Im thinking of getting a 3ds so for all the people who own one, do you regret buying a 3ds?

im thinking of getting a 3ds so for all the people who own one, do you regret buying a 3ds?

Picked up the new 3ds xl and haven't regretted it.

Mostly got it for Monster Hunter 4U, but there's plenty of decent games for it. Don't regret it at all.

Would definitely recommend the new 3ds xl though. Better processor, larger screen, etc. If you're going to buy one, then get the new 3ds xl as the experience is superior to the other versions.

i bought one for MH4, i've had a lot of fun with it but to be honest it's the only game that i really liked on the platform, most nintendo games on the platform are pretty lame (aside from ALBW which is ok i guess) same goes for level 5 stuff, SMT4 was okayish and i guess if you like atlus (i don't like them that much) there is like 4 etrian odyssey game for the thing

No, not really.

I don't play it much anymore, but I've gotten enough time out of it..

I think I've used it for at least 700-800 hours, maybe more.

I got a N3DSXL for MH and I can't say I regret it since I have about 150 hours already after a couple weeks.

yes until i hacked it, then it's the greatest console i ever owned

get one but make sure it's below 10.7 firmware so you can hack that shit and get free games

Picked one up about 1 month ago it ive gotten my monies worth.
Got SMT4, all the fire emblem games, Kirby Planet Robobot, Majora's Mask, Link between worlds, and the dynasty warriors Zelda game.

Have had mine for about 9 months.
Put about 20 hours on Smash and 3 hours on Pokemon Y...
It wasnt worth it for me.

Just bought Lugis Mansion last night so hopefully thatll be good for a few hours.

>do you regret buying a 3ds?

Not really, but I almost never use it anymore. There were only a few games I really wanted to play on it so after those my interest dried up.

I did enjoy myself though.

Still having fun, have loads more digital and other games coming. I was thinking of hacking it but since I already own most of the must haves I don't really see the point. I do want to get rid of the region lock pretty badly though.

yes

I'm not really a fan of nintendo franchises but my 3DS was worth it for sure even though I only play like an hour or two before going to sleep, won't bore you with details but there's plenty of good RPGs on it

The first years were really rocky, esp. compared to the original DS. But jumping in now there is a SHIT TON of great software available. If you like handheld games there is seriously no better machine around...

I play my 3DS for Smash and Miku. I like it.

The DS has a rocky beginning to. Initial launch didn't have much in the way of games except for SM64DS.

Yes. But only because I got mine old3ds about 4 months before the new3ds was announced. I can't justify upgrading at this point. I'll probably just wait for the next iteration of the device, the new3dsi or whatever the fuck it gets called.

Did you seriously take a picture of a Miku doing the xD face with some weird ass pose?

Yeah, of course I did.

What's the issue?

Why do her eyes look they're drawn in Paint?

How is Teddy Together? I was thinking about getting it.

>yes until i hacked it, then it's the greatest console i ever owned
If you have a hacked 3ds + r4 you can literally play every handheld nintendo game for free.
I am playing rhythm heaven for the GBA on my 3ds and I have never been happier with it.

My 3DS is amazing, as was my DS and my Wii.

Shame about that Wii U. I wonder if mine still works for all the dust it collected.

IDK. It doesn't take much effort to draw winking eyes.

Yeah, it was not great either but i don't remember it THAT bad (maybe the novelity of the hardware itself kept it more interesting, pictochat and all). The 3DS was fucking dire for like the first year. They even had to do the radical price drop and ambassador shit just keep it from flatlining completely (a move that really turned the tide, to Nintendo's credit).

Hell no. Especially after installing a CFW.

It's.. amusing. It's also pretty cute. If you like Nintendogs and stuff like that then you'll like it but otherwise probably not.

Nope
Even if I had only played Monster Hunter I would have gotten my money's worth out of it. But there's a ton of other games on it I've liked and some more I still need to play.

No,
it has an amazing library right now.
Most fun Ive had in years.

I literally only bought it for Ace Attorney.

It's the only system worth owning this gen, for real

yes, its only a pokemon machine
i can play better games in other plataforms

that really isnt saying much though

new3ds is the best system this gen, when hacked of course.

Having a system that can do native GBA/DS is great. I still gotta use a flashcart for DS games, but sd rom loading is coming soon. Can even do SNES through Nintendo's official emulator

3DS has a pretty good library of it's own games too, hyped for Pokemon.

I just a 3.60 vita recently and been having fun with that too, the hardware is nice, pretty good games on it too.

I don't own ps4/xbone and my pc can't run games from the past 3 years.

Picked one up recently and love it

i traded mine for a vita

you should wait for the NX announcement, what if it plays 3ds games natively?

>what if it plays 3ds games natively?
That alone would cause units fly off the shelves at light speed.

Picked up a New 3DS feb last year with animal crossing. I played it for a couple of months then pretty much didn't pick it up for half a year when I played pokemon x and alpha sapphire. Dropped it again and only recently started playing it again with phoenix wright trilogy, ocarina of time 3D and finishing off pokemon X.

It's a fun little console with some decent games but a lot of them I don't really care about so you should probably check out a list of what's released to see if it's worth it.

If you have the know how, you could also just hack it so you can download games and play them from an SD card for free

I doubt it's going to have arm9/arm11 in it.

I have I don't know how many digital games for it, it's probably my most played system ever.

yes

but now that you can pirate games it could be worth it