Anyone seen this one yet?

Anyone seen this one yet?
Is it terrible shite like all the other live action movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r37ARGRJC-k
youtube.com/watch?v=qUXVOfdGE4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've seen the trailer and it's enough for me. It looks like a theatrical performance, everything looks so artificial it's unreal.

One of the few times where a majority of the characters are ACTUALLY white, and they make a Japanese film. Both this and SnK have Japanese made films, yet America decides to try and make GitS, and Dragonball instead...

>cheap cgi
>cheap costumes

Why do nips even try to live adaptations? At least with western adaptations you get some decent eye candy while they do an equally shit job of trying to cram 100 chapters of story into 2 hours as the nips do.

>cheap this cheap that
You answered it yourself, otaku eat it up based on IP

Japanese filmmakers simply don't have the kind of resources Hollywood has.

It's almost like suits are actually incompetent and horribly out of touch with the real world. But it can't be, right?

Why can't they release an anime movie instead?

There's GANTZ: O. One hundred percent CGI animated movie and it's pretty decent to boot. It's an adaptation of the Osaka mission.

Guess what. Neither does Hong Kong, yet the CGI they use in films is light years better.

Hong Kong still has more resources than Japanese filmmakers. And by resources, I don't mean only money. I'm also talking about time and people.

This looks so weird. I'd rather have real actors or CG animation that isn't imitating people.

I'd give it a chance; I liked it, personally.

The live action GANTZ movies were okay, but they deviated pretty far from the manga considering the manga was still ongoing by the time the movies ended their story.

>time and people
Yeah, for a territory of 7 million. Can you explain this? Bilocation and time travel?

Japanese just don't like films. Whereas HK absolutely loves their films, especially their action films. Really, just watch Donnie Yen or Jackie Chan talk about their experiences working in different countries on Youtube (both have worked in HK, Hollywood, and a bit in Japan). HK filmmakers will give them nearly unlimited time and money to produce a good film. Hollywood churns out CGI and special effects because they have the technology and people for it. Japanese have neither, I guess due to cultural differences.

youtube.com/watch?v=r37ARGRJC-k

>terrible shite like all the other live action movies
The Rurouni Kenshin movies were decent.

>Is it terrible shite like all the other live action movies?
Obviously, you dumb.

>Japanese just don't like films.
You mean they don't like Japanese films, since Hollywood productions and animations (including anime) have the most viewers?
Anyway, I can't stand the new Japanese 'acting' (or the lack of it) - it's either cringy or completely lacklustre. Weird, since I've never had this problem with old black&white Jap films (mind you, I only watched classics by big name directors, so my perspective is skewed). I wonder whether the audience in Japan have the same issue?

>Really, just watch Donnie Yen or Jackie Chan talk about their experiences working in different countries on Youtube (both have worked in HK, Hollywood, and a bit in Japan).
Can you link some videos? I so lazy.

They had Japanese people playing Japanese characters. FMA was doomed from the get-go.

>You mean they don't like Japanese films,
Right. So Japanese filmmakers don't even try. Which causes Japanese to not like Japanese films, which causes Japanese filmmakers to try even less. You get the idea.

>Can you link some videos? I so lazy.
It's not like I save them. Just go searching on Youtube.

Those movies were basically just samurai movies, which are the only action movies Japan knows how to make. They can't do any other kind of action.

Two of them were.

>You get the idea.
Is there a way to break the cycle?

>It's not like I save them. Just go searching on Youtube
What terms should I search for? I'm really lazy.

Reminds me of that Final Fantasy :Spirits Within. (that came out foreverrrr ago too )

Spirits Within didn't look nearly as good as you remember it.

I last watched it about 5 years ago, so you are probably right.

I don't know, maybe they are just selective with what they show in the trailer but it looks pretty good .

youtube.com/watch?v=qUXVOfdGE4o

The story is basically just the Tucker arc but the acting is really damn bad and the effects look awful. Don't bother.

>mfw watching the first one years ago when it released not knowing they made two more

I had no idea until years later,they replaced the kid who played yahiko for some reason