Finally got around to playing this game. Took me a few tries, but I killed that Katana clown and got his Uchi...

Finally got around to playing this game. Took me a few tries, but I killed that Katana clown and got his Uchi. Which weapon should I get and upgrade in the beginning? Any decent early greatswords? Currently have 15 STR, 16 DEX. Will probably bring STR to 16 and DEX to 18 because I want to use the Wolf Greatsword. I'm playing as a Knight.

How do you deal with those big knights? I just parry them till I get lucky.

I wish poise worked. Souls thread!

Demon's, Dark 1/2/3, BB Welcome.

I never parry in DS3, it doesn't do enough damage to be worth the risk, especially since you can take partial damage even if you land the parry. Devolves into R1 Souls for me.

It's what I don't like so far. I'm trying to be cautious and look for openings like in previous Souls, but the game just wants me to R1 the enemies to death, I usually back off and R2 em to death, because I like it more slow and meticulous.

>doesn't do enough damage.
That's strange, it does massive damage to those knights and that katana fag, compared to normal or even strong hits, but I still haven't upgraded my weapon, because I'm looking into something cool to invest in.

Rank them.

DaS1 > (DaS3? - pending evaluation) > DeS >= DaS2 (vanilla+SotFS) > (BB haven't played.)

BB > DaS > DeS > DaS3 >>>> shit >>>>>>>> DaS2

Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls

Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

i played them all and

BB > DS3 >= DS1 > DeS >= DS2 vanilla

didnt play SOTFS

I mean, BB is the best by very much, but i rather play DS3 on my PC because there is no way im getting used to that shitty 30fps with drops gameplay one more time.

Literally hurts my eyes.
Have to wait for a fucking emulator to play it decently.

You can get pic related early. You can easily beat this whole game with it if you'd be so inclined.

What the fuck happened to this game. I never see threads on it anymore. hell i see more threads about ds2 than ds3

This

bb > ds1 > ds3 > ds2 > des

I've played Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne, should I play DS2 or DS3 next?

>you can beat souls games easily with a type of sword

fucking

w o w
o
w

OP asked for an early greatsword you sperg.

He means, you dont need the rest, straight sword type is one fucked , all round weapon

Personally I always play quality build my first playthrough. Lightning Astora GS is pretty fun, plus it gets S scaling and the weapon skill is charge which is usually reserved for spears, so enjoy buttfucking those Lothric knights into oblivion.

What would you say is so good about BB? It looks so very different from the others. Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm getting that sweet, sweet 60 on DaS3, but my GPU is getting hotter than ever at 65 Celsius. Wonder if I should lock it to 48, because I'm a temp autist.

There isn't really much new to discuss

It's basically just a more polished DaS 1

Get your faith to 12, then get the Astora Straight Sword and make it raw. You end up 2-shotting most enemies for most of the early/mid game

>Which weapon should I get and upgrade in the beginning
Save your shards while going through the first two post-tutorial locations, they are completely doable with +0 weapons. Then start upgrading what you like. Katanas are pretty shit in DS3 with the exception of one of them and you won't get it till midgame.
>Any decent early greatswords?
You can find claymore at the high wall though it's a little tricky.
Alternatively, kill the boss of the Settlement and transform his soul into the best greatsword in the game which is so good it's literally an easy mode both in pve and pvp.
>I wish poise worked
It works, just differently. Needed more for builds utilizing weapon hyperarmor as it makes it harder to break it. Especially for greatsword builds.

you are one of the few people here that actually acknowledges that, in order to give DS3 a fair ranking, we have to wait for all of the DLC to come out

that's good

the change to the combat
somewhat faster combat and that being smartly agressive is rewarded

plus less weapons with bigger movesets and transformations are lot better than 100 weapons with a few movesets

they did everything just right apart from the optimization
fucking chinks need to learn how to code

is dark's soul part one woth playing on xbox 360?

Also, I forgot to mention it's technically an UGS while weighing only 8

pick up a Caestus to keep offhand for some ez parries

especially for some bosses like The Champ

Yes, if you've not played it

It chugs a bit in certain areas but it's great

Wtf is that image also great swords aren't great anymore. Butcher knife and dragon slayer great shield.

I hear people really love the Claymore in DaS1 due to its R2 poke. I never got to use it much on my main character, because I got lucky with the Black Knight Sword early. The Claymore is fast but it's a bit too short for me. I want something that can really compensate for my dick, you know?

I'm looking for this one I saw in a screenshot once, but only if I can get it early.

thank dude im gunna pick it up next week

BB > DS3 = DS1 = DeS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS2

I could probably rate DS1 on the same level as bb, but honestly i'm just too burned out of it after playing it for more than 1000 hours. Plus mechanically BB and DS3 are vastly superior.

>I'm looking for this one I saw in a screenshot once, but only if I can get it early.
You can get it pretty early and it's one of the best UGS in the game if not the best.

Everyone blazed through it. There's not much to talk about either. There was no amazing secrets or wondrous hidden areas. Character arcs were the most uninteresting in the series. There's too many references to Demon's and DaS so it feels like we're playing a remix version of two games we've discussed to death so why discuss it any further?

>Character arcs were the most uninteresting in the series
Holy fuck acquire some taste, it has by far the best.

that looks like the Astora greatsword

I believe you find that in the graveyard at Cathedral of the Deep. It's the Astora Greatsword.

I've played DS1 and DS3, but I never got around to playing DS2. And now that I check Steam its at like $40 or so for SOTFS. I figured that I might as well give it a shot since I've played the other ones.

Anyone have a key they don't mind sparing, or somewhere I can get it for cheaper?

Or should I just pirate it?

The only interesting one was the miracles lady.

Straight Swords are pretty broken but honestly I think their moveset and art is really fun. I feel like big weapons are really underwhelming this time around.

Sounds like a good plan. I was going to bump INT/Faith anyway, but wasn't sure if the Wolf Greatswords needs it, and the enemies are dropping Raw Gems like candy anyway.

I saw that the Uchi has some Focus mode R2 parry but I can't seem to get it down right.

Humble Bundle has SOTFS for $14 right now

Siegward, Crestfallen, Sirris, Team Londor, Anri all get far more interesting arcs than anything in DS1 and especially in DS2 with its completely static, bland NPCs.
Orbeck gives a lot of insight about Vinheim, Ludleth is an overall very interesting character as well. Fuck, even Patches opens up as a deeper character who can actually help people.

The only underwhelming weapon category is greathammers. All other classes are completely fine.

Sure, DaS1 is worth playing on any platform.

>fucking chinks need to learn how to code
Well at least the graphics are good. Some assets from DaS3 look so heavily reused that I'm not sure if I won't get the same feeling like with DeS when I played it after DaS.

I played with the Great Machete all game and it was great

had a fun moveset too, flattening niggas never gets old

scythes and whips are also really bad

>Well at least the graphics are good.

Yes if you play on a DS screen.

WHERE ARE THE TWINBLADES, FROM?

BB>DaS>DeS>the rest of the 2 are indistinguishable piles of garbage,i'm sure one stinks less but it doesn't really matter which one,so why bother ranking them

>do a Great Scythe DaS run days before DaS3 comes out
>love the weapon, dat reach and moveset and damange
>find the Scythe in the hut before the Rotted Greatwood
>try it out and it's utter shit

felt fucking bad, how did they botch it

I'm so happy there isn't any Chromatic Aberration this time around. I hate that effect so much.

I won't say that both of them bad, just mediocre.
Scythes are just highly specialized. They are pretty good against shield turtles and the only thing they really need is tons of hyperarmor on every move.
And Witch's Locks is a whip but it's a really good weapon with hilarious chip damage through shields and very large sweeps on 1hr2 that go through walls allowing you to attack unsuspecting opponents.
Greathammers though, that shit needs a huge speed up and stamina consumption decrease to ever be on a level of greataxes.

They're not awful in PvP since their reach is actually a lot bigger than their actual weapon size. It's easy to roll catch people. But in PvE its absolute garbage.

BB>DaS>DeS>Das2Sotfs>DaS3(but that's without DLC)>normal DaS2

Well better get back to the game. Thanks for the suggestions. I leave the thread to you, do as you must.

>bought this and ds2:sotfs at the same time
>started with this
>pontiff schooled me so I gave 2 a try and haven't come back

I'm afraid I'll just do worse if I go back to 3 now, but that Pontiff fucker can't be that hard