Blizzard on suicide watch

Blizzard on suicide watch.

>"blizzard is finished" says increasingly nervous man for the 7th time this month

no king rules forever my son

According to who? Some faggot crying online?

>What is the subscription numbers?
>It literally does not tell me I have no way of knowing
>It must be low even though I just said I don't know

Nice blog OP

They got the money they just lost a lot of key talent like Ghost Crawler, Pardo, Metzen, Xelnath and tons of other guys that left.

>blizzard on suicide watch
>revenue up nearly 44% YTD compared to last year

millennials gonna millennial

It's Sean Malstrom, btw. So disregard his opinion.

>Source: My ass

>implying this isn't activision's fault

Where they left to?

when will the meme that diablo 3 is dead/bad finally die? sure release diablo was aids but reaper of souls is 10/10 and fixed every issue the game had

>7 games doing positively well
>"They're doomed!"

So by proxy, companies with only 1 game out or none with one in the works are fucked?

>starcraft 2
>heroes of the storm
>doing well
lel, not even the biggest blizzdrone can say this with a straight face.

>WoW
>doing well
nobody knows anymore, but it doesn't feel like its doing so well. Late stage Draenor was on life support. Late stage legion might be in a casket.
Time will tell more on that.

It's not doing well. Blizzard doesn't release their subscription numbers for a reason.

It's not as good as it used to but it's still the biggest mmorpg

Right now I think Legion resubs are robust enough to coast on--a lot of people buy gametime with gold so they are more likely to let their sub run if they aren't spending real money (somebody else is paying $20 for them to do this, however).

Give it a few months after the first tier drops to judge--content dearth is what drives subs away.

>pardo is crucial!
>d4 mmo

Lol get out dude

Blizzard has too much money for the next few years like Nintendo. They aren't afraid of shit.

You can't argue with nostalgiafags

>nobody knows anymore, but it doesn't feel like its doing so well

When I am doing world quests, I see more people from my realm at a single location than I did throughout the entirety of WoD from all realms in my group, excluding the outsides of raids and Kazzak..

>Overwatch Amiibos

FUCKING WHEN

>BLIZZARD IS FINISHED
>ALL THEIR GAMES ARE DONE
>except for overwatch
?

>he didnt buy activision blizzard stock

Lmaoing at your life

>someone born in the 1980s is as much a millenial as someone born in the 2000s
Check my 6 loser

Subs have dropped but the people that keep playing waste money of server transfers, level boosts, mounts and cosmetics. The income stays the same.

And even if WoW alone doesn't bring Blizzard as much money as in the past, Hearthstone and Overwatch bring a ton from packs and boxes. It's insane how people waste money on that shit. As bad as people say Diablo 3 is, it's currently the only Blizzard game that I play (and actually like). No shitty ingame shop so far (at least for the west, I heard asia got some, or there were plans to do so). People laugh that Diablo 3 is a game that people return to only when new season hits, but it's still good 2-4 weeks of heavy grind before I get bored, and I return every time, sounds good enough for me.

what a retard, even with lower numbers, WoW is their money printing machine.

>Diablo MMO
Hey retard, that's already WoW, it has ridiculous focus on gear, and the game clearly took clues from Diablo with gems, classes and whatnot.

Diablo 3 was a shit game but sold well.

Didn't Legion sell 3.3 mil copies in just 2 days? And Overwatch is probably their most successful new game this decade. A lot of key people left but that was probably because of inter-company politics or they got better offers elsewhere.

>with gems, classes and whatnot
Legion is literally Diablo 3. Welfare legendary items have unique bonuses like D3 legendaries, world quests work like D3 bounties, they apparently added a copy of D3 goblin (kill it before it escapes through the portal and shit) etc.

it's shit

you still can't play how you want. too many restrictions. Plus Path of Exile is FREE and so is its expansion.

You still post that outdated pic.

Even hots, their least successful game, is only half of DotA 2's numbers. Blizzard ain't dying anytime soon.

I'm not sure that should be a point in its favor considering LoL released some numbers earlier this week about them having 100mil players.

>Still wrong and retarded

FUCK YOU!
>You fat greaseball peice of shit

All i can offer youbis a big fat fuck you

>>fuck youuuu

>that pic
autism in its unadulterated form

If any of the rumors about an updated HD version of Diablo 2 and WC3 are true they're about to make a lot of money again.

If they were high, why would Blizzard hide them?

no they aren't. HD remakes always fuck SOMETHING up over the original game. if they do an HD uplift of either title, one of their QoL changes will fuck the original up. sfx, even gfx/animation, generall cleaning up of the menu will fuck it up, market my fucking word

Reaper of Souls was "good" in the sense that it made Diablo 3 playable, not that it prevented Diablo 3 from happening the way that it did.

>he's concerned about metzen leaving and not the fact that 2 biggest shareholders, including Kotick, just sold half of their shares a month ago
Devs leave all the time, ex-blizzard employees are nothing by themselves.

>D3 sold 30 million
>franchise dying

What.

Yeah and No Man's Sky sold millions, follow the logic.

Both are successful projects from the financial standpoint

And an uncertainty in the long term, does Blizzard think a Diablo 4 would sell as well as Diablo 3 after how badly its launch was fucked?

He then went on to say "The Wii U will be Nintendo's last console" after previously saying the same about the Wii, and the GameCube years earlier

Both the console version and RoS sold pretty well, despite the launch that was fixed like in 2 days. You'd be surprised but most people don't know about tortanic memes and not really interested in them anyway. Cred Forums is one of the few places that thinks that D3 and TOR failed because some people made threads about Stanley Woo and posted MSpaint comics.

The console version lauched way later, and sold even more, D4 will probably sell even more.

When people say something is dead, they don't mean it made $0 or currently has 0 players. Diablo 3 sold 12 million copies because it was a fucking con from the premise of being a long awaited Diablo sequel, being a Blizzard game, and generally sold from pure hype and word of mouth. People gave their money to Blizzard before anyone had a chance to play it. The game was already in the state of danger and regret not even 7 days after its release.

What a good game will do is start with good gameplay mechanics as a foundation then start adding extra crap like cosmetics and microtransactions, whether you like them or not, later.

Diablo 3's shit was a result of Suits forcing their bright idea of an auction house to make money as the most important aspect into the game then building else everything around it.

If D4 is designed properly then I'm sure it will be decent. Inb4 nostolgiafags saying it will be shit because they have fond memories of d2 LAN parties and hot pockets when they were 13

Well, can you play Diablo 3 single player without an active internet connection yet? I haven't played Diablo 3 because of that. I have satellite internet and it's shit. I just want to continue the story. I don't care about multiplayer.

Game already sold around 5 mil in the first week(including pre-orders).

If(a really big if) Blizzard manages to keep content flowing for 6-8 months, every cautious player who regretted playing WoD will come back.

>I just want to continue the story.
You aint missing much. Every single Blizzard game in the past decade has had a cliche hollywood story.

Hots will have a tournament with a 1 mil prize pool at Blizzcon and the game esports scene has been on the rise for the last 6 months. Its development team is also around 150 people and it doesnt looks like they are going to stop anytime soon with it updates.

Starcraft 2 is dead as fuck though. It died just before the zerg expansion.

You can't, and the story is absolute dogshit. Thankfully RoS added adventure mode so you don't have to deal with any quests and story bits ever again after clearing campaign once.

it will be shit because blizzard can't make a decent game to save their shitty asses

Why would anyone want to follow Diablo's story? Its the weakest story in all Blizzard games and everyone knows other games have shit stories too.