I randomly found a 26 ep boxset of Super Gals at the DVD store

I randomly found a 26 ep boxset of Super Gals at the DVD store

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
youtube.com/watch?v=aNlkiymcT1Q
bakabt.me/149244-super-gals-kotobuki-ran-complete-xvid-a-fanrips.html
desuarchive.org/a/thread/148086815/#148086815)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doin a comparison

Colors are less faded, not squished dimensions

The first few episodes are all 720x480 on the torrents but a few in the latter half of the ADV stuff are in 640x480

This pic should be 720x480 that I took from the torrent that's on bakabt and nyaa

I was planning on watching this. Keep going.

So from what I'm guessing going through my old screenshots with the only DVD screenshots I have being the ones I posted

Episodes 16~26 on the torrents have jacked up proportions where they're squished horizontally. Either this is the fault of A-FanRips or they come from a different source like I'm guessing the complete series box which was NOT done by ADV but rightstuf who handled the series past episode 26

Maybe it's just my codecs because the last two screenshots are basically identical

But at the very least episodes 16~26 are screwed up on the torrent sites

I found boxset of Ben-to and FMP: Fumoffu at a Goodwill once. I bought both since they were only $3 each. I was surprised as all I had ever seen before were single DBZ and Naruto DVDs. Oh, and a single Evangelion VHS. That was an odd find too.

It would be nice to do something about the squished episodes but it'd be a pain in the ass and I'm not even sure about the DVD quality of 27 on but looking through my screenshots they look to be a bit better than 16-26 without any black bars like the ADV releases both torrent and physical.

There's also the possibility that the complete series collection is not the shits, or that the ADV release was actually stretched which I would not doubt for a second because they're immense fuckups and A-FanRips tried to fix things by squashing the aspect ratio

Still, I'm decently happy I got this set(even though it was all the posters it apparently had but this is probably at least ten years old and the cardboard box with the six DVD cases in it was kinda dirty). No matter what the faults are with the release, it's a super good show

Rip the OP and slap that webm somewhere.

The quality difference between the DVDs I have and the torrents (for Episodes 1-15) is neglible and I am guessing is solely due to codec stuff so you could do that yourself also I'm an idiot which is one of the reasons I would not do anything with this series.

My friend has alerted me that Super Gals is banned from bakabt because it's probably licensed and also cannot be found on nyaa either. So if you want to watch it, I don't have an AB account so get it from there cause he says it's there. Or get the DVDs. I'm really sorry if anyone got interested

>There's also the possibility that the complete series collection is not the shits, or that the ADV release was actually stretched which I would not doubt for a second because they're immense fuckups and A-FanRips tried to fix things by squashing the aspect ratio
I think the correct thing to do is store the video as 720 and render it at 4:3 (640).

I meant rip just the opening and upload it to pomf or something.

I found a torrent on IsoHunt, but it looks dead.

Unless you want to tell me exactly what to do I'm going to (attempt) to nigger it apart in WMM and (attempt) to use a MP4/avi to WEBM converter

You must have an AB account

It doesnt get any simpler than this.
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

The key here is to select the opening start and end time in trim. And remember to tick audio. Nothing can go wrong.

I gotta download handbrake too to rip the dvd I think and then go to town on it

>not using virtualdub to rip DVD

Oh well
It'll done nonetheless eventually

>You will never para para with qt high school peers in the 90's early 00's
youtube.com/watch?v=aNlkiymcT1Q

>My friend has alerted me that Super Gals is banned from bakabt because it's probably licensed
bakabt.me/149244-super-gals-kotobuki-ran-complete-xvid-a-fanrips.html
Am I missing something?

Nah OP and his friend are just idiots

Maybe something's wrong with our thing then because he and I both used the method he taught me of searching "______ site:bakabt.me" and got bupkis instead of that link. So it should all be daijobu then, our mistake but mostly his

Anyways this thing is taking like an hour for a minute and a half clean opening in the highest quality. So if things get super bad and this thread dies before the webm is made I'll put it up on the ghost version of this thread

>the first episode is literally an enjo kousai story that almost ends with the girl whoring herself out
WHAT THE FUCK

>but mostly his
I just asked if you had the link, you were the one who told me it was banned.

Shut up

But it's a heartwarming story of troubled teens seeing the like. Ran is literally JK-Onizuka. She even has 'THAT' theme everytime she inturrpts for her lecture of someone.

Not "THAT" anything but "THAT".

There aren't very many heavy episodes

I LOVE SUPER GALS

WIDE

My computer's going to be on all night encoding this tiny crap in the best quality possible

You gonna put this one up?

That would be a big pain in the butt

>at the DVD store
That's still a thing?

SAIKIN BOKU WA NANI

BAAAARIBARIBARIBARIBARIBARIBARI

It's a really good OP

>40% done ripping
just

Come on man, you can do it

First off, I'm hoping this isn't jimbo d
Second, it would be a huge pain in the ass for me personally to do something at a good quality. Especially with my computer. Ripping the video at the highest quality possible would take a long time. I started this rip of the clean OP five and a half hours ago and it's at only 60 percent when it's a minute and a half clip
Third, I don't know how to do most of this stuff so I would have to teach myself
Fourth, the quality difference would be negligible outside of episodes 16-26 as you can see from and being near identical as right from the DVD rips
Fifth, I don't know if there's sufficient demand
And even if there was, my sixth point is that I don't have the remaining twenty six episodes and wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a set incomplete if I did all this hypothetical friggin work and abuse to my poor toaster

i needs it!

I understand user

Do whatever youre are able and willing to do. It may not look like it but a ton of people will appreciate any contribution.

At the very least I will do my best(which means it may take a bit because I don't know how good the rip I did will even be) to make an adequate webm of aitsu cause I don't know any of that encoding magic

It would be very obnoxious to make a thread just to post a link to webm, so remember to check this thread out in ghost (desuarchive.org/a/thread/148086815/#148086815)

Another thing to note from the bakabt page:
>Episodes 01-15 are anam. 4:3 (720:540), both seasons use several framerates (25, 23.98 and 29.97 fps), the last 5 eps of S2 have AAC audio and eps 02-05 have the wrong aspect ratio set (16:9).
I have no idea how much of that is with the raws or the release. Will check it out later cause it doesn't seem I took any comparison shots from those episodes

I hope you crop off the black borders and set the aspect ratio to 4:3 as it should be. Your video player doesn't seem to do this and you should delete it.

>I started this rip of the clean OP five and a half hours ago
what the fuck are you doing? That's like a 5 minute job at most on the shittiest computer.

>what the fuck are you doing
I have no idea and just put all the sliders to maximum quality hoping it turns out the best. It probably won't but I'm going to pass out now and see how badly I did in the morning and be ashamed of myself for my incompetency then

This show is everything great about 90s shoujo art.

>I found boxset of Ben-to and FMP: Fumoffu at a Goodwill once. I bought both since they were only $3 each. I was surprised as all I had ever seen before were single DBZ and Naruto DVDs.

Ever wonder if those artifacts were the worldly possessions of some Cred Forumsnon that planar shifted? I can imagine some relative cleaning up afterwards and dropping a bunch of DVDs and plastic butts off at a donation center.

Picked up.

same here and its great!

>tfw watched and rewatched this series in whole about 4 times long ago

Went from liking Aya the most to Miyu being best girl.