Is there anything more cucked than renting an apartment? You’re literally dumping thousands of dollars to live in one...

Is there anything more cucked than renting an apartment? You’re literally dumping thousands of dollars to live in one, and when you move out you get 0 return on that investment. It’s the ultimate form of cuckoldry.

Other urls found in this thread:

realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/35-Sunset-Strip-B_Cerrillos_NM_87010_M13447-41307#photo5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>buys property for six digit sum of money
>few years down the line, finds a nice, comfy, high-paying job in another city

fuck.jpg

it only makes sense if you can rent for less then the cost of carrying (ie theinterest) on a mortage
in which case you should be investing the difference

since most people dont invest, but blow the savings from renting on crap ... its a loss for them

depends on how much the rent is. Mortgages are expensive.

So sell the fucking house.

The same can be said about an apartment. Your under a contract for a year usually for those too.

The weak muttbox vs the Finnish BLOCK

realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/35-Sunset-Strip-B_Cerrillos_NM_87010_M13447-41307#photo5

how dumb would I be for buying this place IF that Mobile Home is merely old and doesn't leak , have mold or other serious structural problems ? Looks like something Reggie Ledoux would call home but I want privacy.. as long as that other cluster of crap isn't occupied.. can I expect solitude and quiet? i just want to sit out naked on that deck and soak in the Sun..

Voluntary homelessness and living in a car is the true red pill

People rarely rent a whole apartment for themselves. they have at least one roommate. In most parts of the world, people live with many others in one apartment. This allows them to live close to their work so they won't need to own a car.

Houses have all sorts of risks. Owning a house is not a sure thing.

most people here can't afford mortgage, property tax and maintenance, apartments are easy and less work to deal with it

I can rent the same house for 1/2 the cost of a mortgage payment, and that's not even considering the 6 figures needed for a down payment.

Dont have to fix the apt, just call maitenance or move.

That said, I'm buying more land soon, my wish is to go back to landowner only voting. Would fix a lot of our current issues.

>falling for the mortgage jew

My gym membership covers my shower. In fact I won't be in this country for long and I have no relationships here save my parents (whom I keep in touch with). So I don't really mind.

inb4 cold, wear clothes for the weather.

What about washing your clothes? Making your own meals? Internet?

As a single and childless guy (SHOCKER!!!) I have no reason to go into debt to finance a mortgage to buy a house. Why would I go into debt for no reason so early in life?

Most apartments are owned by jews.

Laundromats, and ironically, cafes.

>What about washing your clothes?
Same way apartment dwellers do it
>Making your own meals?
Save on rent, eat out every day
>Internet?
Cell phone plan + hotspot

Are those mangroves? What cold-climate trees grow in estuaries or bays?
I'm only familiar with tropical mangroves, and they form very similar island and to what I'm seeing here

>and when you move out you get 0 return on that investment
But thats the same for houses. Houses appreciate in value at the exact same rate as inflation. 2% per year. You're not actually making anything on that "investment." Not to mention that there are a ton of things beyond your control that can absolutely destroy the property value of your home, making you actually lose a shit ton of money. This doesn't even mention the fact that every 10-20 years theres a housing bubble that pops which dramatically reduces the cost of housing. So much for that investment, eh?

Really, you're kind of fucked no matter what you do. Rent, mortgage, it doens't matter. You're fucked and in both cases. Its all a massive money pit. I've chalked it all up as just the cost of living. Personally, I'd rather rent, so that if anything goes wrong with the house/apartment, its not my responsibility. I live in a state that has laws and actively enforces these laws that protect renters, so I'm all good on that end.

I'm renting a flat. In a few years, when the new hosing bubble bursts and my bitcoins are worth 2MM i will buy a house.

Enjoy your mortage when everything plummets fag.

>buy more houses goyim!
youre right, people should buy homes and lose money with mortgage interest or falling home prices

How is it cucked? I'm paying for the convenience of having people collect my mail for me, leave out coffee in the morning, clean the hallways, fix anything that breaks in my apartment, and ultimately live somewhere with no strings attached and no interest. I can leave at the end of any lease and go somewhere better. I also have a sick fucking view of the city and am close to everything.

However, when you buy a house you're:
>Tied down
>Have to pay for repairs
>Have to shovel your own driveways
>Have to live far away from work and not downtown like a true alpha
>Have to pay a shit ton on a downpayment
>Stuck with it until you can sell the house (Yea good luck with that shit show)
>Further commute
>Property Taxes (Aka giving the government your money for no reason)

Tbh, owning a house sounds pretty cucked to me.

Yes goyim, buy a house at the top of the market. Get a nice floating rate mortgage with $150K interest paid to the (((bank))) over 30 years. Spend $30K on a new roof and tens of thousands on other repairs over the years.

I don't know

Comfy af. Thought it was an ancom flag, though. Would explain their incomes, to be desu

Broker fees 4-6%, $30k in closing and legal fees. Selling a average priced house is about as expensive as breaking a lease 10 times.

This is only true in places where housing costs are crazy. Where I live it is very rarely cheaper to rent than to own. My housing costs went down after buying my own home even as I moved from a 1br apartment to a 3br house that was closer to work. Renters are just idiots who can't manage money.

I've done both. They both have their perks. Not having to constantly fix and pay for shit and mow grass/shovel snow is great. Plus you never own your home anyway. The government will throw your 90 year old grandma out on her ass if she can't pay the property tax so we're always renting no matter what.

Muttbox lmao now make one up for our commie blocks meme master.

Okay but if you invest $300,000 into a house and sell it, you’re getting some or all or more of that money back. If you spend $40,000 on an apartment and move out, you’re not getting any of that money back.

>not living in a van
You fucking homecucks wasting your money on a room when you just need a van, a $50/month unlimited data plan from Boost so you have internet, and a cheap gym membership so you can wash yourself and lift.

If I was single I would unironically do this

300k you could have invested

Why would you buy a house in an area you dont want to stay in?

>be me
>make 65k as entry-level in Chicago
>currently renting cheap-ass apartment
>condos are expensive as fuck, not about the down payment and HOA fees
>want to own property to get the fuck away from everyone and smoke weed without bothering anyone
>stuck renting here for a while

What do Cred Forums? What should my cap on rent be? Looking for a two bedroom or large one bedroom to set up an office/desk space and hunker down for the happenings.

In my country the government gifts houses and apartment to get your vote and your soul. Kek.

>or falling home prices
home prices arent falling though

>and smoke weed
kill yourself

get his and hers vans

these looks like data centers

Apartments are for women and faggots. I bought my first home at 26, I don't know what the fuck kind of retard jobs you people work.

Or you could have something happen that kills the property value and your home is now only worth 150-200k. You just lost more than if you had just rented. That money is also tied up in something that will never appreciate in value beyond inflation. Meanwhile you're constantly paying property tax (lets face it, you don't own shit, you're just renting from the government), repairs, replacing your furnace/appliances every time they break down, rebuilding your roof and repaving your driveway every 7-10 years, not to mention home owners insurance, garbage collection fees, recycling fees (You have to pay them to come and get your recyclables, which they then make money off of, and you're required by law to do. Huge fucking scam).

I'm sorry, but I've already sat down and calculated the costs of doing this shit a long ass time ago and it just didn't make any financial sense to do.

Theres another up and coming bubble thats going to pop within the next 5 years. They will be.

Do you see a correction in housing prices soon?

Pretty sure it's going to pop something fiercely here within a few years, like said.

Not when you have your own and live there for free.

Mind the phonefagging, but for the just acquisition of knowledge what specific shithole is this?

Also $40k you could have invested

Ah fuck, thought that was a solid line arc, not stars. Sorry Venezuela

This, Vertical Housing was for Cuck

>If you spend $40,000 on an apartment and move out, you’re not getting any of that money back.
You have to rent for a long god damned time to get to $40k rental fees. Instead, you could rent and put the $260k into the markets at basically anything, and it'll do better than housing (inb4 the entire thing pops like it should've in 2015).

>Houses sell instantly
Another boomer fantasy. And you faggots constantly cry about "underwater" mortgages.

Look at prices per square foot
They are importing millions of people that dont mind living 5 families to a home

>what shithole is this
>oh it's venezuela, sorry
>sorry
What are you sorry for?

Can someone point me to something that's somewhat reliable in terms of this housing bubble?

Not everyone out of college gets a monthly salary of $100,000....