Let's be honest: Cred Forums was going to hate this game no matter how good/bad it turned out

Let's be honest: Cred Forums was going to hate this game no matter how good/bad it turned out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gq-5qFR6aTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was okay gameplay wise but story and writing were hot shit. That said the Fallout franchise in general has mediocre writing so it's not like Todd broke from tradition in that aspect.

Let's be honest, you care about the opinions of a bunch of shitters

the game is really bad tbqh
but i miss the days when i played it
there is something about fallout setting ya know

This game is ok but has 0 replay value.

I've just finished Nuka World, and boy, it was boring
>hey man clear those five dungeons
>great, now another one
>you're done, now I need you to collect this things for me as a sidequest

At least it was satysfying to execute Gage and the gang leaders on top of that power plant, I'm no raider

Let's be honest: Cred Forums was going to hate this game no matter how good/bad it turned out.

>Let's be honest: Cred Forums was going to hate this game no matter how good/bad it turned out.

pointless argument, when it turned out to be shit

I honestly believe none of the fallout 1-4 + new vegas are bad. I enjoyed every one of them but fallout 4 is just a fun shooter with none of the choices or character building features that made fallout great to begin with. But I know you fags have to argue about which is best so here.

Fallout 1 > New Vegas = Fallout 2 > fallout 3 > Fallout 4

Either way it actually isn't a pointless argument. What actually became pointless is any discussion about this game on Cred Forums.

I recently replayed new vegas and installed a killable children mod. The game gave me questin marks and told me i needed to kill 75 children
Was this put in by obsidian? Is it like a modding Easter egg?
youtu.be/gq-5qFR6aTk

True.
Doesn't change the fact it turned out very, very bad.

>the Fallout franchise in general has mediocre writing

Are you fucking retarded? Fallout 1 & 2 have great writing.

But I'm Cred Forums and I love this game.

In fact, I am all of Cred Forums.

I am the entirety of Cred Forums.

I love Fallout 4, and still play several hours of it a week.

/thread

ALL of FO4 is like this. I played through Automatron today and you just run through hallways you feel like you've seen a million times before already while shooting down enemy after enemy and then you get some reward. At least the robot crafting is kinda cool.

I'm kinda entertained by the mindless exploring and shooting but I am so glad I never paid money for this. Also the modding scene feels like it's never really going anywhere.

is this really that hard to hire a good writer? with a good story, they would have won all the prizes in the world

The truly problem is that AAA games nowadays are a bloated Hollywood-style mess with literally hundreds (if not thousands) of employees working on different aspects of the game. Even if you get a "good writer", he's gonna have a hell of a time trying to have his "good writing" come across in any aspect of the game besides the dialogue or side reading stuff or tooltips or whatever he was put in charge of.
Most of the things that actually matter and shape the game and its world are decided by committees and executive producers.

How about you start a decent thread next time. Maybe an actual discussion. Like which components, such as Character creation, gameplay, weapons, armor, skill tree, factions, writing, setting, NPCs from each fallout would you combine for the next installment. Instead, you bait a flame war with what happens to be one of the shittiest fan base.

Why is New Vegas so popular on Cred Forums anyway?

I'm playing it now and it seems just as bad as Fallout 3, the only difference is half the characters are gay

Because it's more like the originals (1 & 2), with better writing, story, gameplay, etc.

Much more pronounced RPG aspects.
Multiple, non-obvious ways to finish quests.
More believable world that's consistent with Fallout 1&2.
Multiple factions with proper (if not perfect) faction dynamics.
Multiple endings and main quest paths that branch off relatively early. All endings feel meaningful and plausible.

>Still no rape mod
>Still no major gameplay overhaul mod that at least turns it in to American Stalker
>Still no mod that adds actual gameplay or meaning to settlements beyond just making pretty shit or lololololol i farm waters and items

muh EDE
muh jingle jangle jingle
muh skills
muh gay roman faction

but arcade is gay lol XD

>Much more pronounced RPG aspects.

About the same as 4 desu

> Multiple, non-obvious ways to finish quests.

Same as 4. Im still finding new paths during certain quests

> More believable world that's consistent with Fallout 1&2.

More like a rehash of older Fallouts, but Ill give you this.

>Multiple factions with proper (if not perfect) faction dynamics.

Same as 4

> Multiple endings and main quest paths that branch off relatively early. All endings feel meaningful and plausible.

Only difference in endings is who you fight on the dam

This is what I went in expecting, but it was really no different than Fallout 3.

RPG aspects are identical to Fallout 3. "Multiple ways to finish a quest" just means oh yeah if you have X skill a X level you can skip the interesting parts of the quest and just finish it automatically. The world is the same as Fallout 3. Factions are completely transparent (NCR = good ending, Legion = bad ending, House = funny ending, Yes Man = backdoor failsafe ending). All factions play exactly the same, too, same quests and everything.

All the endings being bad doesn't make them deep or meaningful or "plausible", either.

3 and 4 are like the Star Wars prequels. They push forward and expand on the universe, which angers some of the more haddcore fanboys. Different is bad

NV is the Force Awakens. It's a safe, riskless remake of the Black Isle games. Look! It's the NCR, remember them? Look! It's Marcus, remember him? It's not a bad game, but it has no confidence in its own merits so it sucks up to its big brothers everyone loves

>desu
If you want to be taken seriously, avoid talking like a newfag redditard.

Not at all. The pre-release Fallout 4 threads were full of people trying to rationalize how the game could still be good despite all the bad stuff we saw. People wanted it to be good, I know I did, and the ones who enjoyed the earlier titles in the series held onto that hope until the end. After it came out, there was no way to deny or rationalize all the terrible design in the game.

>they sold a season pass for Fallout 4
>apparently there were only two content DLCs, the rest were workshops and shit

Why is this allowed? Didn't Fallout 3 and New Vegas both get at least 4 meaty bits of DLC? If they only wanted to do 2, fine, but then why sell a season pass at all? Isn't that dishonest?

Fuck no. If Fallout 4 had been actually good we would be outside celebrating streaking butt naked.

But there is zero hope now. Fallout 4 turned out to be EVEN WORSE than what we saw at pre-release. I'm not even going to mention the shady season pass and bullshit DLC.

god i hope this is bait

3 and 4 literally just takes generic medieval plot elements like imperial knights and reskins them into something "Fallout" like BoS. But I'm sure you know this, I doubt you were anything but baiting

I loved the hell out of it. I liked the world building /trade routing aspect of it. And seeing as I loved the other two, I didn't think that I'd dislike this one.

3 and 4 are the prequels
NV is Clone Wars

the only reason i havent played through nuka world is cxause i dont want to be a riader leader, you can kill all of them?

F4's story DLCs were 3 times the size of 3 and 4's DLCs, though. Dead Money is like one or two sections of Nuka World

Also Automatron and Vault had quests and shit

Those nostalgia goggles are strapped on pretty tight there user.

>It was okay gameplay wise
That's being far too generous. The gameplay was dumbed-down so hard, it doesn't even resemble an RPG.

New Vegas is a far better and less dumbed-down RPG, and feels more like a proper Fallout game.
Fallout 3 removed and streamlined a lot of features and mechanics, which New Vegas brought back.

>Isn't that dishonest?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yes i believe having immortal characters is totally not immersion-breaking

That user was most likely referring to the improved gunplay, not the lacking rpg elements.

>Go to DLC page on Steam to buy some DLC for the game today
>Look at everything there
>Click away

It was so bad. I'm usually just the type of guy who will waste money on an impulse buy like that, even for something that he knows will be mediocre, but looking at that just bored me on such a deep level I couldn't bring myself to spend a single cent.

How did Bethesda fuck up this badly?

There are things they could've done to make Cred Forums hate it less, like:
Not break lore
Not have a voiced protagonist
Not remove skills

and so on. If they addressed the common criticisms of Bethesda games with it, maybe Cred Forums would've actually liked it, even.

Are Bethesda willing to change?

Reminder that people will talk hot shit about this constantly until FO5 comes out and people will say that actually it was alright

Then they should say gunplay, not gameplay.

Don't be an idiot. Fallout 3 was shit when it came out and still is considered so.

Does anyone have that comic that uses relationships between a guy and a girl and her sister as an analogy for the Fallout series? It's funny because it turned out wrong and I want to rub it in.

Not true.

But god damn did it turn out badly.

Fallout 3 was still better than Oblivion though.

Because that happened to F3, right?
The fallout cycle doesn't exist because Obsidian made a game leagues better than the garbage beth shits out, so their games are always going to be shit in comparison

>F4's story DLCs were 3 times the size of 3 and 4's DLCs

>F4's DLC is 3 times the size of itself

>Because that happened to F3, right?
Exactly.

???

!!!

It was developed by a few of the people that worked on the originals and/or people that developed similar games and share their design ethos, which is reflected in the design of the game:
The player's skills and statistics are factored into the solutions, of which there are often multiple, to the quests more often, making characters more distinct from one another
The reputation system allows the player to have more complex faction relationships, as opposed to one universal good/evil meter that determines everybody's reaction
The player's freedom is less arbitrarily restricted through the presence of essential characters, and if a character is invincible it's usually explained, unless they're a child
The player's background is left very ambiguous allowing players to make up their own backstories rather than having to be a vault dweller/tribal/etc.

It's just more geared towards roleplaying in general, and the writing is more logical and consistent with the old games.

I actually liked Fallout 3, even though New Vegas was better in most ways. Fallout 4 was just shit.

>nostalgia goggles
I first played Fallout 1 & 2 a year ago.

Anybody that honestly believes 3 is better than New Vegas deserves to be gassed and have there genes wipe out.