Politically speaking, how do you differentiate between working hard (putting in hours)...

Politically speaking, how do you differentiate between working hard (putting in hours), but not working yourself into an early grave (overworking)? I’d like to pose this question to tradesmen specifically.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBYATIUlias
youtube.com/watch?v=UMtx9s9RTmc
youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew
youtu.be/s9y5LSRCc04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DEAN YOU NEED TO GET YOUR DAMN SHIT TOGETHER AND THATS A SHOOT SON

It's all about thinking clearly.
Steve Austin always kept it simple and straight.
Owen Hart kept trying to excel his achievements to try and make up for ruining Steve Austin's physical wrestling potential and died.

Come on guys, I wanna know the truth from your experiences!

the truth is you need to take a shower, hit the weights, and get a clue

Well... um... I just like, you know, goin' out and performing...

WHAT?

youtube.com/watch?v=SBYATIUlias Completely no giving a single fuck about your "boss"

work 9 hour days instead of 8 and OT every other saturday. youre not burned out. you can still have a few beers with youre friendos after work and get a good nights sleep youre OT weekend isnt a complete bust and you can still party it up on the ones you dont work. On top of all this the OT you accumulate is typically time and half so thats extra for whatever.
This is just if youre working a good old 9-5 factory job though. mileage may vary.

Thanks buddy. I’ll keep it in mind

You'll never live up to the work "ethic" of workaholics. Earn what you must to preserve what you need, have a little left over extra, and be able to take that nice girl out for a date. Perhaps even eventually marry her and have some nice whitelets.

That’s what I was thinking, man. Thank you so much

youtube.com/watch?v=UMtx9s9RTmc

it's different for everyone. you start out thinking the more you hammer it, the better off you'll be in the future. just do your time now so you can relax later yada yada. truth is you're going to be working for a long time and there is no point in completely throwing away your twenties and thirties because you were too caught up in work to enjoy them. just live your life dude. take weekends off. plan vacations at least once a year and spend time with family and friends during the holidays. you're not going to remember burning that midnight oil on your deathbed

The advice just gets better and more concise. Thank you so much, brother. I actually am in my early twenties and I look towards guys that are older for pointers. Thanks again for the advice. I just don’t wanna overwork myself. Plenty of guys here boast about how they pound out 40+ hours a week

not sure what its like across the states, but city jobs are a good way to go. pay not be the best, but you cant beat the benefits. get a pension, good medical and there's little overtime because government cant afford it. the only downside is getting in, espcially if its a union position. they tend to be very picky and usually nepotism runs bad in unions.

there will always be those guys and I can tell you that they do not lead happy, fulfilling home lives. it's why they dump all of their energy into their work. I've seen it firsthand and it is something I actively avoid. it's easy to get caught up in the chaos but that's exactly the time you should ease off the gas and take a breather. keep in mind this is just my philosophy buy in following it I have reduced my stress level by a factor of 10. there will be times you have to do a 16 hour day or two but, like I said, it's easy to lie to yourself and think you need to do that every day.

whatever trade your in, keep at it. master it. make yourself invaluable to your employer. you will never want for work

Thank you for the advice. I have an idea of getting into HVAC. I know I need to go to school for it but the loan is about $24,000. It’s a risk, but the only thing I have is my young age that may help me get an entry level position

Work as smart and hard as possible but reserve time for your family.

do good in school and some of them will let you get a paid internship while you're learning. in the grand scheme of things 24k isn't a lot of money even if you don't make it. but just do your homework and take it seriously. I know plenty of retards in every trade, if they can make it anyone can

Niggers should be our free labor

youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew

Thank you, user. I’ll take your advice and try my best.

I guess I also forgot to mention that I just dream of the day I get to feel pride of being a hard worker and one day owning a truck of my own. But then again I think, is that vanity or noble? I guess it’s fine to have that balance. Thanks, user

Where are you putting in the hours? You can be the greatest cashier in the world, do everything right and waste your life.

Not a trades guy but I end up working for free not too infrequently at walmart.

Pound 40 hours? Haha
Did 84 hours a week for 18 months when I was a first year, 40 hours is part time kids.

Set a goal and meet it.

For me it was being completely debt free. I had no kids, took no breaks or vacations, just kept working.

Finally got the house paid off and I am now being a NEET.

>Know your own definition of poverty
>Know your own definition of wealth.

Once your goals are met you can subsist. But have an end in mind.

There is no such thing as hard work. There is complicated work, and there is long work, but hard work hasn’t existed in a long time. I’ve done every manly job you can imagine. I’ve worked with lumber, oil rigs, communication tower climbing, I was a firefighter, and I was a marine. None of those jobs were “hard work”. Life is too easy for humans nowadays.

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

BEAT DEBRA

SO SILENT

Work as few hours as you can survive on. Nobody cares that you have a brand new pickup with a 3" lift.
40 hours seems about right. The stress is bearable at those hours but it's still taking its toll.
The woraholics will look at you like you're crazy when you turn down OT. Then they'll have stent in their hearts when they're 50 and be on wife number 3.

Huh. That’s an interesting way to look at it. Thanks, user.

Amen, all the way.

For you I can imagine, but I still welcome the input

Got rich being lazy. Advice: Don't borrow money for anything not worth more later (truck etc.) Aim to maximize pay with least time, effort. Use compond interest in a fund to save for a large purchase. Get a prenup. Minimize working for others maximize working for yourself. Let others rent from you. i.e. borrow at a fixed rate purchase a place get multiple renters. Get companies to pay for you education or at least contribute.

I’ve done 90.5 hrs this week
If you need more than 4 hrs sleep a night your a loser

youtu.be/s9y5LSRCc04