ITT: Vidya moments that hit you hard

ITT: Vidya moments that hit you hard

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XDX4ZwUeOok
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So how did the son die anyways? Was it Majora who killed him on the way, and then simply put his 'Soul' or whatever onto you?

Ive beaten Majoras Mask too many times as a kid, but never paid too much attention to 'lore' or story.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=XDX4ZwUeOok

>there will never be a Zelda song such a masterpiece as Song of Healing

Just

majora used his soul to turn you into a deku scrub

Every mask that lets you turn into another race comes from a member of that race that was murdered by Majora either directly or indirectly.

Is there a reason the Butler only says "You remind me of my son.." but all the other Masks will fool the other Deku/Zoras/Gorons just fine?

He can tell Link is a wanderer from another world, like how his son used to go out of Termina.

The butler sees the resemblance of his son in deku link because when you put on the mask you are emulating him. gorons recognize you as darmani when you wear the goron mask. people also recognize you as mikau in zora form

his death

Yes, but the Gorons and Zoras are fooled completely, they think you ARE Darmani/Mikau

But the Butler seems to be the only one who knows you are a different person, but still hints at how you look like his son

He probably knows the task of infiltrating Woodfall to save the princess was beyond his son.

why has no game ever been as good as OOT

Doesn't the zora chick know your not Mikau.

Wasnt it just because you wouldnt speak, or Tatl following you though?

I really don't remember all that much, can anyone confirm?

my b i misinterpreted your question

The butler says that even if you're Link. I agree that it probably intended exclusively for the Deku form, but it's ambiguous enough to not be certain. Moreover, like you're saying, if not, the Butler would have been fooled too.

The Butler probably has just been around the block more than once and knows about soul-trapping masks.

I think that's what make the butter special. He is by far the most wise deku. He knows that his son is gone. He don't understand why, but when he sees you as a deku, he sees a resemblance of his son, but he knows that its not him.

>Majora's Mask is still the best Zelda

It must suck to know that everything you do will be worse than that one glorious thing

The original scene in FF7 was way better.

No it wasn't.

>implying BotW doesn't BTHO MM

How does it feel to wade through the river of denial senpai-san?

*one of the best

I think it's more tragic that john couldn't prevent his son from following his footsteps. All that work and the son still becomes an outlaw

>work ya damn nag

>I didn't play Crisis Core and don't know what I'm talking about

animelord faggots, both of you

Majora's Mask is by far the series pinnacle in terms of atmosphere and storytelling. The series may be trying to be more ambitious gameplay wise, but they haven't come near the ambition of the storytelling present in that game.

I don't particularly care for Zelda in general, but I like MM for that reason. That's why I'm one of those faggots who calls MM his favourite.

It's just a very odd game. It's a bizarre Zelda game, but it's an odd game in general, Termina feels fucking wonderfully "off tempo" by just enough to be subtle but noticeable. It's hard to place but Majora's Mask to this day still feels like it's withholding secrets from me or it knows something I don't

I realize that sounds gay as fuck but that game is mesmerizing.

>tfw I played CC first
I wasn't ready for this

This was perhaps the only good part of that turd.

Crisis core was the most cringe inducing pile of shit out of all the final fantasy games.
WHAT DO ANGELS DREAM OF?!

Story was pretty shit, but Zac was a cool enough guy to carry the game for me.

>tfw Deku Butler didn't make the playable Hyrule Warriors cut

Goron, Zora, but no Deku.
Shit, when was the last time a deku was relevant?

Majora's Mask was literally the last time, I don't think they've even BEEN in any of the 3D games since.

They totally could release a whole other 'DLC' on top of Majoras Mask.

What if one day you hopped onto your 3DS/Wii/Whatever and saw a new character sitting in the Termina, or a new shopkeeper? Would you NOT shit your pants?

They could totally release more Map Areas and Caves and shit, but as old as the game is might be redundant.

I don't think that's even possible

I tried to but the gameplay is so garbage that I dropped it halfway in.