Why are Shinji and Asuka such a cute couple?

Why are Shinji and Asuka such a cute couple?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/U09RMQLFQVUbGUsvQwIieQ/
youtu.be/PcXGgjyV4WA?t=231
youtube.com/watch?v=QlezdwE7kHM
evaotaku.com/html/alteva.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA
reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1pdjc3/akira_ishidas_interview_on_kaworu_from_evangelion/
streamable.com/shm9f
wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're both broken in complementary ways.

>AxS
>cute

>real asuka is an abusive whore
>fake childhood friend asuka is a shitty generic tsundere
Either way, Shinji loses.

They aren't.
/thread

ITT: soyboy dollposters.

Shinji loves Kaworu tho

Why are Mari and Asuka such a cute couple?

Considering Asuka prefers Ryoji, I doubt this is the case.

faggot "love" isn't real.

The following pairings will be made canon in 3.0+1.0
Shinji x ReiQ
Asuka x Kensuke
Undead Touji x Hikari
No other pairings will be featured.

>not Mari getting her own harem

fpbp

Nice fanart. In reality those two never did so much as hold hands in the show. Meanwhile, Shinji & Asuka are kissing and fucking up a storm on screen.

>implying the cashgrab that nobody likes won't be offscreened

Did you try to understand, Cred Forums?

Shinji loves Kaworu and they are canon.

The last time someone thought this wishfully, a boy and his girlfriend ended up on the red shore of a desolate Earth together.

Kawoshin is the worst non-AS ship. Not that it matters, that fag is dead.

This

You romanticize/whitewash awful relationships.

I would rank the relationships by how romantic they are this way:

Asuka/Shinji, which is canon for anyone who understands Evangelion even a little bit
>
Rei/Shinji, which would have happened if Rei didn't find out she was Lilith - both loved each other
>
Kaworu/Shinji, which was never romantic in any sense. Both loved each other platonically, the sexual marketing was... well, marketing. Fujoshi dollars spend as well as any other.

If your souls mate, does that make you soulmates?

>EVA threads in 2018

First off, I agree with your canon ratings 100%. I'd just change Rei and Shinji's love to more of a platonic love. Something more than friends but less than lovers.

Kaworu was just a ploy for fagbucks. That character blows.

Reminder that Shinji only ever said he loved Kaworu.
Reminder that Shinji only ever blushed and smiled like this at Kaworu.
Reminder that Shinji was crying and smiling with joy after seeing Kaworu, only 1 minute after he saw Asuka dead and fucked up from the MP Evas.

He must not give too much of a shit about Asuka if just by seeing Kaworu's face he can forget about her death.

What makes you think Shinji/Asuka is "canon for anyone who understands Evangelion even a little bit," assuming this isn't bait?
Shinji makes no effort to spend time with, get closer, or show any interest in Asuka throughout the series, which is a major factor in Asuka's breakdown.
During instrumentality where everyone becomes one, Asuka refuses to merge with Shinji and they end up killing each other. even in the state where everyone's soul is supposed to be laid bare; if anything this, proves any tentative relationship between the two as fundamentally impossible.

This.
Meanwhile the only one to open up Shinji's AT field is Kaworu. Every staff member including Anno meant for Kaworu to be Shinji's one and only love interest.

/thread

Shinji's passiveness harmonises with Asuka's aggressiveness.

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/U09RMQLFQVUbGUsvQwIieQ/

This is what mental illness looks like.

Wrong person you responded to?

t. cuck

And that is why they decided to confirm this in non-canon media, which certainly has no economic interest in pleasing their fujoshi readership and would thus not emphasise things in a biased way, rather than the show itself

Why do you keep posting the screenshot that confirms what I'm saying? Shinji loves Kaworu romantically, that's why kaworu says that in the first place.
Shinji loves Kaworu but Kaworu doesn't love Shinji, duh.

>non-canon media
It's the official guidebook. They shipped it along with the Blu-ray for every single type of fan to look out.
It's no secret and it's well-known among the Japanese fanbase, which is why kawoshin is the most popular ship.

>I'd just change Rei and Shinji's love to more of a platonic love. Something more than friends but less than lovers.

I used to think it was confused maternal feelings. As I'm discovering more about Evangelion I'm starting to think Rei & Shinji's relationship had romantic elements too.

Take "Thanatos". I always wondered if this song is from Rei or Asuka's perspective, or even Kyoko's. It plays in scenes that could imply any of those. But the first time it plays is during Rei's sacrifice (ep 23)

>I don't sleep, don't feel a thing
>And my senses have all but gone
>Can't even cry for the pain
>Can't shed a tear now
Rei flag - image related
>I realize we're not the same
Rei flag - she's Lilith, goddess of humanity. There is an Evangelion drama card which reminds me of this line.

Card H-11, Reverse side: ”3rd Children Ikari Shinji”:
“Neither Yui nor Rei nor Misato could do as a woman for Shinji. Asuka alone was the only girl on equal footing with him. Therefore Shinji sought after Asuka. “I’m afraid of Misato and Ayanami.”

Assuming this song is narrated by Rei, that's what she's talking about.
>And it's making me sad
>'Cos we can't fulfill our dreams
What dreams? This has an undoubtedly romantic context.
>In this life
>So I must let us break free
Instrumentality, right? Rei was the operator.
>I can never be what you need
>If there was a way through the hurt
>Then I would find it
>I'd take the blows, yes I would fight it
>But this is the one
>Impossible Dream to live
Reminds me of the lengthy "Where is your reality? It's at the end of my dream." sequence in EoE. Rei narrates that.
>What am I?
>If I can't be yours
Clearly romantic.

This is unexplored, but I also have a hunch that all of the things said in this sequence are things the girls said to Shinji off screen. Because some of them are known real quotes, and it doesn't make sense for the others to be imagined: youtu.be/PcXGgjyV4WA?t=231

The first is
>Rei: "Do you love me?"

Just filter his file hashes, EVA threads become 100x better immediately when you do that

That was the scene where everyone including Asuka was rejecting Shinji, retard.

They only said true things in that scene. Kaworu didn't love Shinji romantically. Asuka never says anything like that in that scene, she says "I don't want you in my life."

If you don't love someone romantically, that's final. If you don't want to be around someone, that can change. It evidently does change, because the final scene of Evangelion is Shinji and Asuka laying on top of each other at Hakone, Asuka apparently having gone there of her own free will.

I don't understand why you keep pretending to be multiple people when you're using the same copy/pasted posts by the way.

That scene confirms Shinji loves Kaworu romantically, dumbass.

I'm too tired to really comprehend all this tonight. Hope you're around tomorrow my man. Never thought about it like that. Love that this show is so open to interpretations.

So you admit that the only reason Kaworu shows up during the "I don't love you that way" part is because Kaworu is the only one Shinji loves romantically, and Kaworu is rejecting Shinji by saying he doesn't love him "that way".

Thanks for proving my point lmao

>If you don't love someone romantically, that's final.
Uh, no. Romantic feelings can and do change.

What, the "I don't love you 'that way'" scene?

Do you realize that if you interpret that line as a rejection to Shinji confessing to Kaworu, that also means that when Asuka rejects him in the same scene it was also due to a confession?
And do you realize that, by this logic, the conclusion is that the Kaworu/Shinji love dynamic is one way, while the Asuka/Shinji love dynamic is reciprocal?

>reaching and grasping at straws to find other meaning in the characters words
This is what its like to be a dumb waifufag, who REFUSES to understand the characters and the scene.

Asukafags think that Shinji will learn to love Asuka someday, which requires serious mental reaching and ignoring their past toxic relationships.

Any evidence that Kaworu starts to love Shinji romantically in between the "I don't love you ''that way"" line, and this scene?
I'll wait

Asuka confirms the same thing in the scene, dumb Asukafag.

No one ever argued Kaworu loves Shinji romantically, he's heterosexual.

Shinji on the other hand, is a total faggot who wants to suck Kaworu's cock.

>Asukafags think that Shinji will learn to love Asuka someday,

If he didn't love her prior to instrumentality, he does after it. They completely obsess over one another for the entire duration. They know each other inside out by the end, and when they get released back into the world the first place they go is to the other's side.

I'm not claiming that he does. I'm just saying that the notion that not feeling romantic love for someone cannot possibly change is wrong.

But you just said before Asuka says nothing like that. Only Kaworu.

Why are you changing your mind only now?

Shinji never says he loves Asuka, he only ever says he loves Kaworu.

Interesting and quite a well thought out post.
I always interpreted Thanatos as being from Rei's perspective, and Komm Susser Todd as being from Asuka's. Especially the line of 'I thought I could live for no one else' falls perfectly in line with her character.
Not sure about interpreting the card game as at all canon, they pretty directly contradict the canon in other places and don't coexist with how Shinji treats/acts around the girls of Eva. Saying he 'sought after' Asuka is pretty blatantly false given his actions throughout the entire show.

Asuka never says she doesn't love Shinji. In fact she says the opposite here:

>Why are Shinji and Asuka such a cute couple?

There is nothing cute about a passive/aggressive relationship. They're both shitheads and should spend their lives locked up in some mental institution.

Nope, he didn't even give a shit when she died because he was smiling over Kaworu a second later.

An "official guidebook" is still a non-canon medium.

>Saying he 'sought after' Asuka is pretty blatantly false given his actions throughout the entire show.

Just so you know, those cards have a really amateur translation, and any time you encounter flowery-sounding verbal connective tissue like 'sought after', it's covering up for muddy translations.

I consider the cards canon because there are way, way too many direct parallels between them and deep parts of Evangelion.

>Obsess over one another for the entire duration
>Strangles her then moves on to talking to and penetrating Rei for the next half hour
lel

But Anno's words aren't

Rei is dead by the time Shinji gives Asuka her trachea massage.

Jesus christ posting that image kills any motivation to talk to you. Literally every panel in it has been proven false or to have nothing to do with the interactions between Asuka and Shinji throughout the series.
Your post doesn't add any meat to the argument either, muddying the content of what the cards mean while simultaneously claiming them as a solid source because of the 'deep parts of Evangelion'.

Dub version of this scene is superior.

He's a crazy crackshipper, every other person in Eva threads has learned to ignore him.
So much so that he has to spam these kinds of shitty threads every day.

He's mentally ill, just report and ignore.

Shinji is really intrigued by Asuka from day one. He's clearly sexually attracted to right away.

I think that his romantic feelings for Asuka are cemented in the dancing episode when they talk about why the pilot Eva. He clearly forms a bond with her after that.

Shinji is just too afraid to tell Asuka how he feels. This butterfly effects into Asuka's spiral.

He actually strangles Asuka twice, so the confusion is understandable, but the first time is before he talks to Rei in instrumentality and the second Rei appears watching him seconds before. Rei isn't 'dead' for any part of EoE.

>Jesus christ posting that image kills any motivation to talk to you

You were cool to eat out of my hand as long as I was telling you what you wanted to hear about Rei, but when I post something uncomfortable for you, you knock down the sandcastle?

No wonder people like you are obsessed with their mommy, you're a grownup child.

Because liking someone for being an incredibly good person implies romantic/sexual interest.
In any case, I don't have the time/interest to debate with degenerates.

>Shinji is really intrigued by Asuka from day one
He looks bored out of his mind when he first meets her.

He has his own tsundere streak.

Are you incapable of reading? The scene is about everyone rejecting Shinji in his own mind, dumb ESL.

On the off chance you aren't just trying to get more replies, try defending any part of that image or actually showing how the cards are canon.
Then again, for the cards you can just say anything that disagrees with you is 'muddied translation' and anything that does agree with you is canon.

Doesn't look very tsundere to me.

>Shinji is just too afraid to tell Asuka how he feels.

Yes, they are both hyper afraid of rejection.
Shinji thinks anyone who he gets close to will throw him away like papa did. Asuka thinks anyone who she gets close to will throw her away like mama did.

The fact that they can't stay away from each other in spite of this is evidence of how strong their chemistry is.

its disgusting how Eva threads in 2018 are filled with shipper garbage. I wish Anno would hurry his arse up with 4.0 already.

It does when you're blushing at him every single second.

You never see Shinji making this face at Asuka. He always looks angry or uncomfortable around her, never happy and blushign like this.

But Asuka tries to get close to Kaji all the time

they "can't stay away from each other" because they live together by plot contrivance.
shinji makes no effort to ever spend time with her and asuka takes that as a challenge to her self constructed image as the greatest human alive.
she has no problem relentlessly pursuing kaji despite his numerous flat out rejections.

shh, let Asukafags dream they have a chance.

>blushign
See Also, Shinji being uncomfortable around Asuka is the point. Being uncomfortable does not imply dislike however.

wasn't there a theory that shinji and asuka fucked?

He's not smiling.

Show me one picture where Shinji in smiling and blushibg like he does with Kaworu. Where he's just happy to be next to the one he loves.

That's what true love is all about.

Calling Asuka/Shinji a "ship" is silly, it's not some fan creation. When the director of the show puts two characters together you don't need a special name for it, that's just called the plot.

For pseudopolitical reasons related to the different fan bases wanting different relationships, this is generally only acknowledged by some. That's how the show is designed, though, so it's alright. You can clearly tell there was an attempt made to give everyone the option to fantasize as they please. There are hints of romance between Shinji and just about all of the primary cast, even Kaji. That doesn't mean Kaji/Shinji is the plot. You might find some delusional homosexual who thinks it is, and you might even find some pseudopolitical tribe of Kaji lovers who ardently insist that it is, but that doesn't change the plot, which clearly shows Asuka and Shinji to be the definitive romance.

That was just an an embarrassing scene for both of them, it doesn't mean they were in love. They knock it off a second later and don't talk to each other until after Kaji dies.

oops

There's a canon scene that Anno filmed where Asuka and Touji fuck.

It's included on every Blu-Ray and DVD of the End of Evangelion out there.

post baloney pony next

Then why did Anno choose to film a scene where Asuka is fucking Touji?

Their relationship isn't romantic, though.

>they "can't stay away from each other" because they live together by plot contrivance.

Were the times when they kissed, fucked, spent all of instrumentality obsessing over each other and exited instrumentality at each other's sides also plot contrivances?
I mean, Evangelion is a plot, so you can definitely say that everything is plot contrivance. But the fact that Asuka and Shinji are obsessed with each other is pretty clear.

Given how Freudian Eva is, there's no reason the clone of Shinji's mom can't have misplaced maternal feelings for a cute boy she wants to poka poka and thud thud thud.

Also, given that drama card, AsuShin kind of has to "win" by default. The other women Shinji is close with are some variation of his mom, and quasi-incest didn't become acceptable otakubait for another ten-fifteen years. If you think about it, the Freudian/Oedipal nature of AyaShin is probably why Rebuild went to hell (in-universe); Shinji really wants to bang his cute clone-mom and slowly turns into his dad in the process while everything goes to hell.

Not the guy you're talking to, but you clearly haven't been paying attention in the show.

Asuka and Shinji are both afraid of rejection, but they deal with it differently. Shinji directs his fears inwards. His coping strategy is withdrawal. If he does not reach out, if he does not even try, then he cannot fail.
Asuka's coping strategy is the very opposite. Her sense of self-worth is tied to how well she performs (in any regard), which is why she aggressively reaches out to people in order to get confirmation that she is still performing sufficiently.
Shinji's withdrawal, and refusal to grant her the confirmation that he is attracted to her as a woman only makes her pursue him more aggressively.

Asuka's infatuation with Kaji is less serious from her part and also less mutual in the sense that she never reveals her true personality to him but wears a mask of nicety all the time. It is a childish crush, but nothing comparable to her interactions with Shinji.

>Their relationship isn't romantic, though.

Just good old Shinji kissing, fucking and jerking off on his friend. Not romantic though. Classic friend stuff that friends do

youtube.com/watch?v=QlezdwE7kHM

Again: Shinji being uncomfortable is the point. Asuka makes him uncomfortable because she relentlessly pursues him for attention.

That does not imply dislike however, and neither does tranquil calm next to another imply romantic/sexual interest - on the contrary.

I must of missed the memo where trying to choke the girl you love to death twice is part of romance.

Asuka/Shinji has some heavy freudian/maternal overtones as well, on both sides. Both want the other to be the mother of the relationship. Asuka wants her bento made every morning and she wants to be held. Shinji is looking for, in Asuka, "a mother he can sleep with" - see central text

When Asuka strokes his face, is she accepting to be the mother? Or is she basically starting a contract like: let's mother each other, okay?

Because people have never acted violent towards those they love.

The cut live action "world without Shinji" bit? There was a cute meta thing with Rei (played by her VA) being the senpai to Asuka (played by her VA), since Asuka's VA was new to the biz and Hayashibara was an old hand.

You can sail the seven seas and find
Love is a place you'll never see
Passing you like a summer breeze
You feel life has no other reason to be
You can wait a million years and find
That heavens too far away from you
Love's just a thing others do
What is love
Til it comes home to you
Did she promise you the world and did that
Girl just throw your love away
Leave you like a lonely solitaire
With just despair for company
Do you think you'd find revenge so sweet
Make it so you hearts will never beat
>Squeeze the very last and dying breath from
>Everything you've ever dreamed

I can't explain it in less than a few paragraphs, but he wasn't really trying to kill her, per se, either time.

this post shows how little you understand about asuka's character pretty well. she kisses shinji because she's frustrated that no matter what implication she makes, how scantily she dresses, he refuses to pay attention to her. she's secretly thrilled when she thinks he wanted to kiss her and tries to replicate it, not realizing it was completely based off in the moment lust, and its an awful kiss with zero passion or caring. saying they fucked is at best a stretch and that logic completely admits that rei and shinji also fucked, but when they fuck it ends with them holding hands, rei confessing her love to shinji and shinji learning to love himself. shortly after the scene where asuka and shinji 'fuck', shinji strangles asuka. saying they obsess over one another is blatantly wrong when they have have about 5 minutes of screentime during instrumentality, less and fewer words exchanged than between rei and shinji, where rei is the quietest character in the show.
asuka gets barely more time during instrumentality than misato. saying they exited instrumentality at each others side is wrong since shinji left himself approximately two weeks before asuka and its directly stated that leaving instrumentality is dependent upon your own will to live.
congrats on managing to make a post with every point objectively wrong though, i guess.

Yep.
To think that Anno would include a scene where Asuka is dating Touji and relentlessly fucking him every night.

Must have really liked that scene to keep it in every single Blu-Ray and DVD.

throughout the evangelion season production, Anno tried to hook up with Asuka's VA and kept bombing.

Wrong. He only tried to hook up with Nadia's VA.

>in the episode 24 drafts Asuka is a fujo
Wew.

Holy shit, the amount of inaccuracies and bullshit in this post. I gave up at "Shinji left approximately two weeks before Asuka"
What's the name for that argument tactic where one person shits out a wall of garbage points because he knows it takes more energy for the other person to refute them than it does for him to make them?

>congrats on managing to make a post with every point objectively wrong though, i guess.
Stop congratulating yourself, it's unsightly

Shinji exited instrumentality and had enough time to nail up Misato's cross and put up gravemarkers before Asuka showed up.

The nail had been rusted which means it's been at least 2 weeks where Shinji is on the beach alone until Asuka shows. Most likely because that was where she died, and more people will pop up after her.

moon phases are real tough to understand i get it buddy, it took the greeks a few weeks to figure out 3,000 years ago. plus it clearly showing misato's cross already nailed up and rusted. good idea to try arguing one point incorrectly instead of every point incorrectly which is the best you could do but it won't make you look any smarter.

Wait, you don't do that with your bros, bro?

I bet you don't even give brojobs.

2013 Saboten Con.
YM = Yuko Miyamura (Asuka's seiyuu) TG = Tiffany Grant (Asuka's voice actor)

>Q: Does Asuka really like Shinji?
>TG: Are you stupid?
>YM: No.

Which episode is that? Can't remember.

Because you have brain problems.

RE-TAKE was good and better then Rebuild.

>kaworetard gets completely devastated in all discussions of the show
>it resorts to spamming about the deleted scene about the world where Shinji doesn't exist and Asuka lives with Toji

Since we're going to bring up that deleted scene, let's use it as a learning opportunity.
Here is the full English translation of it: evaotaku.com/html/alteva.html
In this scene, the camera follows various characters' existence in a world where Shinji doesn't exist.
The first thing that plays is the title screen "I need you." (That's the title screen that was eventually moved in front of the final scene of EoE - pic related.)
The second thing is the camera following Asuka's bleak existence in this world. She narrates her misery to Rei throughout the scene.

You might be thinking that it's strange that "I need you." was placed in front of both of these scenes. First a scene about Asuka's misery in a where Shinji doesn't exist, and then a scene where Shinji has just exited instrumentality.

Let me draw your attention to Shinji's words when he was explaining to Rei his wishes for instrumentality:
>No one needs me, so it would be better if I didn't exist.

There's a funny story about that and the "kimochi warui" line. Apparently the last line for EoE was supposed to be Asuka saying "as if I'd be killed by the likes of you," but the VA couldn't deliver it well enough for Anno's autism. So Anno pulls her aside and asks her what's wrong. VA says she's not feeling the line. Anno asks her "What would you say if you knew someone had entered your room and jacked off over you while you slept?" VA says "kimochi warui." Anno gets a feeling so complicated and says "I see. We'll go with that, then."

Remember that Shinji is, by author admission, Anno's self-insert. And he was sweet on Asuka's VA and is an Asukafag.

Hatefucking. Asuka likes men who take charge, and Touji was tsundere around her a lot.

Gish gallop.

Evangelion is unironically too deep for a lot of people.

Most people are seriously dumb and passive, they don't like a show that takes mental focus to understand.

>Asuka likes men who take charge
Guess she's destined to get fucked by men like Kaji and Touji, then.

I think the Asukafag lost it, you guys.
The quote for Asuka's VA must have triggered him.

>instrumentality was an autism fight about who has to be the other's mommy

Why didn't they just flip a coin

He keeps talking to himself, he went insane long ago. Just report and ignore.

Why do you keep posting as if you're multiple people, on 60 second intervals with the same posting style?

Homosexuality is already a severe mental illness, but it looks like you have split personality disorder too.

Delete this.

Isn't it a little unfair to rag on Rebuild for being mediocre for the first few movies, before we've seen the last?

The first 75% of NGE was boring too, it only became groundbreaking around episode 20

You're so easy to trigger. If you want a safe space, may I suggest tumblr? They love feminazis like Asuka over there.

You're like those fucktards who needed to watch the final episode of AZ/VVV to finally understand that those shows were garbage.

>The first 75% of NGE was boring too
Yep, you're a retard.

Why does the kaworu spammer always do this Cred Forums LARP thing when he gets called out?
More importantly, after 10+ evaded bans this month, why hasn't he been rangebanned?

Shinji's hand just can't help but to choke. His dick, her throat, the difference is insignificant.

Talking in third person is a sign of severe autism.

I'm not the kaworu spammer. At least, I'm pretty sure I'm not. Do you mean to say that the AT fields keeping separate posters' identities distinct are disappearing?

I'm not sure if this is just a character you play because shitposting is your entire life and you need to make a game out of it, or what

Not sure what you're talking about, I didn't post a single picture of Rei.

I love you no homo

There was no harmony. Their respective dispositions put them at odds.

Theoretically they should complement each other, but both of them are fucked in the head enough that in practice the differences put them at odds. The situation and events around them being fucked up certainly doesn't help matters.

>people actually use the EoE scene with everyone rejecting Shinji as evidence for or against fucking ships
god damn are you guys fucking willfully stupid or can you not help it

>Shinji and Asuka
>harmony

The word you're looking for is alimony.

>Theoretically they should complement each other

Yes, from retarded shippers perspective, aka fuck logic and common sense.

T R U T H

This is honestly the worst fucking ship, why would anyone ship these two jesus christ

>failing to understanding the beauty of LAK

>people mistaking angelic days timeline LAS with the main one

You mean fuck NGE and watch it with your eyes gauged out ?
Because NGE spends what, 15 episodes establishing the complementarity and the similarities of Asuka's and Shinji's issues ?

You're a retard, NGE only established parallels between Shinji/Asuka in the fact that they both suffer from abandonment issues from missing parent figures, mothers in parcticular. Both of them cope with it in complete opposite manners, that's about it. There is nothing complementary about Asuka and Shinji, their relationship is utterly dysfunctional, they only bring out the worst in each other while making things worse as time goes on. There's a reason Shinji feels at ease with Kaworu but not Asuka, or anyone else, because they actually complement each other, Kaworu does bring out the good in Shinji, Asuka only keeps destroying it.

Shinji had such a fucked up life
>half his friends die, Asuka gets hospitalized, Rei dies and forgets him
>snaps his no homo boyfriend's head off
>thousands of armed men try to kill him
>stuck in a robot with no idea why his Eva is going flown by a bunch of flying toilets or why there's a giant Rei

>It's a mentally ill Kaworufag episode
So you're basically saying "Yes Asuka and Shinji have the same issues, but they're not complementary because I said so also thick Kaworu dick".
Once again, let's completely ignores the fact that no one fucked Shinji up more than Kaworu.
There's a reason Shinji feels at ease with the only unrealistic character of NGE, it's because Kaworu will never exist, that's the whole point of his character.
He does not complement anyone, he's just the perfect anime bro who understands everyone and everything and always has the perfect answer to your problems. You will never meet someone like this in real life, Shinji never will either.
And what the master meant by this is that you have to man up and face your issues and those of the people close to you. Feeling at ease with someone who hasn't opened up to you (like Kaworu did to Shinji) is temporary escapism and will never lead to a meaningful relationship.
Kaworu didn't bring any good out of Shinji, whereas Asuka forces him to face his problems which is the only way to solve them. If that's not "bringing the good out of someone" I don't know what is.

Nah, that's the one where nobody had a personality disorder except Kaworu as a retarded villain Peter Pan. This is more like the ISRP game or NGE2 scenarios.

Great post, very interesting.
But just a small detail, Thanathos doesn't appear first in episode 23, the first time it's played is in episode 19

I like them as a couple but they aren't "cute".

based webm poster

wdhmbt?

>There's a reason Shinji feels at ease with the only unrealistic character of NGE
>pic related, Shinji smiling and laughing with Rei
Not to mention how he becomes completely comfortable with Misato until about episode 22/23ish

forgot pic woops

What's unrealistic about Misato ?
What's unrealistic about a deeply autistic girl ?
How does that compare to Kaworu "mentalist" Nagisa ?

I'm not saying they're unrealistic, I'm saying Shinji is comfortable around them contrary to your assertion that he can only be comfortable around Kaworu.

I didn't say that at all, on the contrary, check where "only" was in my sentence, it was to say that Kaworu is the only unrealistic character (he is explicitly written as such).
I don't even believe Shinji is uncomfortable around Asuka before episode 15 and especially before the end of 22.

Is this real? Are they laughing at Asuka like she's in a mood to see it, or is that concern?

I don't think Shinji actually noticed Asuka on the platform, he probably would have at least nodded or something, I can't imagine Shinji ignoring someone he knows so blatantly.

this

People that unironically watched all of Eva have got to be 30+ by now. Why are you old fucks still browsing a at your age?

What ? You can only watch a show when it airs ? Is that why Cred Forums wastes its time watching garbage they'll have forgotten once the season ends instead of trying to find worthwhile watches ?

Cute

I like Asuka's little kick.

She gets so mad that she just has to kick stuff, even if it's air.

That's the instrumental, though.

Because Soft Pink is purest love?

Isn't it also the instrumental in episode 23 ?

>it looked better on the camrip
I kek every time

I don't remember this, did she see his boy penis?

You're right

Maybe the vocal version simply didn't exist prior to Asuka's fight in EoE? And they didn't have a third Rei sacrifice scene to play it to, so they just put it in that scene.

3.0+1.0 WHEN?

She saw the Ikarod

That's from the TV ending, episode 26.

IS DAT SUM
>RETURN
>OF
>SORYU
???

>DON'T POINT IT AT ME!
maybe

Asuka and Shinji fucking like dogs in heat

>tfw you'll never fuck like a dog in heat with ANYONE let alone your waifu cuz you nut in like a minute

This scene cemented my disdain for asuka and the fact that she's a massive cunt with no redeeming qualities. Why the fuck would you remove his blanket and then slap the shit out of him for having morning wood?

>Remember that Shinji is, by author admission, Anno's self-insert. And he was sweet on Asuka's VA and is an Asukafag.
I read Anno stalked Miyamura and that's why she hates him. According to Miyamura, her favorite scene on 3.0 was Asuka kicking brat Shinji

I would call you a speedreader, but..

>Why are women angry when they get unexpectedly wet for a reason they don't understand

It gets easier with practice

What did kaiji mean by this

It really didn't ;__;

___ __ ___ _______ _____, ______ !

I can't believe people think that Asuka and Shinji aren't canon. Its the only pairing that makes sense.

They know, for the most part. People can know something and also deny it.

But you're too retarded to come up with an actual response?

Even given it's a 90s show, this feels so different from what you expect out of Eva. Asuka's going off like a Ranma 1/2 character and manages to slug Shinji as a hologram in a sight gag.

Like you expect a Shinji no BAKA and a hyperspace mallet to show up.

Everyone who hasn't watched Evangelion at least six or seven times is guilty of speedwatching, because that's how many rewatches you need to understand important things

It has a bizarre serious plot-element being dropped in the middle of a comedic scene, also (Asuka revealing she was awake the prior night)

The fact that they make a callback to that highly serious scene at all in the middle of a lighthearted scene is just strange

I guess you can justify it as Asuka's tsundere rage making her let down her walls enough to bring something like that up, since she's swinging for the fences.

It's a really cute scene, but it's bizarre. Action Arc Asuka might as well be a different character than where she ends up.

>I guess you can justify it as Asuka's tsundere rage making her let down her walls enough to bring something like that up, since she's swinging for the fences.

She has a habit of letting out too much when she's talking to Shinji. I think from her perspective, when you spend your whole life thinking no one could understand you, it's difficult to stay bottled up when you encounter someone in a similar situation.

>It's a really cute scene, but it's bizarre. Action Arc Asuka might as well be a different character than where she ends up.
It's kind of funny, the episode numbers vaguely correspond to the hormone profile of a human. Episode 9 is the episode of the near-kiss, it's where they start to see each other sexually. Age 9 is actually where female puberty begins in most girls. All the way through episode 18 they are fairly sexual toward each other, and the supposed sex was in episode 15, which is right around the peak of human puberty and the time most people lose their virginity. By "adulthood", episode 20, they're fighting and there's a lot of bitter feelings, which I think is a dynamic a lot of teen couples experience if the relationship persists.

On the topic of Asuka and Shinji's relationship, here is an interesting thing. You can see the moments that affected them in this sequence of titles, or so it seems.

If it's unclear, this is the episode title flash-sequence that plays as global instrumentality begins (Komm, Susser Tod starting to play)

Asuka brings out Shinji's aggressiveness tho. The only time Shinji properly asserts himself and speaks his mind is when he's with Asuka. They do compliment each other, but not because Shinji is passive.

is how bad anime is in 2018

I never understood why that is. I don't understand Shinji all that well.

Maybe Asuka just has a way of getting under his skin. A lot of the time when he's behaving like a man it's because Asuka goaded him into doing it.

I think that it is arguably one of the most important scenes in the show when it comes to establishing Asuka and Shinji's relationship.

Asuka was willing to let Shinji kiss her. She knew but chickened out. She regrets it. Shows that she has some interest in Shinji and confirms that Shinji wants Asuka.

>Asuka was willing to let Shinji kiss her. She knew but chickened out. She regrets it.

The way this scene plays in Rebuild shines a little light on what she may have been thinking in NGE. In Rebuild it's specifically shown that she was hurting that night, for whatever reason--maybe related to her mother, unclear what Shikinami's past is--but anyway, hurting.

In NGE what interrupts the kiss is that she tears up and whispers 'mama'. It seems like she didn't come there to kiss, she came there to talk or be comforted.

But it's also strange that she forces a kiss a few episodes later, although the circumstances were different, you know. What she was hurting about that night was different.

>Asuka just has a way of getting under his skin
She does.

Normally, he reacts with avoidance, withdrawal and/or resignation when confronted, but Asuka manages to actually hit the right spots to upset him.
It may be because Asuka is his peer and he can't run away from her, while the others who usually nag him are either superiors or people whom he can run away from.

It's just the nature of their relationship.
Shinji often disagrees with Misato, but she's his superior and mother figure, he can't properly argue with her.
Rei doesn't often do anything to cause an argument and he doesn't understand how she thinks well enough to argue with her.
But then Asuka is someone who is always confrontaional, equal to him is status and age, and screams what she's thinking at him. She's perfect for arguing with.

>In NGE what interrupts the kiss is that she tears up and whispers 'mama'. It seems like she didn't come there to kiss, she came there to talk or be comforted.
This scene is often thought to be a smokescreened expressal of interest by Asuka, but it can also be a smokescreened show of vulnerability.

Asuka is also the only person besides Gendo who doesn't baby Shinji at all. She's harsh on him and doesn't treat him like a delicate object, so I can see how that would make him behave more assertively around her.

What are you talking about, she says in the same scene that she was kidding about knowing about the attempt to kiss her, meaning she was asleep. It was obviously just a casual remark meant to embarrass him.

>she says in the same scene that she was kidding about knowing about the attempt to kiss her, meaning she was asleep.

Do you really believe that she not only guessed that he kissed her, she guessed that he only *tried* without following through?

She clearly only said she was asleep to save face, she can't just let him know that she willingly came to his bed and laid down with him.

He's comfortable enough to get snarky and push back. It was the subject of an episode before Asuka struck that Misato was a slob around him and he was a little asshole at her because they were cool with eachother.

Kaji remarks about that too. Shinji says something to Kaji about him being irresponsible, and Kaji is like:
>You know, Shinji, once you get comfortable around someone you don't hold back.

She said he tried to kiss her because almost every anime were a boy and a girl sleep in the same bed, by accident or bynecessity, next day the girl always accuses the boy of having tried doing something sexual to her. It's a common trope.
And Of course she knew that he didn't go through with it since she would have woken up if he did.
Also she sleep walked, it wasn't willing. Asuka would never intentionally cry and call for her mother infront of Shinji , it goes against everything about her character.

>And Of course she knew that he didn't go through with it since she would have woken up if he did.

You are really grasping at straws to avoid confronting the likeliest explanation, which is that she was awake and pretending otherwise. She even rolls toward him to look after he leaves the futon.

>Asuka would never intentionally cry and call for her mother infront of Shinji , it goes against everything about her character.
You're the kind of person who insists that there is no dere in Asuka because you're in denial of the scenes where it's on display.

Read the first sentence, it is a common trope nothing more.
>She even rolls toward him to look after he leaves the futon.
What's that even supposed to signify? That means nothing.

>Also she sleep walked
Right before she lays down, she uses the bathroom. We hear the toilet flush. If you're going with an "it was an accident" narrative, it would be that Asuka accidentally got into the wrong bed while half-asleep (but still conscious enough to use the bathroom?)

It's just ridiculous, apply occam's razor and it's clear she was awake,

>Asuka would never intentionally cry and call for her mother infront of Shinji , it goes against everything about her character.
You don't understand the character.
The entire basis of Asuka's relationship with Shinji, the reason they were always at arm's length from each other and just out of reach, is that she only shows vulnerability or interest when it can be delivered with plausible deniability. The kiss was just an experiment, nothing serious! Except that's not true, she said it to protect herself out of fear of rejection.

It's the same with the bed scene and pretending to be asleep.

Of course there is plenty of dere moments with Asuka but, that is not one of them.

>half-asleep
That is what I meant , didn't know there was a difference. I have multiple times gone to the bathroom at night without being completely aware.
>occam's razor
That would be to take what the shows tells and shows and not read into it in a way that break Asuka's character.

>>occam's razor
>That would be to take what the shows tells and shows and not read into it in a way that break Asuka's character.

No, occam's razor doesn't mean brainlessly believing what you're "meant" to believe.

I don't have time to explain things to someone who is being willfully ignorant, this is like trying to explain math to a child who is insisting that 4+4 = banana. Just go on with your fruity logic, I don't see any reason to help you further if you're so uncooperative.

The Ikari family is truly gifted.

>it's like this in all my other japanese anime so it must be like this in evangelion too
No. Evangelion only uses common tropes when it wants to fuck you in the ass with them.

The kiss scene is entirely different, not only is it later on in the show when they know eachother a lot better, Asuka is not openly showing any vulnerability or insecurities in that scene. It is not some kind of postering in an attempt to tell Shinji about her problems, you can interperet Asuka's action there in many ways but that is not one of them.

I would say the same thing. It is obvious you have willfully misinterpreted the show for your waifufaggotry

This is just wrong, I think NGE is a masterpiece but it uses plenty of tropes, especially in the beginning.

Any time someone tries to simplify something in Evangelion to the level of "It was just a silly trope that meant nothing" you can safely disregard all else they have to say about the show

Levity, too. This is more pleasant conversation than dwelling on how they were just blown 100 meters off the road by a WMD.

>it uses plenty of tropes, especially in the beginning.
I don't deny it, I simply want to point that all of them end up looking like cruel irony rather than being used in any conventional way.
It doesn't really make sense to justify this scene by saying "it's like this in other anime so it's the same thing here", because it's clearly not. Even if you interpret it as a trope, you're forced to acknowledge how much it ends straying away from the trope when this scene pops back 13 episodes later in ep 22.
The whole "wall of jericho", the sleepwalk, are not random falvor elements or comic relief, they are important narrative points ; if they weren't, these scenes wouldn't pop as flashbacks in episode 22.

The bed scene did mean a lot for Asuka's character but not in the way you are saying it did.

The way it plays with the trope is that Asuka is crying and calling for her mother and is obviously a much more broken character than how she appered before that.

You sound like you have barely watched once.

>The way it plays with the trope is that Asuka is crying and calling for her mother and is obviously a much more broken character than how she appered before that.
the way it plays with the trope is that it actually removes anything that used to make these scenes nothing more than memes.
There is indeed the mother stuff, but it's not everything at all. It also shows that Asuka is seeking affection from Shinji, be it consciously or not depending on whether or not you think she's awake.
But when you connect this scene with her tirade about the wall of jericho just 30 fucking seconds ago (which has never been reputed as the most solid wall ever, far from that), it's not that difficult to just add 2 to 2 and get fucking 4.
Saying that this scene shows nothing between Asuka and Shinji is beyond retarded.

I never said that the scene showed nothing about them I just said that Asuka wasn't awake, and that the people who said it was some plot-defining moment about what she said about his attempt to kiss her, were retarded.

>It is not some kind of postering in an attempt to tell Shinji about her problems
No no no, you're right not at all.

It's a wig. Shinji was Asuka all along and the rest of the NERV staff put up with his play pretending as a german girl genius to get him to get into the damn robot.

Ok, I misunderstood your point a bit, but still, it is a plot-defining moment, not one of the most important sure, since the dynamic of this scene is repeated several times through the story.
But still, it is pretty damn important because it's the first time that they're both looking for one another without being able to connect, which is basically their whole relationship in a nutshell.

I don't see how using his dead mom to goad him into kissing her will make him ask about her parents.

I agree.

>I don't see how using his dead mom to goad him into kissing her will make him ask about her parents.
really ?

>dogs

NERV's puppies

Maybe I'm autistic but I have no idea how that would promt Shinji to ask about Asuka's parents.
What is he supposed say?
>aren't you afraid that your mother is watching from heaven?

>that knowing smile on asuka
DEVIOUS

I'll explain it quickly
Shinji's problem is that he's unable to open up and especially to Asuka.
Asuka's problem is that she hides her attempts at opening up under false arrogance and taunts to keep face because she doesn't want to appear fragile.
Shinji's additional problem is that, like most teenagers, he can't understand that Asuka is hiding under a facade because it's hard to treat arrogance as anything else. So he never dares to ask her about her past or her family, and Asuka would never do it either because see above.

But when she's telling Shinji that, to taunt him, she's actually hoping, at least unconsciously, that her taunt will get him to grow a pair and kiss her, be a bit daring.
And that, naturally, kissing would help him and her opening up, because there's obivously really nothing that says "i can tell you everything" more than a passionate kiss.
Of course it doesn't go as planned and she's the one keeping the initiative all along, so she never herself acknowledges that it's what she wanted, finding a way to create an emotional connection between Shinji and her that would allow her to talk to him about their respective fucked up families.

Go away Mari.

>But when she's telling Shinji that, to taunt him, she's actually hoping, at least unconsciously, that her taunt will get him to grow a pair and kiss her, be a bit daring.

I think when she held his breath during the kiss it was a taunt as well. She was trying to make him get physical by pulling her hand away, but instead he just took it.

>mari calls shinji a puppy
>asuka is a cat

Really makes you think

I think that is reading too much into it. I think it was just a 13-year old's shitty attempt at flirting.

You can never read too much into the human mind, it's a very complex thing.

Yep, that's the point.
This line always made me diamonds so she doesn't even do a bad job about it

It really brings you into the moment, doesn't it? A little thing you wouldn't otherwise think about, the sensation of the other person's breath.

>I think it was just a 13-year old's shitty attempt at flirting.
Yeah and when you try to detail a bit what goes on in the minds of 13 years old shitty attempts at flirting, you realize that there's indeed shit like this happening, at least there were in my own, before I ended up here a long time ago already.
So I can relate.
14 years old or rather teenage attempts at love are an interesting thing because of how much they end defining a person's whole attitude towards relationships. I don't think many people will disagree around here.

Now you're on the final level of understanding Eva.

Interesting filename. Maybe that has to do with it.

Yeah, I know

I choose to believe it ultimately works out between them is what i meant by this.

DEEPEST. LORE.

One can easily drown in the lore.

give more lore pls

If there was one thing I wish I could truth serum Anno about, it's these drawings.
I've put more time into trying to figure them out than all my other theories combined and I still have no idea, other than the vague impression that it might be a past timeline that appeared to Asuka and/or Shiinji in childhood dreams that they drew.
They have all the signs of being crucially important. Their placement in the story and how insanely obscured they are.

If you haven't seen them already, here are some other interesting lore morsels:
youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA

Meant for

hey can the movie come out already so I can get some closure and peace of mind?

crayondrawingposter is back, nice. Your theories and posts helped me quite a bit for understanding Evangelion after rewatching it a few months back, thanks for that.

I've been thinking about the title frame sequences since you first posted something about it, because it fucking boggles my mind, there must be something relatively obvious about it but I just can't figure out what the master fucking meant by these red title cards and flashes and I just can't come up with something satisfying, there's always one too many or one lacking for every idea I got.

FWIW, I noticed on my last rewatch that the white title cards are actually showing up as white in the serie (ep 15 first card and 24 second card).

>beginning and end are one and the same
>but this time around, the end will never come

What's your take on that drawing then?

Since it's been confirmed Kaworu is the one looping the world, I wonder how this shitfest is gonna end.
I'm banking on pic related.

>FWIW, I noticed on my last rewatch that the white title cards are actually showing up as white in the serie (ep 15 first card and 24 second card).

Yeah, and there are also moments in the start of the TV ending where black text on a white background is shown as Shinji is interrogated about hurtful things.
"SO YOU KILLED HIM?"
"EVEN THOUGH HE WAS A HUMAN LIKE YOU?"
That scene is the one I mean.
So I'm more confident the white frames are moments Shinji was hurt.

I don't know, to me it looks like NERV arriving to Shinji's home or something. If you assume this was a past timeline it could be absolutely anything. It could be a quarantine cage, who knows.

>I'm banking on pic related.
Kaworufags, when will they ever learn ?

Kaworu is the one looping the world though.

>Yeah, and there are also moments in the start of the TV ending where black text on a white background is shown as Shinji is interrogated about hurtful things.
indeed, and there's also this one as early as episode 2, which I noticed because of this theorie, and it's a file about instrumentality.
Maybe somehting linking Shinji's suffering and instrumentality ? Since Gendo pretty much needs him as fucked up as possible for his ego not to resist, maybe there's somehting there ?

I know it was a joke

Okay

I believe you have it in reverse. Kaworu wanted the world to be repaired, for it to persist. "With those two spears we can heal this world, Shinji." He also wanted humans transformed "in the image of Adam" (see: the failures of infinity)

When Kaworu realizes Gendo's plan ("That's what you're planning, Lilin!") he accepts that there will be no repairing this world, and there will be a reset. He resolves to see Shinji in the next timeline. "We will meet again."

The Dead Sea Scrolls seem to be a formula/template for a timeline, containing a number of static events which will always come to pass (Angels visiting in X order, Asuka losing her eye and sustaining specific bodily injuries against an angel, Kaworu being tricked by a Gendo switcharoo, etc.) When Gendo says that "the time has come to amend the Dead Sea Scrolls", I believe he means that he's not intending on healing the current world at all, he's going to perform preventative medicine on the next one.

I personally think that the end of 3.0+1.0 will be a shot of Shinji waking breathlessly into a new world, the same waking-up shot we see many times throughout Evangelion. It may be a good ending, where everything is alright in that new world.

Looks like a hedge on the left and a pet in the house. Maybe this is when he was left behind? Gendo bounced in a VTOL?

>Kaworu is the one looping the world though.

Who gave you that idea? The fact that Kaworu seems to have knowledge of the past timeline says absolutely nothing about him being responsible for the loops or not.

Kaworu actually seems quite powerless in the grand scheme of things. 'This time I will, at least, make you happy' - as if that's all he can hope to do because he has no larger sway over events.

The looping is probably related to Shinji and his SDAT player, not Kaworu.

The thing about this cliche is that when I was in school, everyone would sort me out because I looked like a retard in my uniform.

>The fact that Kaworu seems to have knowledge of the past timeline says absolutely nothing about him being responsible for the loops or not.

It also makes no sense that Kaworu falls for the same exact trick as last time (Gendo swapping something out) if he remembers the last timeline(s)

These threads are as autistic as the Fate ones. Good work, Evafags.

Implying you understood the scene

>He wanted humans transformed "in the image of Adam"
Why do you say that?
The world is naturally reverting to its original form of being suited for angels and not humans (because humans aren't supposed to be on Earth), but Kaworu himself as Adam seems to want to preserve humanity as well.

Honestly it seems like he just wants his angels and humans to coexist.

reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/1pdjc3/akira_ishidas_interview_on_kaworu_from_evangelion/

It's been confirmed that Kaworu has retained his power at the first Angel once again, as he tells Shinji he was the trigger.

Last time it was SEELE's doing, so Kaworu focused all his effort on thwarting SEELE, this time it was Gendo which caught Kaworu offguard.

Honestly it's just bad writing.

>Looks like a hedge on the left and a pet in the house. Maybe this is when he was left behind? Gendo bounced in a VTOL?

The really troublesome thing is that drawing is one of those that appears first in Asuka's memories, during the mind invasion.
I have a few low-grade "childhood friends universe" related theories.
streamable.com/shm9f

The second time all the drawings appear is during Komm, Susser Tod - the moment global instrumentality begins.

I want Shinji to fuck Asuka

I'm not well enough equipped to figure this stuff out..

From Ishida's interview:

>ISHIDA
Actually, while 1.0 was being recorded, the director, Mr. Anno, gave me a lecture about who Kaworu and Shinji are in Rebuild. So, I based my performance [in 1.0 and 2.0] on my own understanding of the information I was given and the situation and lines in 1.0 and 2.0. And the same goes for my performance in Q. That said, I didn’t really have many scenes in 1.0 and 2.0. So, in Q it finally hit me, 'So this is what it was all about…’ That sort of thing

>ISHIDA
The thing the rest of the cast was surprised about this time were the things that the director had revealed to me alone in the beginning, and how my role and what I knew sort of lined up neatly. On the other hand, I kept having, 'Ooh! You guys didn’t know that?’ moments. I had to be evasive with anyone looking for explanations up until now, and I guess I kind of miss the feeling of, 'oh too bad, they think it’s a rehash,’ and 'heh, they totally fell for it’ since that was kind of fun.

>. How should Nagisa Kaworu be after he’s accumulated several different cycles in his past? And Eva itself has a very precise strike-zone, to get it just like it should be. I couldn’t lose sight of that.

Kaworu apparently has a specific role to play in Rebuild.

Kaworu was working with SEELE and he had the same goal. Kaworu explains SEELE's motivations to Shinji when he is talking about the Failures of Infinity.
Gendo claimed to be working with SEELE but he fooled them and Kaworu.

I just can't explain all the reasons succinctly why I know Kaworu was earnestly working with SEELE, but to start with, rewatch the scene where he explains the Failures to Shinji.

None of that has anything to do with Kaworu 'controlling the time loops', just a vague insinuation that he had an important role in the plot of 3.0 (which we know is true, obviously... I'm guessing that was a pre-3.0 tease interview)

>Linking plebbit link.
And you're expecting people to take you seriously.

Kaworu just wanted what was best for humanity, SEELE was Kaworu's only connection with humanity for a long time, thus he assumed all humans wanted instrumentality and worked forth to make them come true.

But after meeting Shinji he realized that isn't the case, and had to adjust his actions accordingly.
That was the first loop at least.

In this loop SEELE want the exact same thing, so I think Kaworu is working on his own agenda again.

>link of the acutal interview is a tumblr
No way to win

>Why do you say that?
Because Kaworu directly says that. Please rewatch the scene where Kaworu explains SEELE's plans & the Failures of Infinity to Shinji. Please rewatch the ending of 3.0 in which it becomes clear that SEELE is responsible for the Mark.06-Lilith amalgam turning people into the Failures.

Why would Anno go through the trouble of telling Kaworu's seiyuu all about Rebuild's plot and no other character?

And if it wasn't Kaworu, but Shinji controlling the timeloops, then why would he only make Kaworu aware of them? And Gendo/SEELE as well?

He never says he wants humans transformed, he just says they are being transformed.

Shinji was the one who spurring their evolution into Failures in the first place with second impact, he's essentially their father. Which makes sense since he's heavily implied to be another progenitor like Rei and Kaworu.

SEELE are out of the game at this point, Gendo is the one with the reigns if I recall correctly.

>Why would Anno go through the trouble of telling Kaworu's seiyuu all about Rebuild's plot and no other character?
I don't know what point you are trying to make right now, please state it in normal human words and not some kind of riddle.

>And if it wasn't Kaworu, but Shinji controlling the timeloops, then why would he only make Kaworu aware of them? And Gendo/SEELE as well?

1) Do you have any evidence whatsoever that Kaworu is CONTROLLING the timelines/looping? The interview you posted is not evidence of that, it never says anything remotely close.

2) I can't explain to you in less than a shitton of paragraphs why the timelines are probably related to Shinji, but to be very short:
>"Where is your reality? It's at the end of my dream."
>SDAT episode numbers
>Instrumentality initiated by psychically torturing Shinji and breaking his ego barrier, which causes everyone else in the world to lose their ego barriers too

Gendo and SEELE know about timelines because they have access to the Dead Sea Scrolls, which is the recipe for a new timeline, containing a number of static or semi-static events.

>He never says he wants humans transformed, he just says they are being transformed.

Yes, and Kaworu was on SEELE's side. Do you not realize that SEELE is aligned with NERV in 3.0? (at least one sidedly - Gendo betrays them)

I'm simply confused as to why Anno would choose Kaworu's VA out of everyone to inform on the plot of Rebuild ahead of time, and no other character.
Specifically about 'Who Shinji and Kaworu are in Rebuild'.

>Any evidence whatsoever that Kaworu is CONTROLLING the timelines/looping
The line:
>Nagisa Kaworu be after he’s accumulated several different cycles in his past
May not confirm that Kaworu is the one controlling it, but it confirms there's already been several loops already.
If Shinji is indeed the one controlling them, then why would he allow Kaworu the only one able to know about them?

SEELE - Initiate Instrumentality
Gendo - own agenda, probably to be with Yui on a higher plane
WILLE - Stop NERV

None of these agendas coincide with Kaworu's.

SEELE have knowledge of the timelines because they aren't even human anymore.

>Shinji was the one who spurring their evolution into Failures in the first place with second impact, he's essentially their father.
You don't know what you're talking about.

>May not confirm that Kaworu is the one controlling it, but it confirms there's already been several loops already.
Yes, exactly what I fucking said, it has no evidence of Kaworu "CONTROLLING" timelines like you said.

I swear to god, nobody understands even the first bit of Rebuild on Cred Forums and you all think you're experts on it.

Here are the facts, I won't bother to argue any more.

Kaworu is aligned with SEELE. SEELE attempted, in the time gap, to transform humanity into copies of EVA Unit 01. "Remaking humanity in Adam's image", etc. These are the Failures. Kaworu believed this was the best plan for humanity.

The Failures were transformed into their current form by fusing Mark.06 (infected with the twelfth angel) with Lilith. The angel used Lilith's body to begin transforming humanity. See image

This mass transformation was ceased or retarded when Lilith was beheaded by an unknown party. The Failures lost their heads when this happened. Here they are reaching for Lilith's head.

SEELE and Kaworu wanted to redo this in 3.0, successfully transforming humanity this time (and possibly reviving the Failures,) but Gendo tricked them somehow with the spears.

To reiterate for the slow among us: KAWORU IS WORKING WITH SEELE. KAWORU IS ALIGNED WITH SEELE'S GOALS. EXACTLY THE SAME AS IN NGE, SEELE AND KAWORU ARE DECEIVED BY A TRICK WHICH KAWORU ACCEPTS IN THE END. KAWORU HAS A MONOLOGUE IN WHICH HE WAXES ROMANTIC ABOUT HUMANITY BEING MADE INTO THE FAILURES OF INFINITY.

I can't understand how you fail to see this. Kaworu is piloting a SEELE EVA unit, he is operating out of a SEELE base, he is verbally expressing his love for SEELE's plans to Shinji. He believes SEELE's plan is what's best for Shinji and humanity. This is fucking basic.

>You don't know what you're talking about
The Failures of Infinity were created from the Second Impact, i.e., Shinji's actions.

Calm down, autismo.

>SEELE - Initiate Instrumentality

Not only is this not SEELE's plan in Rebuild, it isn't even their plan in NGE. In NGE they wanted to put their souls into the mass production EVAs (one for each council member) and destroy the Lances so they would be immortal.

In Rebuild they want to transform all of humanity into Adam-based life, and they nearly succeeded in the time gap. That's what the Failures are. Kaworu tells you this if you will stop speedwatching.

>The Failures of Infinity were created from the Second Impact, i.e., Shinji's actions.

No they weren't, you don't know what you're talking about. Watch the movies more than once before throwing your observations into the ring.

>In NGE they wanted to put their souls into the mass production EVAs (one for each council member) and destroy the Lances so they would be immortal.
Nice fanfic, where's your source?

They wanted Instrumentality, that's why they're smiling and saying this is what they wanted when they get melted into tang goo.

>In Rebuild they want to transform all of humanity into Adam-based life
Nope again. They still want Instrumentality, as their own words will tell you.

It's literally stated the Failures of Infinity are products of Shinji's impact. They were humans forcibly evolved into these 'Eva-like' beings.
Misato and co. are the remnants of humanity who somehow survived.

>then why would he allow Kaworu the only one able to know about them?

Why do you possibly believe that Kaworu has perfect knowledge of the previous timeline? Do you realize that Kaworu fell for the exact same trick in Rebuild as he did in NGE (Gendo tricking him by switching something out?)

If he had general, non-limited knowledge of the past timeline, he would know from the very beginning that Gendo is not on his side.

>>They wanted Instrumentality, that's why they're smiling and saying this is what they wanted when they get melted into tang goo.
You are literally unsavable from your own stupidity. You won't ever understand Evangelion even if it's fed to you on a spoon.

It wasn't Gendo that tricked him, it was SEELE in the first loop.
This time it was Gendo, not SEELE.
Two completely different groups, he seems to have more than enough knowledge of the timelines and it wouldn't make sense for him to be the only one Shinji grants that knowledge to.

Nice rebuttal. Explain why SEELE is literally smiling and saying their goals have been achieved when they're taken into Instrumentality.

>tfw no 26-episode SoL EVA series about reconstructing everything that the original took apart
And no, Angelic Days isn't enough

Nope, he was definitely trying to kill her because she rejected him. Shinji goes full edgelord in EoE.

A real professional would say that couples that are violent to one another do not belong together. It isn't love, its hatred.

A real romance is White Album 2, Eva is not for that.

>It wasn't Gendo that tricked him, it was SEELE in the first loop.

You are wrong. Gendo tricked SEELE and by proxy he tricked Kaworu as well. Gendo tricked everyone, even his own employees. "Adam is actually Lilith" was opsec'd in NERV like German manufacturing plants calling their superweapon "High-pressure Irrigation Device"

I can't explain any more of this to you guys, it's infuriating to have people who know absolutely nothing try to explain why they're right about everything. The dunning-kruger effect badly affects EVA lore discussions.

SEELE tricked Kaworu in the sense that they convinced him that SEELE wanted Instrumentality, but Kaworu learns this isn't the case once he actually meets another human for the first time.

It's completely different from the SEELE v. Gendo confrontation.

I'd fucking shoot myself.

As far as NERV is concerned, only Gendo, Fuyutsuki and maybe Kaji knew of intrumentality but Misato, Ritsuko, Maya, Hyuga and Aoba were only told they were defeat Angels to prevent 3rd impact. Top brass of NERV were intentionally lying to everyone.

Kaworu is literally a plot device character that meme'd himself into being a bigger player in advertising/reboots. He's pretty much POOCHIE in Eva form.

Pretty sure he takes the cake for biggest one episode character that's somehow super important.

It doesn't take away from Kaworu the only person Shinji has ever loved. That will never ever change.

>It doesn't take away from Kaworu the only person Shinji has ever loved. That will never ever change.

Where did you get this idea exactly? Was it around the time EoE ended after 30 solid minutes of mutual Asuka/Shinji obsession, with Asuka and Shinji together on the red shore?

they have great chemestry

That's because Asuka has a mental disorder called histrionic personality disorder, and Shinji has other traumatic issues himself. Anyone would do for Asuka, same for Shinji.

They might not need to eat with their new bodies, seems like they were the designers.

That has nothing to do with what you just said. I think you have some screws loose yourself.

What does Asuka’s pussy feel like?

Oiled velvet imbued with anger

Weren't you the one that brought up Asuka for no purpose when the post was about Kaworu and Shinji ? I merely responded to that claim, there is no evidence that support Shinji wanting to marry Asuka like he does want for Kaworu.

Yes. Kaworu is the real love interest. All of the other episodes (basically the entire series) were nothing but filler to distract people from Kaworu's love.

>histrionic personality disorder
>this fucking meme again
You have clearly no fucking idea what this is.

I always found the "fap over me I'll watch" line pretty hot.

Are you horny, user?

Me too, and it was intended to be.

There is a few articles on the internet that have wondered what mental disorders the cast of Evangelion has, one or two of them say Asuka has histrionic personality disorder. She has it according to professionals, deny it as much as you want.

>She has it according to professionals
Because professional psychologist are never full of shit, right.
And that's even implying professionnal psycholigists that have nothing better to do than commenting about the cast of Eva's mental illnesses have anything of value to say about their own work.
Regardless if you have a link I'd really like to see their reasoning because it must be so fucking retarded that it must be gold.

>Professionals
Prove it, autist.

This was literally never said.

>the underage kaworuspammer wakes up
>immediately starts shitposting on its phone

Rangeban soon.

Yup, would totally fap all over Asuka while she watches.

see > I know all about your little jerk off fantasies about me
> go ahead and do it like you always do
> I'll stand there and watch you

That scene was really interesting. She wasn't angry that Shinji masturbated to her, she was angry he did it secretly and without giving any indication that he was interested in her.

>If I can't have every piece of you, I don't want any part whatsoever.

Clearly talking about his libido.

Reminder that the test plugsuit has a transparent midsection so the pilot's breathing can be manually monitored.
That means there's a NERV employee whose job is to stare at Asuka's belly all day while she carries out tests.

shoot me first

>still no Eva JOI spinoff where Asuka's seiyu humiliates you for even having lewd thoughts about her
wtf is taking so long Anno ?

He's paraphrasing from EoE:

>Idiot! I 'know' about your jerk-off fantasies of me.
>Do it again like usual... I'll even stand here and watch.

While putting her tits in his face, too.

Note that she says fantasies, plural. Shinji jerking off to her that one time wasn't an anomaly, he was probably doing it ever since they met. He may have even done it that night she came to lay down with him.

You could probably google it, also Asuka has most of the symptoms of HPD. Would it really be that surprising Anno and Sadamoto did their research of different mental disorders before creating Evangelion?

Again, where’s the link, faggot?

Asuka definitely craves attention and praise on a pathological level because she was denied it as a child. I don't see a point to putting some kind of label on it, people are unique and they can exhibit similar behavior for different reasons.

It's obvious you've never actually seen Evangelion.
Here's a tip: try to at least pay attention to the thread. That scene is posted right here, at the TOP OF THE THREAD.

I wanna tuck asscar's head into the crook of my neck and spend an hour stroking her hair.

The bed scene was perfect for a quick one, there is a certain thrill of not being caught fapping in her face that would make it even better.

The series would have turned out much differently if Shinji embraced Asuka during their kiss.

Hm.

>Asuka has most of the symptoms of HPD
Link faggot or list of the symptoms she supposedly has.

But long story short to get away with this bullshit theory from armchair psychologists :
HPD fucks are actively looking for attention from anyone, going so far as to embellish stories or straight invent bullshit to get attention but most of all compassion.
They have absolutely no fucking reservations about telling random fucks about their most personal problems. They are what we grossly call fucking attention whores whose sole purpose is to be at the center of attention of anyone they meet.
That's the fucking whole basis of this disorder. Then there are degrees of course, and most of them are actually vaguely functionnal in social setting but their constant way of turning any conversation about themselves gives them away immediately.

And if you think that's an accurate representation of Asuka, you have not been paying attention.

The whole fucking problem of Asuka is that she's unable to open up and talk about her personal problems. She's not seeking attention and empathy from randoms fucks, she's actively avoiding it for fuck's sake.
She's only actively seeking it from a few select list of peoples that actually only has two fucking names on it : at first Kaji, then Shinji.

If seeking attention from the only two persons in your life you actually have respect for is being an histrionic, then you are no more a fucking psychologist than a retarded fuck with a degree looking for some quick buck writing bullshit clickbait about fictional characters.

tl;dr : fuck your bullshit.

If they reached that kind of relationship as early as episode 15, Asuka would've lost her mind much easier. It would've probably happened the very next episode, in fact, when Shinji was lost to the dirac sea.

Kaworu is literally best boy, that's why he's so popular.

He's my favorite character after Asuka.

>He's my favorite character after Asuka.
this. that's why i ship them together.
kaoru is the only one who can save asuka

>Kaworu is the best

Kaworu was an awful person who killed three billion people, initiated all of the agony the characters suffered, manipulated and led on Shinji, and didn't even love him romantically.

Yep, Asuka and Anno agree. Don't bother them about it.

Kill yourselg

Kaworu only killed the inferior races, Ayrans and Master Race Nips survived.

Thank you based Kaworu.

This is some coordinated crack shipper posting. Fuck off niggers.

Anno and his wife are Japanese though.

>getting this insecure because you know Asuka would choose the chad Kaworu over your virgin loser ass any day

Then that would mean your waifu is as well.

>hot steamy hospital sex in the smell of expired LCL
hmmm

Maybe. But him coming back might of restored her faith that she wasn't going to be abandoned, either.

Woulda been nice to get a retelling of Eva with this kind of story line instead of 3.0

You think LCL would be a good lubricator?

>japanese
>people

>Anno giving his character some break for them to discuss their realtionships and it ends well
Fucking never !

>mfw people only think EVA is deep because the showrunner discovered psychology halfway through the show and derailed everything and then the budget ran out

Well, Anno dedicated all of 3.0 to Kaworu x Shinji homo time, so I guess he has a preference for certain relationships over others.

Asuka only needs hugs as lubricant

>LCL smells like blood

well at least she wouldn't have to hide if she were on her period

>requesting spoon feeding
Lurk more.

What Asuka has in common with HPD patients
>Be uncomfortable unless he or she is the center of attention
Notice how Asuka is angry when Shinji and Kaji never paid attention to her, notice how she gets mad when Shinji and Rei get all the praise and she doesn't?

>Dress provocatively and/or exhibit inappropriately seductive or flirtatious behavior
Asuka strips in front of Kaji on the aircraft carrier and asks Shinji (a fellow teammate and classmate) about her breasts.

>Shift emotions rapidly
Asuka becomes a different person at school compared to what she is as a pilot and at Misato's apartment.

>Be overly concerned with physical appearance
This one is obvious and self explanatory.

>Constantly seek reassurance or approval
Only pilots for the praise of others, wants to be seen as an adult.

>Be gullible and easily influenced by others
Easily manipulated by NERV and SEELE's game, causing her breakdown.

>Be excessively sensitive to criticism or disapproval
Arael's words about her past, who she really is, caused her lose her complete composure. Asuka does not handle criticism of herself well at all.

>Have difficulty maintaining relationships, often seeming fake or shallow in their dealings with others
See her relationship with Shinji, Kaji and even Hikari. Only person Asuka ever loved was her mother, who she thinks hated her as well.

>Be self-centered and rarely show concern for others
Asuka showed no desire to save Shinji when he was absorbed by Leliel, infact laughed at his mistake "getting what he (Shinji) deserved"

She may have visited the hospital, but it doesn't excuse the fact of her behavior in that episode. Asuka never apologized to Shinji.

I wanna rub Asuka's nerve clips till her face is as red as they are.

I forgot how gay the Eva calendar was

This year's is gayer, Amazon just shipped mine.

Imagine being so autistic you think Asuka has HPD.

Like half of this shit is something I'd expect from a community college analysis. Let's look at some of it:
>Easily manipulated by NERV and SEELE's game, causing her breakdown.
Yeah, like everyone else in the world.

>Be overly concerned with physical appearance
>This one is obvious and self explanatory.
Welcome to teen girls, dumbass.

>Asuka showed no desire to save Shinji when he was absorbed by Leliel, infact laughed at his mistake "getting what he (Shinji) deserved"
Literally shows concern during and after the fight

Would 3rd Impact have been avoided if they'd just fucked?

02 is better than Usuka.

02 is used goods thanks to the Kaworu clone

Alright you persitent fuckhead, let's go through all these bullshit arguments.They all ultimately rest on the same issue : cherrypicking and overblowing what doesn't matter while being oblivious to what does.

>Notice how Asuka is angry when Shinji and Kaji never paid attention to her, notice how she gets mad when Shinji and Rei get all the praise and she doesn't?
Notice how she herself congratulates people who she feels deserve it, and only really gets mad when Shinji ultimately beats her because she's competitive as fuck ?
Notice how this is a perfectly normal behavior for a competive state of mind and not attention seeking at all ?
>Asuka strips in front of Kaji on the aircraft carrier and asks Shinji (a fellow teammate and classmate) about her breasts.
implying she isn't already interested in Shinji since he helped her defeat an angel one epsiode ago. Again, an histrionic acts like this with everyone, not with people he's infatuated with fuckhead.
>Asuka becomes a different person at school compared to what she is as a pilot and at Misato's apartment.
Yes that's called hiding your emotions, not changing them. Of course she acts differently in public than in private dickhead, everyone does. But Asuka is hiding even more deeply herself in public than around Misato and Shinji.
Surprise, once again it points far away from attention seeking and hsitrionic behavior, what a fucking shock !
>This one is obvious and self explanatory.
No it's not, aside from not wanting to look like a disgusting slob of fat in front of Kaji and being seen naked she never shows any sign that she's particularly worred about her appearance. No make up, no long stays in the bathroom, not checking herself in a mirror every five goddamn minute.

Again, you really have no fucking clue how histrionics actually behave for christ's sake !

1/2

>Only pilots for the praise of others, wants to be seen as an adult.
It's really beginning to be "I didn't understand anything of what went down between episode 20 and EoE : the post". That has absolutely nothing to do with HPD.

>Arael's words about her past, who she really is, caused her lose her complete composure. Asuka does not handle criticism of herself well at all.
Implying anyone can handle having all your faults and mistakes laid in front of you during a mindrape, fucking next.
She's even perceptive to criticism and accepts it before she breaks down in the last episodes, see episodes fucking 9 from 15 and even your own fucking pic related illustrates that better than I could with words.

>See her relationship with Shinji, Kaji and even Hikari. Only person Asuka ever loved was her mother, who she thinks hated her as well.
Oh come on now, that's just ridiculous. Fucking baseless claim that you would need more time than you spent writing this bullshit justififying on its own.

>Asuka showed no desire to save Shinji when he was absorbed by Leliel, infact laughed at his mistake "getting what he (Shinji) deserved"
Fucking. Bullshit. See pic related. Plus the hospital ending.

The best way to show that you don't understand Asuka's character at all is always to bring up this scene in episode 16, in which she couldn't be more clearly trying to hide her feelings to Rei.
But I mean, how the fuck can I expect autistic fucks like you who have never met an histrionic, and have somehow convinced themselves Asuka was one after reading a post on reddit linking to a fucking wikipedia page (all google gave me for that) to understand anything about the subtelties of the relationships and characters feelings in Evangelion ?
2/2

A better question is why does she hate him so much?

Because she hates homosexuals.

>Easily manipulated by NERV and SEELE's game, causing her breakdown.
Oh yeah, I forgot this one by the way; because it's probably my favorite in your bullshit line of rhetoric that told me who you were and why I won't bother with another of your posts because I know perfectly well that you will grasp at straws for the rest of the night while continuing to blindly argue about shit that has been discarded 10 times already.

So I gather that you're the fucking Asuka dollposter, because this "theory" so to speak about Asuka being controlled by NERV has never been found outside of your posts and for a good reason, it's because it's shit.
Nothing indicates at any moemnt that SEELE and NERV have anything to do with Asuka's life beyond the death and insanity of her mother and choosing her as a pilot.

Anyway, I don't think that being controlled by a semi-omnipotent secret organisation counts as "easily manipulated". So there's also that to tell you to fuck off about.

So now, you'll keep autstically arguing that they in fact controlled every step she made since her brith, and I will leave this fucking thread before it turns into even more of a mess than it already is.

Asuka hates everyone, herself the most.

She rejected him at the end because even though he wanted her, he would have been fine with anyone.

>tfw asuka will never stomp on your balls accompanied by intermittent rough kisses
why live

>She rejected him at the end because even though he wanted her, he would have been fine with anyone.

That's not what happened, goof.

I don't think she rejected him at the end. I think the disgusting remark was general remark that applied to the situation as a whole.

LCL smells like blood, so maybe it lubricates like blood too

that remark was because she knew Shinji beat off over her while she was in a coma

Yeah, the "do you love me" video

I mean right before Instrumentality when he's about to strangle her

>Shinji:
>Asuka, help me! You're... you're the only one that can!

>Asuka:
>Liar...
>(Shinji cringes)
>To you, anybody will do!
>(Asuka gets up from table and backs Shinji up against the wall)
>You're afraid of Misato and the First... and of your mother and father, too!

>Shinji: Asuka...

>Asuka(cont'd):
>You're only using me as an escape - because that's the easiest way not to get hurt!

Also

>Shinji:
>Asuka, help me!

>Asuka:
>Because that's the easiest way not to get hurt!

>Shinji (desperately):
>Please, help me!

>Asuka (angrily):
>You've never really liked anyone!

>(Asuka shoves Shinji, who crumples to the floor, taking the coffee pot with him)

>Asuka (angrily):
>You're all you have! But you've never even learned to like yourself!!
>(staring disdainfully down at Shinji lying helplessly amidst the spilt coffee)
>How pathetic...

The best way to explain away a writing hole like this is dramatic fate: Kaworu will always get duped and die for he is the first and last Angel.

It's foretold in the scenario, and such.

kek.

And that's when Asuka fell in love with Touji

>bonkai77 instead of Sephirotic

thanks for putting the name of the release, I was looking for a filtered one, curious to see what it looks like in motion.
But is that the 8,44GB one ?

That isn't what happened 'at the end'. We all know it happened, but things happened since.

WHAT the fuck was her problem?

>implying this is the face she makes when a pleasant benis appears in front of her

>Shinji
>penis
lol

She was freaking out at how small and deformed it was

She's never seen a dick before, unless it was in a college textbook.

What I love about that scene is how it frames the exact moment avoidant self-loathing turns into murderous rage.

Shinji's at his lowest and most pathetic as he's cornered by his own faults laid bare, in his own head. Then he just snaps. He lumbers forward like berserk EVA-01and chokes out the Asuka in his head, lashing out against his negative (but also truthful) inner voice. It's just pure, fuck you instinct.

EoE is just such a well directed movie it hurts.

The English dub ad-lib Tiffany Grant does about Shinji's dick is so great.
>"I DIDN'T MEAN GET THAT UP! OH GOD LOOK AT THAT VEIN! Is it always that small?"

>in his own head

Just to be clear, none of that scene was imagined. He was speaking to dead people's souls. Misato was there too, trapped in a memory of sex with Kaji. Shinji had no idea about that.

Hiro Blanco Completado

The filter makes everything so articificial, the backgrounds suffer a lot from it.
The right pic looks like it's been entirely done on photoshop, when it's really a beautifully hand painted shot.
Still, the filtered version is worth giving a look after several rewatches just to understand that film grain isn't actually that bad and that filtering it removes all depth to the drawings.
Also digital coloring sucks but it's another story.

You people are too invested in this show. Let it go.

Yeah, but "Shinji chokes the echoes of his dead tsundere not-girlfriend in a liminal state of existence" is a bitch to say and write.

>He doesn't physically and intellectually masturbate to his waifu

Apply yourself.

When you consider what happens right as he chokes her, and the contents of EYED, it's clear that he's not really killing her in the conventional sense. She's already dead. The only thing left for him to do as revenge is to deprive her of her individuality. Thus, global instrumentality.

>You can sail the seven seas and find
>Love is a place you'll never see
>Passing you like a summer breeze
>You feel life has no other reason to be
>You can wait a million years and find
>That heavens too far away from you
>Love's just a thing others do
>What is love
>Til it comes home to you
>Did she promise you the world and did that
>Girl just throw your love away
>Leave you like a lonely solitaire
>With just despair for company
>>>>Do you think you'd find revenge so sweet
>>>>Make it so you hearts will never beat
>>>>Squeeze the very last and dying breath from
>>>>Everything you've ever dreamed

I thought this was just some rando vector you'd find off deviant art. Looks like someone actually did a full release with this filter. Hurts the heart.

Eat my ass, sh"oumyrubbernen" retard.

Yeah, I don't understand people who mangle it to erase film grain.
I like the film grain, it gives motion to Eva's many static shots.

>430 replies
>70 IPs

EVA threads are something else

Why is Shinji's hand so dark in that scene?

Doesn't look darker than usual.

Its cute because they had to get literally everyone else killed first.

Is that shit ever coming out? I even forgot when 3.0 was released and i think 2.0 was released a fucking decade ago.

>fucking up a storm on screen

>because shitskin banging german girl rapefugees amirite haha ?
Unironically because of the specific color filtering used in One More Final

It really when into full production after Shin Gojira released last year from what I can tell. Probably next year. Maybe this one.

>People discussing Eva! Waaaaa. Anyone else like [SEASONAL ANIME] !
Alright then

Reminder

I'm not convinced that this actually exists. Where can I see it?

man, watching episode 8, shinji wearing Asuka's clothes was gay as fuck.

>shinji was gay as fuck.
ftfy

See for a full English script of it

see

When Shinji imagined himself back into existence, he forgot his own skin color.

>obligatory "y ppl talk aboot best anime 20 yrs latre" post
patrician threads, there's nothing really good airing these days anyway

There are timelines where that's canon.

>people having discussions instead of memesprouting
>bad

I haven't seen a new anime in like 7 years. I don't know why I am still here.

Kaworu does complement Shinji, but they are also dysfunctional because of the large life-and-death circumstances. It turns Shinji destructive and Kaworu self-destructive.

Shinji (and Asuka) are needy as fuck, and self-centered. That's why they'll never be together under any circumstances and why Anno and staff laugh at the sole idea of them as couple "they'll make each other miserable." "every day is rain." Both Shinji and Asuka want someone to love them and validate them because of their abandonment issues. That's why they clash because they are demanding the same kind of thing but neither want to dish it out.

Kaworu is kind of the opposite, he's someone who needs to offer love and support to validate his own self-worth and existence. He's utterly selfless in this sense, but not in a healthy way because Shinji's really selfish. Now in a less shitty world, this would make him a match for him (or Asuka) because he can provide the validation they crave and open affection and he'll get what he wants with his nurturing side appeased, but Eva doesn't make that pan out because bad endings are necessary.

because as bad as Cred Forums has become, aside from infinite edge, there's really nowhere to go to discuss and shitpost about the good ones

Kaworu is not even human, he can never be compatible with one.

Kaworu is realistic though, he's typical child with crippling depression who only sees his worth in helping and loving others, that kindness is a reflection of his lack of self-esteem. And don't give me that shit that he "isn't real" when Anno said all characters are part of himself and realistic except for Mari, because I identified myself with Kaworu as a teen over Shinji. I also had this urge to look after other to the point of self-harm and be their crutch.

Brainlet here. Why did she stroke his face and not slap him or something?

Because she finally tries to be nice to Shinji for him to understand her. He would have probably kept on choking her if she tried to hit him. Then realized what he'd done and killed himself.

Brainlet here. Why does Asuka stroke his face and not slap him at the end.

Old Eva lore? All angels and humans are the same shit. Did you feel asleep in this revelation or weren't you aware of the Complete Files? In lore, Kaworu's just the only true "female" (procreator/seed) of the species in general along with Rei as Lilith. The humans and angels are like drones in a way, the impact was just earth-shaking sex.

New Eva lore? Shinji and Kaworu are the same species. If you take into account Anima hints, Shinji is just a piece of Kaworu's soul.

>people actually like shinji

the fuck!???

Only retarded shitposters hate Shinji. Everyone who likes and understands eva has to empathize with him to some degree.

No one knows for sure, but check out these images for some ideas:
I think that entire scene was a partly nonverbal conversation between people who have just finished mind-diving one another and can implicitly understand one another without words. So, there is probably a lot more meaning in everything they do than we might think at first glance.

It seems to me like Asuka's actions are a sort of "You're disgusting, but I still love you" kind of thing.

>All angels and humans are the same shit.
In no piece of Evangelion lore is this even REMOTELY close to being true.

they are essentially the same character. they want someone to look at them.

REMINDER X2

Oh so you don't know the lore. Angels are humans are just the resurrect inhabitants of the same planet who were disembodied and stored in the moons to be carried by their 7 chosen leaders who got a godhood power, the seeds of life, to have them recreated in some way in assigned planets.

But Lilith crashed accidentally on Adam's planet and birthed them wrong. Adam was later raped in her sleep by Misato's dad and co and birthed wrong hers too. All is a clusterfuck, but on base, it's the same shit.

In EoE, both Lilith and Adam (referred by ANNO as their hybrid) are meant to birth the souls together. you can't even say Shinji (who was like the 'father' of all this considering he and Yui became one with the hybrid) or Asuka are "humans" anymore. Misato's cross is rusted and they do not age.

>sympathizing with a gary stu

fucking hell, m8, nobody with more than a testicle would do that

consolevsPC.jpg

What did you all think of the manga?

>gary stu
Back to tumblr snowflake

you mean PCvsConsoles.jpg
compare both in fullscreen you'll see why

You completely missed Eva point. It had manchildren (Gendo+Seele) who are unable to get over their issues making children battle each other to death to dispose of the survivors. Angels were nothing but kids who were looking for their mom, feeling abandoned, lashing out, confused, trying to understand others or just scared. Angels just have this ability that they can shape their bodies as a projection of their AT Field. They have those shapes as part of their power, but you can see them all as children trying to mirror Asuka, Rei or Shinji for a reason.

After they were all sacrificed, Seele moved to kill the pilots. There's a strong theme of adult fear.

>Angels are humans are just the resurrect inhabitants of the same planet who were disembodied and stored in the moons to be carried by their 7 chosen leaders who got a godhood power,

This is literally jibberish. You are making up bullshit.
wiki.evageeks.org/Classified_Information_(Translation)

Here is the origin story of Evangelion. There are two seeds of life. Lilith and Adam. They were sent by an alien race to populate worlds. They accidentally landed on the same world.

Lilith-based life have 'the fruit of wisdom', Adam-based life have "the fruit of life."

Lilith and Adam-based life share a lot of DNA, like 99%, but are completely, utterly different life forms anyway. Kaworu will never be able to understand a human in any appreciable way. He is an alien god.

tumblr loves shinji.

It mis-delivered frequently. Sadamato seems like kind of a dumbass.

It's alright but I'm not a fan of most of the added backstories and the differences in storylines.
I find that most of them aren't that good, and most of all they tend to stray quite a lot from the show's story, often not in a good way, offering less well written plots and dialogues than the master's version.
The relationships seem way more vivid and interesting in the show, overall better written.
Still, it's alright, and I'd rather read that than a copypasta of the show anyway.
The art has its moments, the writing, even when less good than the show manages to still be good and offer some quite beautiful scenes anyhow, it's definitely worth a read for anyone who enjoyed NGE.
But it's not as impactful as the anime really, it's more easily forgotten.

you seem quite familiar with the place indeed

>you will never make a mysterious glasses pose at your perfectly lit desk and give orders to your hot slut subordinates while your cute daughter-wife clone gives you head
Where did my life go wrong?

I wanna brush Asuka's bangs out of her face and kiss her excessively much