H-hey guys, don't you think cycling through five styles and six weapons is a bit too complicated control wise...

>h-hey guys, don't you think cycling through five styles and six weapons is a bit too complicated control wise? is it possible to change things so you don't break your fingers?
>FUCKING CASUAL DMC IS SUPPOSED TO BE SUPER HARD YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR STYLE RETARDED CONTROLS IS A PART OF SKILL CEILING GO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

>h-hey guys, why Vergil is so overpowered in DMC4SE? he's just too strong and you can dodge or stay in the air forever without any effort
>WHO FUCKING CARES ONLY STYLE MATTERS DMC WAS NEVER ABOUT DIFFICULTY

Everyone deserves at least one. You can thank me later.

Bayonetta imo

Style and weapon switching isn't even hard you just click one button and you're there, Vergil is risk/reward the character you can fucked over easily if you don't properly manage your DT, I know you're a casual but come on, really?

If I can handle it no problem then any retard should also be able to handle it.

you are not just advocating the removal of difficulty. You are advocating for the removal of depth because there is no way to simplify the switching without fucking up the game's combat. If it was just about difficulty people wouldn't mind as much.

Cred Forums isn't one person.

Vergil IS too powerful.

Thank god this awful franchise is dead

Pretty good, OP.

DMC4 in general is really easy though, no idea why people are bitching about Virgil when Nero has the single most broken mechanic in the entire series

A clever reworking of the control scheme would bring many of Dante's abilities together into a single input set without necessitating the incessant switching of styles and weapons

Which is how we got Bayonetta.

Better movement inputs, too.

How's mapping most frequently used moves on shortcuts (like Shoot+Jump for Rainstorm) will affect depth? It'll only prevent stupid tedios shit of hitting d-pad for switching from current style to gunslinger, pressing style button, hitting style button again for next style (or even twice for darkslayer).

If you want Bayonetta go play Bayonetta this stupid idea of everything must have the same control scheme to be enjoyable is getting old, you constantly preach it like anyone gives a shit.

DMC doesn't need to be Bayo but it could learn a thing or two from its control scheme.

the first is a useless point
you can get through the game without mastering 10% of that
however, if anybody wants to transcend humanity, why stop them

now the second fucking part pisses me off too
Vergil, Lady and Trish were obviously designed for Legendary Dark Knight mode
I really hope Itsuno dials back the musou factor in DMC5

>h-hey guys
>h-hey
what a fucking pussy you are OP
man up

bayo's control scheme sucks and precisely what makes DMC great is that its moves are nearly all on demand seperate attacks instead of psuedo god of war shit

how you string things togeher and use attacks is on the player

>How's mapping most frequently used moves on shortcuts (like Shoot+Jump for Rainstorm) will affect depth?

Because if i'm jumping and shooting doesn't mean i want rainstorm all the time.

I mean at the same time, dumbass. You never push jump and shoot simultaneously.

the window for pressing them together would have to be really tight/game would need more input delay to not limit jc into shoot though

At least LDK mode plays like regular DMC.

Still better than cycling through weapons\styles just for one move.

>dmc4
>hard

it's a great game but not hard at all since i've beaten all difficulties with every character, except trish, fuck trish (literally), on a fucking keyboard since i don't have a controller and only dante can be difficult at the beginning until you put SM on E and TR on SHIFT.

Did anyone else find that Dante didn't really fit into DMC4's areas since they were all relatively open compared to previous games?

Maybe I'm just bad, but I had a much easier time in DMC3 since the zones were so small and you could pin most enemies to a corner.

to this day i have no idea why we hold controllers with the buttons face up

we should hold them face down if anything since we have more fingers on the opposite side!!

i mean thumbs only?? really? and whats with them being so small? they should promote a more natural, open-hand position.

mice suffer from the same problem. too small.

I do enjoy analog sticks though, one of the things controllers have over kb/m

personally i think i controller should be like a small handegg with analog sticks for your thumbs and buttons on both the face and opposing side.

The same is true of Bayo. The longest attack string you ever need to key in to get a specific hit out is 3 sequential presses (PKP) which is no longer than the same requirements in DMC (YY•Y)

Bayo just ALSO has longer attack strings for sustaining combo stunlocks so that all of the intermediary "MASH Y" stuff you do in between command moves doesn't just use the same attack patterns over and over. But those strings all end in Wicked Weaves that can be accessed via much briefer strings (P•P, P•K, K•K, PKP)

All the rest is accessible via inputs directly (lock+back+attack, back-forward-attack, forward-forward-attack, dodge+attack, jump+attack)

Not at all you're over complicating a simple input because you're afraid to press buttons

>tfw have to basically drop all vidya to learn how to TRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDGUNSLAYTRICKGUNSLAYROYTRICKGUNTRICKGUNROYTRICKSWORD

do you know how much skill would be required to use all 10 fingers and coordinate them properly, that is absolutely CRUUAZEYY

If you don't want to learn realtime style and weapon switching, don't? Just play with one weapon and style, perfectly viable and doable.

RT switching is for people who want to git gud. It's a little complex, but it feels amazing when you learn to use it.

Now fuck off with your bad ideas.

i respectfully disagree because adding more input delay (or even just selective input delay) is annoying and it would make it a lot harder to do jc stuff involving lift with E&I since you would have to drum between buttons claw style instead of being able to slide lest you accidentally get rainstorm

while the arm is massively OP it still is the most fun fighting style in the game.

>Being this casual

Cmon man, the game even has low difficulty settings for people like you and you still feel the need to complain?

the difference is that the majority of moves in bayo are in attack strings, the majority of dmc moves aren't.

That's what the trickster style is for, user. Stop spamming Stinger.

>I

>AM

>SILLYY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

also basically every attack string is predetermined...it becomes more a game of using the right string of attacks rather than the player stringing the moves together they want freely. look at how the game allows you to extend your current string even if you dodge for example. chains are a big deal in bayo

>DMC is hard

Play ninja gaiden

Nero is easy and fun.

Dante is amazing fun when you get the hang of him though.

>spam UT to win
Now that's hard!

it's a crutch

I felt like I was playing with training wheels on till I got handed control of Dante. It's fun to use and all, but it trivialises most encounters.

>spamming UT on doppelgänger
Top kek prepare to get fucked

Absolutely no one is pointing a gun at you and forcing you to play DMC like you're ComboMad, user. Just play the game in any way you want. Play on Easy. Use items. Spam stinger. Whatever, just enjoy the game. Why do you care if a handle of people online get all elitist on you about it? If they want to be mad for someone not being as skilled as them, let them. You don't need to embitter yourself over a video game.

t. Someone who can't even jump cancel.

The majority of the attack ANIMATIONS, yes, but not the majority of moves with useful properties, which are all finishers or command specials.

Among those, there's
>knockback WW
PKP
>stomp knockdown
Back-forward kick
>stun
Back-forward punch
>rising juggle
Lock-back-kick
Dodge+punch
>grounded launch
Lock-back-punch
>air combo extender
jump+kick
>air combo grounder
Forward+lick
>gap closer
Forward forward punch
Double-tap lock on

More or less every Wicked Weave that exists at the end of a combo string just recycles one of these effects. You CAN dial-navigate for expediency using dodge offset but it's not really necessary. It's just there to keep the damage output between special techniques from recycling the same three slash animations like you see in every DMC style video. With the exception of 5HP damage differences between punches and kicks, basically every intermediary attack's only function is to stun an enemy temporarily.

dude, what. if you do long ass strings of basic attacks then the finishing weaves do way more than the moves you're listing. obviously bayonetta has potential for more interesting combo stuff but it's pretty disingenous to act like the game is not biased towards using attack strings.

>one weapon per button
fuck off, you just want a button masher, you complete pleb.

Felt so good to learn how to jump cancel, it's not that hard. I was playing DMC4 on SoS with Dante, whom I usually suck with, and I just tried shotgun jump canceling those Fausts and (Mephistos?) to strip their cloak really fast. It's really easy, if you want just try spamming jump while your character's hitbox is touching theirs, it works on bosses too so you can stay in the air a long time.

A lot of combos and things like switching styles mid combo and stuff like that seem really intimidating but you might take to them easier than you thought if you just try them. I never expected myself to be able to Dodge Offset in Bayo but once I tried it I was way better at it than I anticipated and it's easier than ever to do absolutely any combo string I want in DO.

BAYONETTA IS A BUTTON MASHER NOW

Pretty sure Ninja Gaiden is shit too, all you gotta do is spam UT or whatever it's called. Also it's come to my attention DMC is garbage, too, all the enemies are just punching bags that take 6 minutes of SSS styling to kill so you can make combo videos on youtube.

Everything was shit all along :[

I've still never been able to properly use Royal Guard, but I managed to learn to switch the other styles and weapons pretty well. It's an amazing feeling when you get the hang of it, teleporting all over the place and dishing out Smokin' Sick Style combos.

>all you gotta do is spam UT or whatever it's called
>playing Black like this
Ha, yeah right. The charging gets interrupted when you git hit once, it doesn't matter what hits you, it just stops.

It was sarcasm dude, and I'm about to start NGB here this weekend, do you have any good tips for a NG beginner

reminder all DMC fans are bisexual or gay

>charging gets interrupted when you git hit once
Don't act like you have no idea about essence charging and chaining UTs.

Actually I'm pretty sure from a pure DPS perspective the best attack string is hands down PKP.

Actually in Bayo 2 it's just PK since holding through the bullet charge modifier does more damage than the weave even does

piano players seem to have an alright time with using all ten fingers, and they put gamers to shame with their dexterity, speed, precision, AND timing.

it might even make gaming a respectable skillbased hobby, rather than fighting with devs oversights.

Use the counter.
You use it by blocking and pressing the attack button just when the enemy hits you. You then have a chance to stab him on the ground by pressing the 'Strong Attack' button, which gives a lot of damage. (I didn't play NGS and not NGB, but the combat and mechanics is mostly the same.)
That's it from me, though, since I'm not that good at the game myself. Still, I hope you have fun, dude. It's a kickass game.

Still, spamming UT in the first game isn't really that easy as others make it out to be. It's also not very to play it like that.

First game is easy as fuck anyway.

It's also better balanced compared to 2

I guess.
I only play on the harder difficulties, so it's still fun and challenging enough to meake me entertaining.

*keep me entertained
im sleepy as fuck man

uh thats only if the enemy isn't going to get knocked back by your pkp? besides, you're twisting the meaning of what I'm saying. The point is that you get comparatively less for doing the immediate on demand moves in bayo than you do in dmc, and that basically all attack strings are already predetermined, especially if as by your own words, most of the p and ks are superfluous? how about the moves you're describing just get better when you have a good combo chain going, (oh wait dmc3 already did that...)

PKP is just easy, but it doesn't have the best damage. Doing something like Shuraba+Kilgore PPPPK is some of the best DPS, Shuraba has strong WWs anyway, and its PKP does a wide area, but it specifically does less damage on the weave because the combo itself was shorter. The longer the combo is the stronger the wicked weaves' damage are, it's explained in the game but it's easy to miss, at least that's how it works in Bayo 1.

If the enemy gets knocked back you can double-lock up to it or cancel the knockback with a back-forward K or a dodge+P.

Honestly, dialing the long combos is NOT better for killing enemies quickly. Seriously, watch a speedrunner, PKP is their bread and butter specifically because it kills enemies quicker than any other, longer string. Even if the WWs at the ends of longer strings have slight damage buffs it's not enough to matter, especially since it takes longer to get there.

The reason the dial-a-combo stuff is there is so if/when a player mashes buttons they will be treated to a visual display that isn't always the same. Dialing to the end is rarely actually a good strategy for high level play. This is true of most of what Platinum does; the combo string navigation system is an entry level system for players who aren't playing the game with the sort of dexterity needed to utilize fifteen different command special attacks. Much in the same way a game like Street Fighter puts more basic punches and kicks on any given player than most high-skill players would ever actually use strategically in a competitive setting.

Okay I'll bite.

The reason for Dante having so many weapons/styles is to maximize his versatility and combo potential. Streamlining his controls would mean sacrificing many of his amazing moves. Look at DmC Dante to know what I'm talking about. However, there's no reason to learn all of these combinations if you don't want to. Stick to the feel that suits you and let her rip.

If you feel as though Vergil is overpowered then turn up the difficulty. Getting a good rank on SOS or DMD is easier said than done no matter which character you use. The series has never been about just completing a level or mission. Sure you need to kill demons.. but you must also look "cool" while doing so. That's always been the core philosophy behind Devil May Cry and the template it provides for you to do so is unmatched by any other game. Don't like it? Then it definitely isn't for you.

The Kilgore exploit is an out-and-out bug, though. I mean, yes, it's the fastest and easiest way to cheese through the game, but it's not really fair to treat it as a "technique", it's an oversight. There's no balance to placing such a broken WW on that specific string, it's just that the animation which happens to trigger the projectile-spawning glitch happens to be placed at the end of that string

Plenty of people dial a PPKP or a PPPKKK, or a PPKP through a Dodge Offset and Panther Within, it's DEFINITELY not people simply spamming PKP to Pure Plat every verse. You DO use almost exclusively PKP on several specific Alfheims though.

I'm not talking about the kilgore glitch

Fucking casuals