Thoughts on Loot Crates/Nerd Blocks?

Anyone buy them? Are they worth it? Stupid? Cool? Thoughts in general?

Unboxing video bait for YouTubers out of ideas. Maybe fun if you just like getting mail. Don't really get humble monthly, who is it for? New people don't seem like theyd even find it, savvy consumers already have what they want in the bundles

WHEN'S THIS FAT FUCK GONNA DIE ALREADY???

I seriously hope people don't spend their own money on this.

Shut the hell up you fucking hater! It's because of people like you that hecan't find the strengh to lose weight!

Don't change a thing Boogie! You are beautiful like you are!

They're boxes full of worthless plastic tchotchkes just so you can feel like a real nerd by having toys on your shelf instead of just enjoying whatever games/movies/comics the garbage is based on.

Don't you fucking dare, OP.

Boogie needs serious intervention, but he'll never get it because he is surrounded by enablers and he shuts down if anyone criticizes his health/weight. He goes into full "haters gonna hate", "I've heard it all before", "no one knows how hard i try to lose weight but me", "i do everything possible", "you think you know better than my doctors that say its okay" mode.

His wife quit working for walmart corporate so she could work for him, supposedly as a type of assistant/social media manager, and is paid from his patreon. However, he still says its impossible to contact him and he cant read all his emails.

He says his doctor says he can have 2 cans (24 total ounces) of diet soda a day, which he says he drinks to get the caffeine since he doesnt like tea or coffee. Then he constantly drinks "Clear American Pineapple Coconut Sparkling Water". Google it, it is basically diet soda without coloring. When asked on stream he always says it is "water" or "sparkling water" or "flavored water".

He says shit like "im doing everything i can to lose weight" but then says shit about eating sweets or "treating himself" or "cheat day". A cheat day might be okay if your 50lb overweight, but not when youre 300+lb overweight.

Sometimes during his stream someone will donate $5 and say "my bnet is faggert#1234, id love to play a round of overwatch with you" which gets the "sorry, i cant add someone just cause they donate". Except for when someone like diesel or thwacky drops 2k, then its "lets get you added right away and im going to prioritize playing with you, oh and lets chat on skype too, best buddy".

Inflatable fucking crown

I had it for a few months a few years ago.

It's a mix of "stuff we couldn't sell" and a handful of original things, but unless you're REALLY hurting for trinkets, you're not missing anything.

>here, YOU throw this away

its pretty much a commiercial for the company that sells the loot crates. The youtuber usually gets it for free and opens it up and acts all pumped for the shit they get. They then say were they got the box like 5 times during the video. people who want the shit then click over and buy it. All while fitting into this weird "unboxing" thing youtube likes doing.

It's a McDonald's happy meal for grown ups. Shitty trinkets you will forget about 5 minutes after unboxing.

Honestly the only thing I like out of this crap are the shirts. Is there like a cheaper just gaming/need shirt service?

Yeah and its all the youtubers and shit getting the great boxes that you "randomly" have a chance to receive yourself. It's basically the lotto where you get shit and have even less of a chance of getting something nice/useful.

Just fucking buy shirts you actually would wear, If you really need that fucking random element check out meatbun they sell pack of random shirts from their collection, I'd link you but their website appears to be down but all their shit is on amazon too just not the random shirt thing.

I can barely display all the stuff I care about without subscribing to random, entry-level, flavour of the month pleb shit and turning my house into the set of Big Bang Theory. I could take that 20-30 a month and put it towards something halfway decent like a figma or a vinyl record. I know like two people who get loot crates and they're exactly the kind of person you'd think they are.

Who uses a box cutter like that?

FUCKING
INFLATABLE
FUCKING
CROWN

I don't understand, Boogie blows so much money on merchandise, he keeps buying all these different Loot Crates and only a small percentage of the crap he buys ends up on display behind him, and even the stuff he does display are just cheap crap like that plastic looking Pipboy from that collector's edition of FO4 and ugly Funko Pops. Why not just pool that money together instead to buy a few quality items instead of flooding your house with crap?

Fucking pleeb... true collectors buy the whole shipping box and keep it sealed. Only way to retain value.

He's sponsored by them. The fat fuck is desperate for sheckles. The only "big" one who gives legit reviews is Ashens and it's kinda sad that a guy like him, who's into shitty figures and "nerd culture" shits on nearly every box.

But he still finds the strength to lift big Macs into his mouth

For one, i dont think he pays for them, or if he does, lootcrate just takes it out of his commission.

Second, boogie got issues. He gets a rush when he opens shit. Its why he has spent about 2k on pokemon cards since pokemon go came out. Most of which just go put into boxes, barely played.

Waste
of
Space

at least he tries

>cheap socks
>mediocre mash-two-IPs-together tees
>cheap super-deformed vinyl figures that you see below the counter in gamestop
>con freebie leftover shit like keychains
>blatant promotional items
>fucking stickers

These people are paying for the dopamine rush of opening a mystery gift; the actual contents only need to be barely passable and the providers know it.

same reason he is fat

he consumes like a good goy (sponsorship)

and teaches others to do the same

>so there's this new youtube shit happening
>yeah if you're edgy you won't get money
>as you know, me and youtube understand each other
>i have nothing to worry about
>even if i didn't get paid i'd never stop making vids

... 1 day later while he's on vacation

>ok guys vacation ruined
>i got triggered and hit my wife
>apparently my fwancis videos are full of violence
>fuck

... fast forward a week

>ok so seems like youtube has cooled down
>i love you guys
>more vids on the way

You have to applaud Youtube's cunning.

Is that Boogie? How is it possible to even get fatter? His heart will probably give out in 5 years give or take.

hey i do some of those mash tees! good money....

From what I've been reading a lot of the stuff these youtubers get in unboxing videos they just trade or give to fans if they don't want the stuff themselves.

I the only ones I get are for my dog. Pretty cute stuff, snacks, portable bowls, toys, etc.

I don't really want to buy any other box because they all seem pretty cringy.

Objectively speaking, the only people who would want "assorted nerd items" are phonies with no actual interests.

How hard is it to pick a thing at random and buy stuff with that theme? Not that I'm advising buying cringe nerd shit, but for fuck's sake how lazy can you be?

He has a couple good videos, but if he's such a shitty person why do you follow him on all platforms

im half as big and swear i'm on the way out already

he's already dead as far as im concerned

A youtuber was "lucky" enough to land the Legendary crate? What are the chances!?

They are the most comically fucking stupid thing from a value standpoint, but from a marketing standpoint it's brilliant. They are youtuber bait and faux-geek bait perfected, it's literally a box of cheap random garbage you'd NEVER buy on its own, but all combined in a random crate it's acceptable enough to satisfy stupid people.

If you pay money for this random garbage that could be shit/not from any game/movie you care about at all you are a fucking idiot.

>pop culture mash ups

Why? It's not cool, clever or unique and just reeks of trying so hard to pander to "IM SUCH A NERD LOL" people. The best example of this garbage that comes to mind was some Legend of Zelda/Star Wars mash up tee included in one of these subscription boxes that only came to be because they realized they could change "Use the Force" to "Use the Tri-Force".

>box was supposed to come in on the 10th
>its the fucking 16th

MTB

WHERE ARE YOU

>that look on his face
>duhh not only do i get the crate
>but i also get the views from plebs!

how about a swift stroke

You're preaching to the choir my man.

Boogie is a piece of shit and if you watch him or like him you're a gigantic faggot and almost 100% beta that's probably a fat fuck as well

I sometimes get the anime loot crate. It's okay, I guess. The regular loot crates are pretty hit and miss. Some are crap, and sometimes you get a cool figure. Usually junk though.

In the anime crates, usually you just get funky looking shirts and volume 1 of some manga. (Buy the other volumes with more shekels.) It all depends on the theme of the crate. So far, it's been a bunch of weird stuff. Like this one Fullmetal alchemist rug that has the transmutation symbol on it. That shit has to go. I swear to god the thing summoned a Succubus into my house.

I don't really need random trinkets and cheap cotton t-shirts.
The Cheese of the Month club is the only product subscription I've ever found to be worthwhile. I like trying new cheeses from around the world.

yes, loot tees. just shirts.
or hell, ebay.

>6 loot crate threads in just the last day

YOU ARE SO FUCKING OBVIOUS AND TO TOP IT OFF NOW YOU THROW IN INTERNET CELEB SHIT.

F U C K O F F M A R K E T E R S.

im in a jerky of the month club. its brety gud.

Pretty much this. Quick paycheck for youtubers.

>being so loaded you don't even have to fuck your own wife

Loot crate has some good shit in it but a lot of it is "US GAMERS XD" crap.

It's kind of like a gamble, I guess.

seriously why do people give this globally rotund sperg attention

We really need hiro to bring back the report advertising choice, way too many shills on Cred Forums now, at least with mootberg gone something can be done about them.

If by that you mean that the house always wins, then yes, its like a gamble.

There's some good shirts and figures in there my man.

I always thought this was exactly how this worked. Like giving someone twenty bucks or however much shit shit is a month and saying "Go buy me cheap nerdy shit." —Because that's what it is. It's the clearance shit that they couldn't sell anyways, so these companies pick it up for dirt cheap after the promotions, box it together and fleece idiots with it.

How shallow is your life and the things you keep in it if you're paying someone else to fill it with things? If you don't have the inclination to actually track down merch associated with your hobbies and buy it because it means something to you, maybe you shouldn't be making that part of your life.

It's pedestrian. It's facebook. Seeing pictures of serious fans online, and they had a shitload of merch around them, obviously true fandom is measured by the number of things you have, right? If you can just have N+1 nerd things and show everyone, you too can feel like you're not a empty void of a human.

I've never seen anything in them that wasn't a shitty t-shirt or a toy.
I want neither.

He doesn't eat burgers. He said himself that he hates the way they taste.

>McWhopper Video

his response to the video states the very thing I said above

I laughed

Those both seem pretty great.

That does sound good. Cheese and Jerky is a rad combination.

at least on reddit you have to spend several hundred dollars on high karma accounts to seem reasonable when you are shilling. any ol retard free of charge can do it here.

youtube sponsorship bait

their contents are always underwhelming geek meme shit

only for fucking geeks

Times I've seen a lootcrate advertised
>lost fucking count
Lootcrates Purchased
>Zero

Why would I ever want any of that aliexpress garbage?