So why do they still put Phoenix Wright in the title, instead of just Ace Attorney?

So why do they still put Phoenix Wright in the title, instead of just Ace Attorney?
It's not exactly his story anymore

Because Capcom doesn't think it'll sell in the west unless they can plaster Phoenix on as much stuff as possible.

'Cause it won't sell otherwise

Phoenix Wright is a brand name more than anything else

If you suddenly called it something like Apollo Justice (Oh wait, they did) then it'll sell poorly 'cause people won't even know it's related to the PW franchise

lo and behold, Apollo's game sold the worse

It's not even the worst game, JFA is

because Capcom thinks gaijins are fucking stupid

Can I emulate this shit yet?

Because no one in the West calls it "Ace Attorney", everyone here refers to it as "Phoenix Wright 1, Phoenix Wright 2" etc.

Unlike in Japan where they call it Gyakuten Saiban

>thinks
more like "knows"

What kind of people do you talk to?
Everyone I know refers to it as AA 1-3
Then AJ, DD, and Investigations

>lo and behold, Apollo's game sold the worse

Are you retarded?

That's even more ridiculous because there's not even a consistent labeling standard there

Are you?

Well who's name do you want it to be there instead?

Americans love complicated title

I think it should just be Ace Attorney,and instead of Phoenix pointing, it should be all three of them pointing together

Huh, this makes me happy, I always thought it sold poorly.

people should call it AA6, not SJ or some shit

>tfw The Great Ace Attorney was never localized

Ouch, those are some low sales for AA6.
Though, it probably was a lower budget title than AA5, so it doesn't matter that much.

Because the games are mostly known and marketed as Phoenix Wright. Why the fuck do you think games without Nick aren't localized?

That's what they did in Japan

The localization names are stupid

Ace Attorney Investigations 1 was localized

And that was the last non PW game that Capcom ever localized.

and 2 canceled

You just validated me, you know.

>tfw we're screwed when Capcom finally gives up Phoenix as a main character

Is the avoid acting bad enough to need an undub? i dont really care if they scream HOLD IT or MATTA I just want it to sound good.

Aoi Yuuki for Maya is a strong argument for undub though

Yeah and the 2 non-Phoenix games after it weren't

DGS guy here, just done with the last case.
I must say, all the rants about DGS was sort of good to me because the game betrayed my expectations as they were sort of low (JFA style).

As stated in the previous threads, DGS is a bit of a mixed bag, or rather, it is a different beast by itself.
Takumi Shuu tried to give a more theatrical approach, with a huge emphasis on the screenplay, which is great because Ryuunosuke got the most natural AND meaningful character development among every GS character to date, even more than Phoenix with the original trilogy. But as result, the game has way more focus on character interactions and dialogues, meaning that you have less stuff to do with the investigations and trials.

Because of this, I think GDS should be considered differently, similarly how AAI shouldn't exactly be considered the same way as any other AA for obvious reasons.

In a nutshell:
+Excellent main characters (Ryuu has a fantastic character development, Asougi and Susato are probably the best assistants, Sherlock and Iris are good sidekicks/support)
+Fantastic screenplay (lots of camera work and details, good use of multiple witnesses, characters facing towards the characters they talk to etc)
+Godlike OST (Ryuu, Asougi themes + Straying, Court disorder, Objection, Pursuit are all time favorite for me)
+Lively characters all around (animations are really numerous. More than AA5 and AA6)

-Many sequences are a drag (case 2 and case 4 are dragged for no damn reason, case 5 is "half" guilty of that)
-Most cases are too easy or too "tame". So less satisfying when you realize what the shit happened
-Not conclusive

Overall, I'd say it is still inferior to the best games (AAI2 and AA3) but superior to trash like JAF and AJ. Pretty much on par with AA5 and AA6 imho.

>Miles Edgeworth 1 comes out
>A shit game sells like shit what a surprise
>Oh, I guess they only want Phoenix games better not localize anything else

Fuckin Capcom give me DGS and MEI2

By the way, for those who have played DGS or watched the videos, any of you figured out the following points? Unless I missed something, those look like missing plot points

Case 1: Jezail Brett's fate. The game implied the case had to be handled by the British empire in the end, so there is absolutely nothing that indicate what happened to her. We don't even know her motive for the crime

Case 2: did Sherlock mention why he was on the boat to begin with?

Case 3: who were the actual accomplices who tempered the omnibus?

Case 4: There was a scene with a hamlet looking faggot and a yellow clothed man, but they weren't even presented as witnesses

Case 5: Van Zieks past is not explained whatsoever. He didn't act as a prosecutor for 5 years, and has an obvious hatred towards nips. What gives?

So, what exactly happened to Sherlock after the surgery? They keep saying he is asleep, but he could meet Susato as some point. Did he feign all of that? If so, why? Doesn't make much sense

GDI, I really hope capcom won't drop DGS even if the first game bombed. The game obviously was meant to be a spin off series, but ending on that note would be criminial.

Apollo Justice was riding on the Trilogy. Sold 250,000 on its first week in Japan.
Doubt they could replicate that again

>Half of the characters in the cover are in low res

Shit, that's not in the actual cover, right?

They're trying to increase sales for a game that's going to bomb anyway since they're retarded and made it digital only on a platform that's easy to pirate on.

>tfw played a fan translation of the 2nd AAI
>it's arguably the best AA in the entire series

>"I know things have been hard for you, Horn Head. We both lost our fathers. But m-maybe we can help each other f-feel better..."

>JFA worse than AJ
get the fuck out. 2-4 more than makes up for the rest of the game. AJ has no good cases

They charged more for it, I believe. Plus it only just came out so sales will continue trickling in.

If I remember correctly Dual Destinies was like $30, but AJ6 was $40.

JFA is garbage senpai

Replay 2-4 and say that again. (I'll concede the rest is)

>Digital only means less sales

Why? Do people really care so much about physical copies? What's the deal with this mentality?

This pretty much

They are, though.

>Plus it only just came out so sales will continue trickling in
not in Japan

You better play AAI2 or I'm going to bully you.

>tfw didn't know what AA was
>tfw high school
>tfw friend lent me his DS and flashcard with pirated games on it
>AA3 was on it
>played through the whole thing
>was confused about some characters
>realize I played the climax in a trilogy

I will never enjoy AA3 like most people did

only AA game I haven't played is Apollo Justice
I heard Inafune forced Takumi to make Phoenix appear in game and it broke whole story and his character.

I don't like digital from Nintendo because of my 3DS gets fucked I'm shit out of luck.

Their no account history thing is fucking retarded when it comes to digital downloads, especially since the framework is already there with the Miiverse accounts.

Also a visual novel like AA is better off physical cause you can share it with someone or sell it since there is little replay value.

Phoenix lost his job because he used forged evidence in a case, although he wasn't aware that it was forged.

He lost his job and broke into depression, becoming a lousy pianist at a bar and adopted Trucy because he had no hope left in his life until Edgeworth pulled some strings to get his job, and his passion back.

To be honest, it's probably the most realistic portrayal of anything in the AA series. A lot of people shit on AJ but that was the realist thing ever.

>Also a visual novel like AA is better off physical cause you can share it with someone or sell it since there is little replay value.

Good point

Nick looks better as a hobo tbqh.

>and broke into depression
Except he didn't.
He was also hit with a reset hammer.

Does Spirit of Justice have a DLC case? When should I play it?

>Except he didn't.
What makes you say this?

It does, it's not out in the West yet though.

Play it after you finish the game, as it's the last, chronologically

A small amount of sales are from people seeing it on store shelves, going "oh it's that objection guy" or "why not, I have nothing better to do" and then impulse buying it. In addition there's also some sales loss due to people being physically incapable of purchasing it online due to the standard memory that comes with the 3ds being shit.

>it's not out in the West yet though.

For piratebros, it is

There's a short case out right now
Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney
Next week it will be Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney
And at the end of the month will be Turnabout Time Travler

AJ has the best first case in the series and then its mostly downhill from there.

>close sales numbers for Investigations in Japan and NA
>we still didn't get the sequel