Is Other M better than MGSV?

Do you agree, with him, Cred Forums?

Fuck no.

Other M failed in absolutely every fashion possible.

MGSV was just a disappointing "ending" due to cut content and an over reliance on padding via side missions that blended together despite good core gameplay.

No.

Who is that and why should I care about a rando Tweet?

>le who post an opinion on twitter
>QUICK I BETTER SHOW THIS TO Cred Forums LOL

I posted this because I watch his videos a lot, and I think he's a cool guy. I just randomly found this on his Twitter and thought it was...questionable to say the least. Just wanted to ask you guys.

>Is Other M better than MGSV?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think not even on a alternate reality.

Yes Other M is that bad.

at least other M is complete

>MGSV is worse than Other M
Who could unironically believe this

No. MGSV was disappointing but at least it was actually fun for a while, other m was a complete slog and boring to play on top of being a huge disappointment.

He's not wrong. Other M gets so much hate because Metroidfags are so autismal they overbown everything to the max.
On the flip side, MGSV is putrid shit and yet kojimadrones eat it up. It's like total opposites.

Neither is a video game. They have WAY too much focus on story and graphics and voice acting, when the only thing that should be allowed is gameplay.

Kindly take your movies back to Cred Forums.

Fuck no.

Other M is pure garbage.

Did you just state that MGSV, the game lambasted on Cred Forums and most of the internet for having nowhere near enough story or theatrics, had too much story?

This comparison is stupid. Please delete this post and try again.

>MGSV
>Focused on story

No, people actually wanted more mgsv, the disappointment comes because there's not enough

Hell no.
MGSV may have been incomplete, and a shitty Metal Gear game, but I at least had fun with TPPs gameplay.

>Both games completely shit all over the story of the entire series
>Other M is pile of shit gameplay wise
>MGSV, while extremely repetitive, has great gameplay

Anyone who would unironically say Other M should off themselves

I actually know and like this guy, but that’s one retarded opinion and it doesn't deserve a thread. As someone who's been playing replaying every MGS obsessively for about 15 years, the MGSV hate gets exaggerated to hell and back. It’s the weakest entry for a lot of reasons, but it's still a solid game I put about 175 hours into. That's mkre time than I got out of MGS4. I won’t replay V annually like the others, but it wasn't an abomination.

>it's a twitter screencap episode
Sage goes in all fields.

>Caring about what some random attention-whoring e-celeb thinks.
Other M is garbage. MGSV is just unfinished.

MGSV has over 5 hours of cinematics, not taking into context the times when you have to listen to cringeworthy dialogue. That's way too much. MGS fans are used to the games having around 10-50 hours of cinematics, so of course they think it doesn't have enough story.

Pic related explains the argument.

I agree. It's complete garbage.

MGSV is also a 30+ hour game.
So, gameplay is clearly the main point.
Fuck off, AC-fag.

That's a completely bullshit argument though
Just because completely gameplay focused games get hundreds of hours of gameplay, that means games with lots of cutscenes and also hundreds of hours of gameplay are suddenly shit?

There are opinions and then there are retarded motherfuckers and this is one retarded motherfucker.

There's been 3 MGSV threads up today already

Other M practically doesn't exist

Most of the Internet has or is beginning to forgive TPP

>inb4 IM STILL MAD FUCK YOU AHH

I don't care piss off

>that pic

Did Cred Forums shit on your favorite walking simulator, again?

Yes, they are "shit". Why? Let me ask you this:

If the gameplay in Metal Gear was so good, then you could remove the entire story and the game would still be good, wouldn't it? After all, if you remove the story in Mario, it doesn't become less fun. Same with Contra or Gradius.

Yet people say that MGSV sucks because there's "not enough story"? Should that even matter? The game should be good whether the story is there or not.

Basically all you gotta do is look at it this way.

Kojima didn't stop talking to people. Kojima didn't retreat back into the minigame ghetto with his tail between his legs.

>him

Other M isn't better than anything, it's literally the bottom of the barrel

No.

Charlie going full retard.

I love this guy but he seems to irrationally hate mgsv

It really isn't saying much considering they're both piles of shit. The only difference is the smell.

fuck off ACfag

Nah. I think even on a storytelling basis, TPP is better. That's not a compliment, Other M is just that bad.

And it is.
MGS5 is a good game even without the story. There's tons of side content to play through and weapons to collect.
What even is yor point?

I hate Phantom Pain and could shit on it endlessly, but that's fucking absurd.

Other M was a DISASTER that probably killed the entire Metroid franchise. No one liked it. Not fans. Not newcomers. No one.

>you could remove the entire story and the game would still be good, wouldn't it
That's literally not how it works. Games are an experience, they are art. Taking away one significant portion can ruin the entire flavor. The same way without Nostalgia that SM64 is dated as fuck, and with all the previous 100+ mario games, the new ones aren't special.

You're beyond autistic, I hope my reply can save you before you embarrass yourself in public.

>and it is

The thread is arguing otherwise.

>MGS sucks!
>it has too much gameplay! I want the story
>I don't want less story, I need more cutscenes and plot!

Not a single person is content with the gameplay. They want more story, as if that should be important in any capacity. I mean come on. People are actually saying that MGS is too "videogamey" as if that's a bad thing.

>Games are an experience, they are art.
Stopped reading there.

This "Other M's gameplay was bad" meme needs to die.
It had a shit story get over it.

People aren't just mad that there's not enough story, it's that what's there is shit. And considering it's a sequel in a series well-known for its story, then it's obviously going to get shit on.

But it's still a good game because of the gameplay mechanics.

This argument is still retarded though. You can't just remove the story and context to a game. It's part of the experience.

Uh, no. All of these guys enjoyed the gameplay.

fuck off ACfag

Yes the gameplay was bad
>Every enemy encounter comes down to dodging predictably easy charges toward you and then firing off a charged shot.
>Have to stand still to fire missiles, leave your gaping anus wide open to attacks for no reason
>Those fucking stupid pixel hunts
>Those stupid segments where you could only walk because ?????

>Good gameplay
>I cannot use this power-up that may benefit me until my creator's self-insert authorizes it
Fuck off.

>People aren't just mad that there's not enough story, it's that what's there is shit. And considering it's a sequel in a series well-known for its story, then it's obviously going to get shit on.
Why does that matter? Even if the story is balls to the wall terrible, the gameplay can always redeem it no matter what. That is, until it starts negatively impacting the gameplay, like with unskippable cutscenes.

>But it's still a good game because of the gameplay mechanics.
Considering that you can't go 5 seconds without listening to story or dialogue or needless exposition, I wouldn't say that.

>You can't just remove the story and context to a game. It's part of the experience.
Then your game is terrible if you can't do that. A good game could be nothing but pixels against a black background, but if it's amazingly designed, it doesn't need a story. I swear, did anyone here ever grow up with an Atari or Intellivision? That was the prime foundation for home consoles.

They all complain about the story, which tells me that they don't care enough about the gameplay. So I can't take them seriously.

MGSV has bad gameplay.
It has a barren open world, repetitive missions and a lot of grind.