Shitposting aside, is the Pro worth it for someone who hasn't bought a PS4 yet?

Shitposting aside, is the Pro worth it for someone who hasn't bought a PS4 yet?

Nintendo made their "New" 3DS but only a few games ended up supporting it. Do you think the Pro will turn out the same way? Because if it's another New 3DS, I should just save $100 and get the Slim.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUb63Dc7-Bw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm also wondering. I already have one that I could sell to a buddy and get the new one. I have a 4k TV already and watch a lot of shows and whatnot so just that makes me want one but I can't decide

Yeah. I get that there are a bunch of games coming out that will support it, but I'm afraid once the hype is gone, developers will stop giving a shit about it.

Meant for

Slim 1to are only 50$ less than the pro, I would recomand the pro if you don't have a ps4 at all desu

Yeah but I was planning on getting the 500gb version if I got the Slim. It's $100 less, and I don't want to spend the extra if only some games are going to support the Pro.

Every game released post-Pro is forced to have Pro support by Sony mandate. It's definitely worth it since the difference is only $100 and you get a console that can output twice the resolution and still leave spare room for other shit.

You won't be locked out of any ps4 game in the future IMO if that's what you're wondering

>Every game released post-Pro is forced to have Pro support by Sony mandate.
Source? Because I heard the complete opposite. All games have to work on the normal PS4, and Pro support is optional.

PS4 owner here. I am thinking of upgrading to it, what exactly is different? All I see is shitposting on Cred Forums with no real discussion about it so I really do not know.

You won't be locked out of any PS4 game even with the Slim.

It works like this, every game released post-Pro must have Pro support. However, no game is supposed to be Pro exclusive. So you can play any PS4 Pro game on PS4. You should really just consider it as extra Pro options on top of being a PS4 game. PS4 is still the base.

youtube.com/watch?v=pUb63Dc7-Bw

>It works like this, every game released post-Pro must have Pro support.
Again, source? I'm looking but I can't seem to find anything. It just says the Pro is "capable" of this and that.

the ps4 has been an utter garbage system. Ive enjoyed exactly two system exclusives on it. bloodborne, disgaea 5
It is playing most new multiplats at 20-30 fps.

here are some things you should look into.
are your friends playing their fps/cawadooty/destiny on the ps4 or bone. The only reason to get a ps4 for the foreseeable future is for that. I don't care if FFXV and Purseowner 5 are the second coming of Christ himself. 4 games to play is not enough to warrant a purchase. The AAA market has been producing drivel in the west. LBP 3, Uncharted, and TLoU, and Infamous(some of sony's flagship titles) are terrible. Basically the PS4 is a madden/destiny/cod box for most of the users. The weeb selection is terrible, almost exclusively hand me downs from the ps3, vita.

If you are desperate to play the new open world games like Morrodor, ass creed, watch doggo, gta. Just buy a new computer, instead. If the price is too high for you just buy the cheapest available xbone because the difference between PS4 and xbone is so slight that it seemingly only affects FPS a little.

PS4pro support is mandatory, without it you can't publish your game on PS4, end of story.

It's not optional at all. You just got snippets of information here and there and mixed it all up in your head.

What you're probably referring to are games that launched before PS4pro, Sony can't put a gun to the head of every developer and force them to patch their 3yo indie game for the new system. Only a dozen or so current games will get PS4pro patches, but every single game released after October of this year MUST have the patch.

In case of further doubt, all games work on PS4pro regardless of a patch, but unpatched ones won't get the benefits of the new system.

Yet more info you mixed up. PS4pro 4K mode will be mandatory on all games, even indies.
The "capable of" thing you talk of is mostly about 1080p modes on PS4pro, which could run with improved graphics or better framerate, or both
The TombRaider team for example made 3 versions of the game for the new system, where you can pick between 4K mode, 1080p with better graphics or 1080p with a higher framerate. The first move is mandatory, the other two are optional and some devs might choose not to do them out even do something different, but 4K has to be there.

All of that has been known since the document leaks from months ago meant for developers. I'm on my phone so I can't be bothered to look for a link

Sorry user but the xbone is a better console this gen, and this is coming from an avid MS hater.

That said you'll get more out of a PC. Mine costed me exactly $604 in 2014 and still runs games at 60fps 1080p with everything on ultra. Consider the ps+ price for online on the ps4 pro (560 + 50 per year) and you'll still get only 30 frames and no real 4k. You could go for slim, but you risk what happened with the new 3DS and be left out of some games.

Inb4 pc monitor you can use it on a TV, heck you can connect it to two TV's and 2 monitors at the same time and use all of them with any current GPU.

Inb4 muh controller, any PC game is now compatible with controllers. Heck even kb/m games can be played with a controller now just get the steam controller

>Sorry user but the xbone is a better console
It's literally a shittier PC for retarded people. Not a jack shit worth of exclusives that aren't on PC and better on PC. Get the fuck outta here.

You didn't even finish reading and are shitposting already

>Sorry user but the xbone is a better console this gen
what a fucking fanboy. You say that without even knowing OP's tastes.
What if he is interested in Japanese vidya (since he talked about Nintendo and Sony) and studios like Vanillaware or FromSoft? What if he doesn't own both PS3 and Vita already? He'd miss out on a shit ton of games just because you out off nowhere declared the Xbone the better console for no reason whatsoever

Not only does it not get 90% of Eastern games out there, it also doesn't run multiplats better. So what's the benefit? How is it better?
The only way to justify the purchase is if OP likes Halo, Gears and Forza specifically (even though all 3 are on PC in some form) over all the other games he'd be missing.

I hate it when people like you project their tastes onto others

Just played Spec Ops - The Line with the steam controller. The gyro aim feels so good coupled with the trackpad.

You know wen as a kid you used to move the controller around when in a tight spot as if it would help with anything. Here the natural movement was put to good use. I really hope the consoles will atleast attempt to implement gyro aiming.

Fuck you nigger unfarted was great

As far as I'm concerned. I learned from the PS3 gen in not being an early adopter for either consoles or games. This is the real PS4 as I see it. Not to mention all those game of the year/ complete editions of released games are also coming out. Why keep up with the Cred Forumsirgins?

Give me one fucking reason to get an Xbone when I already own a gaming PC and the only games not guaranteed to come to PC are Japanese PS4 games?

>Shitposting aside, is the Pro worth it for someone who hasn't bought a PS4 yet?
why not?

if I didn't have a PS4 the Pro would be the no-brainer choice. It's not that more expensive than the normal PS4.

Oh, you have a PC already. Xbone is only a good option if you dont have a pc. In that case I'd either go with the slim now or wait for a price drop or black friday sale on the ps4 pro

Sony have said that the idea is that every game released after the PS4 Pro has to have support for it in some way, even if it's just a slightly higher frame rate or something, and then developers can choose to make their older games support it too if they want.

For 25% more money, you get 100% more GPU power. Seems like better value, even if you only have a 1080p TV.

You keep saying PS4 Pro support is mandatory, but I have yet to see a source.

Saying it's mandatory is a weird way to put it. But a game that runs on a PS4 inherently runs on the Pro. The PS4 pro IS a PS4, but slightly more powerful.

multiplayer games need to have parity though, so if it's a game you play online the framerate/graphics need to be the same

I'm talking about the extra power. I haven't read anywhere that developers are forced to make both a default PS4 version and an upgraded "Pro" version.

I will only buy if bloodbourne gets a 60 fps patch.

Really?? Cause all PC gamers have the same framerate/graphics in their games amirite?

Idk. Might be longer for it to get hacked. Especially if it's shipping on a higher firmware.
PS4 is literally only for weeb games. And i doubt they will support it.

For better or for worse, and i mean this as no insult.
Console multiplayer games are all casual anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

If you don't own a ps4 and want one you probably should just get the pro. If you already own one you probably shouldn't upgrade unless you have a good 4K TV and want to see what it can do. If you have a 1080p TV, wait and see if enough games run at higher framerates on the pro.

if its your first PS4 then sure

otherwise wait for reviews before you upgrade

Because they're not forced to, most games won't have any difference on the pro, they said that when they revealed it

Support only refers to 4K resolution. Sony explicitly said in their conference on the 7th that 4K support is available on all upcoming games. The only thing that matters to a lot of us though is performance at 1080p. Some devs like the ones for Tomb raider are offering higher frame rates compared to the original PS4 version on the Pro but we don't know if all devs will offer that.

This. Now is the time to consider a PS3 and 360 because they are cheap and Gameshits are overflowing with used copies. Also many notable games have gotten the usual gen-end PC ports like Valkyria Chronicles, solidifying the PS3 as a Demon's Souls/Wipeout HD machine. Honestly even if was better than the 360, it's a worse console than the OG Xbox.

This user is right.
But fuck man, you could not sound more condescending even if you tried.

>Some devs like the ones for Tomb raider are offering higher frame rates compared to the original PS4 version on the Pro
they arent

>buy console at end of gen
>mod it easily by then
>play all the exclusives.
>???
>profit.

>higher fps
is fucking hilarious
tey are offering 45 fps on 1080, 4kupscaled 30 fps or 1080 with 30 fps with betetr shadows.
No dev is going to get a performance boost on this thing without sacrificing graphics or performance.

This.
But persona 5 is coming to PS3.
And ff XV is coming to oc eventually anyway.

I'm definitely getting a Pro as my first console this gen.

If you have a PC the only console worth getting is a Wii U, and even that is a questionable decision. Unless you really really want to play Bloodborne, I'd skip the PS4.

I don't have a PS4 but I'm playing to buy one as a secondary console. I don't have a 4k TV so the Pro would not be that appealing (apart from other other performance boost) so I'm not sure if I should simply buy the old model.

The problem I have with the Pro is that I really don't know where Sony is going with this. When the next console upgrade will be released in three years and the old PS4 will finally become obsolete, will the Pro still be able to play the newest PS4 games or will they be skipped both?

Only frame rate, not graphics. They announced at the conference that Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare are both getting patches.

Your opinion was unsolicited.

That's what I've been trying to say the whole time, and that's what the OP post meant. People kept implying that developers had to make both a PS4 and upgraded PS4 Pro version of their games.

Slightly nicer resolutions, 4K support. It's like going from low to slightly higher graphics on a PC. I wouldn't bother jumping up as I already own a PS4, and from what I see the difference isn't enough for me to really care, but hey, it's your cash, so enjoy motherfucker.

30 fps is the minimum standard all devs aim for so at the very least the pro will offer stable 30fps for all games.

Source ?

sorry f a m meant to reply to a different post.

PS4 is trash, I just lost 6 months worth of fallout gametime because for some reason it decided I didnt have access to f4 unless I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it.

The games that upgrade the graphics or framerate, maybe, but you'll be better off using standard PS4 and using the TV's upscaler for 4K. Why the PS4 pro needs more power to upscale is beyond me.

Lol angry lil faggot!

fuck you

Because it renders natively at 1600p+

No, it uses checkerboard upscaling. The pixels are 1:1 with this method, but it's still the same shit.

Eh, if anything you'll just be getting a slightly more stable framerate than the standard PS4. So instead of a constant 20-25 on bloodborne you might actually hit and stay at 30.

>white
>red hair
>green eyes
This is literally the perfect combo.

If it wasnt for those obnoxious tatoos she would be a 10/10.

>So instead of a constant 20-25 on bloodborne you might actually hit and stay at 30.

This is the real reason I'm getting it.

t. hasn't played BB yet

afaik this is how it's goint to be, just like nintendo did with the New3d same will be for psPro. Dunno if it will fail as well since you only split the customer base

It uses checkerboard upscaling from a native res of 1600p+. Look at the Digital Foundry analysis.

If you were already going to buy a PS4, might as well just get the Pro version. I might upgrade but I'd like to see more examples and comparisons first. It's weird the console is so close to coming out but we really don't have much information about it. I don't care about 4K gaming but I would like to see if it actually improves the framerate of games at 1080p. And by Improve I don't mean increase it, I would be happy if it just gave us locked 30fps for games that are in the 25-29 range. I know Uncharted 4 at 60fps is a pipe dream.