argument now for half an hour, enough time to check an anime. You're not doing much for your argument that you value time. I can't take anyone seriously that they value their time when they're shit posting on Cred Forums.

Character death is almost always shocking, any show you hit an episode with a character death you've now ruined.

One Punch Man

It's the closest something's ever come to passing my test

in fact, its so good its the only thing that ever has

if a show has to rely on plot twist or >omg so shocking moments, then it's shit

I'm better off spoiling it for myself than wasting time watching it

you don't need to, they have everything you need to know on the back of the book

how the fuck would I enjoy a book without knowing who the characters are or what's going on?

You watch a show with a mystery.

You hit the episode they reveal the mystery (often not the last episode).

Or are all mystery shows garbage?

If you're saying any form of shock makes a show bad I really can't take you seriously. If you're saying there is now way that revealing information early could detract from the enjoyment of a show, again I really can't take you seriously.

Also, you'll hit series where your enjoyment and understanding will be lessened by lack of context, leading to false negatives.

Too bad Madoka Magica is so full of cute girls doing cute things

But OP, according to you, nothing has ever passed your test. Which means you've ONLY ever watched shit anime. Sure you've dropped every one of them. But that still means that even using your method, you've only ever watched shit.

>tfw watched both bad and great animes from beggining to end

Developing taste over the years literally made me a better person

>how the fuck would I enjoy a book without knowing who the characters are or what's going on?
How do you enjoy an anime without this?

oh my god this thread made my day
thank you OP for your autism

>how the fuck would I enjoy a book without knowing who the characters are or what's going on?
The fucking irony, kill yourself you waste of space

I too eat gourmet food and literal feces. It's made me a better person.

>food analogy

That's cool, actually I ended up watching a lot of shows just because I would watch a random scene on youtube or see cool fanart.

anime and books are different

anime like any other episodic medium should be able to pull its viewer in with any episode, through characters, plot art and music

if an anime, cartoon or whatever fails to do this it is shit and should not be watched

books only have plot, so of course you can't use the same rule

what anime is this from? might have to give it the test

Fucking amazing. Truly.

it's accurate, and you lot don't seem to be able to understand basic logic or statistics

must be sad that your parents gave birth to an autistic person there is a reason why there is something called the first 3 episode rule

>you lot don't seem to be able to understand basic logic or statistics
Right back at ya buddy

>what anime is this from? might have to give it the test
Fuck man I'm at work, don't make me actually start laughing at my desk.

Was it autism, lads?

It is obviously related to the show I was talking about.

mfw OP does dubs random test to check Madoka Magica

I and many others have tried and disliked the 3 episode rule

anime builders use all their budgets in the first 3 episodes to trick you into watching the rest

so instead, you roll a random episode, look it up and if it sounds good, you watch it

otherwise, its dropped

easy

>what anime is this from? might have to give it the test
Its Madoka magica the same series that you passed as"dumb magical girls" YOU FUCKING RETARD YOUR METHOD IS STUPID

He already said he goes back and redoes tests on shows that failed. Which completely invalidates his "I don't have time to watch bad series" claim. He literally goes back and watches multiple random episodes of shows he claims he doesn't have time for.

I didn't ever watch it, I rolled the fifth episode, saw what it was about (magic girls) and dropped it

magic girls is an overused cliche and I value my time enough to not watch magic girl shows

>anime builders use all their budgets in the first 3 episodes to trick you into watching the rest
This only applies to animation. Story, Sound Quality, and VA quality don't drop off. You could literally perform the same functionality by watching 30 seconds of animation from the middle of the series and not spoil yourself.

Writers don't suddenly stop writing at episode 3 because there is no increased fiscal budget for writing.

Fuck man you're dumb. All you're doing is testing animation, watching a show you can't enjoy because you don't have any context, and possibly spoiling yourself. Then when something fails YOU DO IT AGAIN later.

>all this anons who waste time watching shit anime
dummys

>watches completely random episodes from shows he does not know yet
>I value my time

I started watching anime as a teenager because i saw the episode Gaara versus Rock Lee. Totally random i don't even watched this channel. Imagine guys, if it din't happen i would be a normal fag.

Just joking i started playing an MMO because a school friend talked to me about it, started reading on forum to find information about it then after big depression over a girl i dated back then and a huge argument with my normalfags friends i started focusing on bullshit on the internet and drugs all day and i finally ended up on Cred Forums.

And you user, why do you want to die?

fuck thats good

I should do the 30 second thing, it'd save me a lot more time

right, I'll mix that into my method, thanks user

So you like shounen. That's what I read.

>wasting your time watching random episode, then doing it again later

I'd rather just watch the first episode. I can think of less than five series that have large enough quality drop offs that I would say they go from being a good to a bad anime. If you can think of a lot tell me, because it really doesn't happen that often.

I actually think you're wasting more time than me.

Also you're wasting your time right now, you're arguing on Cred Forums now for nearly an hour.

OP, it is just so fun to poke at your stupidity.

If you are the smartest on this thread like you say you are I have no hope for humanity

I imagine this guy is rolling on the floor laughing his ass off at how many (You)s he's gotten through pure bait. It's not difficult to tell, especially after he straight up admits he's never watched an anime since nothing ever passes the test.

See I can actually see this working:

>watch series PV
>read series summary/pitch
>pick random episode and watch 15-20 seconds to get an idea of mid series animation quality
>watch first episode

There you fucking go, it's functional now. There is essentially no chance of spoiling yourself, you get an idea of midseries animation quality, and you don't fucking waste your time watching random episodes of series. Fucking christ.

Nice try OP

i agree up till the >watch first episode

if I'm not into it up to that point why bother watching the glamoured up shit that is the first episode of any anime ever?

>the random episode test
>some autistic shit I made up and gave a title to make it sound legitmate

Also,
>anime makers
>anime crafters
>anime forgers

>dodged

so you made opinions based on what other people tell you to like, but never watch it and form your own opinion?

this level of cuckoldry is legend

Either watch a random episode or the first, the time investment is essentially identical. Only watching PVs and reading summaries don't give you an overall feel for a show.

Read the thread idiot, he watch random episode. Watching because of other people is even worse. I watched 7 episodes of Re:Zero because of that...

literally the exact opposite

people say those are all good animes, and my random episode test proved them wrong

just because its cutting edge anime theory doesn't make it autistic user

>watch a random episode
so do what I was already doing?

Then just make your decisions for yourself. Neither you nor OP does that apparently.

>I watched 7 episodes of Re:Zero because of that...
Oh my god, I'm so sorry...

>so do what I was already doing?
No fucker I was comparing them in terms of time investment, not saying you should go back to doing it.

Watching a random episode has essentially no upside to seeing midseason animation quality with a 10-15 second check and watching the actual first episode.

>people say those are all good animes, and my random episode test proved them wrong
lel

>cutting edge anime theory
>a sample size of 1
>ignoring the rules of statistics

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

why are you so insistent on the first episode?

I thought I made it clear that anime constructors use all their budget in the first few episodes to rope viewers in?

that's what I'm trying to avoid dumbass

>english is hard

can't wait till our god-emperor builds the wall and throws you back over.

So i had an idea, OP do you have some time to spare?Because i want you to prove your "Random episode rule" right here right now
I wanna recomend you Kaiji.Can you watch one random episode and tell me if passes your test?

>animes

Try and get this through your thick skull.

What drops off later than episode 3 is animation. Watching a few seconds of the midseason shows you what the midseason animation quality is.

Writing, VAs, Sound Direction, Direction, Color Palettes, etc do not change because they do not incur greater fiscal costs for varying quality between episodes like animation does (animation is literally required time, unlike it most other stuff's increases or decreased cost for quality is minimal). Therefore you'll see what animation you're in for and actually get the first episode's introduction to the plot.

Also FUCKING FUCK if you say anime constructor one more fucking time I think I'm actually going to pop a vein.

sure, if it'll prove you retards wrong

what anime do you have in mind?

go away Cred Forumstard
let's laugh at OP's autism without you people ruining every thread you touch

>2016
>Not using the Bechtel test to determine if an anime is shit or not.

Get on my level OP

Madoka Magica

>what anime do you have in mind?
Can you actually not read?

Oh come on now

Toonami shows typically had no/minimum continuity.

>go away
>lets laugh

you're fucking retarded. make up your mind because right now i'm laughing at your autism.

>random episode test
I knew this was going to be a good thread.

He watches*

What else seƱor?

Its Kaiji OP read more carefully the next time

Social media was a mistake.
And so was MAL.

>budget drops off dramatically
>but no, nope this has no effect writing or va
someone doesn't understand how anime formationers work

You can't even fucking read, and you expect people to actually listen to a 'test' that is flawed based on statistics, probability and the scientific method in general?

You have to be 18 to post here and I recommend you stop watching anime and go to school tomorrow like a good little boy.

Yes, because they switch VAs after episode 3. Hana kana was a trick. And the script writer ran out of pens.

>not using the proper term: anime constructor

It's like you've never heard of a contractor who contracts or a conveyer which conveys?

Faggot.

How would that even work? You think they give expensive VA's characters fewer lines after episode 3, or what?

okay okay sorry, fuck

alright I read the wiki and can't find episode synopsis's anywhere

like I said in if its not good enough to have a synopsis then its dropped

ergo, it fails the test obscure is shit 99% of the time

no you dumbass faggots its because the sound equipments the anime productioners are using are worse since the budgets is lowers

>ergo, it fails the test obscure is shit 99% of the time
>Kaiji
>obscure
My sides are in orbit

Now you got me interested.

We had to sell our equipment after episode 3 and buy new cheaper ones. We do this for every anime.

I like you, have one of my favourite bait images

>obscure is shit 99% of the time
You missed that 1% Kaiji is fucking gold ergo your "test" is shit.Goodbye everybody this thread is closed now

It is better to miss the 1% than wast etime watching garbage.

This is the best bait I've seen in a long time.
Thank you for restoring my faith in this place, I thought the golden age was gone. It turns out it only needs shitposting pioneers to reawaken it.

Kaiji is by no means obscure, by a long shot. The creator of the manga is famous, his series are extremely popular.

It's not 1 percent of series that you'll be missing, it's above 50.

You're a psuedo-intellectual idiot who is unaware of what real intelligence means, as well lacking possession of it.

You're literally the kid in a class who thinks they are highly intelligent because of being arrogant from getting a B on a test, but can never do better because they are shallow.

Have fun OP, but leave the heavy thinking in the real world to people who actually back up their methods with facts, math and science.

>random episode test
>anime makers
>anime crafters
>anime forgers
>anime builders
>anime constructors
I only regret that I didn't get to this thread earlier.

Just searched Kaji is fucking gay

Why waste time watching poor adaption of a good manga?

I'm gay for Kaji alright

The Kaiji adaption is both good and faithful.

OP can't random episode test non animu.

>a lot of ten-year-olds started watching anime because of random DBZ episodes they saw, so therefore it's a good idea to judge series based on random episodes

Anime adaptions can never be faithful because panel composition and other properties inherent to the medium of manga are so important. Watching an anime adaptation is like eating frozen pizza.

Yeah, let's just not fucking adapt stories ever.

Frozen pizza is pretty good though.

Which one is the "gold" anime?

Bruh

Saint Seiya?

When did I say that? Frozen pizza is still being made and I never said I think they should stop making frozen pizza. It's just if you come to pizza enthusiast board and began discussing how it's not delivery it's dorgiono I will look askance.
Maybe if you're drunk and it's 3:00AM but I suppose this is how Cred Forums consumes their anime these days.

>He wasn't around for Toonami
Nigga I was stuck on Namek for YEARS

Nigga you're dumb.

Are we really going to disscus pizza now? Jesus christ this thread

>weeaboo
I think she's Japanese so maybe you don't know what that means.

I'm 100% sure I eat more pizza than you, and many frozen pizzas are perfectly fine.

fucking food analogies

Food is something that even mouth breathers such as yourself should understand. Perhaps I was being too optimistic.
What's your favorite frozen pizza brands?

>Food is something that even mouth breathers such as yourself should understand. Perhaps I was being too optimistic.
nigga, just stop

What happens if he rolls the same episode twice? Does autism demand he rewatch it?

You remove seen episodes from probability space. This should be obvious, but I guess it's more important to just shitpost and mock people than come up with solutions to problems.

What are you now the Baron of the pizza?
Stop getting triggered by food its 1 AM where i live and i'm getting hungry

There was no problem. You're the only one with an issue. Has anyone in this fucking thread besides you thought your method was a good idea? No. Yet you're fighting tooth and nail to try and make other people convert to your retarded ways bruh.

>the Baron of the pizza
Now that's a good frozen brand.

I'm not OP.

So you were just talking shit? Go to bed kid.
Hahaha

I actually try not to drop shows even if I think they're bad.
There's been quite a few times I've struggled to complete the first few episodes only to discover the show is amazing

While that's true it goes without saying the opposite is also true

The experience of watching a good show is worth a couple of trash shows anyday

>He doesn't like pepperoni pizza
>He likes pineapple pizza

More like 5 minutes.

40 times.

pineapple pizza was invented by a demon from Hell

This is blind nostalgia incarnate.

We would have watched any anime which was available just because it was so fucking different from anything we had ever seen before. It was the only anime most of us had ever seen! That was all we needed when we were fucking fourteen.

>designs a systematic method for avoiding bad anime
>never watches any anime
This nigger may be on to something.

>blogshit
Just do it already.