Just 3% of Americans own more than half the country's guns

bigthink.com/paul-ratner/a-minority-of-americans-owns-most-of-the-guns-and-drives-gun-agenda-studies-show
>"A 2017 poll by the Pew Research Center found that the amount of Americans who actually own a gun themselves is at about 30% of the country's citizens. Maybe this should be obvious math but here it goes anyway - about 70% of the people in the U.S. do not own a gun. Among households, 42% of Americans live in a home where someone keeps a gun. That leaves about 58% of Americans who live in a gun-free house."

Other urls found in this thread:

sentencingproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Americans-with-Criminal-Records-Poverty-and-Opportunity-Profile.pdf
fbi.gov/file-repository/2016-nics-operations-report-final-5-3-2017.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rYWkqqP-6GM
cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And none of those 3% shoot civilians

Get a job and buy a gun you poor faggots.

(((Pew Research Center)))

Only took 3% to win the revolutionary war

I feel like there's a fairly high number of gun owners who wouldn't tell random strangers on the phone that they own guns. But that's just me.

Big think

Funny they got that number

Be sure to list the addresses of those gun free houses so burglars have an easier job

It's been standard to teach people not to tell anyone they win guns for a long time now. Basic personal security. You don't want some nogs or meth heads knowing you have shit worth stealing.

Lol, and you believe it?

Rule number 1: Never aim at anything you don't intend to shoot.

Rule number 2: Never shoot at anything you don't intend to kill.

Rule number 3: Never tell anyone you wouldn't trust to use a gun in your defense that you own a gun...

(((polls))) again eh?
Guess what -- most people lie to jews asking questions about their guns.

What are gun store owners and gun collectors.

>gun inequality

>That leaves about 58% of Americans who live in a gun-free house

"As many as one in three Americans have criminal records"
Guess what genius, those households can have a (legal) gun in the house (felonies, DUI, domestic violence, etc.)
sentencingproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Americans-with-Criminal-Records-Poverty-and-Opportunity-Profile.pdf

fuck I gotta buy more guns

Some women and men (niggers) like to collect shoes

Some women but mostly men (white) like to collect guns.

So what's the problem?

I would love to see the faces on these faggots if they had any idea just how many ghost guns exist in this country. Hell when I was growing up every kid in town knew how to make a fully automatic .22 pipegun.

Most people I know hang up on polls.

> That leaves about 58% of Americans who live in a gun-free house.

This is so strange to me. Nearly everyone around me owns multiples guns.

And this is what the FBI reports:
Interstate Identification Index (III): The III maintains subject criminal history records.
As of December 31, 2016, the III records available to be searched by the NICS during a
background check numbered 73,856,583.

How many guns do I need to own to be in this three percent?

>333
>3%
checked

So?
fags are like 5% or less of the population, and you still had to come up with the "gay marriage"bullshit.

Last I checked I own 13. Is that enough?

Full report here:
fbi.gov/file-repository/2016-nics-operations-report-final-5-3-2017.pdf

Besides the 74 million that are excluded, there are additional databases with 23 million individuals (some could be duplicates). So yeah.. a LOT of households in American cannot legally own a gun.

Ok so i'm a califag
Yes this state is fucking cancer full of shitskins and libcucks, please based korea just end it all already.
Anyways, after the parkland florida false flag bullshit, I've been seeing a shitload of propaganda about banning and taking away all assault rifles.
The demoKEKS are already getting ready to pass bills to eliminate all assault weapons in the Usa. They want to basically eliminate our 2nd amendement rights to bear arms.
Now I don't have any guns myself, but I want to already start to own guns due to the fact that I know a huge happening is on the horizon.
1) How hard will it be for me to get an assault weapon in beanrfornia?
2) what should I get as an assault weapon? An At-15 or a mini Ak-47?
3) What would happen if the deep state kikes did pass a gun law that would ban all assault weapons and then proceed to ban the 2nd amendement?
What would you guys do if police officers or the military were to go to your homes and confiscate your weapons?
youtube.com/watch?v=rYWkqqP-6GM

>about 70% of the people in the U.S. do not own a gun. Among households, 42% of Americans live in a home where someone keeps a gun.

So, they're counting the under-18s and the 70+es in retirement homes to make that 70% figure?

Meanwhile it's almost half the homes.

I've never felt the need to own a gun because I have a penis that's over 5 inches.

Google your state laws my dude. And don't go to /k/ and make a thread, just read the sticky.

>trip 3's
>3%
I'm gonna go with 3. Buy three guns man.

>assault weapon in beanrfornia

It's illegal to own an "assault weapon" in Commiefornia. You can get an AR-15, but it needs to be CA-compliant.

Total bullshit. 3% of the South has half the guns? Bull

I own five, a Glock 22, Ruger 9mm, Benelli.shotgun, an AK 47 and a Zastava .308

>I have a penis that's over 5 inches

Yeah, in your mouth and ass.

>believing that that means they don't

Bull shit! If this was the case the democrats would have won in this issue years ago.

Not too shabby user

Are they making an argument to squash the rights of a minority because they’re a minority?

Just did the math. The answer is 18. Lets round it off to 20 because it's "more than half."

fpbp

Which makes confiscation easy and gun control easy. Target the 3%, get 50% of the guns. Very doable...

I never understood the joke? When you live by cartel members it’s good to be armed.

Your mom lied to you

precisely

Good point. 3% is an incredibly small minority that deserves all the protection it can get. I'll get in touch with the ACLU.

>>believing that that means they don't

It's as believable as people being honest with Pew Research. But we already know that OP is a fag.

Just got this off a google search
>Can I still own an assault rifle?
Yes, but you can’t buy them any more. And you have to register the ones you have.
In 2016, California’s already-tough gun laws got tougher when lawmakers passed a bill that sought to ban the sale of guns with so-called “bullet buttons” that gun-control activists said circumvented a law banning assault weapons. California now defines an “assault weapon” as any semi-automatic, centerfire rifle or semi-automatic pistol that lacks a fixed magazine and has one of a number of features that include a protruding pistol grip or a folding or telescoping stock.
If you already owned such a gun before the new law, you can keep it, but you were supposed to register it with the California Department of Justice by the end of this year. However, the registration deadline has been extended to June 30, 2018.
FUCKING SHIT I CAN'T BUY AN ASSAULT WEAPON ?!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That we know of.

That's still 969300 people.

>tfw 8 inches
>tfw criminals don’t even care
Feels bad man, why won’t criminals check my dick size before robbing/stabbing me?

So? Why is that an issue? It's not like the other 97% is being prevented from buying them (with the exception of felons and whatnot).

There is a huge difference between owning a gun for self defense and hording weapons, touching them, feeling them, cleaning them, fantasying about using them on people and looking for a reason to pull it on someone. Out of all gun owners I'd say about 10% are normal people that want protection and the rest are nutters.

>Assault rifle
>Assault weapon
Two very different things user. You can buy ARs/AKs as long as they're California compliant. So neutered to hell and back.

Fpbp.

>literally 10s of millions of insane people with guns
>Fewer than 20,000 non-suicide deaths per year
Pretty shitty theory, user.

Reminder to own a rifle and you get the privelede of filling the power vacuum during the happening.

You need 20 to be in that 3%. Better buy a bunch of hi-point 9mm to catch up.

that's just taking into account registered guns that are obtained lawfully.

heh

>target the 3%, get 50% of the guns, very doable

Didn't work out so well for you and your queen last time leaf

/thread

Then you've got a bigger problem than you understand and are inevitably doomed to failure.

Anything that you use to assault a person is an assault weapon. Caliber or rate of fire magazine capacity. All that means shit. People wanna hurt someone not syntax of the law is gonna stop them. Laws don't stop crime they create it

An assault weapon is a made up term by people who don't know anything about guns. An assault rifle is a select fire rifle in an intermediate cartridge typically for military application.

Not yet we don't

Oh look another kike thread about guns. Kill all Jews. They are the real cancer.

The government can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dea-

I know this is bullshit because democrats always support minorities

Those figures can't be correct. They didn't ask every single person in the country. Even if they did, most would lie. Only an absolute retard would say how many guns they have. I would say I don't own any.
If they went based on sales, it's doesn't take into consideration private sales without a background check. My state doesn't require anything for a private sale, they just recommend you both have a copy of a bill of sale so there's proof it isn't stolen or anything, and recommend sellers only sell to people with valid CC permits. We also don't have any form of registration. So on paper/records I don't have any. Which I don't anymore because they all sank on boating trip.

how's that working out in the desert? it's been 20 years and the most powerful military can't even stop a few thousand guerillas.

>no leaf flag
almost had the trifecta

Imagine if those 3% had an uprising.

That's a hell of a lot of people with a lot of fucking guns.

You think the Taliban is giving US trouble in Afghanistan, try pulling that shit on them.

For a Canadian perspective, if I went into the city and told a wannabe-Canadian newcomer that I had 17 guns in my house they would think I'm absolutely insane.

Meanwhile, for my family where both of my parent family trees are 10+ generation North Americans, almost every related household has upwards of 10 guns in their family homes. I store my close family's household collection, which is 17.

I don't tell randos or non-Canadians (under three-generations here) that I have them.

S P R E A D O U R G U N S
E V E R Y M A N A G U N O W N E R

1.) You can get an AR / AK and other NATO rifles so long as they comply with California cuckery.
2.) My personal pick is the Ruger Mini 14. It's the best all-around solution. Personal opinion.
The reasoning is that you don't have to deal with any of the rules of Commiefornia - it's legal out of the box with zero necessary modification.
Plus it's very reliable and liberals are less likely to shit their pants if they accidentally see it in daylight.
(pic related)
3.) Civil war.
4.) Most cops and military won't do it. Those who do risk being shot. Some will comply and others will not. I honestly don't know what the numbers would be like in terms of compliance. I would not give up my personal property to leftist tyranny. I, personally, would avoid direct conflict as much as possible. The goal is always to live a peaceful life. Take that for what you will.

Try to take them and find out the hard way on how many of us exist.

>vietnam

That's a bullshit study

>No resources
>Says if you own a gun you are less educated (like education has anything to do with gun ownership)
>If 3% of the people are the ones who own guns then why do you get your ass blasted every time gun control rolls around

so rich gun owners equally distribute their collection of guns for free to poor folks who want to kill communists?
wait...

It's roughly 10 million people with approximately 15 guns each.

this

give it time

we're the armorers

You probably live in a southern state. In more liberal states, it's a lot less common. It's extremely uncommon in college towns. I currently live in an on-campus apartment, and it is actually in my housing contract that I am not allowed to keep a gun in my apartment.

as a general rule of thumb, if you know how many you have then it's not enough.

>Just 3% of Americans own more than half the country's guns
If laws were passed to hand in all guns like Australia did in the 90s, what would honestly happen? How do you force someone to give you their weapon when they have you outgunned?

People don't own guns because of their penis size. They own guns either because they enjoy shooting, or because they want to protect themselves and others. No matter how big your penis is, you cannot use it to stop an armed robber. And really, a gun is still good to have for people who are unarmed, but physically stronger than you, and threatening you. No man should ever be deprived of the advantage of a firearm should he need to protect his life, his property, or the life or property of others.

Fucking this!

10 million people still outnumbers our own military.

>Memeflag
And yes we should kill commies.

Got btfo'd.

fpbp. Completely destroys this leftist propaganda

FPBP

>I own 31 firearms.
>I have been through multiple safety programs going back to when I was a child in the CMP.
>I keep all but two of my firearms locked and unloaded
>Two firearms are loaded for home defense or CC

I guess I'm in the... 1%.
;)

fpbp

>being against a meme that makes fun of identity politics on Cred Forums
Glad we could agree on killing commies at least faggot

Woah why didn't I hear about this poll? Is it because my gun is a hunting rifle?

>1) How hard will it be for me to get an assault weapon in beanrfornia?
How close to Arizona do you live?
>2) what should I get as an assault weapon? An At-15 or a mini Ak-47?
AR-15, easily available ammo
>3) What would happen if the deep state kikes did pass a gun law that would ban all assault weapons and then proceed to ban the 2nd amendment?
Shoot them.

No one is stopping the other 97% from buying guns

Wrong. The Las Vegas guy was in the 3%.

And III% fought in the American Revolution.

I’ll take them odds. Again.

>.22lr zipgun
But cars don't have antennas anymore, user.

I didn't mean to imply it didn't, I was just giving him the numbers.
Assuming the number of guns is even
across that 3% (probably isnt) it would 9.9 million people with roughly 15 firearms each.
Also apparently I'm self checking my quad 4's

>checked
Let's go with 27

How's that average pecker work against violent criminal?

>What is the pareto distribution

10 dollary doos they are warping the statistics by adding in gun shop owners as in owning all the guns. It's like including suicides into gun violence statistics.

Though I don't doubt a large percentage of guns are in hobbiest hands. Once you buy one gun you just got to buy more people love em so much.

Dammit I just remembered that.

This is only counting legally documented guns. Tyrone and Paco who carry illegal gats most certainly don't have gubbment statistics on their possession, which is what makes it all the funnier when libtards think disarming law-abiding citizens would do anything. I doubt the nigs in Chicago who blow each other away every single weekend in gang drive-by shootings are going to stop because BUT GUNS ARE AGAINST THE LAW! So is murder but that doesn't stop them.

Cool they only leaves 175 million owned by the rest of America

No there are like 300 million firearms and half of those are owned by large collectors that have probably dozens or more a piece

I personally own 5

Ha! It was actually gun owners who cried like bitches when their addresses were published online:
cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/index.html

Do they include trusts as a single owner?

A mere 10 million white people own 150 million guns, basically these people could create a military force any time they feel like banding together and doing it; the american revolution was successful with only 3% of the population involved.

Then the other 170 million white people own the other 150 million guns

The blacks and illegals don't register their firearms so we have no idea how many they have

How is this legal? its like a sex offender's registry but for people that own firearms

he lived abroad in the philippines

the cunt was an arms dealer