Why the fuck don't you have a gtx 1080 yet Cred Forums?

why the fuck don't you have a gtx 1080 yet Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tNGi06cq_pQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Waiting for something worthwhile to spend money on, like a card that will handle 144fps/1440p consistently

Might hold out till that 1080ti

Soon....

Just because I have a job doesn't mean I have money.

Name 20 games worth getting a 1080 for.

because I bought a 980ti earlier this year

Because i can't afford even 1060.

Same. I am not going to a 1080 from a 980Ti.

I do

Because I have a 980 Ti and there is no reason for me to upgrade.

There's no games that require strong cards that are also worth playing

only correct answer

IM JUST A POOR BOY

I'm waiting for the 1180

Because I'm trying to save money to hike the appalachian trail.

NOBODY LOVES ME

My gtx 980 is doing just fine

Is a 1070 a decent middle ground? I need to upgrade but I'm not exactly made of money yo.

>buying $600 GPU when there are no games to utilize its power out or in development
>only shitty "competitive" multiplayer games support framerates over 60
>no decent games that utilize DX12
For what reason?

I'd rather spend the money on a Ti version.
The only game before that comes out doesn't have benchmarks yet, a 1080 is probably overkill.

I live in the appy mountains and let me tell you, friend, you're in for a good time. It's beautiful.

im poor

I think so. You won't get 4k@60fps at any rate, so there's no real issue with getting the 1070 or the 980Ti and be happy with it.

I NEED NO SYMPATHY

my 970 is fine and I only play GW2 anyways

>tfw poorfag
A-at least it runs MGSV 50-60 fps?

It's probably because op has a tiny dick

that's not a CPU, that's how BBoys rock it.

I got a 1060.
Since the only games I use my PC for are Resident Evil 4, And Overwatch (and possibly Civ V if it's good, just bought it on the summer steam sale, haven't tried it out yet), I don't really need a 1070 or higher

I know. I was there in February and did the approach trail and from Springer mountain to Neel's gap. Had to get off though because I got hemorrhoids.

Three forks is fucking amazing.

I hope AMD makes a descent 1070 competitor so that the prices can finally drop. But in all honestly its a bit too overpriced for what it is

because i'm not a fucking retard, user

The rumored specs on the 1080Ti already puts it real close against the Pascal Titan. I find the idea of dropping down to GDDR5 to be a damn cheap cop-out if Nvidia pulls that shit though.

Dogbro got attacked by a pitbull and I had to pay a couple of pretty expensive vet bills from my "new rig" money. Sucks, but pet > tech. I'll upgrade during the price drop after X-mas.

Also before you ask, yes, I'm suing the owner, but he's a fucking poor sandnigger, so I'll probably won't get a lot.

I have a 1060 and it's fine

because I upgraded at the beginning of last year. this computer has reached the furthest it will go as far as I'm concerned. the lg1155 cpu pin type is no longer used, so if I upgrade, it's going to be a cpu, and if I upgrade the cpu, I'll upgrade the motherboard and case as well, and at that point, it may as well be a whole new build, which I'm going to do late next year.

>dog gets attacked by another dog, natural selection
>I'M GONNA SUE HIM XD
I bet you're a fecking American.

No money buddy

Because I'm over video games and I don't need so much horse power to watch movies and shitpost.

I settled for a 1070 as I'm only doing 1440p 165hz

Why do we allow pitbulls to continue existing?

So you're waiting for a card available 5 years from now to play games today. Admirable of you to wait that long, I suppose.

You dog lost and is weak. I recommend finding a new dog. Like a Rottweiler.

Nice. I'm from Johnson City TN, and I regularly hike the range around us, very nice.
Hope your butt feels better, user and that you have a nice girl to lick it when it's sore.

I'll get a 1070 when they release the 1100s.

I feel the same way. I am hoping that AMD can deliver with Vega.
If Vega is as great a card as the GCN HD 7970 when it first came out, then things would get exciting once more.

Stop being retarded

Welcome to capitalism, commie.

>personal property of one man is responsible for the destruction of another's personal property

>fecking

>Pets are personal property

Germany, actually.

In most parks you are required to have your dog on a leash, which I did. Pitbulls owner didn't leash it and had no control over it. Attacked and mauled my dog and only stopped when I kicked it in the rips with full force.

The fact they cheapened out on GDDR5X is basically telling me wait till Volta and HBM2. Why did Pascal have to be such a letdown?

Mice falseflagging

It's kind of interesting that 1070 doesn't actually beat 980Ti in every way.

They are
Why are you acting retarded?

My butt has been better. But now I'm aware that I need to pack stuff packed with fiber and not just Korr's instant rice meals. I'll pack a couple of cans of sardines.

>GW2

Now this is how you troll.

... you are trolling right?

First German I've ever talked to that would frivolously sue someone over something as much as the natural world. Oh well. You're right, break the law you pay for it. I hope you get a good settlement. And I hope the polizei kill that sandnigger for invading your homeland.

They are in the eyes of the law. And also to shitty pet owners who buy full breed whatevers rather than saving from kill shelters.

The AMD 7000 cards were god tier. Ive had a 7850 that lasted me until this year. The 2 gigs of vram were starting to show their age so I picked up a gtx 980 for cheap. Its a real shame that amd isnt keeping up the pace like they did 4 years ago

because i just had to buy a new car
:'(

They are?

if you want to look like a faggot sure go ahead user, but dont assume everyone in the game wants to look like one

How is that frivolous? Why should Germanbro pay for his dog's vet fees because some durka asshole didn't keep his violent mut on a leash?

>backpeddling

Still happy with my gtx 780.

Because my 660 has been fine. I don't need to upgrade yet. Probably will next month.

>but dont assume everyone in the game wants to look like one

They're playing GW2 so it's a given they're faggots.

>being that ignorant

Look at the pic. How much could that have cost? 100€?

Yes, they absolutely are

>Buying a new car
If you're american just buy a crown victoria.

Don't really need one yet.

Have been playing console and handheld exclusives recently and been having tons of fun and I haven't really played anything on my PC after The Witcher 3, other than overwatch which doesn't really need much to max it out.

Why should I have to pay for anything at that point? Because it's dear to me, someone is providing a service that (a) doesn't come easily* and (b) I'm utilising. Life isn't fair, I know. In the ideal, the sand-dweller wouldn't even BE in Germany. But things happen.

>How is that frivolous
I call it frivolous because dogs naturally attack each other. Naturally. Leave two dogs in a vacuum and they will fight.

>violent mut
I agree, pitbulls should be put down. Disgusting specimen, filled to the brim with nasty backteria and a terrible attitude to go along with it.

I think that the real promise of GCN was only realized when Vulkan API and async compute come to being. Nvidia was unchallenged in DX11 after Kepler, and it's worrisome in that the momentum that Nvidia had gained throughout the DX11 era is putting AMD in a very bad spot in terms of total market penetration.

I wonder if Polaris RX 480 is enough to recover some lost ground.

Crysis 3
Watchdogs
Batman: Arkham Knight
Grand Theft Auto V
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Mortal Kombat X
Far Cry 4
Far Cry: Primal
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Dying Light
The Evil Within
Sleeping Dogs
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
BioShock Infinite
Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood
Doom
ARMA 2
ARMA 3
Thief
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Quantum Break
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Battlefield: Hardline
Mad Max
Just Cause 3

>Hate their pets enough to call them 'property'
Fucking burgerclaps.

I don't play GW2 myself but i'm pretty sure you can look like a faggot in any mmo game

Because I'm sitting on a 770 and don't feel the need to upgrade yet, at least until HBM cards come out.
I've lost interest in most AAA games and japanese ports run on a toaster anyway.

Last case scenario, my brother's got a new pc with a 1070 in it so I can use that

>750 euros

For the same price I can get a PS4Pro and like 20 games.

I am not an elitist fag and I actually enjoy games at 1080p

I play at 1440p 144hz with a 1080 and its great.
The latest AAA slop runs between 60-90 fps, and every other game I've tried runs between 120-144.

>it's one of these retards again
Graphics requirements don't just happen retard. The developer looks at what kind of hardware people have and choose what kind of graphical features to put into the game based on that.
I don't think even 1% of gamers actually have one of those 1440p@144hz monitors currently. Therefore, obviously, the dev doesn't have that in mind and sets the graphical bar higher.

TL;DR Just lower the settings retard. A 250$ GPU can "handle 144fps/1440p consistently"

What, you think they are a person? Kek

They're animals, you can own them

>tfw britbong
>tfw not many good rwd cars that arnt bmws
finally got a decent volvo tho
its not going to pass its mot fuuuuuuuuuck

Back to your cuck shed, Sven.

name 7 more

Because my 980 is doing pretty well as it is, the only problem is my FX-8320 bottlenecking it, gotta make the jump to intel

* I say this because there are somethings that you can *pay for* that really shouldn't be paid for. For example, putting a tire onto one's car, changing battery leads, paying for Xbox Live, et cetera.

I'm not backpeddling, I'm admitting that my point of view wouldn't hold in the real world.

There is no end game grind, because there is nothing worth grinding in Guild Wars 2. I'm waiting for the personal story to update, I'll play through it once, then drop it for a couple years until they either release season 4 or finally give us Cantha or Elona.

every game you listed can be ran on much weaker gpu than 1080 user
you're walking your dog and some random hobo comes and takes your dog, you can't do shit because it's not your property, is that how you imagine works?

Hello, friend

>want to buy a 1060 or 1070
>there are several brands of it
>zotac is incredibly cheap

Should i get it? The price difference is so big from the other cards like ASUS and EVGA

You only need a rwd car if you are going to driftu. There's nothing wrong with fwd.

And on the topic of cars
CVT > Anything else

>I call it frivolous because dogs naturally attack each other.

That's why you're supposed to keep them on a leash dumbass.

> Because it's dear to me, someone is providing a service that (a) doesn't come easily* and (b) I'm utilising. Life isn't fair, I know.

The point is that sandninger should be responsible for the damages, not the Germanbro who was following protocol.

I can run all those games with my 970 meme card.

Yeah I would. There's basically no difference in quality between the brands, Zotac is just chink shit.

You're kidding right?

>crysis 3
yes, finally, the 1080 is the first card that can handle a locked 60fps at very high on 1080p for Crysis.

>watchdogs
the game itself isn't worth owning. Aiden Pierce is a boring protagonist, the plot is madness, the setting is lifeless and finally the execution is pisspoor even after patches.

>Batman Arkham Knight
why own this when you later list
>Shadow of Mordor
?

>Call of Duty BO3 and AW
Why would you ever play these titles when you have real FPS on PC to play? Hell, get Counter Strike Global Offensives over eith erof these two. Or Rainbow Six: Siege. Come on man. The CoD games are fun UNTIL you get past BO1.

I agree. That's what it boils down to. The Sandnigger is completely liable for the damages incurred and should be sued to the point of being haram.

I have it. Still looking for a decent 1440@144 monitor without QC issues and backlight bleeding

>implying im not going to driftu

i do like fwd, and desu, its nice to just have a 2l engine

but i wanted to drift

also
>automatics
haha kys

That shit runs at constant 60 on single 960Ti. You don't need much power to render empty space.

>Not wanting superior acceleration without any performance loss

I'll see you at the finish line, turbonerd.

>black people naturally steal
>ergo its natural for them to take my stuff and not do anything about it
Ok man

Damn, your dog got fucked up. What can the vets realistically do to help that heal up?

The bone is showing, how strong is a dog's regeneration? I know a human can regenerate his entire hand if the bones and nerves are largely intact.

It's a fucking dog with a wounded leg. Tape and bandage it and done.

I know I know the mudslime should be killed because this is Cred Forums 2.0, but let's be real dogs fight. Shit happens. If someone steps on your food you don't sue them either.

>Crysis 3
shit
>Watchdogs
shit
>Batman: Arkham Knight
shit
>Grand Theft Auto V
runs fine on a 770
>Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
runs fine on a 770 and also shit
>Call of Duty: Black Ops III
runs fine on a 770 and also shit
>Assassin's Creed: Unity
shit
>Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
shit
>Dragon Age: Inquisition
lel
>The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Can run on a 970 just fine
>Mortal Kombat X
who cares
>Far Cry 4
shit
>Far Cry: Primal
shit
>Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
runs smooth on a 770 at 1080p
>Dying Light
>The Evil Within
shit
>Sleeping Dogs
runs fine on a toaster
>Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition
runs fine on a 970
>BioShock Infinite
runs fine on a 970 but also shit
>Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood
>Doom
shit
>ARMA 2
runs ok
>ARMA 3
Game's fault. Will lag on anything
>Thief
shit
>Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
apparently not even a 1080 is enough for all the meme effects
>Quantum Break
shit
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
shit
>Battlefield: Hardline
shit
>Mad Max
>Just Cause 3
shit

>BioShock Infinite

Opinion jettisoned

>natural world
>Dogs

Man has been messing with Canis Lupus' genetics for 20,000+ years.

>sandnigger rapes our women and children
>its only natural we shouldnt doanything about it
Ok

>There's no games that require strong cards that are also worth playing
>that are also worth playing
Can't you read?

Enough with your racism, buddy. I know you hate anyone who isn't an Aryan in phenotype and genotype, keep it at Cred Forums.

No. You're so fucking retarded.

i get 144fps in 1440p with a gtx760 with all the meme graphics turned off ; like bloom ; dof ; AO; light shafts ; "dynamic" shadows

nigger

Faggot

benq xl 27 inch 144hz has no problems and is sometimes on sale minus 400$

>le Cred Forums bogeyman

>ive never had a part in my life
Sorry man not even a guinea pig?

OH YAH gotta disable the ultimate meme console graphics setting ; FULL SCREEN MOTION BLUR;

Because I'm playing wow on a 970

It's not about bogeyman, it's about global rule 3, which extends from Cred Forums to Cred Forums. Enough with it. We can have a civil, flowing conversation about the dog [and the gtx 1080], or we can fling over niggers this dunecoons that. I prefer the former.

I've had a red eared slider, a painted turtle, a softshell, an alligator snapping turtle, 3 (three) cane corsos, and more. I paid for vet trips for all of them. In the incident that one got hurt by someone else's dog, I still paid for the trip. Why? Because they're my buddies. Sorry that you would rather siphon money from others. Keep it up, it's your perogative. I personally do not like it.

HEY OP do you really fall for the "max settings and enhanced with Nvidiaâ„¢ just Werksâ„¢ meme or are you retarded?

Tape and bandage it and done.

Because there is no way for an infection to set in, right?

>Garbage Opinions: The Post
Here's your one free (You).

> Arma 3 isn´t worth playing

> Rx480 red devil

Do you know what antibiotics are?

Because I don't want to play Mankind Divided at silky smooth 50 fps.

>Shit taste: the person

Have your (you) back, I don't want it.

I'm getting ready to finally move out of my parents house next month, and I'm keeping a tight budget on my spending so that I'm ready for any unexpected expenses that may or may crop up during the first few months of that transition.

I'll probably upgrade my GPU around tax season or something.

He was being sarcastic you mouthbreathing retard.

Good .gif, actually got a real life laugh out of me.

>buy i7 and 980ti
>play ss13 all day everyday

What happens if somebody stabs your foot?

And those cost money. Money which he should't have to pay for because some fuckhead didn't want to obey such a simple law.

>RGB box

Buying Nvidia GPUs is just like when Applefags buy iphones. You should never buy the iPhoneX as the iPhoneXS will come out 6 months later and do everything better. Same with Nvidia GPUs. It's not worth it unless it's the 980ti.

Can I take that (you) ?

oh lord...

Let me guess.

You play games at 1080p, with a small chance that you actually play at 1440p; and effectively not chance that you play at 4k.

You use a 60hz monitor, which means your screen can't even display beyond 60 fps, even if your game is telling that you're getting 90+ fps.

You blew, easily, 3x the amount of money for a gpu that can't even begin to spread it's legs in the dogshit, toaster rig of a prison where you plan to condemn it to a life of mediocrity.

How did I do?

People don't actually think that the dude whose dog got attacked isn't in the right, right?

My 1070 is already more than enough for me

I stopped reading here after the first 5. Apply yourself

I got a 980ti and the game that I've played recently on it is Neptunia. This is how it's like on my meme monitor.

they sell foil videocards now

Don't underestimate how retarded and detached from reality some people here are.

It's not about right or wrong -- legally he is clearly in the right -- it's about beliefs under ideals.

I'm poor and want to make the most of my 650ti

Also the gazillion of good lightweight games that have flooded the market this decade

Why are high-end GPUs so expensive btw?

I fell for the 970 and 144hz meme, it can't hit more than 60 on most 2016 AAAs

someone help

i'm gonna get a new graphics card whenever the next batch of cards comes out
but how long will my i7 4790k last me

Fuck I meant xx80ti

POO

What resolution you playing on? 1440p?
You need a 1080 if you want to Deus Ex at 1080p 144Hz

1080p

I thought I made a mistake when building the PC but now I know my hardware just sucks

IN

He's in the right its just such a white people thing to do.

Anyone here running 1440p on a 1060? I'm considering upping my aging LCD to a 27", but I'm a bit worried that my brand new 1060 won't keep up (it does 1080 fucking flawlessly though). And no fucking way am I replacing both...

>have r9 280 and fx-6300
>can run most shit at 60 fps

Only have problems with games like Cities and some strategy games but I think I can get a better CPU to help with that. Holding out until holiday season to see what I want to upgrade but there is no reason for me to buy a meme build that I saw on Cred Forums for 2k+ dollars to play a single game at 60+ fps.

I got a 1060 instead. Games wont be demanding much since VR and Consoles will be holding graphics back. I rather they fix clipping on games anyway.

Because the 1080ti will probably happen before the end of the year.

Thanks, I'll check it out

Because I don't really care about graphics. and 90% of what I play on my pc is just emulating.

THE

>how long will my i7 4790k last me
Probably for 5 years or more. Just look at the benchmarks and come to your own conclusion.

A 970 should do csgo at 1080p 144Hz.

pretty sure i did dude

>bought the exact one on the picture
>it burned two weeks in
I wasn't even playing anything, i literally had browser and steam open. What the fuck, evga?

I bought a 1070
When I insert it, it turn on for 4 seconds then turns off again. I get no image on screen whatsoever, not even when I plug the screen in the intern chipset.

Everything works fine when I do not have the 1070 inserted. Is it busted or is there another problem here?

1080p 60fps with RX 480

>last GPU gen flagship doesn't lose that much to a new gen middle tier card

yes very interesting indeed.... not!

Sandy Bridge 2700k here. no point to switch even now.

>tfw too poor to upgrade my gtx 760

Are we really supposed to define the 1070 as middle tier when the price is $100 more than the 970 meme card?

dont understand the gif at all. amd's the company that created the tech to allow computers to use all cores more efficiently. who spends time to make this stupid shit?

Not worth.
I'll just buy another, better budget card once the time comes.

I'm waiting for the next gen of CPUs to come out before I look into a rebuild. I think my hardware can hold me over until then. Its been way too fucking long since a decent jump in CPU shit has happened.

Also, unrelated question, what do people use for antivirus software? Malwarebytes?

I'm waiting for the next batch, those cards can barely run 4k, besides my 970 still manages to run all games pretty decently

I am saving money to buy a vacation on mauritius during christmas where I will propose my gf

It's already around 75 fps on modern games at 1080p
not worth it .

>buying a 1080

Why do people buy the top end nvidia cards when they come out with a better version of it shortly after and for cheaper?

My 970 runs everything pretty well at 1200p and upcoming PC exclusives (civ6 and dow3) were made for laptops

The only notable game I can think of it not being able to run well is DEMD

Also instead of upgrading your graphics card just turn down your shadows one setting that does the trick for most games

>1440p monitor in 2016
buddy that era has passed, it would be something if you got it 2-3 years ago but with a 1080 you should've bought a 4k

Yeah, I have an i7 2600k and upgrading my motherboard and processor for 350-400 euros to gain 15-20 fps isn't that appealing.

the price doesn't matter

960=1060
970=1070
980=1080

guess where the 1070 is? hint: middle

You still haven't sent me one yet.

Huh?

Does your psu have enough power?

nice
it was a great deal when i got it ($200) bucks
figured might as well go overboard on something considering i got a >970

i5 4690k

No card on the market right now can reliably do 4k at a decent refresh rate and maintain a good fps..

>buying into the 720p 2.0 meme

Because i'm not a fucking idiot spending hundreds on 1440 monitors that will be paperweights when the 1280 can handle 4k 60fps

I was happy with mine and wasnt going to upgrade at all but obduction blew it up. literally fried it. I'm not sure if I'm even going to fix it but if I do I'm probably going with the $200 480. I really cant justify paying any more than the minimum considering I dont like console games. shit I dont even want to spend that much. fuck obduction what did you do to my card!

Already got one and I'm currently using it to pretty much just play WoW on a 1080p monitor.

>tfw more money than sense

I need to upgrade my mobo just because my current mobo can't support DDR4. I just wish a good enough CPU came out I could justify replacing my 2500k and just do it all at once. Feel like kind of an ass getting a new mobo, new ram and a 6600k right now.

Because I am a poorfag

Good fucking luck having a card in the next 5 years can reliably handle handle 144hz 4k.

You don't even gain that much if you don't game 1080p. The gain at 1440p is under 10, with less frame drop obviously, but it's only in 1080p 144Hz scenario where we may need to consider moving to a newer platform.

The thought that an OC 980Ti is maybe only 20%ish slower than the 1080 doesn't appeal to me much.

because I just blew a good chunk of my free spending money I saved up to buy a 750 Ti, and that's a good years worth of saving.

Don't you need like 60inch monitor for 4k ?

Lolwut cvt's are trash

Don't need one because consoles have made graphics 10 years behind.

Poor dogo, once when I was 14 a shitty no breed dog attacked my Dalmatian when we where at the park and i picked the ever living shit out of it, his owner run screaming at me and I almost kick the ever living shit out of her too

no. you spend your money or normal things, not like people here

>huehue muh graphics

these are people with low self esteem who are living their dream by the number of their fps

Waiting for that Ti tbqh

Where do you get money to pay for those vet bills? From your job? Sorry man but that's still "siphoning" money from others for a service. You're being repaid for your time and skill. If someone damages your property, they pay reparations. That's how it's always worked throughout human history. We exchange money for all sorts of repayments

implying i don't own one since release.

No. Realtive pixel density has nothing to do with resolution.

forgot your meme arrow there
don't worry though
i got you bro!
>

Swapping this for a 1080ti when it drops or you are waiting till 1180?
And what display you driving with it?

you dont need it but thats what it was designed for. people using 4k on 28 inch monitors fell for the hype.

>144hz

Absolute meme. If you're playing games that need it in 2016 it's time to eyl

4K on 28" just means that you'd be sitting real up close, say about 1 foot. It is noticeable at around 2 feet at that size still.

Too bad 1080p 60fps is the golden standard and the only games you can match your gimmicky monitor with is shit RTS and indie games.

Not really. CS GO people demand their 144Hz.

Because I don't support companies who lie to and cheat their consumers.

I have got an X34 (3440x1440).
Don't really know when i will upgrade next but if the 1080ti is worth it i think that i will upgrade.
Can't really play all my games on ultra settings if i want 60fps and don't want to deal with SLI.

Still waiting on Vega, 1080s aren't worth the expense.

bullshit. on my 60 inch 4k tv I cant see the deifference at any distance. its a meme. btw they already have uhd and hdr out and I just bought this tv a couple months ago.

>tfw you fell for the 21:9 meme
It's amazing when it works, shame it only works with like 1-2 games I play

I play on u3415w. I am happy with 60fps so I am happy with 980Ti.

i have a 560 ti and i can just about run everything on it
am i being memed or am i really supposed to buy a 1080?

""""created""""

they implemented technologies there were invented by IBM into consumer level CPUs. amd didn't invite anything

What are you using display wise? You will need a 1080 if you are like

If you are playing anything not turn based its a great thing. Anyone saying it isn't are as dumb as people saying SSDs dont matter.

there is LITERALLY no reason to buy a 1080 right now

prove me wrong niggers

>"I don't see the difference"
Do you even have anything that's actually 4k to feed your TV with?

The joke is that AMD bet on moar cores but instead everything relies heavily on singlethreaded performance where they suck.

Spotted the pushover

>EVGA

Good tastes, comrade.

My 680 Flagship model is still kicking ass so no need to get that beast yet.

Maybe when the first price drop hits I can spend some of these NEET bux.

I'm just so damn cheap with my free money.

Which games to you play because i dont get 60fps on witcher 3 for example.
I have a 4790k.

>Deus Ex, all details maxed, 60fps
Done.

In before Deus Ex Mankind Divided is not a reason.

I almost bought a 1060 3GB at Frys today. Would it have been a mistake? For $200 how could I go wrong?

Nothing too demanding. Doom and FO4. Total war series as well.

theres the streaming but thats a meme too and I have my desktop I've wired up to it. Its a hard press to see a difference from 720. I dont even notice when the cable switches resolutions.

res is 1028 x 1024
is pretty fucking old i've had for over 7 years now i think

>3GB
that would've been a great mistake. You really should by a 6GB version at the very least.

this, except 1080p 144hz.
the only games you're playing at 1440p at 165hz on a 1070 are 5 year old games and mobas.

I've played a pretty large portion of these games are near maxed settings (lowered AA) on my GTX 760's...

Then you really don't have a reason to move from that. If you are going to play gaming titles at 1080p, then you might want to get another card.

Because I lost my job when I started school again and no one seems to want to hire a college student in my town.

Seconding this. Mostly because the VRAM is not the only difference between the two. The 3 GB is inferior in every way.

70 series are higher and 80+ are enthusiast you fucking dolt.

60's are mid-range because that's where you typically find your best price/performance. Anything lower is low range.

The GPU memes on Cred Forums are just. Fucking. Cancer.

Because I can run everything on high or ultra perfectly fine with a 750.

>tfw need to turn settings down to run wow stable
>tfw gtx 670
i know i shouldn't spend money on this right now but dem video games.
maybe next month or a month after it.

Opinions on this build? Ignore the prices, pcpartpicker doesn't let me copy the list without them

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.88 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 4 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($47.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($101.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($34.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($63.49 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Gainward GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master Force 500 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($58.99 @ SuperBiiz)

It's going to cost me about 830€.

Also, how the fuck do I actually avoid static, some people say to put the PSU in first, others so that kills you.

Yo niggas suggest me a new card amd or nvidia for my system
Only looking for 1080p/60fps in my gaymes.
i7-4790k
Z97 hero VII mobo
16gb ram
850 G2 psu

Thinking about the 480 or 1070 right now.

> still playing wow

The fuck does that even mean?

also would i5 3470 be enough to not bottle neck the gtx 1070?
because if i need to get a new cpu i might as well say fuck it and just stay with my build.

1060 pointless, 1070 min, i5 is good choice, K is even better , get a 600w PSU in case of overclocking your CPU

>EVGA good taste.
nigga you retarded. most rma'd company by far.

I can't afford a 1070, why is the 1060 pointless?

>how the fuck do I actually avoid static
Ground yourself, either by touching a doorknob or wearing one of those meme wristbands.
Don't wear socks on a carpeted floor

i don't know i played on private servers for ever.
first time played on retail on wod launch and never even reached the expansion levels because i was burned from spamming dungeons to level.
this time i just used the boost and the game feels genuinely fun.

Feel you buddy. I've got a 7870 too. The fans only work when the card hits 80c, then it spins up to 100%. When the temp gets under 80c they stop again.
It's only a matter of time before they remain silent forever.

Just bought an msi 1070. Locked 60 at max settings on 1080p. No need for any more.

I thought I needed to touch the case to ground myself.

go back to your fucking hut, jabeb.

480's 100 bucks cheaper and does just as well as 1070 in dx11 and better in dx12. also you dont have to deal with nvidias gameworks bullshit and the ludicrous tesselation that they wont let you turn down. AMD optimized for the win.

Pretty sure the inside walling of the case will ground you upon touch. Thats how it is with my computer at least.

Had their 680 Flagship for 4-5 years now and not a single issues.

Maybe today they're shit but mines running strong.

Oh and my graphics card too.

:3

Is the deluxe versions of the 480 worth it?
like 480 x or something

im cheap and nothing i want to play demands anywhere near that much grphx

But I do

It's not out yet, you muppet. Only a fool would upgrade when a better card might come out before it does.

no, 1080 is a high end card. Titan x pascal/upcoming 1080 ti are enthusiast cards.

Ok guys

what's the single best value-for-money card out there?

IF it ever comes out.

sure go for it if you got the extra 50 bucks

Integrated GPUs don't cost anything, thus they automatically have the best value because you can't divide by zero.

thanks for the help man

make sure you get the 8gig.

480 by a 100 bucks.

ok smartass thanks very clever here's your reward

i render videos constantly becuase job so i might get it but i don't know how fast they will render so i don't know how worth it'd be

480 right now.

I just upgraded from a phenom ii to an i5 6600k. I'm using a sapphire 280 3gb right now and only play at 1080p. What would be a good card to upgrade to?

damn something like a 480x doesnt exist yet on newegg canada.

also why is the R9 390 looking to be alittle bit more powerful than the 480 series?
also 10 bucks more.

Why wouldn't you wait for the 1080ti

so thats supposed to be a 5 core cpu. someone didnt think that gif through

What display? If it's 1440p then I will say 1070.

My r9 290 is good for another 2 years.

480x doesn't exist, period. It's a bummer. Polaris tops out at RX 480.
Some of us are waiting for Vega as such.

because it is more powerful, that's why I'm not upgrading from the r9 390 to a 480 or a 480x they are garbage to a base clock and at overclock get blown way the fuck out of the water. AMD really fucked up with the 4xx series.

It's max is 60hz and it's 27 inches I think. The recommended resolution is 1920x1080

it is a little more powerful but uses the older architecture and has slower memory. also uses like 275 watts instead of 150. but if you dont care about the power bill it is more powerful and has more shaders and a couple other things.

I have a 1070

I have one coming in the mail soon :^)
got it for 600 on jet

yes it does. but its not released yet.

>1080p
RX 480 is more than enough to keep you happy for a long while.

Good to know!
With rebate its $399.. 480s are going for $379-399.
I dunno about older tech tho

r9 390 advertises you need at least 750w psu
to count forward i went with an 850 psu thinking it would be okay with my rig
can't overclock it until i have a 1000 psu though

though the powerbill is the least of the worry when the 4xx series is garbage incarnate.

Get a 390 don't bother with the 390x factory overclocks are shit tier learn how to use your hardware and the 390 will be all you will need for the upcoming 5 years.

Because my Intel HD Graphics 4600 won't crash on me as much.

>yes it does
I will believe it when AMD finally talks about the RX 490X.

Is it already shill thirty?

>no privacy
>metadata tracked
>older cards purposefully sabotaged years later
>windows 10 crashes and incompatibilities
>have to login to download new drivers
>pays people to shill their company on an anonymous Mongolian basket weaving forum
>3.5gb
>thank you nvidia for shitting on me, i'll gladly buy your new product line!

If you buy nvidia, then you are an idiot and should kill yourself.

AMD really fucked up that bad. The team split that made the 480 wasn't the A-team or the B-team or even the C-team. Get a 390.

I have a 600w psu with a 390 and it's overclocked at 1150, 390X clocks.

I fell for the 970 meme. I've had it for almost 2 years now and don't feel like I need to upgrade from 1080p 60fps just yet. I have shit internet so I only play single player games atm. I have a ton of older vidya to play through. The newest games I have are GTA V and Witcher 3, which the 970 handles well. I'm fine with running games at medium settings, as long as it's 1080p 60fps so the 970 should last me a while. As soon as it's ded, I'll go for the next memecard but this time I'll wait for the xx80 Ti card.

480's are going for 250 bucks right now just to let you know.

durp.

I'll wait for the 1080ti

twice as much horsepower

Canada premium pricing yo.
Sauce?
I remember the hilarious threads about 3.5gb with that funny latino guy. Really threw off nvidias rep in my head. Currently using a 660ti and thinking of a 480 or an msi 390 right now..

Kill yourself.

980ti was able to do it. If you purchased a monitor/TV capable of supporting 60hz, then that card can very easily handle it. With the 1080, it should flat out be capped at 60. You would know this if you weren't fucking poor.

As more expensive card being better doesn't make the other card pointless, though. Like, you can always go "just spend more money", but that isn't good advice.

>I dunno about older tech tho.
Its just the larger die. so really if you dont care about the power draw thats the only downside I would say. they both do asynch compute so your good for dx12

Its costs literally 900 dollars in my third world country, that's like 3 whole months of my salary. Go figure.

I don't know enough fuuuuck
here

its not double the performance not by a longshot.

>60 hz

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

I'd be willing to get it, but I'm low on money. Plus, I currently have an i7 2700k, it'd probably be an overkill bottleneck, and my mobo doesn't support overclocking as far as I can tell.

REminder

The RX 480 is faster than the 1070 and $200 cheaper

>3.5gb

Can anyone tell me what was the big deal about this besides being autistic about a number? The benchmarks didn't lie, which is what really matters.

whoa, why didnt they invite them? so mean

I'd take 120hz+ over at 1080/1440 over 60 at 4k almost any day

Nvidia even tried to send $30 bucks to people who bought one.
literally admitting they fucked them over.

good bait

That isn't what that chart says though.

I also dont get why people compare OCed cards to non OCed cards. Is it a meme?

No thanks.

4k 60fps on a decent IPS monitor any day over higher Hz.

>what was the big deal
>the benchmarks didn't lie
if you needed any proof that the shills are here, this is definitive 100% proof.

Nvidia defrauded customers and purposefully gimped their 970 to make the 980 a competitive price point.

i bought one for my friend's rig, asus brand, shit broke on a year, now the poor soul has a good pc with no video card, so hes forced to play LOL.

my 7950 gigabyte has been rocking for 3-4years

>graphics over gameplay: the post

no fucking chance.
the jump from 1080 to 4k is retarded, and 1080 is literally 10 year old tech, even consoles are adopting modified 4k

Sure, aslong as you don't play anything requiring reaction times user, go ahead.

>FTW
lol

>why the fuck don't you have a gtx 1080 yet
Because I got dual 1070s

Yes, because retards sperged out about a number. When you buy a card, you look at benchmarks and prices. The benchmarks didn't lie about the performance of the 970, so the bitching is about a number, false advertising, which didn't effect performance results, just the price. If I saw that the 970's benchmarks were better than actually advertised, then I'd have a problem. Even if the card were $30 cheaper originally, it would have been even a better deal.

>funny latino guy
get a load of the hitler edit

youtube.com/watch?v=tNGi06cq_pQ

sure was nice of them desu. Intel got free boosts in performance.

Eh. I've got 980 atm, don't feel like upgrading.

Which is why you do 1440p, kek

Because I got a GTX 970 for my birthday since a friend got one for cheap for me.

I'm new to PC gaming and therefore I'm used to console-level graphics.

Cause the Canadian dollar.
And i wanna upgrade my8350.
Will probably buy next gen.

So a 970 will work fucking wonders for you user.

This has literally been a part of the law code of most nations since Babylon.

Cf: Code of Hammurabi 250, 251; Code of Eshunna 53, 54

Is it worth to upgrade my MSI 7950 to a MSI rx480 ?

>Yes, because retards sperged out about a number.
They spereged about it, because nVidya lied to them. If you let them get away with false advertising, they will do it more. It's a fucking company, when they lie to you, you should tell them to fuck off and give your money back.

Because I got a 1070

I guess that depends on the games you like. I get a solid 144Hz at 1440p in Overwatch with my 980Ti. Same with CS:GO but you can achieve that with any old toaster.

FPS games have the most to gain from framerates above 60, IMO.

A pet is your property legally and you are responsible for its' actions entirely.

This is why it's illegal to walk dogs without a leash.

If your dog attacks anything, human or other pets, you are legally responsible because:

A) You didn't leash the animals or...
B) you couldn't keep the animal in a tight enough leash.

It doesn't matter one bit if you view your animal as property at all. It legally is so. It is yours and whatever it does you are legally responsible. Because it all comes down to how you've trained your dog, how well you restrained your dog.

If another owner says "it's fine my pitbull is an angel, let them meet!" and you say "fuck off sandnigger" and pull your dog away but the sandnigger still keeps moving torwards you, he's now the instigator and it is his fucking fault if anything happens.

It's best to always avoid your pet meeting other animals especially if your pet is a GIANT FUCKING KILLING MACHINE and if you get one you sure as hell make sure you're strong enough of a nigger to keep it leashed and close and obedient.

Because my 670 can still max out nearly everything at 1080p60fps. If 1440p144fps stops being a meme, I'll upgrade then.

This

But they didn't lie about performance, so does it really matter? They fucked up with advertising and they gave you some money back. People acting like they got scammed out of performance or some shit. Again, the benchmarks didn't lie.

My 780 GTX from like 2 or 3 years ago still performs serviceably.

It runs most games 60 fps and only struggles on poor ports.

just checked in with my i5 2500k and gtx760 and i get 60+ fps in 1440p in Dirt Rally with only 3 of the graphics settings turned off - AO - Blending - and Anti aliasing. every other setting is cranked to the maximum.
convince me to upgrade my pc.

Are women and children property? If my wife or child breaks something, I have to pay for it.

Because tax if government theft.

you can do games like rocket league in 1440p 144hz no problem and play Dirt Rally in 1440p 60fps like me

Think of the 144fps you can have user if you get yourself a meme setup like this.

(this is too wide for me, one monitor will go, and yes, the desk is super crap but so what)

>putting your two speakers that close together

Jesus christ you're retarded.

nah , i dont like your setup, my primary monitor must be directly in front of my face ,

Those two are just running out of 1 center channel. Don't get anus too puckered up from that.

large mammals all regenerate pretty similarly

>cucked
>buying a gtx1080$$$$$$
pick both

>tfw R9 290
>tfw still have 1080p monitor
>new vidya cards are either way overkill or way under performance

Children are considered your responsibility if you are registered as their legal guardian. Legally yes.

Anything your kid breaks you will have to pay for it.

Your wife however is responsible for her own shit. You aren't legally obliged to help her financially if she does something illegal and has to pay for it.

Because I have a 1080p monitor. My 290x is still doing just fine.

I wasnt going to do it because I have a 1366x768 32" tv I have been playing my console ports on but if you want 1080 its worth it.

>Fermi vs Intel HD vs old Radeon drivers

Because I managed to get a GTX 1070 for $400 a week ago.

Feels good being able to max out games, render at 1527p and downsample to 1080p @ 60fps+

Doom also runs with everything maxed and never drops frames, it's crazy.

Me too. Otherwise your neck is constantly turned.

doom isnt that demanding. I had it maxed out at 1366x768 and it was running at 80+ frames.

I got a 1070. I could've got the 1080, but I didn't feel like paying an extra 200€ for a 5% increase.

Because I bought the evga liquid cooled 980 ti for 370 after taxes and shipping

>Humans attack humans, it's natural selection
>I bash your stupid doughy head in
>"Your honor, I was just doing as nature commanded."

Nice troll though I responded.

>that res
>2016

Waiting for drivers that arent total ass.

>tfw no shadowplay with AMD

>must login with facebook to use shadow play
just get open broadcast software you fucking dumbass nvidicuck

I lost my job.

Thinking about it, but its £600 and I don't play anything above 1080p.

It'd probably be nice for MSAA.

its a 32 inch tv for my console ports. also I'm running doom at 80+ frames maxed settings with a 7850.

>thinking im nvidicuck

to clarify i use my 1440p 144hz monitor for rocket league on a GTX 760, THERE IS NO REASON TO UPGRADE UNLESS YOU PLAY SHIT CONSOLE PORTS LIKE BATMAN MEME CITY, LIKE THE RETARD OP HAS IN SHIT TASTE

your an nvidicuck if you enjoy or envy any of the features that come with GeForce Experience Softwareâ„¢

You do realize that outside of Ferrari/Audi/Lambo-tier of vehicles all automatics are slushboxes that can't make up their minds and take their good time when they do, right?

Hell, even automatic versions of $50k cars with the paddle-shifters don't shift as well as their manual counter-parts.

amd has its own version of that called gameDVR.

>nvidiot.
it was right there in front of you.

>having to use the gaming evolved raptr shit

because my new 1070 and i7 6700K set up is working fine for me

>1366x768
Are you fucking kidding me.

thats not what that is. its just like shadowplay in that it has the hardware do the rendering at a very minimal performace loss.

seelooks fine with AA.

the raptr needs to be installed

no you can use any software you want.

because i have 2

>tfw 1080 is $1000 in canada
>tfw R9 290 cost $420 when it was new
>tfw getting the itch to upgrade but that dosh
JUST

for what purpose?

>still chugs martini on maxed-out Borderlands: Pre-Sequel and motherfucking Lost Alpha

why even bother

yup, pretty much Lost Alpha / any PhysX-heavy rendering in the workings

i have the exact same pen

and funny thing is - this was how they did the battle circa 2001-2003. Then it became more orchestrated than Chinese march on Labour Day

Ayyyy LMAAO

unless the benchmarks show consistent doubling-up of framerate, compared to your current setup, don't even bother.

I've only decided to upgrade from 560 to 1070 after already having fun time with Solus Project (which was absolutely playable - 40-60FPS - on 720p and all high settings, but i just wanted to see the maximum of it)

physx is such a cancer. wish it would die already.

I can't afford it

This

Its not Raptr anymore. Its Plays.tv. They got rid of Raptr.

Raptr recording was actually pretty good, and Plays is just as good. Memelords will forever hate on Raptr though/

It seems we have reached an impasse

I've got a fucking 960 I can't afford anything

not exactly they are just pushing plays.tv regardless you can use opencast if you want. the point is that it uses hardware rendering instead of software.

yes, but the actual effects it produces are just too damn pretty to ignore

>OC 480 vs 1070
>Not using common ground and doing OC 480 vs OC 1070

1070 beats it.

I'm not against Plays.TV. I think its amazing. I've got an old hard drive hooked up and it 24-7 records every game I play and loops over on it, so I don't need to go in and delete anything. It'll just make space for itself.

It also hooks into games like DOTA2 and CSGO, making little bookmarks in the video where I get kills, deaths, other important events. Its really impressive.

>1440p 144hz on a 760
my god

Because I'm not a gullible retard and know to wait.

1 game. I use my old gtx 260 to render hardware physx on the VERY few games that use hardware physx anyway.

You can get a 1080, but you can't even name 1080 games worth paying the card's price.

me too user. I know all about it.

In 12 weeks im going to buy one

I basically dont play modern games anymore, the only thing I do play thats modern is TWW and some GSG/milsims.

So im just getting a 1080 and calling it quits for the next decade.

It's really only worth it in BL2, but it's insanely resource intensive, almost to the point it seems intentionally unoptomized.

If you set your GPU to render it, it can actually use the resources an entire 570 offers at 1080p with 1 player fighting 6 enemies.

no not really I use an old gtx 260 to render it just fine and use my amd card to render the graphics.

>you get a whole 5 extra frames only for the meager price of 200$!

because I play at 1080p 60fps

there's literally nothing I can't run on the 970 on at least high

i remember when i thought physx was worth it for shit games like borderlands - boy i sure do have changed my opinion.

Your definition of just fine doesn't match mine.

If BL2 isn't running at 60fps non stop then it's not fun.

it runs at a solid 60 I dont know what your talking about.

i do

problems? dont believe me? get rocket league on your pc, its very optimized when you turn off the meme graphics console settings like motion blur

>a domesticated dog, which does not exist in nature
>natural selection

Dumb and dumber.

No you don't.

I believe you. I just don't get why you would brag about it.

285gtx owner here
yeah, gtx, not AMD

wait for better shit user

the game market and pc market in general is a giant cash grab with shit teir innovation

my pc has a 3.0 ghz dualcore from 2010 which was midrange

what are the newest midrange cpus? 3.0 dualcore.

My graphics card could still run modern games if they didnt use "advanced features" that dx11 brought to the table. Tessellation? Thats the reason for the upgrade? give me a fucking break. I have a second one laying around that I dont bother to SLI because games dont even need that high processing power to run.

Bunch of money hungry swindlers selling us gimmicks. I refuse to buy until actual innovation comes along.

go to bed grandpa

Waiting for a price on that gtx 1080ti

GIT OFF MAH LAWN

memeagers

>not saving up your NEETbux each year to buy the most expensive shit so you can show off your Cred Forums pride in speccy threads

> Arma 3 isn´t worth playing

It's worth playing but if you've got ARMA 3 in mind buying a better CPU is more important than a super strong graphics card because ARMA 3 is far more dependent on the CPU than GPU.

Instead of 750 bucks on the 1080 you'd get more frames in ARMA 3 getting a i7 6700k, good cooler for OCing and a 1060 for about the same price.

I was going to call your comment weak bait but it got 2 already. still pretty weak but I think neo-Cred Forums's just full of whales.

Good goys like you give me hope to open up my own business!

i have i5 4690k and R9 290 right now and the bare minimum upgrade is still $1200

stupid fucking nvidia jews

im gonna wait for the 490

Because I'm not American and they cost $1030 minimum.

I recently upgraded to a 1070 and i7 6700k and it's a world of difference with arma 3 from my last set up which was a gtx 560ti and i5 3550.

How much of a difference, what are you getting out of it right now?

Is it still only like ~20-30 frames playing on a full server on KOTH or does it actually make a big improvement?

Because my GPU is still running current games at 60 fps.

>that horrible cabling

I ment 3550 not 3550k

In the ao on koth I will usualy get around 45fps with drops sometimes with the setting on very high. It only drops below 30 if the server is having issues.

That's pretty solid, 45 to 50 is about as good as you can do with ARMA. I still can't get 60 FPS consistently with ARMA 2.

im broke af, had to buy an aftermarket rx 470. feels purgatory man.

how long will it take for the 1070 to drop into the 300-400 range?

Forever. Unless you mean used, which would be probably already.

>purchase an animal to care for
>"they're not property"
you dumb fuck they are by lawful definition ones property if they can be purchased.

>why the fuck don't you have a gtx 1080 yet Cred Forums?
I already own ps4.

help me justify $400 for a 1070. What would can it do that the 480 cant that would be worth the extra 200 bucks.

Who do you think that is filming the scene, smartass?

But a 970 destroys console level graphics and can max out way more modern games than it can't..

>that high end gear
>low tier PSU

PhysX
Shadowplay
Being quite a bit faster in DX11
Still beating RX 480 in doom even with vulkan.
Still beating RX 480 in Deus Ex mankind divided

You need a R9 Fury to get to 1070 level.

what games do you play
what resolution
can you afford the 1070 comfortably right now
do you want to future proof your rig?

The 980 will last me untill the 1180 is out, right?

What am I even supossed to do with all the old hardware that keeps accumulating anyway? I already built a 2nd pc with spare older parts, should I make a 3rd one?

I would need to don't spend three months of my wage.

What's the best brand to buy from?

I'm thinking either EVGA or something.

a R9 390 beats the R480

AMD are slow with good drivers

Fucking pitbulls, kill it.

literally any fps thats remotely competitive or youre playing them at a high-ish level or more

LOO

I agree. AMD age well, and it's always nice to know that my card can get more performance as time goes on. This is why it's such a joy to have the HD 7970 and seeing it perform like a champ for so long.

Fucking world of tanks.

i had a 6950 and it was good for so long

the 390 is a more powerful card. it has nothing to do with drivers.

Please talk me out of buying the zotac gtx 1080 amp! Extreme, aka the best current gpu in the world

I got a gtx 1070 and it is all I need for 1080p 144 hz.
Will probably last a while on new aaa games 60+ fps and older games 100+ fps.
Except for the crew. Downloaded that shit cause its free and get 40 fps on it with drops to 20 on high speed. How could they fuck up this bad?

Because my 970 is enough to play the games I want at 60 fps and a reasonable resolution

EVGA for Nvidia if only for their warranty, features like Step-Up and customer service alone.

Sapphire for AMD.

mostly console ports atm. Favorite genre's are mmofps, rts, simulators, rpg's in that order.

forgot to mention I'm planning on buying a console soon so I dont really want to spend the 400 if its not worth it.

i figure those games would be more CPU bound?

i think the 480 would be enough

I'll wait for th GTX 1360

>bought a 1080
>when the fucking Ti is right around the corner

LUL

4k is a meme. its pointless unless you have like a 64" tv

why the fuck did we have to go from 1080 to 4k? when the hardware can barely support it

Not a cuck.

Literally. My 750 ti is getting old and outdated and I'm planning to upgrade but paying $600 to play shitty console ports that look slightly better is not my thing. I'd rather get a current console + GPU that will play everything I throw at it.

I never understood the point of paying that much for that much computing power when games run fine with less and you can just invest that money in something different.

>b-but are you poor or what

It's all relative, I can ask you the same about $300 anime figures, are you too poor to buy them? No. You simply don't see value for your buck in it. Same with high end graphics cards. I will have more value if I buy a PS4 pro and a 960 than if I waste it all on a single 1080. It is especially true for PC master race faggots who only ever really play popular steam multiplayer games. It's pure e-peen, "dude look at my sweet rig lmao xD".

These same people tend to be the biggest console war shitposters as in always being obsessed with "peasants" and consoles. And I don't want to become that kind of cancer. Of course not everyone is like that and a tiny tiny percentage of people having a high end PC do actually make use of them and legitimately enjoy the high end performance, but these are rare nowadays.

why sapphire? it doesnt even have a backplate.

>he buys 300$ anime figures

just kill ur dog u fucking retard its just a dumb animal get a bonzibuddy or something

thats what you get for not looking after your dog retard

I don't and that's because I don't see the value in it even if I can see the increased level of detail and overall quality. I'm fine with $50 anime figures and I'm sure most people will be.

If some faggot showed up and called everyone a peasant for not buying $300 and presented you with pictures with marginally better ones on the right side you would laugh at that person, now imagine if that person called himself superior and everyone, even those not into anime figure collecting that just wanted a cheap OPM on their shelf an ignorant peasant that knows no better.

Now I'm not saying the guy spending $300 on a single figure is automatically wrong, maybe he has good reasons to and legitimately really appreciates very high quality hand crafted limited edition anime figures. That's fine. But if that guy becomes an obnoxious faggot because of this it is reasonable to call him pure cancer and not wanting to be associated with.

Been out of the PC game for a minute, do I need to upgrade? If so what first?

>inb4 everything

Might want a more recent GPU for the fancy new Nvidia tech and that's it. The CPU might bottleneck the GPU if you opt for the current equivalent of the 670 but at 1080p and if you don't want meme graphical settings you could get something like a 1050 or 1060, some overclocking and be good for a couple of more years for cheap.

If you enjoy video games more than benchmarks you don't need much.

Oh good, because the video card is starting to crap out, I've had to click it down recently to keep it from crashing

Too expensive. I got a 1060 instead.

everything

Ha I have this exact same PC minus 8GB ram

I got an rx480, can't reallhy think of anything I'd want to play that would require more money than that.

Because if I'm gonna upgrade my GPU, I'll have to upgrade my CPU since its some shit AMD shit.

But that means I'll have to upgrade my mobo.

But upgrading all that I'd probably want to get a new harddrive since its been 4+ years

And while I'm doing that might as well switch in some new RAM.

Oh and my fan is being fucky so I should probably get a new one too.

But in that case probably wouldn't be bad to get a better case too.

Oh and my monitor is pretty old probably should get a new one
At this point I wonder why I shouldn't just an entirely new computer fuck me this ride never ends

Uhhh, the RX 480 isn't competing with the 1070.
It's nearly half the price.

>by gtx 1080
>didn't fit my case so have to wait for new case to show up
>1 week of waiting

>be eastern euro
>be student
>any decent gpu costs entire paycheck of manual labour which is the best i can get
>prices are worse than in US
>if the prices were in the same currency
>my prices are in euro

im fucking happy with my 960 and fx-8320e
fuck off rich kids