I want a god damned good straight answer. Why do animated characters in Japanese culture usually look white?

I want a god damned good straight answer. Why do animated characters in Japanese culture usually look white?
And don't say they don't look white and that's just how the Japanese see themselves because they have clear distinct European features.
Maybe what's closest to the truth that I've heard is that anime draws strong inspirations from Disney since Disney was the biggest player in the game during its inception, but there has to be a deeper psychological reason to have carried it on for this long.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesocietypages.org/socimages/2010/08/30/guest-post-why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They DO NOT look white

They look like generic humans with vaguely asian features, and don't fucking cherry pick some ugly asians, I can show you some beastly looking white people

Yes they fucking do. Okay then, why are the Asian features so vague? I mean I don't expect them to be a racist caricature, but they have more white features than Asian.

>This thread again

Why does it matter to you?

Well in the picture you posted, presumably the characters look white because they're part of a fantasy setting inspired by medieval western Europe which was populated almost exclusively by white people at that time. Do characters from asia/fantasy-asia look white too?

It's just that white Euro looking people are the most ideal in most cultures. Even the Nazis, who most germans were brown hair / brown eyes / rounder features aspired blonde hair / blue eyed / strong features as the ideal look for a human.

That's just it. Japanese probably don't even realize that. There are some games and manga that do make their characters look Japanese, but they are few. Like Yakuza, and Onimusha off the top of my head.

Also many games are not set in Japan, and rather fantasy, so it makes sense they don't have to make them look Japanese. Dragons Crown is a Euro medieval fantasy, same with Odin Sphere. However Muramasa actually has characters that look more asian.

And in Japanese society, nearly all of them look the same. So they try to express themselves via other mediums by being really different, it's why so many Anime have white looking people, with crazy hair styles, hair colors, and powers. Oh and clothes, just look at Final Fantasy clothes.

NO JAPS SHOULD ONLY BE MAKING JAP CHARACTER

They don't look white. They look attractive. There's a set of features that all people find attractive. You associate them with white people because you get most of your media from white countries. The japs associate with Japanese people because that's where they get their media. Koreans do it with Koreans, and so on. The media will usually only portray attractive people, so people who only gets their media from a single source usually associates those features with the race of the media showing it to them, when the features are actually something universal.

Lighter skin and European facial features are the best looking.

Yakuza
Fatal Frame
Tenchu
Omunisha

All realistic Asians.

If OP says otherwise he's a troll.

Well if they're set in medieval europe like dragon's crown they better look white.
If they're strictly set in japan or asia they often tend to look japanese or asian.
Question answered.

the general shape of the heads and the typical eye shapes in anime are asian, and you can see where the epicanthal folds are, albeit the eye size is exaggerated

I'll give you that there aren't any naturally blonde or redhead asians though

Racism

>Even the Nazis, who most germans were brown hair / brown eyes / rounder features aspired blonde hair / blue eyed / strong features as the ideal look for a human.
>this shit again.
Most germans except for bavarians have blonde hair in different shades of blonde and grey, green and blue eyes.
You are thinking of turks you imbecile.
Hitler had blue eyes, look it up. The reason why many of them look like they have black hair is because of black and white photography that just photographed dark blonde as black instead of copper colored you uneducated moron

Huh?

>the typical eye shapes in anime are asian

They don't look white.

You just associate big eyes and pale skin with people who look like you as the default interpretation of a character with those generic cartoon characteristics - to an asian they look asian, to a slav they look slavic, etc. etc.

They are a stylistic depiction of features the japanese find attractive and rather uncoincidentally, their fellow humans also value the same things the world over - neotenous and pale skinned, literally every culture favours these characteristics when it comes to females and young people.

because whites are the best looking race
that's literally the answer

they do look white.

even the Japanese believe this.

multicolored hair large eyes, japan idolizes the west post WW2 and wants to be considered a western country.

>OP hasn't actually seen Japanese people

at least 3 of these are mixed race

Noctis legit looks just like the Chinese guy who cooks the food at the shitty Chinese restaurant near my job.

ITT: People think they know how japanese girls look like

2>6>1>3>4>5

Ariana Miyamoto is mixed ethnicity: Black father, japanese mother

What's your point exactly?

>only people with white mixed in look good!

No, it was a statement of fact. There are girls of mixed ethnicity there

Is there a place with high quality scans of the book in OP's pic ?

4>5>1>2>3>6

That's horrible.

Ayako Fujitani a goddess

You'll freak when you discover who her dad is

Oh I thought she was indian, but no point really, just shitposting.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

They all are mixed. user was shitposting

Nips tend to not see realism as a priority
Plus there's the fact that many games take place in fantasy settings which aren't necessarily Japan, and race-defining facial features aren't often emphasized in many art styles

>You'll freak when you discover who her dad is

well fuck. I'm sorry to hear that

"What" Japanese girls look like, Pedro. You won't have long to assimilate before Trump gets sworn in so you better start learning English now.

Reminds me of that conversation in ME2 where the turian, salarian and human are all discussing how the asari looks just like each of their respective species.

You're a white guy, so you see white features in Japanese drawings. Japanese people see Japanese features. You know why? Because we're all fucking human, you racist, and we don't actually look all that different.

>Because we're all fucking human, you racist, and we don't actually look all that different.

Racism is thinking one race (truly ethnicity) is inherently superior or inferior to another, period. Learn the meaning of the words you use

lol okay

>Do characters from asia/fantasy-asia look white too?

why are white people so desperate to get proof that a bunch of rice eaters idolize them

i don't start feeling all proud just because every AAA sjw game contains black people in important roles these days

That's different. SJWs include black people because they feel they're underrepresented in media. The nips do it because they think they all look the same, and want to distinguish characters

Well william actually is white, so...

they going extinct so they are desperate

In Dragoncrown's case I don't think they are going for Asian characters.
But why do so many animes not have the epicanthic fold so commonly found on the faces of Asian people?
I think pic related sort of speaks for itself.

They're cartoons, realism isn't really part of the itinerary for anyone.

he's being ironic you stupid fuck

What a disgrace.

thesocietypages.org/socimages/2010/08/30/guest-post-why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/

why do you care? will it affect your enjoyment? is it relevant?

fuck off

Oh...guess I kinda deserved that :P

>"oh, let's post pics of girl that their job is related to their image"
>cherry picking this hard

it's like if someone ask for a picture of an average 50yo male from US and you post Brad Pitt.

stop using google images for searching average people, user. Don't be underage.

He says while shitposting in his underwear on a Friday afternoon.

4>3>1>2>5>6

Fight me, niggas.

At work homie.

I'm sure her mother's parents were very happy about their daughter bringing a chimp into the family tree. Would've disowned her tbqh

>Jap fucks a nigger
>Baby grows up to become Miss Japan

Sounds like improvement to me, family unit.

>You know why? Because we're all fucking human, you racist, and we don't actually look all that different.

I would have agreed with your post but you had to include this last sentence and thus you are a nigger.

White people have the most attractive features, why do you think darkies lust after them so?

2>4>1>6>3>5

user, if i am going to create a game and put cute girls on it, more often, i will surely base their appearance on the most ideal face i already saw or imagined, not from the average i see on streets.

The user you replied to is just posting some evidence that there are really qt asian existing in real life that actually resembles anime or 3d jap models desu.

I think you both missed the point of his shitpost. These are all asian mixed with something else

those girls were all mixed you tard.

It's funny because she was bullied for her whole life

Kek. Today's ideal beauty standard is already different from 1000 years ago you faggot. New generations have already mixed blood on their genes. Even if the girls on the post are not purely nips by blood, they are still right now an asian woman and regarded as the prettiest on their land.

If we are going for pure blood then this is your ideal American woman.

>New generations have already mixed blood on their genes. Even if the girls on the post are not purely nips by blood, they are still right now an asian woman and regarded as the prettiest on their land.

So basically you admit it took European genes to beautify them and that anime is emulating either white people or white-mixed asians

Japanese descend from jomon people. Naturally it's idealized in their art. I mean just look at those.

North american injuns had up to 20% europoid blood before Columbus' arrival.

Of course if thats what they think right now is the ideal beauty of a woman. The point of my post is that there are asian people already existing like that in real life.

But whites and white-mixed japanese are a very small minority in Japan, yet their features are disproportionately represented in anime and fashion (for example in Ganguro: Meant to look like tan blonde Californian girls). I think it's much easier to conclude that they see superior aesthetics in caucasians and wish to emulate it. No amount of "social norms" would make someone find something attractive when they don't. Why do blacks like white girls so much, while whites tend to not be very attracted to black girls? "Beauty standards" seems like a cop out answer when the object of beauty are people and their form and not an indefinable system (literally indefinable) that supposedly warps people's aesthetic sense at its root and THAT's why people find blonde europeans so attractive

The japanese have always historically self-depicted as white (or what we'd call white).
The concept of looking "white" isn't uniquely western.

> they see superior aesthetics in caucasians and wish to emulate it.

Yes there are some traits of caucasian that are better than any other races, for Nips it usually the eyes. But not all western aesthics are superior and Jap images of animu girl is still more asian than a caucasian. Western faces used to have larger nose and longer faces.