Bullshit controller due to "media" specs that no one ever wanted

>bullshit controller due to "media" specs that no one ever wanted
>redesigned touch pad to see light bar for "intuitive gameplay" instead of just removing those 2 useless assets
What the actual fuck?

nice

>Artists should only create what the masses ask for

If they want my money then yeah

Are you implying the PS4 is not selling well?

>Thinking they need one whiny cunts money when the PS4 literally has a monopoly of the conosle market.

>controllers are art

>artists

I wouldn't say monopoly

Anything created by man is art by definition

So they would have the monopoly if they remove the lightbar?

I like the touchpad, but seriously fuck that share button

#justsonyggerproblems

Except that's what's Sony doing, pandering to the plebs. That's why they're the most selling

Is the light from the back of the controller removed? The controllers might have longer battery life if they did that.

Still, putting that shit at the front is retarded as fuck.

And anything you intend to sell to a mass market has to cater to the costumer

An off button for the fucking light bar would be just what is needed.
But no, gotta keep the glowing shit nobody use.

Every fucking time I have an itch on my face.

>literally has a monopoly
Except they don't, do you even know what a monopoly is?

The PS4 is selling well but the software sales are abysmal. That was a problem on the Wii and it ended biting Nintendo in the ass.

They would have a monopoly if you stopped sucking so much dick but we both know you won't do that

> the PS4 literally has a monopoly of the conosle market
Come on man, I'm a sonygger and I'm not this delusional.
>he thinks artists design controllers
topkek

I just took a shit, it was split up in to three individual pieces, two seem to have a rugged-stone like texture, the other piece (the middle one) looks more smooth and I believe is less 'tough' as the other two.

Is this art?

False. You don't need to compromise your artistic integrity for the consumer.

sony can't into design at all

that is exactly what they and every company are fucking trying to do you mongloid.

If that was the case, a lot of third parties would just release their games for the PC to compensate for it.

>can now send inputs over USB to eliminate input lag from wireless
>the old DS4 does this if you plug it into a PC with USB

Why can't it do it with a PS4? Why can only the new one do it?

>more dumb-ass lights
>no paddle/underside buttons
how is this an upgrade

It's a board game right?

Nothing can be so goood that everyone likes it, there will be always people who dislike no matter how good is it to others

Is it literally just a light along the top of the touchpad?
That's hardly a new controller at all then.
Surely there must be some other improvements?

Source?

Light is still there
The light at the front is just a window
It shares the same light source as the light as the back

Oh great, now it has the same beaming fucking projector as the Xbone controller. Who the fuck thought a giant ass bright as fuck useless button is a good idea?

The lightbar is a brainwashing device, of course you can't turn it off

Hence why the industry is shit right now.

What artistic integrity is there in designing a fucking controller?

what is the point of the light

seriously, what is it, i don't do consoles anymore, what the hell can it possibly be good for and why would i care to see it if i was holding a controller

muh atmosphere

tou can t even see it most of the time because it s on the back of the ds4, it s fucking useless, how will the front light promote intuitive gameplay baffles me

It doesn't stop being art just because it isn't a painting.

That's not an answer.

well, you see, if you're hurt in the game, the light will turn red to remind you, because apparently on-screen UIs stopped existing at some point

Each player gets a colour, but nobody here has friends anyway so it's pointless.

The gimmick playroom app Sony made to work with the camera peripheral uses the front lightbar to find where the controller is.

Which is why Sony is insistent on keeping the giant light.

PSVR motion detection
also i read somewhere it can change color and act like an indicator of sorts (e.g. light is blue but turns red when an enemy is nearby)

The light is to be used with a camera for the PS4 that can use it to determine your position etc like the move controller.

But no one use the camera, so its completely useless.

>Each player gets a colour
Golly gee, now I'll finally be able to know that the controller I'm holding is in fact my controller. Thanks based Sony, greatness awaits!

According to Sony, it is.

>you know what people want?
>they probably fucking love the light bar right?
>you ARE right, what if you could see it through the touch pad?
>you are a fucking genius

thank you for clarification re: light, bros

it sounds useless and would just drain the battery

I've never once heard someone say that the light on their PS4 controller increases the "atmosphere." Probably because it doesn't.

It's just a shitty gimmick. For example:
In DMC4SE, the light changes depending on what character you're playing as.
In Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin, the light flashes blue and red when a group of enemies decides to attack you
In Infamous Second Son, the light changes depending on what power you have, I think, and also changes during the spray paint minigame

There's also a camera that it works with, but there are almost no games that use it.

At least the touchpad can act as one-two extra buttons.

Kek, I've never seen that in DMC4SE, shows how much it mattered

Some games have features in them matching your colour, I think Diablo is an example of it, the ring underneath your player is your colour.

why are you so rustled?

They just added a transparent strip on the touchpad so you can see the light. It's literally nothing.

I think that's exactly the reason of his rustlement

I thought it was for player indication
using colours instead of numbers

How about fixing the god damn triggers and analog stick rips?

exactly you fucking ingrate, its nothing, there are a milion other problems with ds4 yet they spend the time pandering and marketing bullshit

Thats reserved for the $300 PS4 pro+ elite controller.

#4THEPLAYERS

never ever

Just get Hori Fps Pro, triggers are replaced with buttons and overall feels like a better quality product.

>People acting like we didn't spend nearly 10 years with a light in front of their 360 controller

Is he talking about the Kinect or what I don't understand

The light ring around the 360 controller's home button, I guess.

>I don't mind being fucked in the ass
>I don't need a shit right now anyway

this is better. no need to thank me.

>Please Neo, be the hero we need.

Why are Sony fans the most overzealous retards of all time? What is it about the PlayStation brand that attracts such degeneracy?

Yeha if thats not the worst controller ever build im not sure what is, i rather play on wii U than that abomination.

D U K E
U
K
E

You mean what they are doing right now?
Only PS4 games not coming to PC are games under contract and (some) small japanese games that are too scared of the PC market because japan

That shit has been in the ps3 controller and the xbox 360 and the xbone controller as well.
There it's just a player 1/2/3/4 indicator instead of a colour.
It's literally better now.

Did they move the light bar there or are they still both there?

Sony would be closer to entertainers, not artists. An entertainer who doesn't entertain his audience won't last long.

It already can on PS4 too, when you use safe mode it's the only time it actually use USB.

But maybe there's some specific features (maybe relating to the audio/microphone) that only work via bluetooth and they don't want to let you use it with reduced usability even if it's something you don't care about.

Autism

just bought two

>touchpad
>useless
Nah, it functions as at least two extra buttons most of the time and it's great as a mousepad on PC

Something I'd like to know the answer to myself. Sony continues to fuck their userbase over time and time again yet they see them as a gallant hero of sorts. I guess Sony just knows how to manipulate the stupid.

it could technically function as 4-6 buttons for things like weapon switching instead of a "wheel" with analog

For minor things, I like games that use it for map navigation too, like you can use it to scroll the minimap

some games like RTS could technically use it to select units and similar, also many other kind of management/drag-drop and the like

shame no games really bother using it and always want to stick to standard controls

when it comes down to it, it's just a way to control a cursor and has many applications

The touchpad basically just replaced a select button and added one more button, and the mouse controls for the touchpad itself aren't all that great honestly. I tried using it a few times, but it just felt like shit.

I think he's talking about the 360 controllers and their control sticks?
Idk my 360 controllers were a bit shit and kinda fell apart, but I don't expect Nintendo level quality hardware from microsoft or sony.

This. The touchpad is fucking pointless
pretty much the only thing I bother with on ps4 now is Destiny and fucking touchpad moved the perfectly fine start button placement into that disgusting options button. That thing is so fucking more annoying to hit than a start button, also the touchpad feels shit to use and shouldn't be the replacement for a perfectly fine button.

nah

I held it in my hand in store and it felt like xbox 1 level of terrible.

And then they placed that miserable d-pad in the prime spot.

boy you sure showed him

>no delay anymore thanks to the controller using wireless for lag correction.
That's the only thing I want.
They better put an option to turn off that fucking light.

>adding a lightbar on top of the touchpad

Is it safe to say the lightbar is here to stay since it's pretty much part of the whole Playstation image and whatnot? the one in the back at least

I honestly can't think of a game that utilised it well, TLoU used it to display your health status, but that's about as far as it goes.

worst part is that you can't even put a tape over it since it'd interfere with the touchpad

if I ever get a new DS4 I'll likely open it to unplug it.

For my current, I put a tape and left only a very small hole so I can tell if the controller is charging fine with the yellow light.

My fucking ps4 controller left analog is messed up to help and back. Never lied it upside down before, never dropped it or hit it. But it gets 0 detection while holding it at 12 o clock, the other sides are fun but it gets buggies but managable in some games at 11 and 1 o clock

Is it salvagable, and have other anons here experienced this problem?

My left analog stick also committed seppuku some time ago, try opening it and see if a wire is disconnected or some shit, look up videos on yt.

Been playing madden 17 a lot on my ps4 lately and I keep fucking up punts and field goals because of the awful fucking face buttons and delay from the wireless controller.

Even the fucking n64 controller is better than the dualshock

It still baffling to me that you can't turn it off completely, I know the touchpad is the main source of battery drain, but it still pisses me off that I this light emitting from my controller that serves no practical purpose other than to annoy me.

>instead of just removing those 2 useless assets
>touchpad
>useless
>not thanks to which ds4 is worth owning

>>touchpad
>useless
>not thanks to which ds4 is worth owning
What did he mean by this?

>allowing you to see the light bar from above
so does that mean if im playing late at night the light bar is going to randomly blast my fucking face with light?

>artists

>redesign your shitty controller
>give it even more lights
You can't make this shit up.

Applefag detected

you guys are autistic as fuck

Did they change anything else? I would kill for a ps4 controller with the dpad of the vita.

who the fuck put the razer r&d team in charge of sonys NEW ds4.5?

Holy fuck so glad i kept my xboner controller

Did they fix the sticks?