Nioh beta feedback

Today at TGS they talked over the points they are focused on for the final product. They ensured people they want to keep the game hard and will not sacrifice that vision.

Rebalancing to ensure game difficulty is hard but not artificially hard
Adjust levelling up parameters to ensure game doesn’t get too easy too fast
Improve the UI, it’s still too hard to use in several parts
Bows and Guns will use TPS controls. L to aim, R2 to shoot, etc.
Add in more samurai skills, particularly adding more options to how to knock down an enemies Ki so players can come up with more original ways to play
Fixing enemy knock back, chase AI, group AI, etc.
Adjusting weight of armor, right now if it’s too heavy it’s just plain unusable
In twilight stages the bosses will no longer have small enemies added it’ll just be a much harder boss with new motions as well (YAY!)
Fixing issue on falling off cliffs, etc. as that was not supposed to be severe but was
Rebalancing enemy attacks (some weak looking guys hit hard, some big guys hit light so they will fix that)
Expand items pouch from 200 to 500
Fix item drop rare so you stop getting TONS of crap you don’t need
Fix reforging, it was too easy to make a god weapon and that robbed players from being able to enjoy progression and difficulty
Adjust remnant rules for drops as it was too easy to get overpowered items in the beta
Item that will let players respec their character (YAY!)
Better UI
More Tutorials
Fix camera behaviour in areas of inclines or tight spots it did not react well
Improve enemy AI for handling co-op
Let players skip boss kill cut-scenes in co-op
Allow payers to turn the auto camera movement ON or OFF
Make sure no frame rate dips

source: gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/150475717907/tgs-nioh-balancing-toward-final-product

gameplay from tgs: youtube.com/watch?v=eD24Ebu8rW4

Sounds good. Day 1 for me still.

i think im going to wait a few weeks after it comes out. I have high hopes for this game though

>Adjust remnant rules for drops as it was too easy to get overpowered items in the beta

Eh, why not just have them invade or some shit rather than just fight them. At that point there would be no reason to fight them

>adjusting falling off cliffs
I wonder if they're talking about the bats in the cave level here and making it harder to fall off.
Or if they're talking about just reducing fall damage in general.

I thought the fall damage system was really clever, if you fall on your face (i.e. get knocked off a cliff) you take a lot of damage while if you land on your feet you take much less.
Means you can really use the cliffs to your advantage.
Knocking people off cliffs or off rooftops is just a ton of fun and really effective.
Because the player generally obeys the same rules as other humans it means if they change something for the player, it will happen to NPCs too.
Would hate if they made knocking people off cliffs less effective because some players had too much trouble with it.

Same as how when they changed the "out of breath" stamina thing from alpha to beta really changed the group fighting dynamics since enemies couldn't put themselves out of breath anymore.

The question is did they take into factor the most important request: the ability to play as a cute girl

> didn't mention pc version

never ever forever

>more way to get points
>armor weight adjustment
>new moves for twilight bosses
>bigger item box
>respeccing
Awesome. The only things I'm iffy on are the drop rate adjustment and reforming. I hated the clutter too but it was easy free amarita with offerings, I never used reforging in the beta so I don't know about making broken weapons, I hope it doesn't become some way of the samurai stats autism, that shit has always sucked.

If that were to happen they wouldn't announce it at TGS.
Most of the big JP publishers block their steam releases from being bought in Japan, including Koei Tecmo (One Piece, AoT, DW8 complete edition are all blocked for Japanese users on steam)

>Adjust remnant rules for drops as it was too easy to get overpowered items in the beta

I'm guessing that means no more purple Raikiris with A Spirit scaling.

>In twilight stages the bosses will no longer have small enemies added it’ll just be a much harder boss with new motions as well
My only complaint from the Beta. I'm glad they will fix it, that shit reminded me of DaS2

I'm still convinced that people who thought the alpha/beta was overly difficult didn't use blocking, guardian spirit, ki pulsing/stance switching, pay attention to enemy stamina etc
If you actually use the tools they give you the difficulty is pretty manageable, but too many just see the immediate souls similarities then ignore all the tutorial prompts and get shocked when their skills learned from souls don't translate 1 to 1.

New Beta demo when?
I fucking need my Nioh fix man, I fucking need it now!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>didn't use blocking, guardian spirit, ki pulsing/stance switching, pay attention to enemy stamina etc
Holy shit you want someone who just started playing a game to use all its mechanics flawlessly 2 areas in?

>they listening to the twilight boss thing

BASED
FUCKING BASED

goty 2017

hopefully they will release a gamma demo a month before the game comes out

you don't need to use them flawlessly, you just need to pay attention to the tutorial prompts explaining them.
blocking is really good and really forgiving, it blocks 360 degrees, its instant and it doesn't take all that much stamina if you use mid stance and have a bit of armor.
living weapon too, you activate it with two buttons and you can basically mash like hell while being immortal for its duration.

But instead they butt heads with the first boss and die 40 times because they try to play it exactly like DS3.

>Bows and Guns will use TPS controls. L to aim, R2 to shoot, etc.

Good.
Thats how it was in the Alpha, and i realize that was changed to accomodate for the extra shortcuts, but the layout they were using was pretty bad.

I tried to play it like Nioh and still died 30 times to Hino-chan

but what about the teahouse?

no idea dude.Also anyone think a boss rush mode would be a good idea for this game?

Since they are addressing Co Op issues will they finally fix not being able to use shrines while in Co Op?
Or is that actually a design choice
Also the respec item is a fucking godsend

Seemed like a design choice to me. Maybe you could earn another use after defeating so many enemies or something like that.

What's the name of that lightning boss from the sub-mission by the way? I beat both the levels but he fucked my shit up good.

Im glad they are listening

>no frame rate dips

could that imply they are trying to achieve 1080p 60fps on the regular ps4?

Is there going to be actual PvP?

FUCK YES

Probably some sort of PvP element since there is a few grayed out options in the tori gate co op menu
They seem to be keeping online features that we dont already know under wraps

>no signs of durability making a return
noice

Is coop going to require PS+ in the final version?

yeah probably

When will they reveal the $99 swimsuit DLC for William?

mark of the conqueror will probably give us that skin

Game is not anymore difficult than a souls game. And has features that keep it apart from being a clone.

I did not find either demo difficult. Learn how to utilize ki pulse, do not get into multiple enemy skirmishes. Basically don't play like a retard.

They do need to fix the online though, it's much improved over the alpha but still laggy as fuck. I have a 350mb download so it's not my net. But I could be matched up with some Brazilians or some shit.

Day 1 purchase for me though, highly enjoyed it.

I want to play the game as a Kodama.

so how many times did you die in the alpha

so do i

Honestly dude maybe low double digits like 10-15. I am not trying to say I am a pro either.

The big demon dudes fucked me up in the beginning. But I learned their patterns and it was much easier.

The slave ship boss killed me a few times, but his pattern is super easy. Literally run towards him he will slam his iron balls down. Roll to his back slice a few times, rinse and repeat. Then he will do his dives and other easily distinguished choreographed attacks after.

It's trial and error like anything else. I just never understand the disdain people have for games that do not hold their hand.

Thank fuck for the thing about Bosses during Twilight. This means they probably really read my feedback and I feel good about that :3

people dont like killing the same dudes over and over again until they push through . so they givee up