The absolute state of """writers"""

>Turning, one evening, from my phone to a book, I set myself the task of reading a single chapter in one sitting. Simple. But I couldn't. There was nothing wrong with my eyes. No stroke or disease clouded my way. Yet – if I'm being honest – the failure was also not a surprise.
>Paragraphs swirled; sentences snapped like twigs; and sentiments bled out. The usual, these days. I drag my vision across the page and process little. Half an hour later, I throw down the book and watch some Netflix.
>Out for dinner with another writer, I said, "I think I've forgotten how to read."
>"Yes!" he replied, pointing his knife. "Everybody has."
>"No, really," I said. "I mean I actually can't do it any more."

theglobeandmail.com/opinion/i-have-forgotten-how-toread/article37921379/

I recently took up reading again after not having read anything of substance not on a screen for at least 14 years. This guy is actually retarded.

It's really comfy sitting in a café reading with a cup of something hot and watching people passing in the street outside.

he's probably reading boring shit
whatever pop bullshit the establishment propaganda mentality told him to read, 50 shades of grey or some shit

Make them dig and maintain sewers

The sad thing is that writing is his job but he is dumber than the average Cred Forumsack.

This. I can easily read a Calculus textbook, but can bearly punch my way trough a religious garbage

Lack of attention span. Everyone has it now.

All the social media posts and catchy headliners snaps your attention away from one second to the next.

Just like this thread. Your going to reply, and in 30 seconds you'll be reading/replying to a completely different topic/subject. Never focusing on one thing long enough to truly unravel it.

Reading in public is the behavior of an attention whore.

>being THIS MUCH of an amerishart

most people are dumber than the average polack, the average IQ here is like 120-130ish

>I have an iq of 15

this guy's a faggot. I spend hours shitposting on Cred Forums, and then switch to reading philosophy, and have no issues concentrating for over an hour or two

The worst people on earth write, and go out of their way to look weak and retarded.

What's to unravel here

What are some redpilled books

use Cred Forums x and put threads on watch list?
But yeah, usually find myself leaping from thread to thread, but can you really blame me? So many reddits and shills here diluting almost every thread

Probably reading liberal propaganda as thst shit is insufferable. I read constantly for my job and have no trouble maintaining attention until or unless it devolves into progressive make-belief. Then it gets so tedious I need 10 mins to recover form every page of notes.

I didn't forget how to read, but after being the military and multiple deployments.
I realized my eyes had adjusted to a computer screen. Reading books physically hurt my eyes and I now have to wear glasses to read things outside of a computer.
It's kind of sad, because i have a huge collection of books and my bookshelf is one of the few prides of my house (living room is the only respectable looking room with nice furniture. The rest is cheap shit.) and I would love to get back into reading more regularly.

I have a hard time reading and I get that "sentences snap like twigs" sentiment, but for me it's my blood clot, my shooting shoulder / rib/ spine pain and then not reading for too long as well

Also yeah reading in public in the states will get you some stares
Definitely here in socal

>The other day, I was spending time with a young niece – still a toddler – while she watched videos on her iPad. She was working her way through a YouTube playlist – in each video, a pair of hands opened a Kinder Surprise and assembled the toy inside. Thinking I was doing her a favour, I made the video full-screen. But this sent my niece into a panic. "Little TV!" she insisted. "Not big TV!" She needed the smaller screen format so as to monitor the lineup of videos still to come. Focusing, even for a minute, on a single video was no good. She needed the panoply, the stream, the comfort of attending entertainments.

This is like a passage from Brave New World. The author honestly should've slapped this kid upside the head.

God, I can't even be bothered to read through the majority of Cred Forums threads, I just skim through a lot of it and just go back to the index mid way through without even finishing. So much inanity.

Anybody reading anything right now? Pic related for me, but the anecdotes about various ancient Chinese generals seem to stick with me more than the actual text. Shit about T'sao T'sao is always entertaining, but I really like this one story where he told his army to not harm standing crops, but then afterwards he forgot about his horse which wandered into a field of wheat. The absolute madman sentenced himself to death for breaking his own rule and it took his close friends to talk him out of it, but even then he cut off his hair to try and atone for his crime.

I don't have this issue when it comes to reading, but something I have noticed is that people seem to be incapable of taking in any kind of performance or work without making some sort of comment or trying to interject their point of view on the work in the middle of it. People who just can't sit down and shut the fuck up when they're in the theatre, watching a movie, anything where a person has invested time and effort to convey some sort of concept. People who can't sit inside their own skull and experience something, show genuine emotion when they feel it as part of an audience, rather than attention whoring and giving their shitty rendition of Rifftrax.

People who can't sit down and read a book are the same people who can't sit back and take in anything else without commenting on it like a spastic retard.

I read 30k/40k novels while I'm at the gym, which is about 3-4 times a week. That's my only really consistent reading, otherwise I sporadically pick something off my shelf or whatever.

The kraut speaks the truth

For anyone looking to read reminder that Wilbur Smith is our writer all his books are about White male heros and although they feature blacks they are treated like pet sidekicks like dogs.

Fucking asshole should check his privilege, I love to read but have macular degeneration, reading books is almost impossible now, I still read on tablets with the size turned up a shitload, but it's not the same.
>Just get glasses
They help, but my eyes are going bad so fast I need new ones Evey couple of months. Do you think we can meme him into decolonising his eyes by donating them to me?