Before mod deletes this thread for offtopic I'd like to say the reasoning behind it because I understand how ironic it...

Before mod deletes this thread for offtopic I'd like to say the reasoning behind it because I understand how ironic it is to make a offtopic thread for the sake of not making the ones.

During recent events, us, users, have been asked to make our own set of rules and ideas everyone can follow so it doesn't become Cred Forums-tier shithole.

Just deleting non-vidya threads is NOT enough to establish proper moderation upon this board. Users can simply bypass this by making a slight video game reference for the purpose of cancerous content, so said threads won't be deleted for a long time before mods actually jump into individual threads to see what kind of shit is going on.

I'll suggest some red-flag references that lead to cancerous content.

>what did x mean by this
>really makes you think, huh
>so this is the power of...
>steam friends threads
>console war threads (sales included)
>now that the dust has settled
>wifeu/husbando threads

And many others.

Everyone is free to chip in with ideas, or not. Your choice if you want to make this board a better place and weed out underage meme-spouting faggots.

tl;dr

There is literally no hope for Cred Forums.

Just give up on this board and join the ironic shitposting army.

?

Reading isn't hard, underage fuck.

sauce?

This basically.

Discussing video games on Cred Forums is a gigantic waste of time

It's really like reverse image search doesn't exist

tl;dr

Already did, stopped browsing this shithole a long time ago

There is always hope, we just have to believe.

Where do you think you are now?

The first post after the OP is telling of this board. No one here wants to take anything seriously or expend any effort.

Don't forget Burch/journalist/indie threads.

I will never understand how the same retards who get triggered over e-celeb threads will post a million images over some worthless cunts that made shitty games and said stupid shit.

Go back to your danganronpaul animu thread, fag.

Somewhere I won't be in ten minutes

I don't know what that is, I don't visit Cred Forums

lol

What kind of words trigger you, Cred Forums?

Where do you think we are and if you don't like it why don't you just fuck off to reddit?

Real talk, Cred Forums isn't going to change. Cancerous threads aren't the problem, cancerous posters are the problem. And that's not a problem that will be fixed any time soon.

All you retards will nod your heads and say oh yes Cred Forums is so terrible and filled with terrible people, then you cunts are going to turn right around and make waifu threads and suck the dick of your chosen console manufacterer to the point of absurdity.

'Cred Forums is terrible because of memes' is itself a terrible meme for Cred Forums. There's no hope for you guys. I've reduced my activity here to checking one or two threads a day, max. The amount of faggotry and circlejerking is too high. 99% of what's posted is just pure shit, but unlike Cred Forums or /r9k/, you all KNOW it's shit. But you can't help yourselves because all it takes is one faggot to say that Nintendo is superior to Microsoft and you all fucking explode. You're the same as those attention-seeking hypocritical moronic hipsters you hate so much. You claim to hate all the buzzwords that get thrown around, but use even more of your own so that you don't have to come up with an original thought. You bitch about how reviews are fixed, how Neogaf and all those other sites are filled with like-minded SJW cretins, but this place is just as much of a circlejerk and hivemind. Only difference is that at least Neogaf's gone full draconian SJW in exchange for having nice clean pretty forums. They at least serve their intended purpose. You don't, because you lack self-awareness. #GG is a perfect example of how your inepititude is so severe you can't even win the easiest of fights. You bitch about SJWs taking over journalism but you can't act like grown-ups for five minutes to fight them without coming off as lunatic trolls. You bitch about consoles ruining the industry but you still pirate PC games while wondering why no major publisher gives a shit about PC anymore. And at the end of the day, you all know Cred Forums isn't going to change.

Nice blog. Link your Tumblr next time.

Also I'd like to know approximate amount of mods monitoring this board, and how often they do it. Do they post as other anons and/or make threads as well.

>red-flag references that lead to cancerous content.
What did OP mean by this?

It's too far gone, OP.

Anonymity is both what makes and destroys this place.

>this place is just as much of a circlejerk and hivemind

Man, and you were doing so well too.

Why don't you fuck off

Cred Forums isn't going to change because the people aren't going to change. You can throw out your current memes, they'll be replaced by new ones. You blame certain threads and posters as being cancerous, while ignoring that the cancer has spread to all threads. Many of you are nodding along with this post and thinking that it's everyone else who's the problem. It's not them, it's you. It's me as well, there are plenty of opinions I've stopped myself from posting because I knew Cred Forums would be triggered by them. You're so afraid of SJWs that you've started censoring yourselves, you've gone from wanting an end to the typical grizzled male protagonist to screeching like banshees whenever a game includes a female or black protagonist. You bitch about cinematic games, but certain ones like MGS get a free pass. You fuckers stopped liking Undertale purely because tumblr liked it. You make everything political because you don't like politics in games.

Fuck Cred Forums, there's no saving it.

>It's me as well,

Yeah it really is you.

You're exactly the type of poster that motivates me to do nothing but shitpost on this godforsaken hole.

So OP is complaining on Cred Forums about threads that are off topic by making a thread that's off topic? How meta can we fucking take this?

Anonimity gives people full freedom of speech, especially if words like fuck niggers cocksucking faggot etc aren't considered into moderation.

I'm fine with that since I don't want this board to turn into facebook or reddit, fully at least.

What is just annoying are the meme spouting faggots that make cancerous threads KNOWING it would be deleted sooner or later. You have Cred Forums for that shit.

Again, I'm not saying this board should be ---strictly--- for literal video game discussions without any fun, since everyone would like to have video game RELATED threads from time to time.

hownew.ru

Cred Forums has been bretty good the last two years or so compared to what it was.

eceleb threads are all time low
console war threads all time low
nsfw shit usually kept to 1-2 threads max for people that want that.
etc etc

>what did x mean by this

I mention reasoning behind that in the first fucking sentence

That's it, I'm done. I've had it with all of you miserable shit heads who actually derive enjoyment from being mean and hateful to strangers on this site. Am I no longer allowed to express my opinion on topics related to the thread? Am I to hide my tastes because they differ from the masses? This site is supposed to create an atmosphere conducive to the spreading of opinions but you classless trolls have made the atmosphere one of an oppressive intolerance. Congratulations, you ruined someone's day. You made someone you've never met feel worse merely because it tickled your fancy. I hope you're happy.

>what did x mean by this
>really makes you think, huh

These two are the fucking worst.

Are you fucking high? Go scroll the catalog right now

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Dude I agree with what you were saying but God, you're a huge pussy.

Everything you do can only be bandages, the biggest problem is the culture that's rotten to the core, party because of how incredibly fast the board is
Hiroshima doesn't have the cash to actually hire enough mods to properly moderate the place, and freebies are shit at work
Nuke the place, dark reboot it in a while so 80% of the users have gone somewhere else

Cred Forums needs more stickies imho. It's too bad it's mostly saved for E3 shitstorms and hardly anything fun comes from it. Instead of some dumb gimmick, it becomes a slower version of Twitch chat.

But now you're a part of the problem you are complaining about.

If you don't like when someone pisses in the pool then don't piss in it with them OP.

>Implying trolls on Cred Forums never existed before
>Stop having your own opinion, only mine count
>le vee hivemind

Go home gamer frog.

you are trying to hard, just accept this places sucks and live happy

Cred Forums has more stickies now than it did 10 years ago, they're pointless now because they're shitposting magnets that are basically slower versions of twitch chat as you said, so people ignore the sticky and make new threads anyway so they can actually discuss the topic.

>I can't be bothered to hit the [ - ] every time I see a thread I don't like
>Instead I'll complain about Cred Forums still not being enough of a safespace for newfag reddit-loving cum garglers

this tBh
all the slower boards on Cred Forums are cool and great, it's only the biggest ones like Cred Forums and Cred Forums that will give you an aneurysm

>Ignoring the problem will make it go away

A lot of the slower boards have become cancer too, they're just not full blown AIDS like Cred Forums.

>what did x mean by this

This shit meme seriously should be an autoban

Well it will for you. There's no solving the actual problem so either deal with it or fuck off.

Yeah, that's exactly what Cred Forums need, more overmoderation.

give me three(3) slow boards that are pure cancer

What does Cred Forums thinks of thread specific IDs?

Anonymity is manageable when Cred Forums had less traffic, moderation was somewhat sensible and Cred Forumstards mostly kept to Cred Forums. It became unmanageable when the majority of posters use the board for the sole purpose of shitposting, and the ones who don't have terrible as fuck opinions so you can't really tell the difference.

Ironically Cred Forums was better when it was closer to a hivemind or "sekret club" than it is today.

I would like webms with sounds

pro:it will reduce shill and samefag
con: it will diminue the sentiment of anonymity

If I do you'll just say they aren't slow boards.

I used to be against it because of mobileposting, but after watching threads getting moved to Cred Forums and seeing samefags being exposed Cred Forums really needs it.

>sentiment of anonymity

But it wouldn't. It's thread-specific.

Enforce the rules

Better moderation

Ban e-celeb threads and their OP

Ban Censorship threads

Ban falseflag threads and their OP

Ban off topic pic, on topic post threads and their OP

Make Cred Forums memes a bannable offense

Give Barneyfag mod powers

Another retarded idea being raised by the same "CHANGE SOMETHING TO BOOST MY EGO" idiots who've been a plague on this website for years.

Trolling here was actually funny back then and people put effort in them to make others laugh. Now it's just shitposting for (You)s.

I am open-minded and i accept other views than mine, I'm ready to hear your opinion
Oh ok then let's do that

What did he mean by this?

Janitors already delete Censorship threads. All it does is multiplies the amount of Censorship threads that get made

So, this.... is.... the power of.... meta threads....!

Sales threads aren't shitposting, they are about games or systems which is video game related, if you don't like them don't enter them. Otherwise you're spot on so well done user.

Purpose of making sales threads here is to enforce console wars. Absolutely no video game discussion is going on inside them besides blatant bashing between people who are brainwashed into thinking companies are their pals.

It's literal cancer.

If you actually want to discuss sales without any bias you could check out

Move all /e/ dumps to /e/. No one in those threads discusses the game and theres no reason for it to be here when they can just be on /e/ at the same time.

ban moba tf2 csgo and overwatch discussion because if you play those you are fucking stupid as heck

>ban moba tf2 csgo and overwatch discussion because if you play those you are fucking stupid as heck

I'm up for that, banning people with shit taste. It's awesome how Cred Forums will ban any Naruto thread in comparison.

If you have problem with videogame-related stuff, then fuck off to /vg/ where those aren't allowed

>It's awesome how Cred Forums will ban any Naruto thread in comparison.

t. 2009

If you actually read the thread you'd see that I don't have any problem with vidya related things. They are fine, I'm complaining about massive underage kids making meme-related cancerous threads.

> wanting to get rid of waifu/husbando threads
Just getting rid of the husbando threads would go a long ways. Nothing wrong with waifus

Probably I am, are they not doing that anymore?

Sales threads are almost always shitposting, not because they're offtopic but because they're usually filled with disinfo and flamewars from console warriors and neckbearded armchair analysts. The worst threads on /biz/ are vidya related. Video game fanboys are completely incapable of discussing industry sales without heavy handed moderation due to being mindfucked by brand loyalty.

Moot sanctioned Naruto threads on Cred Forums before he left, changing the board name to "BELIEVE IT" or some shit. IIRC they have Naruto Wednesday threads but I dunno if those still happen.

/vr/ has been suggesting a new board to bridge the gap between what's allowed on /vr/ and what's discussed on Cred Forums. I think making a /v2k/ trial board could slow Cred Forums down just enough to make it easier for the mods to manage. Read this thread, especially the posts talking about /v2k/.

Wow. It's like you hate gays.

you're the cancer user

You're supposed to develop a thick skin and not get so infatuated with comments from other strangers on the internet you giant, quivering vagina.

Cred Forums already has had more board splits than any other board on Cred Forums besides Cred Forums and Cred Forums. It's a mircale /vr/ didn't turn out to be total shit, more board splits aren't going to solve the problem as /vg/ and /vp/ already show. In a few years Hiro will just extend the cuttoff for what's considered "retro" to include gen 6 games up until 2005

I hope you know that post is pasta.

nahh dude you're playing me

Most of /vr/ is against allowing 6th gen there. They already have a little Dreamcast, and you see some people wanting GBA, but most think that full 6th gen would ruin the board.

>>wifeu/husbando threads
no

/vg/ is a circle jerk that needed its own place. /vp/ is barely vidya talk at all.
What harm would one more video game board cause? It's worth a shot.

>b-b-but my rosalinaa

This is how I feel. I only come here now to see if there is any breaking news in video game things since I don't trust the SJWs at sites like GiantBomb.

Meanwhile I report the same 24/7 offtopic or shit post threads that don't belong here and they stay up. I don't think it's all, but it seems like a chunk of the newer janitors and mods on this site are purposely letting the place go to shit while they laugh from their knockoff chans.

Because they're afraid of increasing the flood of Cred Forums shitposters to sanctuary, not because they hate gen 6. It doesn't surprise me their solution is for another board split, but its more likely that the cutoff for what qualifies as retro for /vr/ will get extended in a few years from now.

Both /vg/ and /vp/ are trash boards, Cred Forums is worse now than before the board splits. It won't solve anything.
You might as well say what harm would five more video game board cause? It's worth a shot. Just give every console company their own board, give PC games their own board, give youtube ecelebs their own board, a board for western games and one for japanese games, all these different boards that people on Cred Forums have been clamoring for just so everyone can have their own little safe space where they don't confront each other.

>the newer janitors and mods on this site are purposely letting the place go to shit while they laugh from their knockoff chans.
It's been like this for the majority of Cred Forums's existence.

Considering thread hasn't been deleted - are mods posting here and giving their opinions?

>/vg/
>trash
Nah you're a faggot

>redditors who take Cred Forums like it's some super cereal thing it was never supposed to be

Back to your shit hole. Leave mine.

Not an argument.

A lot of Cred Forums is shitposting, but you can still get pretty good threads here and there. With /vg/ you're stuck with the same fucking shitposters thread after thread, and while Cred Forums can have some of the most cancerous ones most generals have their own dedicated ones too.

Come on just answer. You won't get fired from your "job"

Hiro just asked the other day for these kinds of threads to be made for us to work on solutions. I think the mods are watching them. That's what this thread was about.

Banning words and phrases don't work because they can just be changed or altered.

It has never worked at all whatsoever.

/vg/ has some of the worst and some of the best threads. There's tons of good discussion and content being created in some of the smaller ones.

the only people who think /vg/ isn't trash are fanboy faggots who want a safe space for their favorite games where no dissenting opinions are allowed. coincidentally those types of generals are even easier to shitpost and derail than their Cred Forums counterparts

Well I just wanted to see their own personal opinion, considering they're not clueless newfags who just follow the rules.

>muh own rules
>us users

if you like to make that kind of mistake, try one of those failchansthat came out like 2 years ago

You can make your own boards and admin that shit yourself

You don't like how things go here, go somewhere else

Which is really the same as Cred Forums. Major difference being that smaller generals become stagnant with tripfagging and have to rely on shitposting to prop themselves up to avoid being pushed off the catalog by the more dominant generals. Just like Cred Forums though the majority of generals are hot garbage.

NO

I need my daily suicidewatch threads on cosmo

So people who want to talk about the game without having the shitposting parade trample around spewing their shitty memes like the underage cumguzzlers they are, yes
In every general I'vce been there's been people bitching about aspects of the game, just in a reasonably coherent manner instead of the trash standard of discourse that is Cred Forums

People like you are the reason Cred Forums quality has degraded to such a extent.

Don't forget those threads that start with an off topic image asking things such as:

>what are some games that let me...
>what games let me...
>are there any games that...

>So people who want to talk about the game without having the shitposting

aka anyone with a dissenting opinion

>here's been people bitching about aspects of the game, just in a reasonably coherent manner instead of the trash standard of discourse that is Cred Forums
my sides

the standard of discourse on /vg/ is absolute trash, no exception

Nah.

If there was ever a time to prevent the board quality from degrading, it passed a loooong time ago.

Cred Forums is completely unsalvageable. It's either shitpost or get shitpost on.

None of that is a problem. Cred Forums has always been a much funnier and more enjoyable board than say, r9k or soc.

Just let the community joke around and make troll topics. I'd rather have a bunch of nerds arguing about video games than the shity I see on r9k or the shit I see on /soc/ on a daily basis.

pic related. It's the different types of common cringe you see on some of the worst board. R9k goes into crazy/mental retardation territory.

Do you really want to ruin this board and make it more rule oriented than it already is?

I want to try out ID's for a month or two and see what that does for it. There's a lot of samefags that ruin threads singlehandedly because people think it's multiple retards.

Woah so meta

I love WIFE FUS

All that shit is already supposed to be deleted under the "no garbage outside of Cred Forums", "no flamewars", and other rules, but the mods don't do it.

To be fair, if they did delete all that stuff there'd barely be anything left of Cred Forums and the place would be noticeably censored. So I can understand why they wouldn't.

Sage for off topic.

Oh shut the fuck up. The mods are doing their jobs. Probably a little too much. Cred Forums got ruined by rulefags complaining instead of just realizing Cred Forums isn't meant to be taken seriously.

/soc/ was made as a containment board from Cred Forums. /vg/ is a containment board from Cred Forums. If you don't have a sense of humor then fuck off and go to vg instead you stupid cunt before i cut your gay little balls off.

Everyone has been asking for this for a long time, ever since /qa/ came into being, and ever since Hiro took over. Every argument against it has been refuted. But it's never been implemented for some reason. It would cut down on samefagging and prevent people starting fake flamewars to bump their own threads.

Seriously, Cred Forums is plagued by samefags. Threads have been moved from here to Cred Forums and when the posts suddenly had IDs all the "people" in the argument were really just two people pretending to be about seven. It's fucking cancerous.

Didn't Cred Forums have I.D's for awile? I remember going there a few months back or so and they did. But I went there recently and it looks like they removed them again.

I remember I pretended to be a FromSoft insider and leaked bosses's names for the upcoming Dark Souls 3 DLC. I wanted to know if anyone posted this shit. I searched the fake names, and after less than 4 hours, it was posted on Reddit.

Cred Forums also had ID's, it didn't work than, and it wouldn't work now.

Just fucking sage and report this thread, it's /qa/ being butthurt because they couldn't convince everyone to support what they want.

>Oh shut the fuck up.
>you stupid cunt before i cut your gay little balls off.
Nice counterargument.

Seriously if you post edgy shit like this it's not cool or funny, it's just sad. This is Cred Forums, no one is shocked by an insult, you're not making anyone mad, it just makes you look stupid. People like you that don't think before they post are what make this board shit.

>Cred Forums got ruined by rulefags complaining
Cred Forums was saved by rules and the mods who enforce them. If you don't remember the absolute cancer that was generals taking up half the board you don't have the perspective to be posting in this thread. Cred Forums now is far better than it was back then and every time the mods get their shit together and enforce the rules it improves even more.

This, /qa/ fags need to leave, go to one of those dead-chans and stay there

>get a 3 day ban for posting a picture of spiderman in another thread even though someone else started it first.

OH NO! SPIDER MAN! IT WILL ONLY INCREASE THE CANCER!

Fuck off. You're lucky I don't know where you live or you'd be dying very very fucking horribly right now cunt.

This board, no this SITE is MEANT to be in anarchy. It was better that way.

Make SFW Cred Forums / 2D Cred Forums

You realize those short bans are used to get newfags to behave, right? So you literally posted Cred Forums garbage, got a short ban so you'd learn your lesson, and now you're booty blasted because all of Cred Forums isn't Cred Forums like you're used to?

I was like you years ago. Lurk some more before posting, you'll understand.

What was the pasta for that image? I forget, it's been so long

No it's because you were allowed to post shit like that before. There's nothing wrong with Cred Forums memes. Like at all. Memes only suck now because it got spread to normies and now you can buy it on a fucking t-shirt.

Cred Forums was meant to be different from other message boards. It wasn't meant to have as many arbitrary rules. If I wanted to get moderated for nothing i'd go to gamefaqs. One of the things that was good about this place was that it allowed freedom of speech.

But now they want to try and make this board more rule oriented. Thus turning it into some shitty safespace to appease SJW's.

I like what you're saying, OP.
Here's an idea: Everyone stop defending Pepe. He isn't ours anymore. Pepe = cancer. Pepe needs to be banned site-wide until he's no longer a normalfag meme icon.

I would also crack down on images that don't pertain to video games in general. This is a video game board. You should have video game content to contribute. Of course not saying 100% of images should be video games. But too often people post images that are really Cred Forums tier discussion starters. Those need to be bannable.

>People care this much about this board
Niggas chill, this place is already lost. I don't know why you'd need to talk to strangers about the games you're playing when you could just talk to your real/online friends about them, or if you don't have that, a different vidya forum altogether. The shit that happens here is inconsequential my dudes. No need to get angry over it.

Also iv'e been on Cred Forums since 2008. Maybe not the oldest person to be on this board but iv'e been around long enough to actually understand Cred Forums for what it was. A site to fuck around, trolls trolling trolls, ect, it was fun.

But now they gotta dress it up and pretend it's a real website because moot had to be a retard and give TIME magazine a fucking interview.

Not him, but saying normies instead of normalfags kind of gives away where/when you're from.

The fact that you're shitposting about "normies" and "SJWs" shows how new you really are. Like I said, just stop posting for a while and try to adjust to the culture of Cred Forums outside of Cred Forums and Cred Forums, you'll get the hang of it.

i come to Cred Forums to make people mad