Time for the age old question

Time for the age old question.

Both Kaiji and Akagi are placed in a mahjong match where either can lose their life. To make it more interesting, the format type is Washizu. Who wins?

No one as mangaka dies from old age.

The match never ends.

HE HATES IT.

Akagi is a mahjong god and legend
His expirience and mastery of mahjong is unmatched by anyone, probably the best in the world
If it was something else it would be a close one where Kaiji would pull his craftyness and might pull a win
But mahjong? Akagi is a definite win

God that picture reminded me of how good the card betting arc of Kaiji S1 was. I can't decide whether I like it better than the cruise ship arc or not. Might have to rewatch it sometime.

The card betting arc was the cruise ship one. unless you meant the emperor game

Kaiji would get wrekked.

In mahjong, especially Washizu mahjong, Kaiji has no hope. Even cheating probably wont help because Akagi is a pro at that as well.

The mahjong is red herring, and the match suddenly turns into interpretive dance competition except without the dancing.

Come on you guys...

Akagi no doubt. Kanji's talent is using the fact that his opponent is cheating against them.

What if the person setting them up is the one cheating so they both die in the end?

Not only is Akagi far more experienced and skilled at mahjong than Kaiji, but most importantly, Kaiji doesn't have plot armor.

akagi is both smarter and calmer, other than being a genius. He never plays a wrong tile and know how to control the flow

So Kaiji is fucked

Akagi is totally ok with dying though, as long as he has a good time. Kaiji doesn't want to die, and while his body may get totally reckt and will require some reassembly, he gets away with his life somehow.

What would make the game fairer for Kaiji if everyone is saying Akagi will win?

I feel like they shouldn't play mahjong at all. Akagi is probably good at everything, but is should be a different game that Kaiji has a chance to win.

Kaiji is a general genius, but I believe giving him a game that he isnt a master at is a good alternative.

kaiji learns through mistake, but in this case there's no second chance so Akagi wins easily

This. Akagi will not lose despite the levels of bullshit Kaiji would pull. Kaiji would get duped into something eventually.

Well shit

Maybe give Kaiji an unlimited budget and time to prep in advance. He can't fairly beat Akagi in mahjong with just skills, but maybe he could invent some way to outcheat him

>Both Kaiji and Akagi are placed in a mahjong match
Kaiji is fucking toast, how does this matchup even make sense?
Kaiji is good at adapting to the games he play, I think he could pull it off if they played a non-conventional game.

Kaiji will just cheat and win.

Kaiji is only good at counter cheating. Akagi is a monster in pure skill and steamrolls him.

But if Akagi knows hes going to do that, then he'll also plan something. Remember training himself to put more blood in his body for Washizu?

What if Akagi and Yami played each other at yugioh?

Just tell Akagi that its part of the challenge or something

Goku, obviously. He beats Sailor Moon too.

Akagi gets sent to the shadow realm. Luckily he had prepared a shadow realm ahead of time, and the match continues as normal

>akagi somehow gets his hand on a millenium item

>a
He would show up with 1 of them and have another hidden.

Akagi will recognize that in a heartbeat

>Both Kaiji and Akagi are placed in a mahjong match where either can lose their life. To make it more interesting, the format type is Washizu. Who wins?
Akagi wins, but Kaiji will survive, no matter what.

Just finished first 26 episodes of Kaiji today. Loved the boat arc but didn't like the balancing beam shit. Didn't even feel fair, it's not even a mind game.

Kaiji or this mad man?

>it's not even a mind game.
It's not a battle of wits but it's certainly a mind game.

I can be as smart and composed as I want but I can't control if a big gust of wind will blow at me and fuck me up at any second, or if I just physically cannot balance across.

Do the battle of wits get better later on?

>I can be as smart and composed as I want but I can't control if a big gust of wind will blow at me and fuck me up at any second, or if I just physically cannot balance across.
Seemed to work for Kaiji and his buddy.

>Do the battle of wits get better later on?
Literally the best arc in the series so far is the first 9 episodes of S2. The Bog is also good though people complain that it's too long a lot. It does definitely drag its shoes but I say the payoff is worth it.

That said S1 is where most of the "battle of wits"-type arcs are. S2 has more game of chance.

Kaiji is a genius, but he's not on the same level of Akagi. Kaiju's cleverness only works because opponents underestimate him.

Hyoudou is actually a talent on par with Akagi, and Kaiji has never beaten Hyoudou. That's because Hyoudou never underestimates his opponents even as he plays with an overwhelming desire to crush and dominate. That combination is why he made Teiai powerful while Akagi blew his Washizu money in a week.

1950's Akagi and 1960's Akagi would wipe the floor with Kaiji without trouble, although 1950's Akagi would be more sadistic about it.

Kaiji has a chance against 1990's Akagi just because he's going senile, and could make mistakes/underestimate since he's not in a proper frame of mind. There's no way 1950/1960's Akagi would lose to Ten like how he did.

Akagi gave up on Ten cause he has been playing the game for most of his life, and probably didnt want to go through the boredom of trying to fight luck

17 step death was also a wit battle

Could Kaiji beat Morita in a random gamble?

When are we getting Zero Part 3?

When are we going to get a Kaiji Uno arc?

>Kaiji is humiliated by Hyoudou because he can't fight for shit the luck of an Emperor
>Akagi on the meanwhile makes another Emperor his bitch
>implying Kaiji wouldn't lose before East 2